Start by marking “5 More Minutes (Timeless series #1)” as Want to Read:
5 More Minutes (Timeless series #1)

5 More Minutes (Timeless series #1)

We fell in love like stars falling in the sky. Carelessly and quickly. We burned furious and bright despite the different roads life held for us. But we still made promises.

Promises we didnt realize were too big to keep.

Now Im back. Determined to talk her into giving me another chance. I know better this time. No promise will be too big to keep because life only makes

To ask other readers questions about 5 More Minutes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 5 More Minutes

Start your review of 5 More Minutes (Timeless series #1)
Dora Koutsoukou
2,5 ❤❤⭐s

A sweet and placid romantic very SHORT story.
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
It was just meh but... but I give points to the author for writing a loyal hero. I didnt like the reason he broke up with the heroine in the first place but I understand why he thought he was doing the right thing for her.
But really that endearment in Spanish was very weird. Calling her mi niña linda made me feel icky. My beautiful little girl. Because niña is little girl in English.
Elizabeth
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you believe in the forever kind of love than this is the story for you. No matter what happens, no matter where life takes you love will always prevail especially in a Mayra Statham book.
This story is about true love and second chances and its 100% safe.
My only issue (which is very minor) is that I wish the flashback and letter was in a different font or even italic. It blended into the rest of the story and took me a second to realize what I was reading. Overall, this was a great start to
Chantal Baxendale
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm in all honesty not a big fan of novellas as they really have to grab my attention and make me 'experience' the book - which is incredibly hard to do in a short amount of time. This book unfortunately did not suck me in. It plays out over a short period of time and is often written in a second person style. It's sweet in a predictable romance fashion. The storyline is cute if that's your thing. I personally prefer a bit more angst and excitement.
Leslee
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I adore Mayra Statham's books! She gives you the perfect novella each and every time. Her characters are unique and fully drawn. Its like you know them and you have a front row seat to their happy ever after. Nina and Brandon met the summer after high school graduation. It was love at first sight but they had to part. Brandon assured her it was only for four years, that it would be over before she knew it. He lied and broke up with her two years in. Now, she is graduating from college and she ...more
Ga Books LoverX
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Can you meet your soul mate when you are so young and have not experienced much of what life has to offer you? Brandon certainly thinks so. He knows that he let the one get away and now he is ready to fight to get Nina back into his life. This is their story and boy what a story it is!

Mayra Statham delivers a book that is straight to the point and focusing on two people that have been hurt but maybe have a second chance. There is not much angst, but it didn't need it replacing it with real
Jessica Calla
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 MORE MINUTES is a pleasant, second-chance romance about Brandon, recently finished with his commitment to the Marines, and Nina, the new recipient of a college degree. They were each other's first loves, and after high school, found themselves drifting apart due to their life choices. Will Brandon and Nina find their way back to each other after taking their own separate paths?

There isn't much conflict or external plot, but 5 MORE MINUTES manages to be a quiet read, both sweet and sexy, and
Michele McMullen
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
5 More minutes is a second chance at young lost love. Brandon & Nina met a few weeks before each of them were to begin chasing their dreams . Promises were made but the distance soon got in the way. It is now a few years later and two without any form of contact. It is now time to reconnect and Brandon is ready to get a promise and make this happen but has she moved on .
Nina loved lost and felt betrayed by the man she felt was her true love. She is never expecting to have him keep a promise
Yvonne V (Naughty Professora)
Short, sweet, and superb!

5 more minutes is the story of first loves and second chances.

Brandon meets Nina the summer before he heads off to the military, and she goes away to college. The two promise to make it work, but the distance is too difficult for them and Brandon ends their long distance relationship. When he shows up at Nina's college graduation with the hopes of getting her back, and permanently, the two reconnect with each other. Of course, as standard in Mayra Statham books, the
Jenn the Readaholic
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even if youre not a fan of the second chance romance, this one deserves a read. For one, we dont have a guy who went full-on whore after breaking his womans heart. And for another, Brandon is NOT taking no for an answer from Nina. Hes never stopped loving her and now hes back to make sure she knows that...and that she remembers who shes meant to be with forever.

Brandon and Nina and their return to us is a sweet, happy story of just how a second chance can be even sweeter than the first. I cant
Sharing My
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Can't I just have 5 more minutes of Nina and Brandon? They were such a wonderful couple!
Nina didn't believe in love at first sight until she saw Brandon for the first time. There was an instant connection. They always wanted 5 more minutes of time together. They couldn't always have it though. Nina had to go to college and Brandon joined the military. When Brandon returns, they have to decide if they can still can still have a future together, or if too much time had passed and they missed
Nicole Ortiz
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5
Short Sweet and Steamy second chance romance. Brandon and Nina fell in love over the summer after graduation but prior commitments have them going their separate ways. 4 years later Brandon is done with the Marines and Nina has graduated college he is back to win her back and admit he never stopped loving her and he was wrong to end things. Loved every bit of this story and can't wait to read more from this series!

I received an ARC and volunteered to leave a review!
Amber Goodwin
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy second chance romances and this one was great!

Nina and Brandon had a summer full of love when they know Brandon has to report for basic training, their 5 more minutes needs to last.

As time and distance cause heartbreak they move on with their lives.

The time is now right for Brandon to make his move. To fix what broke. Will Nina be open to seeing him?

This was a sweet second chance romance. Look forward to Sam and Macie's story.
Lynne Garlick
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My heart!

Oh. My. Days!! This author is amazeballs at second chance stories and this is no exception! My heart totally melted as Brandon sets in to motion, his plan to get Nina back.
Theirs was a love that was instant, burning brighter than the sun, one that Nina thought could survive anything and then Brandon ends it.
Now he is back, determined to get Nina back, will he have his work cut out or does that love still burn as brightly as it did two years ago?
All the FEELS!!
Lauren Hutchinson
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A short, sweet and addictive read. I was pulled into this story pretty much immediately. The chemistry were very likeable and had amazing chemistry. The story although short had plenty included to keep my interest. I can honestly say that I loved this story from start to finish. I'm looking forward to reading the next one.
Kai
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it
This is another,it's me thing. Safe, neither with others during separation although the h went on three dates with three different guys that all ended in a handshake. He broke up with her 2 years into his deployment, not one call or text within that time. He shows up and poof they get back together within about 24hours.
Carol
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 More Minutes

Love will always win out! Brandon and Nina were so in love but the military and college were obstacles,they were determined they could survive, but could they. Read their amazing journey of heartbreak, and forgiveness. Beautiful story ❤
Jessica
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it
I wanted more of the beginning of the characters story. Felt rushed to me but it was still a good story. I loved the line We could have ended up on completely different chapters of a book after two years.
Michelle McLellan
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nina and Brandons story drew me in from page one. It was sweet and sexy and I loved them both. It was a very fun read and I enjoyed it tremendously. I look forward to Sam and Macies story. Great job Mayra
Mindy
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic book. I loved the characters. They were fun, playful and sexy. I loved the secondary characters as well ( can't wait for the next book about them)I think the story was wonderful and kept me wanting to know what happens next sith their life.
Stefanie Kral
✯✯4 Timeless Stars!!!✯✯

This is the start of Mayra Stathams new Timeless Series and its a cute start.

Nina and Brandon met right before she was starting college and he was starting his career in the military. It was love at first sight. They promised each other it was only four years. They swore theyll be OK and can handle the long distance.

For two years they made it work. Texting, calls and FaceTime. But, when life got in the way they spoke less.

Brandon ended up breaking up with Nina. He
Sarah Green
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read

Fully loaded, second chance. Perfect for a quick read. Sweet, hot and full of love.
I enjoy a quick read, but love a bit more of a back story.
Michelle Mclellan
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nina and Brandon's story drew me in from page 1. It was sweet and sexy and I loved them both. It was a very fun read and I enjoyed it tremendously. I look forward to Sam and Macie's story.
Heather A Bamer
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
All I can say is that I want this kind of love. ❤📚 ...more
Latifa Morrisette
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you love second chance romance, then you will absolutely love this book. 5 More Minutes is book one in the Timeless series and is Nina and Brandon. I loved these two and I can't wait to read more.
Victoria pearce
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mayra Statham is so good a sweet but steamy reads and this is one of her best. I really enjoyed this second chance book and look forward to the next one.
Andrea Britton
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Five Sweet Second Chance Stars!

I love the way that Mayra Statham tells a story. She knows how to grab the reader right from the start. I loved this story.

Brandon and Nina are a couple that you cant but help but root for!

Everything you love in a romance.

Highly recommended.

*I was given a free advanced copy of this book by the author in exchange for my honest and voluntary review.*
Barb
Feb 01, 2020
Dawn Brown
Feb 20, 2020
Margie Mendez
Feb 16, 2020

• Sweet Dreams (Sweet Enough to Eat #4)
  • The Client (LadyBoss Liaisons)
  • Resolution: Double Dare (Resolution Pact)
  • Resolution: First Kiss (Resolution Pact)
  • Unexpected Odds (Unexpected Arrivals #5)
  • Weekend Wife
  • Defenseless Hearts (Playing for Keeps #2)
  • Catch
  • Ride Dirty, Cowboy (Dirty Cowboy, #2)
  • The Perfect Pitch
  • Rock Star, Unbroken  (Tragic Duet, #2)
  • Perilous Trust (Off The Grid: FBI, #1)
  • Single Dad Can't Get Enough (Can't Get Enough #6)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Brinks (Fallen Lords MC #9)
  • Red Rocket: A Hockey Love Story (Vegas Crush, #3)
  • Pizza My Heart (The Way To A Man's Heart #1)
  • Santa Baby: a Carelli Family Christmas Novella

News & Interviews

Well, here we all are, sheltering in place, buying canned beans, and generally trying to figure out how to stay inside and keep our minds busy....