Start by marking “Stalking the Moon” as Want to Read:
Stalking the Moon

Stalking the Moon

(Wyrdwood Welcome #1)

Viviane doesn't have time for disembodied voices...or ancient murderous hags!

She's in charge of a mentally ill mother, a sneaky grandfather, and a sexy (but amnesiac) fiancé. Her family relies on her. And yet, the whispers in her head are barging into Reality—with claws and teeth and wicked intent.

When her fiancé goes missing, she'll do anything to find him. If that mean
Published April 24th 2020 by Wily Writers

To ask other readers questions about Stalking the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stalking the Moon

Start your review of Stalking the Moon
Kerry
Dec 17, 2020 added it
In Angel Leigh McCoy’s “Stalking the Moon,” magical realism crashes into the all-too-real world of mental illness, and the author handles it with a sympathetic and supportive voice. In it, the lead character, Viviane, finds her complicated connections with reality slipping when a mystery evolves. With some vivid settings and creepy overtones, complicated characters and memorable action, this book sprints to a conclusion too soon. Luckily, this is the first in a series.
Wanda Jewell
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
When reading the blurb about this book, I thought it would be something entirely different from what I actually read. This book takes place mostly in an insane asylum/mental health facility. It is pretty verbose and to me it was hard to follow as it had a lot of mental crap happening mixed in with the story line. I did not see any resemblance to the stories I have read by Ilona Andrews, Kim Harrison, or Shayne Silvers. It reminded me more of A Clockwork Orange than anything else. I did not conne ...more
Lexi
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was very different from anything I had ever read. This is such a different UF book and I enjoyed the characters a lot. Vivane is battling her own demons as her hallucinations are becoming real and one of them kills. There is a lot of mystery involved and it isn't as sad or depressing as I had worried it would be. I enjoyed how real these characters felt and how much the story drew me in. I loved the mix of psychology and the fantasy. ...more
Joan
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a departure from anything else I have ever read. It is part psychology and part psychiatry which I am accustomed to reading as case studies. Never have I ever read a book for pleasure that contains both subjects as a form of entertainment. Little did I expect such a journey to be so enjoyable. I found the closer I came to finishing it the more I wanted it to continue. Please do read this book and soon.
Annalisa
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Vivane is a schizophrenic and hallucinates. Her hallucinations are coming to life and one of them is a murderer. This book was kinda different but good. The characters are real. The story like I said is unusual. The worldbuilding is really good. I liked it.

Kim McDougall
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a unique UF world, Stalking the Moon delivers. I really enjoyed this characters in this story. They were quirky and real. And fun. I also appreciated the extra bits at the end, scenes from other characters' perspectives.
Stalking the Moon is set in and around a home for mentally ill. Sounds dark, but it was full of joy and love and mystery. I highly recommend it.
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the storyline and character development. The overlap of fantasy and real world created an engaging and layered narrative. I can't wait to read the next book in the series! ...more
Kathiji
Mar 28, 2021
AusomeAutist
Nov 20, 2020
Angel McCoy
Jan 31, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-me
Ophelia Fox
Sep 22, 2020
Beatrix Starling
Sep 22, 2020

• Root Brew Float (One Scoop or Two)
  • Merlin's Supernatural Academy: Waking the Dragon
  • The Damsel Gauntlet (Gretchen's [Mis]Adventures - Season One, #1)
  • Crooked Changeling (Woodlock’s Home for Magical Delinquents #0.5)
  • Peril and Paws (A Spirits of Tempest Cozy Mystery Book 3)
  • Fremder Himmel
  • Don't Say My Name (Legends Unleashed, #1)
  • A Game of You (The Sandman, #5)
  • Black Bird of the Gallows (Black Birds of the Gallows, #1)
  • Crown Of Blood (Academy Of The Damned, #3)
  • Magic Exchange (The Velkin Royal Academy, #1)
  • Season of Mists (The Sandman, #4)
  • The Glimmer War (Rise of the Dark Fae #3)
  • Wolf Moon (Alpha Wolf Academy, #2)
  • Fated Magic (Lughnasadh Elite Academy 4-6)
  • Witch Gone Viral  (Red Witch Chronicles #3)
  • Shift Happens (New Orleans Nocturnes, #2)
  • Masking the Fae King (Bramble's Edge Academy, #2)
Angel Leigh McCoy is the creative force behind the epic Wyrdwood Project novel series and the Dire Multiverse world, including the “Dire Multiverse” audio drama, the Danika Dire video game (in production), and various works of fiction to come.

As a game writer, she has contributed story, characters, and dialogue to AAA games such as CONTROL and Guild Wars 2.

Her short story "Outlaws" was recently

Wyrdwood Welcome (5 books)
  • Jumping the Moon: (paranormal psychological thriller) (Wyrdwood Welcome Book 2)
  • Jumping the Moon (Wyrdwood Welcome, #2)
  • Hexing the Moon
  • Hexing the Moon: Magical Realism - Adventure - Suspense (Wyrdwood Welcome Book 3)

News & Interviews