Start by marking “Une lune bleue dans la tête (Olive, #1)” as Want to Read:
Une lune bleue dans la tête (Olive, #1)

Une lune bleue dans la tête

(Olive #1)

Olive, c'est l'histoire d'une fille de 17 ans, très timide et renfermée mais à l'imagination débordante. Un jour dans le monde onirique qu'elle s'est créée au fil des années débarque Lenny, un spationaute blessé et malade. Que fait donc cet homme dans son espace réservé où personne n'est jamais invité ?
Published March 6th 2020 by Dupuis

To ask other readers questions about Une lune bleue dans la tête, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Une lune bleue dans la tête

Start your review of Une lune bleue dans la tête (Olive, #1)
Lauren Lanz
This was a gorgeous graphic novel about an autistic girl that creates a vibrant imaginary world in her head. I was entranced by the entire story, but the art was what made it truly wondrous.

Olive is a seventeen year old that often prefers her imagination to the real world. After a loud roommate moves into her college dorm, she finds herself escaping into her head more often than usual. While no one seems to believe in Olive’s alternate world, it has become a source of comfort and solace for her.
Mitticus
+Digital ARC gently provided by Netgalley and publishers in exchange for an honest review+

3.5 dreamscape stars

A oneiric journey through the mind and imagination of a 17-year-old girl. And when we speak here of "inner world"- it is something literal.

Olive Oblicoq is a French girl who goes to a boarding school, where we quickly see that she lives isolated from the rest within her own mind, she barely pays the least attention to her surroundings and her classes, although she is forced by her m
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley, Vero Cazot, Lucy Mazel and Europe Comics for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

2 stars.

So this took a bit of getting into. I must admit that I almost stopped reading near the start because it just wasn't making much sense and it was quite confusing. It did get more untangled as it went on but the beginning is too important when it comes to novels trying to grab your attention and pulling you into the story. Because that didn't happen with me, I wasn't
Jinghay (these.blank.pages)
I really liked the concept behind this graphic novel!
To have a place to call your own, inside your head, and be able to step back from reality when you want to. It just seems like something we could all do with!
I thought Olive herself was an extremely relatable character, and even though her actions sometimes annoyed me a little.. I could see why she acted that way. (People can be so cruel sometimes)

I'm really curious to find out more about the astronauts and how on earth he was able to discove
Neha
Aug 15, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
We follow Olive, an autism girl who spends most of her time inside her head. Little known to others is that she has a vast and magical world in there. We see Olive struggling with interacting with her peers and even her therapist. All she wants in life is to be left alone in her magical head.

I really enjoyed the art of the graphic novel. It really gave a sense of magical realism and illustrated Olive's struggles without the need of words. Though the plot was a bit confusing to me, what kept me
Layla
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was sent a copy of this through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Olive is a gorgeously illustrated graphic novel centred on an autistic girl, living at a boarding school in France. Olive lives in a world she has created within her mind, which is beautiful and safe for her, whilst she traverse's the hardships of daily life. Her real world is sent spiralling by the arrival of a new roommate, and her internal world is rocked by a surprise guest.

The only reason this wasn't a five star f
Anusha Narasimhan
Review to come
booksandmate
Antes que nada, thanks NetGalley and EuropeComics for providing me with an eArc in exchange for an honest review.

Olive, age 17, has a rich and vivid inner life. She has created an imaginary world that she’s able to visit whenever she chooses. But her daily life on earth is shaken up by the arrival of a new roommate at boarding school, who won’t leave Olive alone. And even more upsetting: a mysterious spaceman makes a surprise appearance in her imaginary world!

What truly captivates the rea
Alexys_Tenshi
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, pdf
I was sent a copy of this through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Olive is an illustrated graphic novel about an autistic girl and her life during her last high school year. She lives at a boarding school in France and usually don't love to have roommates. But, when a new girl becomes her new roommate Olive's world begin to change.

We discovers that Olive lives in a world all on his own. She spends most of the time in this place full of colors and "friends", where she can do and be who
It's Jess✨
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great first installment!

I really want the next part!

I don't want to explain too much, but I really enjoyed how Olive dealt with life and I hope her world is explained soon. It is so interesting!

I also hope the next installment talks about how the victim of the bully shouldn't have to be "more careful" but that the bullies need to stop bullying!

Also, I don't enjoy it when a character decides to be mean to another character for no reason. This is in regards to her nice roommate! Olive isn't
Sirah
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Living in two worlds is exhausting, especially when no one seems to understand how important one or the other is. Olive doesn't fit in with the other kids at school, her parents, teachers and therapist don't understand her. Although her new chatty roommate tries to be friendly, Olive is used to pushing people away. But what is an astronaut doing in her imaginary world?
Filled with brilliant contrasts from the soothing, welcoming Dreamarium to the harsh winter and bullying classmates, the artwork
Hayley
3.5 stars.

Really beautiful art and interesting story, although I didn’t realise this was part one and it ends on a cliffhanger! (More an issue for me than anything else.)

Thank you to Europe Comics and Netgalley for the eARC.
Sydnëy Maë
3/5 stars.
JustAButterfly
I received a free digital copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Olive, a college freshman, is almost always in her own imaginary world. This world is a safe place she can escape to if she's bored or doesn't want to interact with other people. But all of that changes when an astronaut--someone not of her own creation, unlike her giant rubber duck friend Noel and constellation-whale Rose, and starts doing weird things inside it. It also happens to coincide wi
ashes ➷
(received an ARC from NetGalley.)

A wonderful first volume! I'm generally wary about series comics-- so many potential pitfalls in pacing, planning, etc.-- but this one immediately hooked me for the rest of the series.

Firstly, we have Olive herself: an autistic (I believe, it's a passing comment) girl at a boarding school she can't keep up with. She's constantly stuck in her head, in the world that she's created. I requested this book specifically because I've never seen maladaptive daydreaming
Michelle Alpizar Paez
First of all thank you netgally for letting me read this beautiful graphic novel.
Here we follow Olive’s life, an autistic girl living at a boarding school. She has a great and immense world inside her head. And the only thing she wants is to be left alone and live inside her world.
In this novel we can see the comparison between the real world and hers, and the contrast is huge. A place full of colors compared to the monotony of daily life.
Olive’s quiet life is interrupted when someone asigne he
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

2.5 stars.

Meet Olive, an autistic girl who often loses herself in her own world. A world of magic, technology and safety. There were 1 or 2 things I could recognise myself in with Olive. I felt for her, especially with that one boy who apparently no one cares about despite him having a whole bag of her clothing XS stuff. Which just creeped me out. But at times I wanted her to find more help, more support also from the school, a
Malex
In this graphic novel we follow Olive, a young woman who developed her own imaginary world to escape reality when it becomes too much to handle. Things start to get hectic when 1/ she's assigned a new roommate at school who won't leave her alone and 2/ a mysterious astronaut keeps appearing in her inner world.

First, the art is amazing! Alternating between two color palettes, it helps us follow Olive as she switches from our world to her own. I loved how everything happening inside Olive's head i
Tayla
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an electronic copy of this via netgalley and was intriguied from the synopsis.

I cannot speak from personal experience on the Autism representation but I personally found it very eye opening yet beautifully done. We see Olive likes to be alone and becomes distressed when she finds out she will get a roommate. Alongside 'the real world', we see Olive's imaginative world that she has created and falls into whenever she is alone. Here she has two friends she has grown up with: Rose - a fl
Theediscerning
The first part of a quadrilogy of short graphic novels, that seem to have taken 15 years in the gestation – to such an extent only the creators might know what the heck it's about. Olive, who some times looks a typical teenager and others looks like Joan Cusack gone wrong, is suffering at school because she's spending too much of her days in an alternative, possibly imaginary, reality, one that she has more or less made herself – including her talking giant bath duck best friend. That is until s ...more
Lex
Aug 24, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, graphic-novel
Olive lives in two worlds - her imaginative reality and the real world. She is outcast by her schoolmates, prefers to be left alone, and has an innate ability to come up with some useful inventions for her private world. However, her life gets disruptive not only when she has a new roommate in real life, but also because she has an unknown visitor in her inner life.

The art of this graphic novel is gorgeous and captivating - it's what initially drew me in. The story was a little confusing at fir
Jackie
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ARC copy supplied by NetGalley in exchange for a review

I'm not super on board for this one. Art - beautiful. Premise - intriguing. Actual story - ummmm. I have a couple of qualms with this. First, we the readers are presented Olive in her science fiction world and then we are immediately shown Olive sitting in front of a psychologist/therapist who is telling her this world isn't real. Is Olive imagining this world as some kind of coping mechanism for an unrevealed mental health problem? Her inte
Readwithethel
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Intriguing comic with beautiful graphics

Olive is a French graphic novel that has recently been translated into English by @Europecomics. It is composed of 4 books that will be released later this year and next year. It was quite a nice read. However, I was, and I still am confused by the beginning. I don’t understand the link between the first scene and the rest of the book. Maybe the next book will help me understand it better, who knows. Apart from that, the art is really nice, full of colour
Yami
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
First of all to say that it has been a bit confusing and a bit uhh start. I don't know what word to use? Strange perhaps, we see the protagonist and her imaginary reality created to cope with the reality that according to overwhelms her and she cannot handle, but I don't know why I have felt that the story itself does not have much weight, at least in this first part, I agree with many that the story is very strange and the world very unsatisfactory, given its cover I expect a BOOM! in history a ...more
Angela
Aug 16, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elia
Olive is a non-neurotypical teen with autism, who lives between two worlds. One is the world in which she attends boarding school and has a regular dull life, and one is the world only she believes is real, in which she creates everything in her environment and shapes it with her mind. The second world is her favorite, she shares it with a giant rubber ducky and a prehistoric whale who are her closest friends. This is the world she escapes to when things in the other world get too hard... like f ...more
Halley
Aug 18, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-manga

3/5
It took me a while to get into this graphic novel, but I strongly suspect the story won't pick up momentum into a few volumes in. The imagery in Olive's head is beautiful and lush and vibrant, and contrasts nicely with the bland environments of the real world around her. I'm left with more questions than answers here, but that's to be expected for a first volume.
I found the font to be a bit distracting initially, but as I read on I think I came to understand the choice of it a bit more clear
Luna
Olive spends most of her time in her world. A place that is very real for her and one that she doesn’t feel others will understand. The first volume introduces you to Olive, her world, and the struggles she has outside of this.

I don’t really want to discuss the plot too much as I feel this is a re-read friendly graphic novel. Visually it’s beautiful and there is a lot of detail in the panels, especially when Olive is in her world. I think that is worth a second look.

The story does occasionally c
Ashley
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Netgallery for this book in exchange for an honest review. Olive is a book about a girl of the same name who is a maladaptive daydreamer and astral projects to her own world. Always in control, her world starts to make changes without her decision.

I wanted this book when I heard she was astral projecting because I don't hear this subject matter in a lot of books. I've also been reading a lot of comics as well so I thought this would be up my alley.

Starting with the positives, it is a
Sunaina Rao
Sep 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Net Galley and Europe Comics for the ARC of this graphic novel.

This preview left me wanting more! The first issue of this series introduces us to Olive, an imaginative autistic woman who struggles to balance her life between two realities.
The artwork was beautiful and the colors really helped to set the tone. The story was compelling and wholesome. I could see Olive's character clicking with any young person, neurotypical or otherwise, that enjoys the world in their mind more than

• Le rêve de Sarah (Les soeurs Grémillet, #1)
  • Ever After
  • Mary: The Adventures of Mary Shelley's Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Granddaughter
  • My Riot
  • The Tea Dragon Tapestry (Tea Dragon, #3)
  • En quête de vérité (Dans les yeux de Lya, #1)
  • Sur les traces du coupable (Dans les yeux de Lya, #2)
  • One of Those Days