Start by marking “Fight for This (For This, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fight for This (For This, #1)

Fight for This

(For This #1)

Grey and Si have been dancing around one another for months.
Grey’s helpless attraction to fairies (and one fairy in particular) is a source of endless frustration—but as his energy can damage a fairy’s glamour, he can’t let himself get close.
Si is different to other fairies and he’s wearing down Grey’s defences. When Si discovers the Veil is thinning around the school
Published January 31st 2020 by Stars and Ink Press

To ask other readers questions about Fight for This, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fight for This

Start your review of Fight for This (For This, #1)
Suki Fleet
Jan 17, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Release Day!^^

This one's just a bit of fun (and who thought I'd ever write that about a novel, huh?)^^
Jewel
4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this story! Soul mates and purpose and learning who you really are... Fight for This is my kind of paranormal story with a beautiful HEA. I want more
Renée
.Lili.
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, m-m-pnr
I really liked this, y'all! I'm such a sucker for soul mates, magical beings, pining, UST, and this book had all these. Add in world-building and great character development- this book hooked me from the go, and I can't wait to see what book 2 has in store for us!

4.5 Stars. Highly recommended.
Ariadna
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
I'll begin by saying that Suki Fleet is one of my v., v. few autobuy authors. Their books tend to be amazingly heavy (because Fleet sure likes angsty plots) yet rewarding journeys. So, when I heard that their next book was going to be a low-angst Urban Fantasy one, I was delighted to say the least.

To the surprise of absolutely no one who's read Fleet before, the writing in this book is v. strong. The author has a style that is descriptive without becoming too flowery.

Both Si and Grey are
michaela ⚘
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, m-m, soft, arc, 2020
Suki does it again. Gah, anytime I read anything Suki has written I somehow always fall completely in love with the characters.Fight For This was of course no different.

Grey longs for the one person he cannot have without tainting a part of who they are. He figures a friendship would be better than nothing and he’d still be able to protect him but a night out opens door he didn’t think would ever be open. And, everything changes.

Si has secrets that he’s trying to keep under wraps but one he is
Tess
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Fight for This has got me feeling some kind of way that I’m writing my first review in years.

I really thought I would like (if not love) this story - a beautiful cover, steamy romance, fae and otherworldly creatures, I love some of Suki Fleet’s other books etc. But boy was I wrong.

I think it was around the 40% mark that I started to really notice glaringly issues.

- So much of this story happens off-screen, to the point where you keep checking if there’s a prequel to this book. The romance
Karen Wellsbury
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hovering between 3 and 4 stars .

Maybe because of what I read before this, it didn't really satisfy me in the same way that Suki's writing usually does.
Their style of writing is delicate, and has always worked so well within a contemporary setting - the idea of a story about fairies and glamour and love was very exciting. And as a love story it works very well, the initial misreading of Si by Grey and viceversa was so sweet, and as they had been skirting around each other for a while and they
Joyfully Jay
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

Suki Fleet is one of my favorite authors and I have read many of her books. This book was unlike any of her others for several reasons and it’s tough to say that this really didn’t work for me. I haven’t read any other full paranormal books by Fleet and, while I had the feeling that she knew the world well in which the story took place, it was not translated well to the page.

The attraction that Grey has for Si is seen immediately as the book opens. We know that
Ivy
Feb 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Simon is a kind of fairy who's attracted to Grey his co-worker and a Nomi as far as he knows. Even if Grey didn't know what or who he really is, the two of them seems to want one thing, being together, but the headmaster of the school has other idea against them, and when the veil disappear , Si and Grey will have to understand what really happens if they want to save and protect the Folks in their life.
It was an original story that I liked.
At first i was a little bit lost, I didn't really
Samantha Tucker
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow. That was awesome

I'm not even sure how to describe this book but I'm going to try. It was awesome! It drew me in from the beginning with the lure of mystical creatures and magic. It's unlike any paranormal world I've read before and I think that's what I really liked about it. I enjoyed reading about the different interpretation of fairies, elves and nomes (gnomes) and how they function compared to the typical representation. The plot was interesting and kept me engrossed. I'm excited for
Kaila
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
i wanted this one because of the cover and fae haha.. it was amazing.. omg.. i loved it. lots of paranormal aspects... good characters... good personalities.. fun writing and i cant wait to see what happens in the next book as well.. so good
Joscelyn Smith
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great series opener, Si and Grey were engaging characters and the storyline was wonderfully entertaining. Well-written characters and great world-building made for a very enjoyable read. I'm looking forward to reading more in this series.

*I voluntarily reviewed and ARC of this book*
Leslie
I received an ARC of this to review. I don't read very much fantasy but thought that, given how much I've enjoyed previous books by this author, I would enjoy it.

It's definitely a case of me not the book so I'm declining to review it. I think if you like fantasy and fairy stories though, this might be right up your alley. :)
Molli B.
I love Suki Fleet. For her previous stuff, I average 4.27 stars over 11 works. It goes up to a 4.4 if you ditch the one 3-star review for one of her earliest stories. And I bet a bunch of those 4s are 4.25s and 4.5s. Anyway. Suki Fleet = yes!

But this book. No. No. This was not an enjoyable reading experience. I had to force myself through...at least the last half. Maybe even all of it, since I kept telling myself through the first few chapters, "It'll get better as you get to know the world and
ChaosMoondrawn
I would rate this 3.5 stars

Grey, has a crush on his friend and co-worker named Si. Good thing Si has a crush on Grey right back. But the school they both work at, run by Headmaster Greene, is full of secrets--secrets that could harm or save everyone there. At first the POV switches between Grey and Si, the main couple here, but also grows to include Jaime's POV. They meet Jaime in a nightclub and their fates seem tied together. The cast is further rounded out by Jaime's twin sister Harry, a
Charlotte
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a great new taken on the world of magical beings. As soon as I saw a new book by Suki Fleet, I knew I was going to want to read it. I wasn't disappointed!

Si and Grey both work at the same school. Si is part fairy and can't control his glamour. He's convinced he's lucky to even be allowed at the school because if people knew what he really was...they wouldn't want him around.

Grey, on the other hand, is a Guardian. He spends a lot of time with Si and can't seem to get over the fact that
Cheryl
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for the ARC read, I voluntarily give this book an honest review. Grey had been fighting his feeling for Si from day one. Watching from the sidelines seems to be his thing always there but never there until Si needs him. When the connection pulls them closer together forces push them apart. Something big is coming but what? Can Grey have the happiness he craves is Si his mate? When it comes to seeing the obvious is Grey's blind spot can Si help him see even when his own nature evades ...more
Calila
*Received A Copy To Review From The Author*

This is a high 3/low 4. I enjoyed it but didn't love it. The mystery is interesting and I'm very curious to read the next book, but I still wouldn't say I was completely immersed. I like the characters tho, and I believe the relationship between the mains. And even the build up for I assume the next couple is good. I'm interested and will for sure read the next book.
Celine
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great first book

This was a great story. I really enjoyed the characters, the storyline, the universe that is created here.

I really liked Si and Grey. They are both such conflicted amazing characters, and when they finally came together it was amazing.
The plot itself was great and fit so well with the love story and made so much sense, when things came together.

I can't wait for the next book
Valerie
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The one thing that set this book apart from most of the paranormal romances I read is that although they are "mates" in a sense, Grey and Si find a connection that goes beyond that and realize they need one another to combat something bigger than the two of them. I truly don't want to give anything away, but as I read from Grey's POV how drawn he is to Si, my attention was captured until the end. A great read with lovely characters and a good plot to go along with the romance!
R
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed, fantasy
Grey is a teacher in a special school. He’s been told he’s a guardian, there to protect the magic beings at the school. He’s also been told his type don’t mess with the fairy type in any way. Which is currently making his life hell. He has desperate needs and wants involving a specific fairy.

Si a miserable failure, half fairy and half human. He can’t control his glamour. He really can’t do much of anything, except try to push Grey away and even that is failing miserably. The real issues start
Vicki
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-pnr
Rating : 4.5 stars.

This is a well written, original story about the “others” that live alongside us. The world building is done well and the depth of the main characters makes it easy to connect with them. There’s also some very interesting side characters that move the plot along.
Si is a half fairy/half something else and Grey is a Guardian. They both work at a school for kids who are “other”, whether the kids know it or not.
Both Si and Grey have flaws which makes them really likeable. The
Kathryn Manzella
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fight for This by Suki Fleet is the first book in the For This series. It is a a paranormal story that introduces the reader to a world of magic and fairy glamour. There is drama, mystery, and action... a slow burning romance potention ... definitely chemistry between characters. The characters are great... Grey and Si definitely drew me in and I am fascinated by the story. I can not wait to get wrapped up in more of this series.
The Quille and Lampe
What I Think: Haven’t read any mm romance tales with the High Folk in them so there was no way I was missing this one!
My first real thought was please, please, somebody, anybody, do me a favor and hit Grey. Then hit him again with feeling. Then one more time just because. Now I can see how frustrated people get with me cause I’m so dense and have to be told everything. That does it. I’m removing myself from Grey’s team instantly. Then can someone turn around and smack Si for being such a scaredy
Megan
Wow. There are so many things going on in this story that I don't exactly know where to begin. Two men really want each other's love but can't seem to feel deserving enough to be honest about their feelings and desires. If they can figure out how to get what they truly want, and manage to save the school and country at the same time, they'll have their forever made. But nothing ever comes that easily when power and arrogance stand in the way.

I can definitely get behind the premise of their
Emily Hernandez
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From the very first pages of this story I was hooked, drawn in to this unique world with elves, fairies, and other magical beings. Grey and Si have been friends for months, each secretly longing for more but too caught up in their own insecurities to make a move. Grey is a Nome, a nonmagical entity, whose energy channeling abilities can be damaging to fairies. He has convinced himself that no fairy, especially not Si, would think he's worth a relationship. Si, on the other hand, is a half fairy ...more
Ida Umphers
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've always stayed away from books about fairies. Something about loathing Tinkerbell in the Disney Peter Pan I think, so even when I started reading M/M romances of all kinds, mpreg, shifters, vampires, you name it I avoided fairies. Something about the blurb on this one being set at a school caught my attention, however and I decided to give it a try. Boy am I glad I did! This book drew me in immediately from the first chapter in the way the author handles the world building. Nothing is ...more
Betsy Wilce
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Gorgeous Tale of Supernatural Folk

This is a gorgeous story, written with all the elegant and eloquent style of which Suki Fleet is capable. If you love fairies and other supernatural folk, a sweet, yet passionate MM romance, mysterious events and happenings, great secondary characters, and all written in a vivid and fast-paced narrative, then you will love this story.
Grey and Si, two beautiful beings, work in a rather special school, which Grey suspects may be run and staffed by fairies. He

• Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Candy Hearts (So Over the Holidays, #2)
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • Howling on Hold
  • Second Chance
  • Stay Lucky
  • The Dichotomy of Angels
  • The Edge of the World
  • Sanctuary (Wrecked #1)
  • Before the Call  (Small Town Hearts, #2)
  • The Enchanter's Heart (The Ellwood Chronicles #4)
  • Better Than Beginnings
  • Hold Me Up (Chasing Gold, #1)
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • Forbidden Bond
About the author:
Suki Fleet is an award winning author, a prolific Reader (though less prolific than they'd like), and a lover of angst, romance and unexpected love stories.
They write lyrical stories about memorable characters and believe everyone should have a chance at a happy ending.
Their first novel This is Not a Love Story won Best Gay Debut in the 2014 Rainbow Awards, and was a finalist in