Start by marking “Luminous (Lucid, #2)” as Want to Read:
Luminous (Lucid, #2)

Luminous

(Lucid #2)

It was meant to be a good decision.
Lucy Piper used her dreams to irreversibly change the life of someone she loved. It was a heartbreaking choice, but the right one. Now she’s alone, wading through a life she can no longer remember.

What if you made the wrong choice?
As Lucy bears the full weight of her decision, she discovers her actions have had far-reaching consequences
ebook
Published May 2020 by Wool Street Press

To ask other readers questions about Luminous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luminous

Start your review of Luminous (Lucid, #2)
Danielle's
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
After reading Lucid I was excited to see what the second instalment would bring. I’m so glad it didn’t disappoint. This is a continuous series and book one needs to be read first.

This is the other half of the tale. The world was fixed at the end of Lucid but left us wanting more for the couple. The boy of Lucy’s dreams no longer remembers her and even worse her adventure never happened. The events of life she missed, still happened in the real world and she’s playing catch up. Can she re-adjust
Sarah-Jayne Burgemeister
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting a little over a year to read the sequel, and it didn't disappoint!

As an adult who is married with kids I wonder at times if I should still be reading YA, I question when will I grow up enough that I wont be drawn to the YA genre. Luminous however reminds me of my youth but draws parallels to my 'grown up' life and if authors like Kristy will continue penning amazing stories I'll keep coming back.

Suspense, romance, thrills and tears - Luminous has it all. Grappling with the deci
Bec Cox
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this roller coaster of a story. I found the characters engaging to the point I thought I was going to dream along with them. Unlike other sequels, I think I loved this one even more than the original - is that possible?
S.J. Morgan
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Luminous, by Adelaide writer, Kristy Fairlamb, is the sequel to last year’s YA release, Lucid. In Lucid, we were introduced to Lucy Piper who has the ability to resurrect real-life events in her dreams, and to even change the course of those events. Luminous opens with Lucy dealing with the fallout of the difficult choices she’s been forced to make.

The whole foundation of the plot, about lucid dreaming and Lucy’s special power, is a really intriguing one and Luminous draws its strength from its
K.M. Allan
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great sequel!

I loved book one in this series so I was very eager to see what happened to the characters after the events of the first book. Thankfully Kristy Fairlamb is a brilliant author and I was not disappointed. She took all the unique rules of dreams and changing futures set out in Lucid and built on them to create a sequel that not only surprises but satisfies. It’s definitely a series worth picking up.
Holly Bettcher
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a marvelous conclusion to the drama begun in Lucid. I feel as though I’ve run a full gamut of emotion - agonizing grief, numb acceptance, the thrill of new hope, nail biting suspense... I’m exhausted!

Luminous follows Lucy as she grows in maturity and allows herself to be more open with others, learning that such vulnerability does not make you weaker, but stronger. I have loved following her journey and implore you to read along and join her.

Suspenseful and heart wrenching, Luminous prese
Poppy Nwosu
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to read the second and final book in this wonderful supernatural thriller romance series, and it definitely lived up to my expectations. This book was immersive, moving and exciting, with some unexpected scary stuff thrown in! It's hard to talk about in my review though, as all the things I want to share (and my favourite part of the book) is a huge spoiler for book one. So I will try to be vague!

But basically, we have a girl who sees frightening things in her dreams (and faces
Lyn Steele
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a stunning conclusion to this series. Love, love, loved it ❤ I felt so many of the emotions the characters were going through, nail biting and all. Once again I had to savour this book, and didn't want it to end, to live with the characters in my head just a little longer. Thank you Kristy for your wonderful way with words 💬
Do yourself a favour and grab this book.
Sue Featherstone
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Luminous, the final book in Kristy Fairlamb’s supernatural Aussie-based YA thriller series, is a wonderful, compelling read.
I loved it from beginning to end and, though Fairlamb targets a YA audience, like so many of the best YA novels, Luminous works for an older audience too.
A heart-stopping conclusion. I can't wait to find out what Fairlamb is planning to write next.
D.L. Shepherd
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Luminous and it was the perfect sequel to Lucid...I loved them both equally. As she did in Lucid, the author has a knack for bringing her characters to life, and then giving them free reign to grow and evolve through the course of the story. Her characters are just one of my favorite things about Kristy Fairlamb's novels, although there is so much more to love about them. Add a splash of danger and suspense, mix in a dash of the supernatural, and top it all off with a spr ...more
Shirley Cuypers
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, arc-beta, ebooks
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Kristy Fairlamb!

Luminous
is the second book in the Lucid series and continues the story of Lucy and her friends.

It’s been a while since I read the first book, Lucid, but when I finally remembered everything from the first book, I really enjoyed Luminous. I think that the idea behind this series is so original and interesting and I just had to know how this book was going to end. It was such a good boo
Kat
May 21, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Please note that this book is a part of a duology, and the first book, Lucid, needs to be read first.

If you enjoyed the first book, you'll need to see how it all ends in this packed, emotional conclusion that brings the whole thing together. But, it's not just a typical sequel, but instead expands on the other half of the story.

If the idea of dreams, time, powers, and a hint of romance intrigues you, this series would be a great addition to your shelves.

As I enjoyed the initial story a little
BookyCat
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
In Lucid, we see Lucy struggle with her power which she thinks is more like a curse than a gift. However, as times go and despite all the pain that comes with it, she learns how to handle it and accepts. In Luminous, she is a different Lucy, suffering from another problem. This time she learns the responsibilities and consequences her gift holds it. After the outcomes of the first book, Lucy becomes the only one who remembers everything, so she was to adjust herself.
Of course, there is also the
Amanda Shepherd
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I excitedly awaited the release of this sequel, impatient that I couldn't read it immediately after the first...and I wasn't disappointed! I liked how it picked up the story easily and we were off, turning the pages to find out how this was possibly going to play out. Surely he'd remember ...... Please let him remember!!!
Love Kristy's accessible writing with just the right amount of description to connect with the angst of teenage love. As a teacher, my Middle School girls are attracted to the
Kim
Apr 29, 2020
Poundpuppies
May 11, 2020
Kristy Fairlamb
May 22, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: paperback

• Disappearing Earth
  • Billy Lemonade
  • Small Spaces
  • Viral Lives
  • Black Bayou (The Dark Legacy #1)
  • Haunted Waterways (Dark Legacy #2)
  • Priestess of Storms & Stone (Rogue Ethereal, #5)
  • The Word-Loss Diet
  • How to Quit Your Crush
  • Girls Like Us
  • Poems Worth Saving
  • shot glass confessional
  • Inheritance of Secrets
  • Queen of the Night (This is Shyness, #2)
  • Living on Stolen Land
  • Other People's Houses
Kristy Fairlamb is an Australian author of Young Adult novels with high stakes and heart.
She spends her days drinking coffee and torturing her characters with loads of tension – both love related and the nail biting kind.
Long before her days of writing began she spent half her childhood in a make believe world; daydreaming about growing up, falling in love, and travelling the world.
She’s worked as