Start by marking “Once in Paris” as Want to Read:
Once in Paris

Once in Paris (Hutton & Co. #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  1,264 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
From Publishers Weekly

A casual flirtation between an 18-year-old girl and a wealthy man twice her age leads to love and danger in this engaging but not entirely plausible thriller by popular romance author Palmer (The Rawhide Man). Brianne Martin's nefarious wheeler-dealer of a stepfather sends her to study in Paris, where she falls for widowed oilman Pierce Hutton. In the
Published November 1st 1998 by MIRA Books (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Once in Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once in Paris

Dinjolina
Jun 12, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
His fingers curled closer into hers. "I loved Margo," he agreed. "It took a long time to let go of her." He lifted his face. "But Tate was right. He said that you had the same qualities Margo had, and that I was a fool to let you go." He smiled halfheartedly.

The translate to normal English:
“I love my first wife. You, my darling, are the substitute I will live with for the next 3o years.”

"I love you, Brianne," he whispered back. "Je t'aime si beaucoup!"

Not only did he love her, he told her he
Jenny
Brianne and Pierce are a perfect couple. After losing his beloved first wife to cancer hero is a lonely, devastated, haunted man. He marries Brianne to protect her from an arranged marriage with Philippe Sabon who later becomes Brianne's friend and gives Pierce a run for his money. Pierce rejects Brianne. He won't risk his heart or betray his dead wife by falling for his young innocent wife but he becomes extremely jealous of his young wife's close bond with Philippe and the secrets they share. ...more
Varied Books
1/30/17 on sale for $1.99. I read this as a PB years ago. I remember liking it so I got the ebook.
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hutton & Co. 01
Uma Vez Em Paris
Diana Palmer
H.P. Sucessos 09
2011

Como criei muita expectativa sobre este livro, então, parto do principio que ninguém é enganado neste romance, pois os protagonistas sabem os problemas e as virtudes que cada um tem.

Pierce é sedutor, charmoso e totalmente másculo, é muito difícil não se apaixonar por ele.

Brianne é inexperiente, curiosa e ousada, é uma combinação explosiva, que a transforma numa pessoa encantadora, acho complicado, pra ele, não desejá-la.

Bri sa
Cora
May 28, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. Diana Palmer has a writing voice that draws me. In this book Brianne runs into one of her step father's business contacts at a museum in Paris. He'd recently lost wife, and he looks so dark and blank as he stares at the paintings, she decides to approach him and tell him that it's okay to remember her (the wife), that things will get better.

Pierce had planned to end his own life, but after this meeting with Brianne, and then another chance meeting at a little pub she m
Roub
Mar 27, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
the start was so good!i was sure i was heading for a fabulous read ! unfortunately, as we went into intrigue, spying, warring countries; i felt kinda lost. i'm not into those kinds, i prefer pure romance! if der has to be an intrigue, i wud prefer one less complicated than in this book. i can't be bothered wid all these details, i was more interested in pierce and brianne's blossoming relationship!
Amanda Sheila
What a great story. Sure Pierce's a bit annoying just like Diana Palmer's usual Hero but still, I liked him. I feel bad for Brianne, especially when Pierce called her by his late wife's name when they made love. Ooooh, burn!

I enjoyed this book and I'll read more Diana Palmer's book. :))
Janie
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4 stars

Can only vaguely remember this book, as intrigue or lots of political angst was not my thing. Need to reread it.
Julie C-F
Will be deleting this ebook, am not even halfway through but i have a feeling this is not a good one.
Mackenzie
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 1 of 5
  • The Surprise Of His Life (Silhouette Special Edition #688)
  • The Fallen Greek Bride / At the Greek Boss's Bidding
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Love's Legacy
  • First Love, Last Love
  • Proud Greek, Ruthless Revenge
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
  • Raffaele: Taming His Tempestuous Virgin (Orsini Brothers, #1)
  • Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem (Armstrong Sisters #1)
  • Never Too Old
  • Fire and Rain (MacKenzie-Blackthorn #2, Man of the Month #13)
  • The Change in Di Navarra's Plan
  • To Claim His Heir by Christmas
  • Green Lightning
  • The Edge of Heaven (The McRaes, #2)
  • My Lord Protector
  • Lost Warriors (Conard County, #5)
  • Defending His Own  (The Protectors, #4)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Hutton & Co. (5 books)
  • Paper Rose (Hutton & Co. #2)
  • Lord of the Desert (Hutton & Co. #3)
  • The Texas Ranger (Hutton & Co. #4; Long, Tall Texans #19)
  • Desperado (Hutton & Co. #5; Long, Tall Texans #21)