Start by marking “Hurt to Love” as Want to Read:
Hurt to Love

Hurt to Love

After darkness, always comes the light.
The darkness is where I’ve lived ever since they took me all those months ago. Dragging me into the shadows to play their sick and twisted games. I don’t know why they took me. They talk about an eye for an eye, but I don’t know these men. How can I be punished for a sin I know nothing about? A sin I didn’t commit.
They love to watch m
Published March 6th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services Kindle Edition

To ask other readers questions about Hurt to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hurt to Love

Start your review of Hurt to Love
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
hurt-to-love

'HURT TO LOVE:' Is a full length dark romance novel by new to me author Nikki J. Summers. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

Wowza's this was definitely not what I was expecting!! And it definitely kicked my reading slump to the curb!!

This could've been darker than what it was with the subject matter it centered on but it was just enough to keep my dark heart happy, throw in some nail biting times that came at me which had me sitting on the edge of my seat, those I also wasn't expecting!! This w
Dora Koutsoukou
Aug 09, 2020 rated it liked it
3 🖤❤️🤔🌟s

A very light dark romance read.
Paige was kidnapped and abused by two brothers, who wanted to avenge a person from her family.
Cillian never expected to find his forever girl in a sex club. As soon as his eyes were set on Paige, his protective instinct made a full appearance.
Cillian was sexy, firm, kindhearted and caring.
Paige was almost broken but came out strong, a survivor.

It astonished me how effortlessly and fast Paige recovered from her kidnappers’ torture and slept with Cillian
Jasmina Ceha (bbj Bookmarks by Jasmina)
Hurt to Love book truly blew me away with its dark romance and slow burn, complicated relationship between main heroes. Author kept a perfect balance between dark and romantic level in the book. This story is not only dark but also very beautiful, heartbreaking, heart-warming and oh my gosh I was melting over main characters. Nikki J Summers created an amazing story which fulfilled my reader's heart completely and hit that right spot of the dark side of my soul.

I was awaiting for Cillian' story
Kristen Granata
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This authors knows how to deliver a dark, raw, emotional story. Always a roller coaster ride of emotions & suspense! This story is my favorite from Summers so far. Highly recommend.
Lindsey Powell
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First the author gave us Luca & Chloe.
Then we got Jackson & Ryley.
And now we have Cillian & P.

Raw, emotional, intense, suspenseful, and truly satisfying.
The journey that both of these characters go through is inspiring. I dare anyone to say that this story doesn’t pull at their heartstrings.
The author explores the pain and recovery in such detail that the pages will grip you from the very first chapter.

Five stars for another amazing book from Nikki J.
I eagerly await the next...
Victoria Weston
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I've read by this author and it definitely will not be my last. I really enjoyed reading this book and so will you, everyone should read this awesomely written dark romance book.

This book makes your emotions go and down and on a complete roller coaster, it's very raw and a very intense read but the way that this author writes really draws you in and hooks you, I really like this authors writing style and I cant wait to read more from her in the future.

This is Cillian
Natalie Clarke
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my Lord, what can I say about this book other than it is simply fantastic! I read it in one afternoon, which isn't very hard but I was sucked in from the get-go and held on to me until the very end, I found my eyes welling up a few times throughout the book.

Cillian and Wednesday (won't say her real name, you'll have to read it to find out) are just beautiful. The love he has for her is the stuff of fairytales and despite her broken exterior, she is so strong and brave who learns to trust him
M.S.
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been dying to read Cillian’s story and it was even better than my wildest imagination. Gut wrenching, touching, funny, sexy. In short: absolute perfection. Summers has a talent for blending unimaginably horrific situations with brave, bold characters who push their way through in most unexpected ways. The setup of this story was absolutely brilliant, and the breakthrough to Cillian and P’s falling for each other beyond satisfying. But the wild ride doesn’t stop there, as Cillian and P must ...more
Ashlee Rose
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This. Book. Was. EVERYTHING.

Nikki done so amazing with this book. For every dark situation Cillian bought light. I loved Cillian in This Cruel Love and was so excited when Nikki said he was getting his own book.

I felt all the emotion when reading this book. The hurt, the fear and the lust. I adore a book that makes you feel every emotion and Nikki done just that.

I can’t wait to read it again, hands down a firm favourite
Nikki J Summers
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I never know whether it’s frowned upon to 5 star your own book. Ah well. I’ve done it. Gotta show myself some love on here ;)
SheSaidYestoBooks
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I usually avoid dark romance like the plague. They scare me big time!! 😬 I can’t stand assault, violence, rape, trafficking... These are usually elements for a nightmare for me. But I like Nikki J. Summers enough to want to give this one a try and I’m so glad I did!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It’s emotional. Gut wrenching. Raw. And intense.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I was consumed by this story, anxious to see what was in store for P., intrigued by all the suspense and unable to put it down! This book took me on an emotional roll
J.S. Andersson
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait for this book to come out. I loved Cillian from the start... I loved his sense of humour.
This book has captivated me from the very first page.. it is well written, beautiful characters, lots of chemistry, and drama...

Honestly I love this authors work, she creates a whole world that pulls you in and leaves you wanting another book...
booksara
Sep 22, 2020 rated it liked it
hmm I liked it but I had a few troubles with it. It says it’s super dark, but I considered it a very light dark read. It doesn’t dive deep in the dark subjects.

I liked Cill and P, their characters were good and they hooked me. The romance was sweet. The side characters were good, too. At the beginning I noticed they have their own books and this would be considered as the 3rd book of the series. I was worried I’d fcked up reading this first, but no. You really don’t need to read the other ones.
ReadingInPyjamas
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hurt to Love is a standalone romantic suspense novel with a darker tone that will keep you glued to the pages. I love Nikki J. Summers's writing style, it's easy to follow, entertaining and emotional and this story was beautifully presented. I was so excited when I first read the blurb because I wanted so badly Cillian's story and this book did not disappoint.

If you read This Cruel Love, you know a bit about Cillian and his exuberant personality, if not you're in for a treat because this man is
Annie's reading corner
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020

I was in the mood for something dark and twisted, and Hurt to Love looked like a great option. And it was, but it wasn't as dark and twisted as I expected.
I love the characters' dynamic. It was sweet. The protective hero, without being it too much. The heroine strong, despite everything she has been struggling with.
It's really a nice read to forget about the world.
I want to read more of Nikki's books in the future.
Jade
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hurt to love = addictive and impossible to put down

I fell in love with Cillian In This Cruel Love and was so excited to find out he had his own book! If there ever was someone who deserved their own happily ever after it’s definitely Cillian. He’s a fantastically written character with a personality that makes him impossible not to love and laugh out loud at his non-filtered one liners.

The road to said happily ever after was definitely not an easy one. This storyline was addictive and impossibl
A HEA
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A dark, twisted tale of sin and seduction. Filled with angst, torture and hurt the path to love was not an easy one. Having to overcome challenges to gain their love.

EXCERPT

They think they’ll break me.
They think I’m weak.
An eye for an eye they said, but this isn’t my atonement. How can you pay for a sin you never committed? A sin, the depths of which you know nothing about.
When will enough be enough?
For eight long, torturous months, they’ve used every evil, fucked-up trick in their books to ma
Caz May
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart!!!! Absolute perfection!!!!

I absolutely loved (and devoured) this book. I’d loved Cillian from the first time we met him in This Cruel Love and his story didn’t disappoint. I absolutely adore 🥰 him...his sassy, crass but sweet sense of humour and how he loves his girl so hard. He’s caring, loving but all surly and alpha and absolutely knicker melting swoonworthy.
And when he meets his girl in not the nicest of circumstances for her...the way he helps her just melted my heart.
The dar
Ga Books LoverX
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy hotness and dark romance Batman! I have not checked out the previous books by Nikki J. Summers and I am kicking myself that I have not already read Luca and Jackson's books because this Hurt to Love was somehow a great blend of humorous and dark at the same time. HOW does that happen?!? Serious though, those two things do not normally go together, but it was a great mixture and I really enjoyed the way it was delivered.

Cillian is a jokester but his heart runs deep and true and the way he r
Shauna McDonnell
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Unputdownable!

"Take my body, abuse me hour after hour. But with my voice, I hold all the power."

This book had me hooked from the prologue. I even messaged a friend, telling her to stop everything she was doing and pick up this book!

I love Nikki J Summers writing style. It's so easy to read, it flows so well that it's almost poetic.

One question I asked myself throughout this book was: Why haven't I read from this author before?

I can't answer that question, but I will say I will be backpedall
Florence Phillips
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put it down!

Right from the off, I loved the writing, very witty, colourful and confident. I thought I was settling in for a lovely well told romance with just the right amount of steam. But I soon discovered this was an ambitious book, with more depth and psychological development than I expected. The story goes to some very dark places, but the treatment is brave (fearless, even), and sensitive at the same time. All the way through, I felt I was in the hands of an accomplished storytel
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yet again I find myself reading a book and kicking myself that I didn’t read the previous books. Don’t get me wrong this can be read as a standalone. However I get introduced to characters in this book that I now know I want to know more about- Luca and Chloe and Jackson and Ryley.

This is Cillian and Ps story. Their story is everything I was hoping for and more. Just when I thought the story was calming down the author threw a twist at me.

I’m not going to go into the storyline. I will say this
Erin Knuth
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first dark romance. And there is darkness here and, honestly, it's hard to read at times. But there's light, too. Blinding light and lasting love.

Cill, our hero, is a dream. He's both hard and soft at the right times. Paige, our phoenix of a heroine, is easy to root for. Despite the darkness, this contemporary romance brought me joy.

The world-building is superb and the characters, though all of a violent underworld, easy to love. I look forward to reading more by this author!
R.f. Greenwood
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2020
Cheese and rice on a cracker.
Cillian *dreamy sigh*
I feel like I've been in love with him for so long when in reality i only met him a less than a week ago.
He's got that wise crack humour that i love, he's always got a pep in his step and he's an absolute delight to read.
Real life kept getting in the way while reading but when i had to put it down my brain was constantly going over and over wondering what their doing.
I loved the storyline and everything that went into it, it had it's hard parts b
Raksha R
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I LOVED THIS! The minute I started reading this book I couldn't put it down and I finished it in one sitting. So good!

"Let me love you. I just want the chance to love you."

Cillian James has stolen my heart! He was the sweetest most kindest human ever. Bless his soul! The way he was so patient with Wednesday just made my heart melt. And the man was always trying to make her laugh....gotta love him!

This was a oh-so-good slow burn romance and it was worth it. The romance itself wasn't necessari
Pamela
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cillian and P. will break your heart and turn you inside out. Cillian is arrogant, sarcastic and has a good heart. I loved reading about him. P. is a mystery through much of the book. I've really enjoyed reading this story.

Harry
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A different type of dark romance...
Slow burn
And also sweet
QueenOfBooks88
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My first by this author and i wasn't disappointed! Raw and full of emotion i was hooked reading this! Cillian is a funny and strong willed guy, P is a beautiful genuine courageous woman. Fighting to right the wrong in their lives 😊
Looking forward to more by Nikki 😊
Lauren
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cillian ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
This book was great. I got to see a whole other side to Cillian and he was perfect. This book had me laughing and crying. And then I finished it in one sitting.

Cillian goes to a club and gets invited to a private party where he sees ‘Wednesday’ being abused and looking like she wants no part of being there. He tries to help her, but it’s not the time. And let me tell you - that scene ripped my heart out.

Wednesday doesn’t know why these crazy brothers have kidnapped and tortured
Karolina
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I flove it! This is my favorite book by this author. Cillian just got on the list of my favorite heroes. He's cocky, smart, caring, funny and knows when to shut his mouth and just act. Perfect man for Paige. For a woman who has gone through so much that she has closed herself in and words are no longer relevant to her.
If you haven't read this story yet, be sure you've missed out on a lot of emotions.
This book is everything. I'm sure I'll read every book from Nikki.
« previous 1 3 next »
Bargain Basement: $25 Amazon Gift Card 1 8 Feb 21, 2020 03:27PM

• Unwanted
  • Bury Me with Lies (Twin Lies, #2)
  • Chasing the Moon
  • Promise Me
  • Checkmate
  • Kiss Me With Lies (Twin Lies, #1)
  • Back to Delaware
  • Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)
  • Tiers of Joy
  • Box of Hearts (Connor Ranch #1)
  • King of the Tides
  • Something Everlasting (Entwined In You, #3)
  • Losing Control (The Control Duet, #1)
  • Jealousy
  • The Revenge You Seek (Maddison Kings University #1)
  • Princess
  • Distorted Devotion (Devotion #1)

News & Interviews