Start by marking “Heritage: A Johnny Hunter Novel” as Want to Read:
Heritage: A Johnny Hunter Novel

Heritage: A Johnny Hunter Novel

Sixteen-year-old Johnny Hunter dreams of earning a basketball scholarship so he can leave the Northern Cheyenne Reservation and go to college, the only way out of the cycle of poverty and depression continuing all around him. As suicide, a drug overdose, and depression tear his team and his tribe apart, Johnny and his grandfather, tribal elder Gray Man, must use their ...more
Expected publication: February 27th 2020 by BHC Press

To ask other readers questions about Heritage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heritage

Start your review of Heritage: A Johnny Hunter Novel
Cat
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
***I was provided with an ARC of this book from BHC Press through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions below are my own.***

What I initially really liked about this book was the concept. As a huge fan of historical fiction and a reader that tries to read as many diverse titles as possible, this book was so exciting to me. While it did not completely live up to what I was hoping for, the book still had some solid merits.

First, the story takes place on the Northern Cheyenne
Sarah Prendergast
Feb 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
Thank you to @bhc.press and @netgalley for the advance reading copy of this Young Adult novel. It’s publishing date is February 28th, 2020. Unfortunately, I didn’t enjoy it. I found the characters to be two-dimensional and the plot line to be totally boring. I teach middle school, and I think it is more suited towards that level as opposed to young adults. It was also coded as historical fiction - but I didn’t really see any historical aspects.

Johnny is a Native American living on a Cree reserve