Start by marking “The Jasmine Throne (Burning Kingdoms, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Jasmine Throne (Burning Kingdoms, #1)

The Jasmine Throne

(Burning Kingdoms #1)

Author of Empire of Sand and Realm of Ash Tasha Suri's The Jasmine Throne, beginning a new trilogy set in a world inspired by the history and epics of India, in which a captive princess and a maidservant in possession of forbidden magic become unlikely allies on a dark journey to save their empire from the princess's traitor brother.

Imprisoned by her dictator brother, Mali
Expected publication: June 10th 2021 by Orbit (first published June 8th 2021)

To ask other readers questions about The Jasmine Throne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jasmine Throne

Start your review of The Jasmine Throne (Burning Kingdoms, #1)
chai ♡
"An epic Indian-influenced fantasy novel about vengeful, morally grey lesbians who want to set an empire ablaze."

911, I would like to report a robbery. the victim? my HEART
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
Listen up all, this book is SAPPHIC.

- morally grey vicious lesbians? check
- traitor prince? check
- f/f enemies to lovers? check check CHECK
- evocative Indian folklore? check
- am I in love? helllaaa yes check

[x]

edit: this cover is BEAUTIFUL it gives me so much serotonin omg
Sana
Jan 17, 2020 marked it as to-read-so-bad-it-hurts
What's better than a queer, desi woman in a sari on the cover of an #ownvoices fantasy anyway 💁🏽

----------------------------------------

HERE FOR THE MORALLY GREY LESBIANS (IN LOVE)

Honestly, though a captive princess and her maidservant coming for the princess's traitor brother (and in love). Love to see it
charlotte, (½ of readsrainbow)
i am wrecked & so grateful for it

Rep: Indian inspired characters and setting, lesbian mcs

CWs: homophobia, gore, violence, execution by burning, forced drug use
rachel ☾
... a new trilogy set in a world inspired by the history and epics of India, in which a captive princess and a maidservant in possession of forbidden magic become unlikely allies on a dark journey to save their empire from the princess's traitor brother.

anti-heriones are my weakness and this is sapphic

BlogTrigger Warning DatabaseTwitterInstagram
Nomadic Reader (Baba Yaga)
Love how this adult fantasy book, which isn't even out yet, has already been shelved as YA by several people on Goodreads.
What exactly does a female author have to do in order for her books to be considered adult fantasy, apart from writing under a male or gender-neutral pseudonym?
If you find out, let me know.
jocelyn
tasha suri is bringing us a f/f trilogy next year and i don't know that we're adequately prepared ...more
Fanna
Jul 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2021-releases
October 28, 2020: look at that cover, oh my.

July 02, 2020: YES. I'm sad I discovered this so late but now that I'm here I can't stop imagining how sapphic this is gonna be and I'm all here for it.
Anna Stephens
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was extremely lucky to bag an early draft of The Jasmine Throne, and I can honestly say it's fantastic. Yes, it still needs an edit, but the core of the story is there and it is spectacular. It's everything you love about a Tasha Suri book AND THEN SOME.
Exhilarating worldbuilding and magic systems, genuine threat and moments of horror, colonialism and resistance, monstrous people doing monstrous things for good reasons.
Loved it loved it loved it.
Silvia
Apr 05, 2020 marked it as anticipated-2021
i heard there's lesbians ...more
aarya
Jan 17, 2020 marked it as preorder  ·  review of another edition
Tasha Suri has written two phenomenal books and I am freaking excited to read this, too.
Maëlys
Oct 28, 2020 marked it as to-read
"Indian epic fantasy, morally grey lesbians (in love), reluctant-allies-to-lovers, vicious family dynamics, and monstrous women" we love it here!!!

YoutubeTwitter
theresa
Sep 07, 2020 marked it as unreleased
Shelves: 21-releases, lgbtq, wlw-mc
this has an f/f enemies to lovers romance featuring 'a captive, vengeful princess and a priestess hiding as a maidservant' in an Indian inspired adult high fantasy and I am very excited!! (also they're vicious morally grey lesbians so i am already in love)

the tropes used (from the author's twitter): 'enemies to lovers (well, 'reluctant allies to lovers'), it's all about the yearning™, wet sari scene, secret identities, tragic pasts, ReVENGE, the imperialist patriarchy is bad actually, burn it al
Eren
May 23, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy, adult, 2021
Guys. This book is published by Orbit, an adult publisher. Just because it’s sapphic, just because it’s written by a WoC does not make it YA.
Anna
Jan 08, 2021 marked it as unreleased
I heard that there were lesbians, so here I am.
Salma19 (High Lady of the Dawn Court)
I really like her debut! Looking forward to her future series. 😀✨
ash ♡
Oct 29, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 0-tbr-unreleased
[screams incoherently in why can i not have this book in my hands now]
Lady H
Jan 17, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: tbr-fantasy
TASHA SURI HAS A NEW TRILOGY!!!!
leo | 飛べ
Apr 05, 2020 marked it as to-read
I’m here for the morally grey lesbians. And the Desi epic fantasy. But mostly for the morally grey lesbians.
Adri
Nov 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
This author is an auto-buy! It's always great to find new fave authors :D ...more
GnomeMercy
Oct 29, 2020 marked it as to-read
SAPPHIC INDIAN ENEMIES TO LOVERS HOLY JESUS THIS IS EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER WANTED EVER I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE LIKE RIGHT NOW.
Emily Bowie
Jan 17, 2020 marked it as to-read
I need this book so badly.
Sim
Nov 12, 2020 marked it as 2021-releases
November 12, 2020: I saw the cover today on author's Instagram and I am 😭 All my feelings can be described in these words: "a desi queer woman in sari on the cover!" ...more
devanshi (your resident loud person)
i saw india and said y e s
Rebecca
Tasha Suri has a new trilogy!!!!!!!
camille
Feb 18, 2020 marked it as to-read
OMG THIS SOUNDS AMAZING AND I CAN'T WAIT ...more
☀︎El In Oz☀︎
I am here for a Princess dethroning her evil brother with the help of a secret priestess
Millennium Night
Oct 14, 2020 marked it as to-read
Reads series title: Oh, this sounds so cool!

Reads bold letters. If you hadn't had my attention already, you certain do now at 'captive princess', 'maidservant/priestess with forbidden powers', 'traitor brother', and 'MORALLY GREY LESBIANS'.

Reads synopsis: Ooooooh!! Gimme title!!

Basically, I can't wait to see how this book turns out...
Thushara (Triobookdragons)
Nov 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2021-release
The Book :*Indian inspired epic fantasy with morally grey lesbian characters*

The cover : *A desi badass woman in saree*

Me :

Tyler
May 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
Just finished The Books of Ambha and loved every second of them! I can't wait to get a hold of more Tasha Suri books. I'm buying this the moment it comes out! ...more

• Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1)
  • You're Not Listening: What You're Missing and Why It Matters
  • Torn (A Wicked Trilogy, #2)
  • The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3)
  • Brave (A Wicked Trilogy, #3)
  • Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1)
  • Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #6)
  • Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #2)
  • Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4)
  • The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)
  • The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7)
  • The Getaway (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #12)
  • Hard Luck (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #8)
  • The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #9)
  • Double Down (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #11)
  • Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #10)
  • The Meltdown (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #13)
Tasha Suri was born in the U.K., but toured India during childhood holidays. She is now a librarian in London, and studied English and creative writing at Warwick University.

Burning Kingdoms (3 books)
  • Untitled
  • Untitled

Articles featuring this book

Get ready for some out-of-this-world reading and some insane near-realities with the science fiction and fantasy books that are catching the...