Start by marking “Down to Fall (Love Happens #5)” as Want to Read:
Down to Fall (Love Happens #5)

Down to Fall

(Love Happens #5)

A lust story. Only meant to be temporary.
A love story. Always meant to be permanent.
A hate story. Never meant to be.
This... is all three.

Nicole
It started in an elevator in California. Our lust story.
You know, the kind you know going in is a bad idea, but... the nagging desire and all. A few drinks in the hotel bar across from our workplace. A few nights in a luxury suite
Kindle Edition
Published March 20th 2020 by Jodi Watters

To ask other readers questions about Down to Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down to Fall

Start your review of Down to Fall (Love Happens #5)
Victoria Weston
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is the first book that I've read by this author and I thought it was awesome. This book is part of the Love Happens series Down to Fall #5. All books in the Love Happens series can be read as a standalone.

Love Happens Series.
Book #1 = Next to Me
BOOK #2 = Wrong then Right
BOOK #3 = True to You
BOOK #4 = Have a Heart
BOOK #5 = Down to Fall

It's been five years since Nicole has been with a man and she was feeling lonely. Until one day in the elevator she sees him, captain hot pants.
Poppy
Kari Hansen
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Five years ago, Nicoles life was forever changed, and she is still healing from the aftermath. From the moment that she meets Grady the chemistry between them is electric and is prepared for a fling but forever is not something she is looking for.

Grady is a member of the special forces who is a great teammate and a good friend. From the moment that he met Nicole it was love at first sight and although he wanted more, he was willing to accept what she could give. Especially since once she
Deekay
Mar 18, 2020 rated it liked it
This is actually a great book with nice plot and storyline, the only problem I have with this is the relationship between the hero and the heroine which I will talk more about it later.

This is basically a contemporary romance mix with some military elements in it which make the whole story more intense. I loved the mystery and the suspense in the story, it kept me guessing about the heros backstory and what does he have to do with the death of the heroines husband. The story is full of suspense
Madonna Blackburn
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting on this one from Jodi Watters with so much anticipation, and boy oh boy, when it landed on my Kindle I was on this baby like white on rice!
Look, Im going to say from the outset that I am a HUGE fan of this author and her writing skill. I have loved every one of her previous books and this new one is no different. I not only loved DtF, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! To the point of saying it is my favourite of them all.
Grady is a man of substance. He is a man of strength. He is a
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Down to Fall by Jodi Watters was ridiculously intense and emotional and left me with all the feels!

Nicole, widowed and left in the spotlight for who her husband was. She cant truly move on and is stuck in an unforgiving limbo. Grady is also stuck in the past and needing forgiveness for what he feels are his sins, knowing that hell never receive it. One event changed them both irrevocably forever. Then a chance meeting in an elevator years later and an instant attraction becomes the start to a
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not only did I come to the Love Happens series late, but also to the talented Jodi Watters, but now it's fixed, and I'm here for more! This story has so much goodness in all kinds of different forms that I really don't want to go into a ton of details about it since it really would take away from the firsthand experience. Nicole & Grady met at work, which led to some super sexy time from the jump. See, she's been lonely, and he's battling his own demons, so it seemed like a good idea, well, ...more
Dawn Yacovetta
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A little lust-filled fun with the Sexy 16, Grady, she's been riding in the elevator to her job on the 19th floor would be a harmless way to blow off some steam and help scratch that itch Nicole has felt since the tragedy that was her adult life began. Except, two weeks isn't enough for either of them. Deeper feelings surface along with secrets that could take them both to a place where they might not be able to get back up.

I fall in love with each of these characters as the author writes them
Dark'NTwistyBooks
I'm sitting her flabbergasted, trying to figure out what to say that will make some coherent sense to you. I am simply blown away by this book.

Once I started reading it I just could not stop. After reading the blurb, I thought I knew what to expect. Boy was I ever wrong. This story has outstanding, three-dimensional characters who take you on the ride of your life. This is one of the most creatively written books I believe I have ever read...and that's saying a lot. It's hot, it's a
Angie
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down. This is one amazing series. Each book better then the last. Super sexy sixteen. These men and their stories will pull you in and keep you flipping pages until you fall asleep reading.
Grady and Nicole meet at work. Though not exactly how she thinks it happens. Grady has been infatuated not just since he'd seen her at work. But when he was in the army with her husband and the missions aftermath.
The push and pull between these two,the truths and half truths, added to the
We Like them Dark Book Blog
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Take everything you suspect about what went on between Grady and Nicole and throw it out the window. I tried to guess, numerous times, but the truth is simple-this authors creativity and heartbreak are unmatched. I absolutely adored their interactions, and how their history was woven together. I loved their genuineness-and this authors ability to make them doing something so simple so intriguing. I couldnt put this book down if I tried-it was the emotional rollercoaster I never knew I wanted.
I
Mary Fazzi
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-read-books
Nicole is a young women living in pain and heart break. Grady knows Nicole from TV and Social Media and news. She makes an offer to Grady for 2 weeks and then they say their goodbyes. Which Grady doesnt want and with all of Nicoles anger and sadness and heartbreak she cant seem to get pass all the hurt. She makes this offer to feel again but not love just to feel again and to relieve some pent up energy. By doing so, Grady has feelings for her and is holding on to a secret that can devastate ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Down to Fall by Jodi Watters is book 5 in the Love Happens Series. This is the story of Grady and Nicole. I haven't yet read the previous books so for me this was a standalone book. Nicole is a widower who lost her husband in the military. It has left her with a guarded heart which leads her to avoid committed relationships but open to quick encounters. I did fee a slight disconnect with Nicole but is hard to judge how someone acts after a lost. Grady has some secrets that he didn't want to ...more
Nicole
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Down to Fall by Jodi Watters is book 5 in the A Love Happens series.
Even though this is book 5 of the series it can be read as a stand-alone,however characters from previous books in the series are featured.
Wow, Grady and Nicole have so much tension and everything is against them from the start. I found the story original and heartfelt. These characters were strong, strong willed and in a hard position for most of the book.
I absolutely adored all the secondary characters as well, special
Leanne Bryson
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jodi Watters always gives us interesting, complex characters that are relatable, likable, and downright huggable. Grady and Nicole's story was compelling and held my attention from start to finish. what was meant to be short, hot, and scratching an itch for Nicole, means so much more for Grady. Both characters were strong and determined and both had baggage to overcome. This book as well as the other books in the Love Happens series are free to read with your KU Subscription and this is ...more
Samantha
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This isn't the first book i've read by Jodi Watters, just like the rest I absolutely loved it.
This is the 5th book in the series but can be read as a standalone.
Down to fall is about Grady and Nicole.
Nicole is a widower who lost her husband in the military. She meets Grady at work, with a guarded heart she only wants two weeks unattached sex. The more hookups the more he falls for her and the more she feels like she betraying her late husband.
It was a page turner that you didn't want to put
Linda Rea
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
How can two people with such big secrets even manage to talk much less have a relationship. Grady has been lusting after Nicole for five years and when he sees her in his building he cant help himself but Nicole wants him for a one night stand and he wants forever. I thought Nicole was rather stubborn but the more you learn about her you can kind of sympathize. You arent sure how it will end but you are routing for them. ...more
Rachael
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Everything you got

Grady has been interested in Nicole from afar.. partly because shes gorgeous and sparks lust and partly out of guilt. He wants everything and she only wants two weeks unattached sex. As they continue their hookups, he finds himself falling and while shes falling she cant help feeling like shes betraying her dead husbands memory. Very emotional and well written story with action, sexy times and sweetness. Loved it.
Sharon
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story was nothing short of amazing. Nicole and Grady are such well created and multidimensional characters and this story drew me in and captivated me.
This author knows how to write a compelling and original story. I have not read the others in this series and was able to follow this story without any issue.
I highly recommend this book that I am volunteering to leave a review for.
Lissanne Jones
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of Jodi Watters and this book did nothing to change that! I inhaled every word and fell in love with Grady Foster. He's a wonderful hero - thoughtful, caring, completely hot and delicious. This book made me swoon and laugh, and is everything I love about romance. Highly recommend this author and this book.
Lauren Hutchinson
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was in a few places a little repetitive but it wasn't a distraction from the story. I enjoyed the storyline and the characters so much. I enjoyed the twists and turns throughout the whole book. It was a very enjoyable story.
Deb Bradley
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book from this author and it definitely will not be my last. You fall in love with these character from the start and ride the highs and lows with them. And they go through some heartbreaking lows. Realistic and relatable this is one for your must read list.
Bookish
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the series and couldn't wait to the next installment. This was totally worth the wait, as always Jodi Watters give us a great story with rich characters. And a glimpse of some favorites. A standalone that you will read in a single sitting.
karen coogan
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Worth the wait

I was waiting for Jodi Watter's next book and got it as soon as it came out. It was a great read; story, characters keep you turning the page for more.
Dawn
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love this series. Nicole and Grady's story is so beautiful. Finding love with each other after such a tragedy. Loved it
Franziska S Eichhorn
Apr 04, 2020

• Fool Me Once
  • Own the Eights
  • Hatemates
  • Defenseless Hearts (Playing for Keeps #2)
  • Beautiful Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy #2)
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • Long Lost
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Brix (A Rebels Havoc, #1)
  • After the Fall (The Fallen Men, #4)
  • Shameless With Him (Less Than, #3)
  • Warrior Blue
  • Sexy Love (Sexy #4)
  • Hate to Love Him (Wild Minds Duet, #2)
  • Bad Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy #1)
  • Intercepted Hearts (Playing for Keeps #1)
  • Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
  • Southern Chance (Southern Series, #1)
My love for steamy romance began when I was in junior high. A friend and I noticed a dumpster of discarded paperbacks behind our local dime store. Covers missing and each book split down the spine, I scanned the pages for any love or lust wordsand curse words, too. From that point on, I scoured the public library and the paperback racks at every store, reading anything labeled romance. I said a ...more

Love Happens (5 books)
  • Next to Me (Love Happens, #1)
  • Wrong then Right  (Love Happens, #2)
  • True to You (Love Happens #3)
  • Have a Heart (Love Happens #4)

News & Interviews