Start by marking “Hurt to Love” as Want to Read:
Hurt to Love

Hurt to Love

After darkness, always comes the light.
The darkness is where Ive lived ever since they took me all those months ago. Dragging me into the shadows to play their sick and twisted games. I dont know why they took me. They talk about an eye for an eye, but I dont know these men. How can I be punished for a sin I know nothing about? A sin I didnt commit.
They love to watch me
Published March 6th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services Kindle Edition

To ask other readers questions about Hurt to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hurt to Love

Start your review of Hurt to Love
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
hurt-to-love

'HURT TO LOVE:' Is a full length dark romance novel by new to me author Nikki J. Summers. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

Wowza's this was definitely not what I was expecting!! And it definitely kicked my reading slump to the curb!!

This could've been darker than what it was with the subject matter it centered on but it was just enough to keep my dark heart happy, throw in some nail biting times that came at me which had me sitting on the edge of my seat, those I also wasn't expecting!! This
Jasmina Ceha (Bookmarks by Jasmina blog)
Hurt to Love book truly blew me away with its dark romance and slow burn, complicated relationship between main heroes. Author kept a perfect balance between dark and romantic level in the book. This story is not only dark but also very beautiful, heartbreaking, heart-warming and oh my gosh I was melting over main characters. Nikki J Summers created an amazing story which fulfilled my reader's heart completely and hit that right spot of the dark side of my soul.

I was awaiting for Cillian' story
Kristen Granata
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This authors knows how to deliver a dark, raw, emotional story. Always a roller coaster ride of emotions & suspense! This story is my favorite from Summers so far. Highly recommend.
L. Powell
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First the author gave us Luca & Chloe.
Then we got Jackson & Ryley.
And now we have Cillian & P.

Raw, emotional, intense, suspenseful, and truly satisfying.
The journey that both of these characters go through is inspiring. I dare anyone to say that this story doesnt pull at their heartstrings.
The author explores the pain and recovery in such detail that the pages will grip you from the very first chapter.

Five stars for another amazing book from Nikki J.
I eagerly await the next...
Victoria Weston
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I've read by this author and it definitely will not be my last. I really enjoyed reading this book and so will you, everyone should read this awesomely written dark romance book.

This book makes your emotions go and down and on a complete roller coaster, it's very raw and a very intense read but the way that this author writes really draws you in and hooks you, I really like this authors writing style and I cant wait to read more from her in the future.

This is
M.S.
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ive been dying to read Cillians story and it was even better than my wildest imagination. Gut wrenching, touching, funny, sexy. In short: absolute perfection. Summers has a talent for blending unimaginably horrific situations with brave, bold characters who push their way through in most unexpected ways. The setup of this story was absolutely brilliant, and the breakthrough to Cillian and Ps falling for each other beyond satisfying. But the wild ride doesnt stop there, as Cillian and P must ...more
Ashlee Rose
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This. Book. Was. EVERYTHING.

Nikki done so amazing with this book. For every dark situation Cillian bought light. I loved Cillian in This Cruel Love and was so excited when Nikki said he was getting his own book.

I felt all the emotion when reading this book. The hurt, the fear and the lust. I adore a book that makes you feel every emotion and Nikki done just that.

I cant wait to read it again, hands down a firm favourite
SheSaidYestoBooks
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I usually avoid dark romance like the plague. They scare me big time!! 😬 I cant stand assault, violence, rape, trafficking... These are usually elements for a nightmare for me. But I like Nikki J. Summers enough to want to give this one a try and Im so glad I did!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Its emotional. Gut wrenching. Raw. And intense.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I was consumed by this story, anxious to see what was in store for P., intrigued by all the suspense and unable to put it down! This book took me on an emotional roller
J.S. Andersson
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait for this book to come out. I loved Cillian from the start... I loved his sense of humour.
This book has captivated me from the very first page.. it is well written, beautiful characters, lots of chemistry, and drama...

Honestly I love this authors work, she creates a whole world that pulls you in and leaves you wanting another book...
ReadingInPyjamas
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hurt to Love is a standalone romantic suspense novel with a darker tone that will keep you glued to the pages. I love Nikki J. Summers's writing style, it's easy to follow, entertaining and emotional and this story was beautifully presented. I was so excited when I first read the blurb because I wanted so badly Cillian's story and this book did not disappoint.

If you read This Cruel Love, you know a bit about Cillian and his exuberant personality, if not you're in for a treat because this man is
A
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A dark, twisted tale of sin and seduction. Filled with angst, torture and hurt the path to love was not an easy one. Having to overcome challenges to gain their love.

EXCERPT

They think theyll break me.
They think Im weak.
An eye for an eye they said, but this isnt my atonement. How can you pay for a sin you never committed? A sin, the depths of which you know nothing about.
When will enough be enough?
For eight long, torturous months, theyve used every evil, fucked-up trick in their books to make
Ga Books LoverX
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy hotness and dark romance Batman! I have not checked out the previous books by Nikki J. Summers and I am kicking myself that I have not already read Luca and Jackson's books because this Hurt to Love was somehow a great blend of humorous and dark at the same time. HOW does that happen?!? Serious though, those two things do not normally go together, but it was a great mixture and I really enjoyed the way it was delivered.

Cillian is a jokester but his heart runs deep and true and the way he
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yet again I find myself reading a book and kicking myself that I didnt read the previous books. Dont get me wrong this can be read as a standalone. However I get introduced to characters in this book that I now know I want to know more about- Luca and Chloe and Jackson and Ryley.

This is Cillian and Ps story. Their story is everything I was hoping for and more. Just when I thought the story was calming down the author threw a twist at me.

Im not going to go into the storyline. I will say this
R.f. Greenwood
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2020
Cheese and rice on a cracker.
Cillian *dreamy sigh*
I feel like I've been in love with him for so long when in reality i only met him a less than a week ago.
He's got that wise crack humour that i love, he's always got a pep in his step and he's an absolute delight to read.
Real life kept getting in the way while reading but when i had to put it down my brain was constantly going over and over wondering what their doing.
I loved the storyline and everything that went into it, it had it's hard parts
Pamela
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cillian and P. will break your heart and turn you inside out. Cillian is arrogant, sarcastic and has a good heart. I loved reading about him. P. is a mystery through much of the book. I've really enjoyed reading this story.

Harry
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A different type of dark romance...
Slow burn
And also sweet
QueenOfBooks88
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My first by this author and i wasn't disappointed! Raw and full of emotion i was hooked reading this! Cillian is a funny and strong willed guy, P is a beautiful genuine courageous woman. Fighting to right the wrong in their lives 😊
Looking forward to more by Nikki 😊
Puss'N'Books
Mar 06, 2020 rated it liked it
pussnbooks logo
Reviewed by PussnBooks.net

Review by PussnBooks. Reviewing the darkest, most erotic and taboo books we can find. Click HERE for your next disturbingly sexy read.

This was a good story idea and I liked how dark it was but...I just could not get into the characters. In particular Cillian.

I found myself just scanning the pages to find the parts that interested me after about halfway through.

Sorry peeps, this one just wasnt for me.

I may have enjoyed it more if I had read the other two books that
Racy Reader
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well, that was not what I was expecting! Quite honestly, I dont know how to feel about this book. It was an absolute page turner and it sucked me right in.

I will say that if youre looking for a book that allows you to dip your toe into the darkside of romance, this is one for you!

The Story

Cillian is looking for a night of anonymous sex and decides to go to a club that can wet his appetite. But upon arriving, he encounters two notorious thugs who are holding a girl captive. He speaks to the girl
heareads
Overall Rating - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5

Let me love you. I just want the chance to love you.

I am so glad we got Cillians story! Be prepared to fall in love with this alpha hero who will do anything to save his girl from a dark and disturbing future!

The book starts with Cillian visiting Jackson and Riley and I loved being back with them. He gets to thinking that he wants what they have - a forever love.

He later visits a club for his particular wants 😉 and is taken aback when he spots a girl in the corner who can
Anja Dettmann
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars ♥

This book is titled as darkromance but it's not that dark in my eyes.
There are dark elements, yes, like violence. But maybe I have to say 'Thank you!'?
We have P/Wednesday/Paige, the heroine.
She was kidnapped by two psycho brothers and became mute by the time they violently abused her. She was broken, but not defeated. She is a strong character. .
Entering Cillian/Cill, our hero.
I didn't like him that much in the beginning. He loved to make jokes on others and was arrogant and yet you
Michelle1005
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nikki J. Summers is yet another author who became my go to authors if Im looking for story with some dark themes in it. Her newest book Hurt to love was advised to me by one of my dear book friends Jasmina, when she wrote to me Read it, you must read it. So I didnt think too long and signed up this second and omg how much I love it.
I dont always like to read slow burn stories but this time it came in very natural way. And believe me when I say you cant not love Cills quirky character which
The Book Fling
Hurt to love by Nikki J. Summers is one of the best reads that I've had this month, if not this year. I dont know how to describe it without giving away spoilers. The plot was intense, and the characters had so many layers. I enjoyed peeling back each one of them to find out who they truly were.

This intense emotional rollercoaster had me flipping through pages, and staying up late. It pulled at my heart, and I desperately needed a happily ever after. Cillian and P are everything I need in a
Pbiis314
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ASHES INTO BEAUTY ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I read all three books although they are stand alone novels Im happy I read them in sequential order. Luca is definitely the man, Jackson is the depth...his and Rileys love was on point. A true enemies to HEA that made my heart sing. I loved Jacksons honesty and no b.s. style while Riley is truly a ride or die chick...loved it! Yet, I only gave them fours stars because of some moments of silly banter that I could have done without. But Cill and P aka Wednesday this book
Dark'NTwistyBooks
Gut-wrenching, raw and emotional, I ADORED this book! Of course, I like them dark and twisty and dark and twisty this was. I have not read Jackson or Luca's books so finding out about Nikki and Hurt to Love was like getting a fabulous gift wrapped up in bright, shiny paper ~ exciting to open and wonderful to read.

Cillian and 'Wednesday' were the primary characters and both so full of emotion and beautifully described. I loved Cill's sense of humor as it made everything better and the growth
Shanjida Nusrath Ali
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for what feels like ages for this book. I was in love with Luca since the start but now seems like his position is taken by Cillian. I mean what a roller coaster of emotions this story has. First Luca and now this. Absolutely freaking PHENOMENAL!!!

With the twist and turns, the heartbreaking moment and Oh! THE CHEMISTRY!!!
Cillian and P are definitely on my top favorite book couple. It's a slow burn that will make you want more and more from this story. No flaws in this book
Beauty And The Books
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kristen
This book is about a want to be good guy who talks way too much but I honestly loved his sense of humour and the fact that once he saw "Wednesday" all he wanted to do was protect her, keep her save and help her heal from the demons of her past. OMG poor Wednesday she's been through so much, and I mean so much. This book was really emotionally read.
Karen Lovvorn
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
He saw what must be a pile of dirty clothes. And yet, the pike moved, attempting to hide further in the darkness of the club. What have the sick bastard Conti brothers done now. He couldnt walk away from this girl who obviously was not here if her free will. He didnt realize at the time, she was made for him. How to set her free from these animals especially as she could not or would not speak . ...more
winluv g-my
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nikki J. Summers is a new to me author, and she's made my special list of HOLY HELL WHERE HAVE I BEEN?! Hurt to Love was such an amazing read with a ton of twists & turns, that I'm absolutely not inclined to give details away, since the description is so cryptic in itself. These twists were all turned out while the turns were completely twisted up, so I went back & forth between dropping f-bombs & just stunned silence. There's also angst for days, so I was totally hit hard in the ...more
Bargain Basement: $25 Amazon Gift Card 1 7 Feb 21, 2020 03:27PM

• Creole Kingpin (The Magnolia Duet, #1)
  • In Fury Lies Mischief (Midnight Mayhem, #2)
  • The Sinner (Haven Grace Prep, #1)
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • Delinquent Demons (Paranormal Prison)
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • Bullseye: The Monsters Within Duet Book 1
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • Dear Ava
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Mating Theory
  • Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • Runaway Road (Runaway, #1)
  • Awful Curse (Celestial Bodies #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Poison
  • Wicked Saint (Sinners and Saints, #1)

News & Interviews