Start by marking “The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea (Embraced by Magic, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea (Embraced by Magic, #2)

The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea

(Embraced by Magic #2)

Four sisters have become queens, rulers of all that Aerthlan's two moons embrace. The last sister will forge her own path . . .

Signs and Seals

Raised on the magic-seeped Isle of Moon, Maeve is used to unusual powers--and the way they fuel the politics of her world. But when she discovers an ability to shape-shift at will, she knows who she wants to share it with first.
Published August 25th 2020 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea, please sign up.
Wendy Actually it is part of a bigger series, the Embraced: https://www.goodreads.com/series/1803....

So, How to Love your Elf is part 4 and this one is part…more

So, How to Love your Elf is part 4 and this one is part 5. For the full experience I would recommend that you read all the books. This last one has the epic ending and it would be a shame as you miss out on the rest of the sisters!(less)

Start your review of The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea (Embraced by Magic, #2)
Jilly
Wait, was all of the series this dumb? Did I somehow miss that in the first few books? I mean, humor, okay, I could handle some stupidity for laughs, but this? No. Just no.
Seriously, if I wanted to learn more about emotionally-stunted, intellectually-challenged 20-year olds I would have watched more of the Kardashiasses. You know, more than my zero times of ever watching it.

Huh, so I've been missing this kinda thing? Maybe I need to reevaluate my stance.

This book is the final culmination in a lo
Madison Warner Fairbanks
The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea by Kerrelyn Sparks

The 5th and final book in the Embraced series. Sweeping Fantasy romance. You definitely want to read the other books first to avoid spoilers.

Maeve is the youngest of the girls raised on the Isle of Mist. Her four adopted sisters are all Queens of their respective lands (which we found out in each of the prior 4 books) and married to their predicted loves. Maeve is feeling a bit at loose ends. With her sisters busy with children and duties, Maeve
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea is the final book in The Embraced series by Kerrelyn Sparks. This one features the youngest sister, Maeve and our spy, Brody. This is a bittersweet end for me, but what a sweet and mystical journey it has been.

I’ve loved almost all the books in The Embraced series. They have captured me with their magic and exploits. I have to point out the cover for The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea. I love it! It’s perfect for Maeve’s book. I’m also thrilled to finally be getting
Mei
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I don't know... maybe this was not the right moment to read this book...

I skimmed because I was annoyed with almost every action and thought our MCs had...

It was soo juvenile and idiot that I wanted to screem and was rolling my eyes almost constantly!

I give this 2 stars just because the Embraced story is finished and I don't have to read another book like this!
Stacey is Sassy
I want to be Embraced

There is something exhilarating about coming to the end of a book or series and knowing that everything has come together perfectly. While it did take me a wee while to get sucked into The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea, once things started to happen, I couldn’t stop. I even downloaded it to my phone to get a little sneaky reading in here and there. So much sneakier than dragging around my big and cumbersome Kindle. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Kindle but it’s definitely my ‘
Claire Robinson
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "The pen is mightier than the sword…" Stars!

The Embraced / Embraced by Magic series is how I discovered Kerrelyn Sparks and having read and loved all five books I know that this is an author I’ll be looking to read more from in the future. All books have been heavy on story, world-building and character development and each one was an absolute pleasure to read.

"Finally. After all these years, we will have justice…"

You need to have read the previous four books from the series to understand ev
Mackenzie
*ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review*

Overall this is a very light beach read. Nothing heavy really gave me nods of the light paranormal romances that were popular in the early 2000’s. I liked the plot overall and the embraced magic system. The world was intriguing.

I really wanted to love the book because the blurb grabbed my attention. However the character development and the dialogue was not done well. The dialogue was stilted and didn’t flow well. While it pushed the
Kirsty Hendry
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Netgalley for the eARC.

The siren and the deep blue sea is the 5th book in the Embraced series. Maeves sisters are now all queens in their own countries leaving only Maeve unmarried. She has plenty of potential suitors but the man she wants has been missing for two months and rumors of an embraced army have surfaced.

The book focuses on Maeves journey to find Brody and the location of the embraced army.

I really enjoyed this book. I fact i couldnt put it down and finished it in one night!
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I enjoyed this book quite a bit. I have enjoyed this series from the very beginning and I was really excited to finally read Brody's story. This is the final book in the series and I would recommend reading the series in order if at all possible. It was really easy to slip back into this world and fun to check in with some much-loved characters. I am so glad that I was finally able to work this book into my schedule.

Each book in thi
Layna Snow
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great end to the sister's stories!

I wondered how Maeve's story would go. Her sisters were all queens of countries, and that left her out of things. She was the baby, and hated that they treated her that way. What was worse, Brody, the person who she felt closest with, was missing! And no one seemed to worry!

Determined to figure out things on her own, and find the man that she loved, Maeve ventures out on her own. Maybe if she can figure out where the Embraced army is she'd find Brody. But
1-Click Addict Support Group
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic end to the series!

Oh, I didn’t want to read Maeve’s story. I knew this would be the end of the series and I loved this fantasy world so much! But, I also couldn’t wait for Brody’s story to finally be told – it was a long time coming! – and he and Maeve were magic together…

Which worked out pretty good considering this fantasy world was full to the brim of all things out of this world. Sea witches, Seers, children – and armies – with magical powers. The came together for one final battle
Questian
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-books
The last book if the series, and i am sad that it had to end. So beautify written and so entertaining .

What ever books Ms. Sparks would write. I will diligently wait for it.
Marielle Authier
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Expected publication: August 25th 2020
Ann Lorz
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: http://www.romancingthereaders.com/20...

I think for most of us this book is a long time coming. Most of us who have enjoyed this series couldn't wait for Brody's story. Oh, and Maeve's story too. What can I say, Brody, stood out to me as a more interesting character. Not that I don't like Maeve because I do, she just didn't stand out like he did. And really that's a good thing. Makes the story more interesting because you want to know more about Brody and
Lover of Romance
What an incredible book this turned out to be!!! I just adored it in every way. A epic finale to love and adore!!!

Full review to come closer to publishing date
Carvanz
What a wonderful conclusion to the series! I’ve been waiting for Brody’s story since book 1 and it was everything I had hoped for!

Baby Seals – tHiNk TwIcE

This was filled with action and adventure as Maeve and Brody work together to bring the Circle of Five to an end. There were so many twists as secrets are revealed, things I never saw coming. Add in the addition of a new trick for Brody and I couldn’t stop reading.

description

While this was certainly laced with drama, it still had the romance that I’ve come to expect as well as
Marta Cox
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Finally we get to know more about Brody , a man cursed to only be in his own body for two hours a day. No one knows who he really is and he’s absolutely kept to himself the knowledge that like the evil Chameleon he can assume the form of humans too ! No to most Brody is just a cute and dare I say pretty dog who makes the perfect spy.
Maeve doesn’t want to sit on the sidelines anymore and she’s desperate to locate her missing friend Brody. She doesn’t care what the Circle of Five are plotting beca
Mary Eve
Embraced Series

First things first, I love fantastical mermaid and siren stories. If a story revolves around either, count me in! I happily won this in a Goodreads giveaway and couldn't wait to begin. While this is a series, I don't think it's necessary to read in order. I dunno. I read a recent review from a dissatisfied reader who informs me that this is the fifth book in the series - not the second. I'm not so sure I could handle five of these stories. I don't find HOW TO LOVE YOUR ELF an enti
Julie - One Book More
The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea is the final story in the Embraced series. The story centers around Maeve, a selkie and the youngest of the Embraced sisters. Brody has missed their monthly swim twice, which has never happened before, and Maeve is certain something is wrong. When she hears that Brody is investigating a terrifying rumor that the Circle of Five has amassed an Embraced army to take over all of the kingdoms, Maeve determines to find him.

Maeve knows this search will be difficult. Beca
Lyn
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it

When two months go by without word from the shape-shifter spy, Brody, no one seems perturbed—except for Maeve, the youngest of the five embraced sisters who always had a special bond with him. Maeve goes in search of him, unaware that this course of action will lead Brody and her into a world of peril and painful secrets.

Side-note – Although this appears to be book 2 in a new series, it’s actually a continuation of the series before it called, Embraced. But all the books in these two series can
Permanently_Booked
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways-arcs
YES! This! I cannot explain how much I loved the Embraced Series. This is the final book and it is everything I wanted it to be. Humorous, sultry, action packed and graceful closure. I’ve seen some reader’s claim books or series as their guilty pleasure reads and this is hands down mine.

Maeve is the last of the five orphaned sisters to find love and have the telling stones speak true. This is her story and the finale to hunting down the Circle of Five and the Embraced Army. The magic system is
Micky Cox
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal romance done well! Outstanding series overall, but this book is definitely the topper on the cake! We've finally gotten to Brody/Maeve's story and it is a page turner that will keep you up and excited well into the night! Even better the entire series is on audio which also enhances the story by helping the very well developed characters come to life. I have to say the best thing to happen to me in 2020 was Kensington Books sending me one of the books from this series as a prize! As m ...more
Jenn
An amazing end to a fun fantasy romance series! Finally, the last of the embraced sisters of the Isle of Moon gets her happily ever after.... and it's with Brody! *sigh* I've been wanting Brody to get his happily ever after too. How awesome that Maeve and Brody get together. Yay! (no spoilers here, if you read the blurb, you figure it out.)

Finally, finally, finally we get the conclusion of the Embraced/Embraced by Magic series. So much happens here. We get the deets on the remaining circle of 5
Maranda
Huge fan of everything Sparks writes but especially the Embraced novels. This world is filled with an in-depth world of secrets and wonderfully unique powers. Siren and the Deep Blue Sea is the long awaited story of Maeve and Brody. I cannot get into the details of this drama it can only be savored by reading yourself. Would suggest starting this series from the beginning as many adventures and characters are brought to life on those pages. "A copy of this book was provided by Kensington Books v ...more
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Maeve is the youngest unmarried sister of five Embraced women on the Isle of Moon.  All of them grew up in a convent as sisters but are not blood related as we find out Maeve's parentage in this book.

All of her sister's had Embraced gifts and were married to Kings on different islands.  [I have not read the other books and didn't feel lost due to this, which is great. But I also want to hear the other couples love stories now so will have to add them to my TBR]

She starts her story being worried
Tracy Emro
Maeve is the youngest of the “Embraced” sisters and after years of seeing her older sisters find love. become wives, mothers and Queens, it is finally Maeve’s turn for a HEA. I loved Maeve and Brody’s story, which is a well written, action packed, exciting read, but there is just no way to review the plot of this book without ruining the enormous twists, turns and surprises – but suffice it to say, the Embraced series concludes with an epic bang!

The reader will learn who the started the Circle o
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Maeve is the youngest unmarried sister of five Embraced women on the Isle of Moon.  All of them grew up in a convent as sister but are not blood related as we find out Maeve's parentage in this book. All of her sister's had Embraced gifts and were married to Kings on different islands.  [I have not read the other books and didn't feel lost due to this which is great. But I also want to hear the other couples love stories now so will have to add them to my TBR]She starts her story being worried a ...more
LAB☺
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, arc
(ARC provided by NetGalley)

This was a fantastic finish to this magical series. There was less humor and a slightly more serious story this time around, but the pace kept me engaged from beginning to end. Brody and Maeve were a great couple, each showing their courage and devotion to each other, and their bravery to stand up to the remaining members of the Circle of Five. I loved that we saw perspectives and side stories from other characters to bring the story together. The ending was fantastic,
Sana Zameer
I've loved this series from the very first book How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days and am feeling sad reading the final book of this fantastic series as it comes to an amazing end.
The last is about Maeve and Brody and nicely ties up the series with all the other secondary characters making cameo. The five orphan sisters have come a long way and I've very much enjoyed their journey. I wish there was more stories to be told and hope that Kerrelyn Sparks would some day return to this fantastic worl
Carla Derrick
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This whole series has been amazing and just as great as Kerrelyn Sparks Love at Stake series. From the first book to the last I have become engrossed from the first page. Every single book has been a four to five star rating and this one is most definitely one of my favorites in the series.

Maeve and Brody have stepped around each from years. Their chemistry has been potent from the beginning and it was a enjoy to see them come together at last.
Brody has lived a hard life since the age of ten.

• Immortal Angel (Argeneau, #31)
  • The Princess Knight (The Scarred Earth Saga, #2)
  • Joy to the Wolves
  • Shades of Darkness (Guardians of Eternity #16)
  • Bane's Choice (Vampire Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Enchant the Night
  • Shadow of the Fox (Shadow of the Fox, #1)
  • Dark Song (Dark #30)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • A Highlander Is Coming to Town (Highland, Georgia, #3)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Guardian's Grace (Dark Protectors, #12)
  • The Queen of All that Dies (The Fallen World, #1)
  • Zoe's Workshop (Guild Hunter, #6.5)
  • Knives and Sheaths (Guild Hunter, #5.5)
  • Weapons Training (Guild Hunter, #2.5)
  • The Blood King (Inferno Rising, #2)
  • Leopard's Rage (Leopard People #12)
Kerrelyn Sparks apparently has issues with reality. After writing more than a dozen books about vampires, she has now completely gone off the deep end and wound up on another planet. But how thrilling that she can share this magical new world with her readers! Although she is best known (so far) for the Love at Stake series, which has hit as high as number 5 on the New York Times list and 22 on th ...more

Embraced by Magic (2 books)
  • How to Love Your Elf (Embraced by Magic #1; The Embraced, #4)