Start by marking “Just Another Silly Love Song” as Want to Read:
Just Another Silly Love Song

Just Another Silly Love Song

New from the King of Romantic Comedy!

Two rival radio personalities. Lori Martin is a positive and upbeat DJ, known for playing love songs and dedications. Ben Baxter dishes out no-nonsense, in-your-face relationship advice. Total opposites. Never in a million years would they want to work together.

Fired for losing her cool after her boyfriend breaks up with her on the air,
Published April 29th 2020

Start your review of Just Another Silly Love Song
Dash fan
5☆ Highly Entertaining, Fun, Laugh out Loud, Uplifting Rom Com! A little Piece of Escapism!

Just Another Silly Love Song is a laugh out loud, witty Rom Com full of flirty banter, and a love/hate relationship!

Lori is a really good DJ for the love spot on the night time radio station.
Well she was until her boyfriend Zachary gets her the sack.... when he decided to publicly humiliate her, by dumping her live on air!

Ben is also a DJ on a rival station running the morning love spot, but he is more of
Shalini
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
SIMPLY DELIGHTFUL AND PERFECT.

The book and its brilliant author Rich Amooi were the best antidote to the stresses of the mind. The world created by his characters encapsulated me completely, where the volley of their words sparkled with fun and enthusiasm. Something that I needed so much.

Lori lost her job due to a breakup on air, and Ben didn’t have many female followers on his show. Ben’s producers got the two of them together, and sparks flew. There was chemistry and sarcasm and all the differ
Finitha Jose
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, review-copy
Why did I never consider reading this author before? Hmm, I know. . . I was being an idiot. Sigh! Well, I am on the path of redemption now by adding this book to my favourite rom-com shelf. Rich Amooi, you have got yourself a new fangirl.
What I love most about rom-com is the witty banter and in that sense, reading this novel was hitting the jackpot. Set in a radio station with my favourite enemies to lovers trope, there is not a single page without sassy dialogues. It was like eating ice cream
ItaPixie
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Lori and Ben are two radio DJs, they both have a famous and popular show. The first presents the Night Show giving romantic tips and love songs dedications, the latter hosts the Morning Show giving straight to the point, sometimes even harsh, relationship advices.

Lori accepts a new job soon after she got dumped on air by her boyfriend and fired in the same aweful night, but she is not too excited when she finds out she will co-host the morning show with her nemesis, Ben.

They are complete oppo

Elaine
If you're looking for a book to put a smile on your face and have you giggling throughout reading it, look no further - grab yourself a copy of this hilarious book! This is a lovely, highly entertaining romantic comedy that starts with two folks wanting the same car parking space and ends up with two proposals!!

Lori Martin is a radio DJ, working the night shift and sharing love songs and dedications until her boyfriend breaks up with her on air and ends up getting her sacked.....

Dr Ben Baxter is
Zoé-lee O'farrell
You are reading it here first! This officially is my new favourite Rich Amooi book! Five Minutes Late will also be very special to me and being the super fan I am and having read all of his books now it was not an easy decision to make. Ok who am I kidding, it was way easy. From the get-go I was hooked on Ben and Lori, I loved them from the start, I smiled, I laughed and I loved with them.

Lori is a DJ, working the evening love zone shift, my personal favourite on a Saturday night when I was grow
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really needed something that would make me smile right now and just another silly love song did just that! Genuinely people kept asking me what I was grinning at while I was reading it.

Lori is a late night radio show host who plays love songs and dedications, dishing out positivity but she finds herself in quite a pickle after she’s not only dumped on air but loses her job in the same night!

In desperate need of a job, she takes the only one available opposite the no-nonsense and brash Ben Baxt
Kaity B
4 stars

This was a cute clean rom com, and I loved it! It has been a while since I have read just a romance book where the dirtiest thing they have done is kiss....but that didn't take away from the book, this was mainly focused on their relationship and I really enjoyed this.

Lori and Ben's banter was great at the beginning I loved their back and forth and then when they started to develop feelings, it didn't change their banter which I loved.

I also really loved the radio station part of it and
Rachel Gilbey
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't stop smiling, smirking and giggling the whole way through this book.

If you are already a Rich Amooi fan, what are you doing here, this is him at his best, just buy and read it already.

On the other hand if you have never read the author before, well here are some more thoughts....

The chemistry and banter between Ben and Lori is off the charts for two people who are doing their best to hate and antagonise each other.

The dialogue is fabulous and what catapults this book into the ideal w
Carla Johnson-Hicks
I can't believe that I had never heard of Rich Amooi until this past November. I absolutely love the books I have read of his and this one was amazing. He is definitely the king of rom-com.

Lori Martin is a wonderful DJ, in fact her show is #1 in the night time slot.She has a love song, dedication show where women call in with problems, concerns or questions about love, then after Lori helps them out, she dedicates a love song to them. All is going well until boyfriend Zachary dumps her on the a
Lisa Mandina
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once again I adored a book by Rich Amooi. At my age, in my 40s, it is really hard to find books about women who have never been married or men who have never been married. So a book like this is just perfect for me, especially when it doesn’t necessarily make a big deal out of the age thing. Because for me, this is my life, and I like to read about people who I feel are similar to me, and with romance books, I want someone with a similar romantic life to me sometimes. Quite often that means I’m ...more
Caitlyn Lynch
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another delightful rom-com from Rich Amooi, Just Another Silly Love Song is based on one of the most fun of tropes - Enemies to Lovers. While Lori and Ben both have similar roles in the world of radio - on-air presenters who dish out relationship advice - they have very different philosophies and approaches. Losing her job when her boyfriend dumps her on air and insults a major advertiser in the process, Lori doesn’t have too many options when she’s offered a job as Ben’s co-host on his Tough Lo ...more
Yvonne
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rom-com
If you are feeling down, the world is getting a bit too much, you want to escape from real-life for 2-3 hours and you are looking for a feel-good, pick-me-up read then look no further than Rich Amooi. His book is the perfect remedy for putting a smile on your face and have you giggling. Just Another Silly Love Song is his latest book and it had me chuckling so many times.

This is about two rival radio talk show hosts. Lori hosts a late-night show and gives sensible advice to women about their rel
Donna Maguire

I really, really enjoyed this book!!

I have to say that I love books by this author and always jump at the chance of getting my hands on his latest releases – and this one was just as good as I hoped!!

I thought that the story was well developed, it was set at the perfect pace for the story and I loved his writing style, the book had a real genuine feel to it and it had me giggling and laughing out loud so it was the perfect read for me whilst we are shut aw
Nicki
This was great fun and exactly what I needed as my reading has slowed down and my concentration is all over the place again.

I do enjoy contemporary fiction and I love a bit of romantic fiction too, but I must confess that I’m not keen on animated book covers. If I hadn’t read rave reviews for this book recently there is no way I would’ve requested this for review purposes. I know I’m a cover snob but I can’t help it! 😂

Anyway as I mentioned above this was the right book at the right time for me a
Zena
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story is just what I needed and wanted in today's crazy world. It held my attention totally and made me feel happy, so what more could I ask for?
There are so many really witty and zany moments that one can't help but keep on reading till the end, and what a beautiful ending it was!
The title may say "Just Another Silly Love Song" but the story is a definite "Number One Hit"!
Can you tell that I loved it?
I read an Advance Reader Copy (ARC) of the ebook and my voluntary review is honest and unb
Janet Graham
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very Cute and Clean Comedic Romance
This book made me smile from beginning to end. While the ending is never in question, the journey to get there was a hoot. This is a fun, witty and feel-good story with exactly the ending you would expect. I received this ARC book for free from Booksprouts and this is my honest review.
Louise Pledge
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my! TEN STARS, please! This could be called "just another silly love novel", but it was more like hilarious! The dialogue was way beyond entertaining, and I lost it when he introduced Bob Barker! And this was after Winnie the Poodle and two friends, whose great names I wish I could remember. Do not pass up reading this book. And, please, write a little faster, Rich Amooi! ...more
Lloyd Russell
You all know that I'm a big fan of Rich Amooi's romantic comedies. And I'm not alone. Right now Rich is in the process of possibly having his last novel, It's Not PMS, It's You, being considered for a movie! How cool is that? But I digress. His latest is Just Another Silly Love Song. I absolutely believe that this is his best one. Here's the blurb:

Gmr
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Alright guys and gals, this one is definitely for the both of you and it will keep you flicking pages long into the night.

I could see a lot of this one coming a mile away, but you know what? It didn't make a bit of difference. It got me...right here...and all the feels, all the laughs, all the oh-my-word-you-did-not-just-say-that moments, and the final BANG, were truly worth tuning in for. On one line, you have Lori Martin, former nighttime radio show goddess otherwise known as THE person to hel
Emma Barnes
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I honestly have no idea where to start when it comes to this book. So going to start at literally the front cover, why because I love the cover on this book. It's gives you an animated feel which goes hand in had with the comedy that this book brings. As you read this book you get drawn in to not only the story but also the funny side. This book starts you off in Ben's point of view and had me laughing from Chapter 1.
The book focuses on Ben and Lori, who have chemistry from the first time they m
Hannah
May 20, 2020 marked it as dnf
Shelves: kindle
I’ve been on a little chick-lit trip lately and Just Another Silly Love Song was supposed to be a fun read, but I just couldn’t get into this story.

Lori and Ben are both radio show hosts, who are now forced to work as co-hosts together. They can’t stand each other and are supposed to have this cute banter thing going on, but I didn’t care for their relationship. The conversation seemed forced and I was so bored by the story. I had no desire to keep reading and finally called it quits at 37%.
Marcia Rovins
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Rich is such a good writer and I was so happy to be in his world and out of mine for a while. His characters are so real and well rounded. They made me laugh and even tear up. Plus, this book had some of the best dog names ever!
Wioletta
WOW. AWESOME. FUNNY.
From first page to the last, this book is amazing. Story is sweet and funny.
Lori and Ben are wonderful.
Then, we have, Lori's grandmother and Ben's grandfather.
This book is something to read now: it kept me laughing so much.
Thank you Mr. Amooi for this wonderful story.
Pj Ausdenmore
I'm not sure I stopped smiling during this entire book. In fact, I'm still smiling just thinking about it. That's the magic of Rich Amooi's writing. His characters, typically with some adult life experience (Lori and Ben are both 40), speak to me. His impeccable banter and comedic timing entertain me. Add in a satisfying depth of emotion, vibrant secondary characters (I adore Grandpa Wayne and Grandma Joyce!), realistic situations, and a hero and heroine who I can not only root for but want to b ...more
Ruth
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of this author for a while. This ranks right up there with his best work. The author has a knack for witty banter between characters, and for snappy pacing. Not a dull moment in the book. Just read it - you'll thank me later ;) ...more
Sharon
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Don’t ever let someone tell you a man can’t write romance. I have my favorite stash and Rich Amooi tops them all. I read my first Rich Amooi book, There’s Something About a Cowboy, two years ago and I became an instant fan. His hilarious and romantic situations and wordplay have become his hallmark and have won over this reader.

Lori Martin’s day has gone from bad to worse. It started over an ideal parking space that is being partially blocked by a rude and arrogant man, then her boyfriend calls
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
Zoe (my book soul mate) from over at Zooloo's Book Diary and Rachel Gilbey, who organised this tour have both been nudging me towards a Rich Amooi novel for ages so when this tour came up I felt it was time I read one.  And now, I'm deeply disappointed......in myself.  Why have I not made more effort to read this author before now.  On the plus side, I have a glorious 14 more Amooi books to go and discover.

Just Another Silly Love Song is such a fun, light hearted and uplifting read that is guara
Fran
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rom-com
This is the third book I've read by Rich Amooi and IMO they can't be beat for no-brainer escapism. I love that his characters are in their 40s. It's fresh and real and long overdue to see a mature couple in a romance story. For that matter the couple in their 80s is just as cute.

Lori is the radio personality who sees life and relationships through rose colored glasses. Rather than dole out advice to her distressed callers, more often than not she provides a shoulder to cry on and a dedicated son
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• I Hate You. Marry Me!
  • The Plus One Pact
  • Hush
  • My Year of Saying No
  • At Your Service (In Service #1)
  • My Great Ex-Scape
  • The Last Bathing Beauty
  • The Way I Heard It
  • Upstaged  (Imprints #3)
  • #No Filter
  • Shades of Gray, An Autumn Rain Novel (Autumn Rain, #2)
  • The Cruise Ship Lost My Daughter
  • Hidden Cove (Solace Island #3)
  • Dating Mr. Darcy (Love Manor, #1)
  • The Dream (The Creek Water Series, #4)
  • Thirty-Four Going on Bride (Spinster #3)
  • Honeymoon For One
  • Touch of Rain (Imprints #1)
Rich Amooi is a Taleflick Discovery Winner, Readers' Favorite Gold Medal Recipient, Holt Medallion Finalist, and the Amazon Bestselling author of 15 romantic comedies, including It's Not PMS, It's You, Dying to Meet You, There's Something About a Cowboy, and Madam Love, Actually.

A former radio personality and wedding DJ, Rich now writes romantic comedies full-time in San Diego, California, and is