Start by marking “Beezer” as Want to Read:
Beezer

Beezer

Beelzebub, the prince of demons, is bored. It's his destiny to one day rule the dark underworld known as the Red Realm, but it's sooo boring down there. All he wants to do is lay around all day in the lava pits (ahhh), boss everyone around (rude!), and maybe play a cruel prank (or two). But Beelzebub's father has had it with his son's nasty attitude. No one backtalks the ...more
Audible Audio
Published January 30th 2020 by Audible Original

To ask other readers questions about Beezer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beezer

Start your review of Beezer
Alaina
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting??

Not going to lie.. I didn't read the synopsis before diving into this audible original. Yet, I didn't feel like I was confused throughout it once. It was, however, very interesting to meet Beezer. Now he's the son of the devil.. and isn't quite evil like his dad but once he goes to earth he's kind of evil?

A little confusing but Beezer was just a crazy ass wild kid. The family he is kind of thrown into automatically loves him. They are all adopted but they were the cutest thing
Alex Shrugged
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an Audible Original book for young teens. It is about on the level of the Disney TV show, "
Warning: If you don't like cartoon plots then skip this audiobook.

The story: Beelzebub (Beezer), son of Lucifer, has been skipping his demon lessons and generally slacking off, so Lucifer banishes him from Red World to Earth as the adopted son of a single, jobless mother who is amazingly understanding, mature and cheery. At first, Beezer wants to strangle her and his two cheery adopted siblings,
Leslie Nyen
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Mark
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Kind of mixed feelings here.

There are some good light metaphors in here, lots of good messages about escaping from your abuser, staying true to yourself and getting away from the expectations of those who don't understand you, relying on others, not being ashamed of your true self, etc.

But the overlying metaphor is pretty bad. There are a LOT of tropes about the foster kid being "a demon" or "coming from Hell," and that they need to just get away from their "evil" birth home and become what the
Amanda
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just finished listening this book and I have to say it was very good. I got is as a free book from audible. So I am leaving my honest review.

This book was so very cute. I got this book to share with my son. He has many things that makes it hard for him to pay attention so we usually read together but I got this book for us to listen to together. He and I very much loved it. The character development was great and performance was amazing. The story had a great lesson to as well and that’s the
Susan
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Good short story. Well performed in audible original. Some of the storyline leaves me unlikely to recommend it to children though. [Particularly foster or adoptive child as evil/ son of the devil.] I know, I know it is a good over evil thing. But I have heard that remark before and it is harmful to traumatized kids when uttered in real life.

That said, the story also has very empowering themes for being able to overcome past evil inflicted in your life.

To sum it up, I wouldn't be mortified to
Jillian
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
1.5 Stars. I picked this up as one of my free listens. I usually grab a kid's book as one of the free Audible Originals and typically have been really happy with them. Beezer didn't do it for me though. It just wasn't all that interesting to me. The voices and acting were pretty good, though I did find all of the background sounds a bit distracting. There was a cheesy moral that felt oversold and the character growth wasn't growth so much as a sudden change to making what is deemed "positive or ...more
Sonja
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
I waffled a lot between whether this was just okay or if I liked it. I generally enjoy stories for all ages and I love recordings in the style of radio dramas, but the one just doesn't quite hit the "I liked it" level.

In general, I think kids would enjoy this story and I feel like it has a lot of potential. The voice actors did a great job and the radio drama style does add to the overall enjoyment of the story.

This also sets itself up for another story, which I would consider checking out.
Starlessbird
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
The story was fine, if not a bit dark for its age group. The audio performance was over the top in places, but being geared for middle school age groups, it was fine.
The sound effects were by far the worst part. At least four times someone was eating in the story and they felt the need to make horrible sounds like someone sloppy eating with their mouth open. There was also an unnecessary sound effect when a character vomited. The sound choices alone made me pause the story multiple times and
Kandice Miles
Feb 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Overall, this was a cute story about discovering who you are and what matters most to you. I enjoyed the take on the Devil and him having a child that wants to rebel against him. It’s kind of ironic. The characters were adorable and I loved Beezer’s adoptive family. They were so welcoming and loving, and they didn’t care where Beezer came from or how rough he had it; they were going to love him for who he was. If you have any issues listening to people eat, there are a few spots during this ...more
L.A.L.
Feb 12, 2020 rated it liked it
This was one of Audible’s freebie choices for February. Overall, a cute story, but I think this would be better in a graphic novel or comic book format. (As a side note, the author primarily writes comic books, so it makes sense.)

I wavered between pick & so-so. I’d give it 3.5 stars.

The ensemble performance was well done. 5 stars for the performance.

This story just wasn’t quite as cute a story as last month’s Interview with the Robot.
Mary
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Short and fast past middle grade novel. I thought it was cute but the plot just went forth a little too fast and not as dark as it could be (both of which make sense considering it’s a middle grade but still, not my fave). I probably would’ve given this book a 3.5 or 4 stars anyways cause it was cute and well performed by the voice actors but I hate cliffhangers.
Also the eating noises are disgusting.
Joselyn  Raquel Moreno Burke
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I picked this one up from the original mostly because of the cover and the blurb seemed fun, now I have to say that it was awesome, I had so much fun.

I actually hope there's more on this story later, the kids were so interesting and compelling, the idea of a new family like that was so nice.

Loved the positivism on Jessica side she was so good, and the part of inclusion absolutely fantastic, this should be a rule in our world.

Absolutely worth it, pick it up at once.
Jellajera
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, fiction, fantasy
I thoroughly enjoyed this audio book and am very much looking forward to the sequel, should one be released. The voice acting was phenomenal and I actually enjoyed doing my household work while listening to it! As others have pointed out, this may not be the best choice for those who are sensitive to the topic of adoption/foster care..
Alyssa Lynn
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Even though this wasn't my normal genre pick; I got it free from Audible and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was interesting, had a good storyline, and kept me entertained throughout. Definitely a great short story! The author did a great job writing this and keeping the characters interesting while making the point of the story known. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good laugh.
Ida Wilcox
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OH Goodness

This was the cutest story about the devil I have ever read. My only problem with it, it was tooo short.

This story could have continued on for a while.

But what was in it was cute and kept me interested.

Is there going to be a part two. :)

It left it open for it to be one. :)
Wiebke (1book1review)
Feb 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
This was a fun audiobook with a message about leaving behind a broken home and be open for something new.
As an adult it's easy to see through the message which can make it a bit boring. I think children will enjoy the story a lot more for the adventures and characters than I did.
The audiobook was narrated by a full cast and very well done.
Angela
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
I downloaded it as a free Audible. I would have probably liked it better as a book read. Didn’t enjoy the characters voices and all the background sound effects.
Sound more like a middle school stage performance.
Niki
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was a quick one. I always like a fun and easy story that dives into magic and evil characters. I enjoyed this one from satan down to the normal children satan's son meets when he is cast to the evil earth.
Katelan Haynes
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
I listened to this audiobook for free from audible.

While I did chuckle a few times the story relied heavily on typical stereotypes and I cringed every time I heard someone eating...I can’t get past those noises.
Aleksandar Dimitrov
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: other
Listened on Audible.

3 stars for the story, simple and contained, maybe a bit too simple, but still pleasant.

The audio effect are great in those audio book originals, however I am missing the character introspection a lot, as those books are mostly comprised of dialogues.
Adenike Adesina
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this as a short audiobook with full cast and sound effects. It would be awesome as an animated origin story and can further developed as a series for young adults! I would be a huge fan!! ...more
Stasia
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
It's kinda weird that it's in the kid's category cuz it's pretty dark, but I kinda liked it?
Aasta
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was so cute! I really liked the family dynamic he found on earth. Can't wait for the sequel (I'm guessing it will be one based on the ending).
Garidation
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was cute!
Krysti Tiscareño
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
It was really cute. It's a fast listen.
Meg GlitteryOtters
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Juju Rodriguez
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Omg this was so frickin cute!! I want more of Beezer on earth!
Leane
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really cute story. Wish it was longer.
I liked that they hit on the mix of adopted kids and the good/evil thing.
Would definitely read/listen to more stories with this family and/or Beezer.
Renee Weasley
This was a cute and heartwarming Audible Original, and I really enjoyed listening to it!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Peter Pan
  • You Ought To Know Adam Wade
  • Buried Deep
  • The Minuteman
  • Pile of Bones (The Legends of the First Empire #0.5)
  • Camp Red Moon (an Audible Original)
  • You Can Thank Me Later: A Novella