Start by marking “The Lost Train” as Want to Read:
The Lost Train

The Lost Train

In late 1944, a train rumbled out of Konigsberg, Germany laden with gold, artifacts and priceless paintings in an attempt to escape the advancing Soviet army. It was never seen again. Seventy-two years later, Will Stattin, a former MP and the son of a famous archaeologist, gets a call for help from a prestigious art collector in Italy. For Will it's a job offer and a ...more
Published February 20th 2020 by Golden Acorn Press

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Train, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Train

Start your review of The Lost Train
Bandit
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, a disclaimer. I dont normally read these sorts of books, I watch them as movies. You know the kind, Jason Bourne, Mission Impossible, Jack Reacher sort of thing where a tough trained ex military dude sets off to solve an international mystery involving high octane action, chases, treasures, evil doers with accents and femme fatales. And yet, this one grabbed me with its premiseIve long been fascinated by the Nazi gold train story. The train bearing looted treasures untold that ...more
Heather Wamboldt
The Lost Train is the first book in the Will Stattin Thriller Series.

This is a fast-paced action-packed story with twists and turns, danger, suspense, and intrigue. The character of Will Stattin is adventurous and realistic and the storyline is well written and kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish.

I loved this thriller and cannot wait for the next one in the series.
I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Doug Yonce
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Super-hero-without-a-cape Will Stattin to the rescue! A thoroughly enjoyable bit of escapism that would leave Indiana Jones totally jealous. Finding a lost train and its artifacts is the purported goal, but entertaining the reader is the real outcome. I received an advanced digital copy from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Booksiren
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The rumors of a train laden with gold hidden somewhere in the aftermath of World War II provides the backdrop for Crossmans gripping, heart-pumping action thriller.

Will Stattin, a former MP and the son of a famous archaeologist, is recruited by a prestigious art collector in Italy to track down a series of nine paintings that reveal the location of the lost train and its legendary wealth. But the hunt for the lost train soon becomes a deadly game, forcing Will to elude various teams of killers
Moomilkcows
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book from start to finish. The story is quick paced but at the same time has rich depth to draw you in and attach yourself to Will Stattin as he delves into the history, the intrigue and the meaningful action around every corner. I'm certainly hoping he has more adventures to come.
Red Ink Book Reviews
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Lost Train Seth Crossman (Will Stattin Thriller Series)

I was provided with an advanced copy of this book by the publisher in order to give an honest review.

The Lost Train is Seth Crossmans debut novel.

This book is the first thriller in a series which has a lot of historical fiction elements. It is a story that follows an American man, Will Stattin, who has recently been dishonourably discharged from the army.

Sadly, like many veterans, he is struggling to find work and his place with
Natalie Painter Freese
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was expecting more Dan Brown with Puzzles and giving chase such as in the Divinci Code but instead, Seth Crossman's book reads more like the Jason Borne Series by Robert Ludlum. Don't get me wrong it was, is, still a great book. We have all had a love of WWII books now for a while but they are mostly targeted towards women. People are also drawn to a hunt, treasure maps, quests. This has Will in the present-day sent to Europe to find the paintings and other treasures on the infamous Nazi train ...more
Heather Bane
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was a fun thriller that grabbed my interest from the beginning. I found the book well written and would recommend reading.

ANDREA DELGADO
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book keeps you entertained and enthralled from the beginning. It is a great book for suspense and mystery lovers

Deborah Stellato
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I started the book this morning and could not put it down. A great treasure hunt over lost property of art and other valuable goods stolen from the Jewish people by the Germans in WW2 hidden away on the Lost Train. A great read! Lots of twists and turns.
susan jane
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked this book, although it was more of an action/adventure ex-military book than i was expecting. The hero, Will, was very likeable and i think he will give us many more adventures. I wanted to read it because of the Lost Train full of treasure stolen by the Nazis. No spoilers here, but it was a fun tale, although i was expecting more of a puzzle with clues to solve.
Paul
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good stuff. This is a fun adventure with good action and mystery, plus interesting characters. It's pretty engaging, and I hope he writes more. Recommended for thriller fans.

I really appreciate the review copy!!
Valerie Martin
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly enjoyable read with twists and turns at every juncture. This book reminded me how much I love historical fiction and the ability to get lost in a story. Will Stattin as tenacious as he is likable. I look forward to more of his adventures.
Amy
Vicki

• A Tracker's Tale
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • Please See Us
  • New World (Surviving the End Book 3)
  • Code Name Hélène
  • Sword of Shadows
  • You Don't Know Me
  • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • The Last Refuge of the Knights Templar: The Ultimate Secret of the Pike Letters
  • The End of the Ocean (Klimakvartetten, #2)
  • Nevermore (Raven Crawford, #2)
  • When We Were Vikings