Start by marking “Of Blood and Honor (WarCraft, #0)” as Want to Read:
Of Blood and Honor (WarCraft, #0)

Of Blood and Honor

(WarCraft #0.5)

Published December 1st 2000 by World Wrestling Entertainment

Start your review of Of Blood and Honor (WarCraft, #0)
Ahmad Sharabiani
Of Blood and Honor (WarCraft #0.5), Chris Metzen

The world of Azeroth teemed with Elves and Dwarves walking among tribes of man in harmony. Now comes the demonic army known as the Burning Legion. Orcs, Dragons, Goblins, and Trolls all vie for supremacy over the scattered, warring kingdoms -- part of a scheme that will determine the fate of the world of Warcraft. The noble Paladin, Tirion Fordring, must decide who are the men, and who the monsters.

تاریخ نخستین خوانش: روز دهم ماه نوامبر سال 2010 می
Markus
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warcraft, fantasy, 2015
The days of war against the Horde are over. Relative peace now reigns throughout Azeroth. It is in this time that we meet Tirion Fordring, a renowned paladin of the Order of the Silver Hand. While out in the woods one day, Tirion suddenly faces a deadly challenge, and a bond of friendship that will turn his existence upside down.

Written by the creator of the Warcraft universe himself, Of Blood and Honor is a mediocre, but enjoyable addition to it. Both in length, plot and number of characters it
Katherine
Aug 18, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Warcraft Fans
Shelves: novella, fantasy, gaming
More of a Novella than an actual novel, this is one of the better books in the Warcraft universe. It takes place shortly after the events of Lord of the Clans, and is a nice background for one of the main characters in Wrath of the Lich King, Tirion Fordring. ...more
Dottie
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This short story was entertaining but some what hard to ingest considering I’m for The Horde! The book takes place during very dark days turning anew. There was a glimpse of hope during a turmoil time of war.
Matt
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I have ever read, right under Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, by Christie Golden. Chris Metzen has some extremely great writing skills, and reading this book inspired me to write my own 50 page fan-fiction dedicated to my WoW Character named Brunden Valorwind. Great book, and I recommend it to any fantasy lover and especially any Warcraft Lore-hound! :D
Branaugh
Sep 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book, while short, did not lack the grandeur that those of longer length may have. It was an incredible story that gave you a more in depth explanation of Tirion Fordring's life than was given to you by the MMORPG, World of Warcraft. The characters had much depth, and the reader will likely find them self loving certain characters and hoping they succeed, and hating others. The theme of honor was also interestingly explored, creating a perspective which one might not expect to have. All in ...more
Katie
Apr 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Good stuff. I like Metzen's writing a lot.
Sarah - Exploring All Genres
A well written story about Tirion. A quick read but definitely a worthwhile book for Warcraft fans.
Q
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Esarus thar no “Darador”
...After many trials of faith, the Legendary Paladin finally fulfilled his oath
Great book for those who want to learn about the lore of the Warcraft universe, or simply love the fantasy genre
Krysztina
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
Michael Crews
Of Blood and Honor takes place in the Warcraft universe, where the events of World of Warcraft takes place. This story is a reletively short one, and takes place prior to the times after Warcraft 3. The main character in this story is Tirion Fordring, a paladin in the human and dwarf meeting called Knights of the Silver Hands. Tirion Fordring has grown up to believe that orcs have no sense of mercy, and since a paladin has always protected his village from them. However, in an unexpected act of ...more
Jen Brubacher
Jan 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
I wanted to like this book especially since I paid money for it despite it being available online for free. Don't make the same mistake. It's not well written and doesn't add enough to Warcraft lore to be worthwhile. The characters are unbelievable and they live in an old fashioned world more like medieval earth than Azeroth (the main character's 1960s wife makes me want to cry.)

The ideas in the book--honour, mostly--are interesting but not well represented by this novella.
Cole
Aug 19, 2014 rated it liked it
A decent pally story. Even Arthas the paladin makes an appearance.
Sithu93
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a pleasure to know about the story line of the game that I currently playing . It is obviously World of Warcraft (MMORPG) .
Dayna
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
While this is hard to get your hands on, I would definitely suggest that people read it. Finding it as an online pdf is most likely the best way to read it.
Written by Chris Metzen who is sadly now not with Blizzard anymore and being his first step in writing a book on his own, he did a very good job of it. Though really it is more like a short story than a book.
It takes place just after Lord of the Clans by Christie Golden.

Following Lord Tirion Fordring and his journey to bring exiled due to h
Vlad Mihalca
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A story focusing on a few events and places within the huge World of Warcraft, it has evoked pleasant feelings and it almost felt like playing the PC game long ago, but in a different way.

Setting the story for Warcraft 3, it introduces some characters from the lore. The writing, though, is simplistic and meant to appeal to a greater audience, to consumers of other digital media. The focus is on details that paint images from the game in your mind (if you have played it before) and not on plot de
dunja
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I started for the lore - I stayed for the nice writing quality and exciting passages! This book gave me invaluable insight into the actuality of what it means to be a paladin and some disillusionment with Uther's fabled wisdom.
However, I would not recommend it to someone without basic knowledge of the world, races, wars and key figures.
(view spoiler)
Merryn Turner
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
It was great finally delving in to the lore of a series I have played for years! That being said, I thought this was good, but expected it to be far better.

More of a novella than a novel, it felt like this story was a bit rushed, and really only touched the surface of a situation that could have been momentous.

Overall, still an enjoyable read though! Fun to see familiar people and place names in a context that I wasn’t familiar with, and gain a greater understanding of the game’s history.
Megan
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
I liked the conversation between Tirion and Eitrigg, but aside from that brief episode found this a tiresome read. The characters are almost all one-dimensional caricatures, and there wasn't any substance behind their actions/reactions. There was too much long-winded zealotry throughout - I just don't find that very compelling to read, and again it's a simplistically one-dimensional portrayal of all the characters. Also, I didn't realize Tirion had such a useless wife.
Andrei Manea
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Starting the WoW Series i expected a world full of "newness" and that is exactly what I've got. "Of Blood and Honor" is a novel which presents the adventure of Tirion Fordring and his life as a true Paladin. There isn't much to say in terms of the general story. I'm curious to see what the future books bring and if this novel with have a saying regarding the full story, but nontheless it was an interesting reading. Also, the fact that Thrall, one of the main characters of the game Hearthstone, a ...more
Gio Castellon
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really good story, I'm not an alliance fan but every single character on this books is very important on the whole story, and Tirion is the paladin that gives the example great book and good story, good job Chris
Стл Трйкв
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Litterally a jaw dropping non-stop action with a happy ending .
In less than 120 pages I was sucked in the whole Warcraft series . Definitelly a must read for fans of the fantasy genre . For the Alliance .
Cas
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although I was given the impression this was a novella written as a passing fancy by Chris Metzen at first, I was very quickly drawn into the story, and was astonished at the emotion written into the courtroom sequence.

This goes to show prose isn't everything!
D. Heyman
May 10, 2020 rated it liked it
It's a nice introduction to some pretty major characters in the world, but felt rushed, even for a novella and had a lot of strawman characters which got tiring pretty fast. Generally enjoyable though.
Simon Fekonja
May 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
A quick immersion into warcraft lore. Chris Metzen is absolutely one of the better authors of warcraft books, with this story of Tirion Fordring being engrossing but short enough for a quick weekend read.
Ricardo Arcos
Jul 18, 2020 rated it liked it
An enjoyable novella sure to satisfy any Warcraft fan. While modest in scope, it manages to mark every good aspect of the WC universe; fantastical elements grounded in established rules, dichotomy between orcs and humans, and lovable if, somewhat two-dimensional characters.
James Howlet
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! What a book!
I am a super fan of World of Warcraft so it is obvious that I was going to like this book, I just didn't think it was THIS GOOD!
I just want to read them all now!!!
If you are a Warcraft fan, then these books are a must!
Vedran Karlić
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you are not Warcraft fan - skip this one. I'm, and it was a solid story about Paladin in oaths conflict. Nothing more than that, but it was fun and fast read.
Dustin
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick and insightful.
Maksym Ohorodnikov
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
The very case when people begin to forget their vows and codes of honor. I recommend to read. Very short, but good story
« previous 1 3 next »

• Day of the Dragon (WarCraft, #1)
  • Lord of the Clans (WarCraft, #2)
  • The Last Guardian (WarCraft, #3)
  • The Well of Eternity (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #1)
  • Cycle of Hatred (World of WarCraft, #1)
  • Rise of the Horde (World of Warcraft, #2)
  • The Demon Soul (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #2)
  • The Sundering (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #3)
  • Tides of Darkness (World of Warcraft, #3)
  • Arthas: Rise of the Lich King (World of Warcraft, #6)
  • Beyond the Dark Portal (World of WarCraft, #4)
  • Night of the Dragon (World of Warcraft, #5)
  • World of Warcraft Chronicle: Volume 1
  • Illidan (World of Warcraft, #14)
  • Stormrage (World of Warcraft, #7)
  • The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm (World of Warcraft, #8)
  • World of Warcraft Chronicle: Volume 2
  • World of Warcraft Chronicle: Volume 3

WarCraft (3 books)
  • Day of the Dragon (WarCraft, #1)
  • Lord of the Clans (WarCraft, #2)
  • The Last Guardian (WarCraft, #3)

News & Interviews