Start by marking “My Darling” as Want to Read:
My Darling

My Darling

A new couple moves in next door.
And nothing will ever be the same again…

I watched you move in and thought we might be friends.

I saw you watching from the window – and knew I’d have to keep you away from my husband.

I started to trust you. Confide in you.

I started to mistrust you. Suspect you.

I was confused when I blacked out after an evening at your place. Was I really that
Published November 3rd 2020 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about My Darling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Darling

Start your review of My Darling
MarilynW
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Publication Date : August 24, 2020

Is anyone safe? Maybe not! Jade, a retired forensic pathologist, has severe mental issues but Tomas, a hedge fund investor, loves her anyway. He loves her when she's having good times and when she's having bad times but all Jade can see is a cheating husband even though he's never cheated. Emma is a successful dentist, dating Alastair, another forensic pathologist. Their relationship is still in the honeymoon phase, both on their best behaviour.

Jade and Tomas ha
Maureen
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Bible tells us to love our neighbours, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people.”
― G.K. Chesterton

And in the case of ‘My Darling’, that’s probably very true! When Tomas and Jade move next door to dentist Emma, she’ll find that life in her much loved upmarket neighbourhood, will never be the same again. Jade turns out to be the neighbour from hell - not someone you want to upset, she’s very dangerous, the problem is, Jade is very easily upset, whether
Debra
Aug 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
My Darling....My A$$

This can be chalked up by simply asking "What did I just read?" Seriously, just when I thought I had it all figured out; Robson showed she had a few more cards up her sleeve.

Jade and Tomas move next door to Emma and soon thereafter, Jade can see the warning signs. They are right there. She knows what she sees is correct. Emma and Tomas are having an affair! She is not going to allow this to happen again! Wrong behavior needs to be punished.

Emma and her boyfriend, Alistair and
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: Jade: We move into our new house, Fairlawns. A large Victorian detached, near the river in Henley-on-Thames. Top end comfort. Top end price. Arriving in our Porsche, just as the removal men are entering the house with our walnut dining table, I look up and see a man and a woman standing at the side window of the house next door, staring down at us.

The woman is seriously tarty. Long blonde hair, bleached, not natural. Smelling of Botox. Not wearing very much clothing. Her short house co
Bridgett
Jul 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
"I hope I find a good relationship now. Men can be so controlling at times.

I had such high hopes for this one...so many sterling reviews from those I trust. And though it certainly wasn't bad, it was nowhere close to a five-star story for me...for two main reasons.

1. It was over the top. I was all in regarding the first two twists. In fact, I thought it was all quite clever and struggled to put my Kindle down. The third and fourth twists, however...not so much. They actually gave the story
Michelle
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
Amanda Robson, my darling, I have to wonder what goes on in that pretty little head of yours... 😨 YIKES!

Seriously. This lady loves creating the most vile of characters so obviously she is a favorite author of mine.

This is a book where the less said is better. You have two couples, a love triangle of sorts, delusions, paranoia, secrets, lies, and murder. What more could a lady like myself ask for? This isn't a book where twists are being thrown at you but Robson always manages to keep you of
Jessica | JustReadingJess
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
My Darling is an excellent domestic thriller. A couple, Jade and Thomas, move in across the street from Emma. Alastair is Emma’s boyfriend. Jade is convinced Thomas is having an affair with Emma. Jade plans to solve this on her own. The amount of drama between these two couples is crazy and so interesting. Once you start reading, you won’t want to put down My Darling.

My Darling is dark and twisted. None of the characters can be trusted. I loved My Darling but didn’t actually like any of the char
Tina
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a suspense/thriller or Psychological Thriller. I have to say I found this book very different, and I am still trying to wrap my mind around everything that happen in this book. The characters we follow in this book is all a little crazy, and I have never read a thriller with so many crazy characters. This book is way more then trying to find out who did the murder, but it is more about who is going to be killed next. I did really enjoy this book. I did not guess all the twist and turns i ...more
Kelli Wilson
A tornado of... No
A hurricane of...No

A TSUNAMI OF CRAZY...YES

Jade, Emma and Alastair: A trio of main characters in this wave of insanity that never stops, beginning to end.

We have two main couples, Jade & Tomas, Emma & Alastair. The former has just moved in, next door to Emma. Jade has severe mental health issues that include a large helping of paranoia and a massive side dish of delusions. Emma values her work above all and includes Alastair only on her weekends. Alastair is divorced with a chi
preoccupiedbybooks
I rolled my eyes so hard reading this, that they almost fell out and rolled off down the road!

I think it's safe to say that I really didn't enjoy this! A combination of unlikeable characters, weird 2nd person narration, jarring pov changes mid paragraph, and wildy unbelievable plot twists!

I felt no connection to any of the characters, and didn't really care what happened to them beyond the first 30%, which was a shame, as the start of the book was quite good! Then it was just one silly twist aft
Jayme

If you need more convincing that Tinder ISN’T the place to find your true love...
OR
that it ISN’T always wise to invite your new neighbors over for drinks...

Then this CRAZY book is for you!

3 Narrators, and a frenetic pace, which will work for you IF you ❤️ your psychological thrillers TWISTY and don’t mind if they are IMPLAUSIBLE!

It started out FUN, but It grew a bit tedious towards the end for me.

One reason-the style.
Character POV’s changing while still under the chapter heading of another,
Michael David
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
HAPPY PUBLICATION DAY!

Wow...this book is absolutely, 100% certifiably insane, and I mean that in the best way possible!

I don’t want to give anything away, but it’s about Jade and her husband, Tomas, who have just recently moved into a new house next door to Emma, a dentist. One night over cocktails, Jade awkwardly confides in Emma and tells her that Tomas cheats on her with other women. It is not long before Jade believes Tomas and Emma are having an affair.

I think the less you know, the bett
Amanda
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First I have to say that this is the fastest that I have ever read a book. I couldn’t put it down and I was so caught up in the storyline, before I knew it I had finished it!!

Jade and Tomas have just moved into their new home, when they invite the neighbours Emma and Alistair over for drinks .Jade confides with Emma that her husband has a roving eye. Before long she is is adamant that Tomas and Emma are having an affair.

Without giving anything away, this book becomes a run away train with so man
Catherine Woodward
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 4-stars
*Many thanks to NetGalley, Avon Books UK, and Amanda Robson for an ARC of this book! Now available in all formats as of 9.3!*

Wow, what a trip! I went into this one prepared to be baffled, intrigued, and disturbed in the best possible way and it completely blew my mind!

Amanda Robson gives us two sets of interesting neighbors and couples in Jade and Tomas and Emma and Alistair, laying the groundwork for a tornado of lies, paranoia, jealousy, and murder. Jade fears her husband's wandering eyes towa
Christina
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ETA: I am bumping this up to five stars because I still keep thinking about it and comparing other thrillers I read to it! It left a lasting impression!

This is a truly sick book. Which, of course, I mean as a compliment. This book was so unputdownable I missed my shower and was late for work, which is fortunately more acceptable in a quarantine.

This book is about two neighbor women, at least one of whom may be sick in the head. Jade believes her neighbor Emma is having an affair with Jade’s husb
Javier
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
”Do I love you? Do I hate you? There is a fine line between love and hate. I have felt both towards you, my darling, my love. It is a tribute to how much you have meant to me. And now I need to decide whether to love you or kill you”

WELCOME TO CUCKOO LAND! Oh my, Ms. Robson, You‘ve got yourself a new fan! This was completely insane! It has been a while since I read something so bonkers. I started it without previously reading the synopsis, so at the beginning I was a bit confused with all the di
Luvtoread
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clever And Sinister

New neighbors Jade and Tomas move in next door to lovely Emma who is a dentist and values her free time and privacy. Jade invites Emma and her boyfriend Alastair over for neighborly drinks and immediately tells Emma know Tomas has a wandering eye. Why? Emma and Alastair are put off by this remark and are unsure what to make of it. Tomas is a very handsome man and Jade is rather masculine in her appearance but "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" so that is their business. Em
JEN A
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was ok

I received an advanced copy of this book from Net Galley and Avon Books UK in return for an honest review. The release date for this book is 24 Aug 2020

I could not get into this book at all. I felt that the writing was choppy and the storyline wasn’t thrilling to me but just dreary. The characters were unlikable and I felt the author was trying too hard to shock the reader. I’m sure there will be a lot of readers who will enjoy this book but it definitely wasn’t for me.
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio...5 Stars
Story....4.5 Stars

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the most psycho of them all? Yup! This story has more than one!
Gary
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'My Darling' is a thriller about two couples who live next door to each other. Jade and Tomas have recently moved in to the house next door to Emma and Alastair and it is not long before the fireworks begin to explode. Jade thinks that Tomas is making advances to Emma and their are lots of obsessions, lies, jealousy and ultimately murder.

This is one of those novels that will keep you reading on and on and convince yourself to read just one more chapter. Great characters and a twisty plot.

Rounde
Alex
Dec 31, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5*

Emma and Alastair met each other through Tinder and are in love. Emma wants to forget her first marriage and Alastair wants to stay away from his irritating ex with whom he has a son.

When new neighbours arrive near Emma's home, she and Alastair gets invited for dinner. Jade and Thomas are a weird couple. During dinner, Jade warns Emma to stay away from her husband as Thomas likes to cheat on her and Emma seems to be the kind of woman he likes. Suprised by Jade's strange behaviour, Emma confi
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
I really don't know what to say about this book, it was twisted and full of drama which I love, but at the same time it went way over the top and really lost me. Amanda Robson has been a hit or miss author for me, the last one a hit so I was excited for this one. I enjoyed it but I didn't love it. I have seen so many great reviews so I feel that I am in the minority here.

2 couples, 4 messed up and crazy people. From the very beginning these characters were unlikeable and that did not change thro
Pat (not getting friend updates currently)
Well, that was a super-sized serve of the crazy but it was just what I needed after a series of dark and bleak books. It had all the elements that we love in this sort of story:

. Unreliable narrators - check
. Lies and betrayals - check
. Secrets from the past - check
. Jealousy and paranoia - check
. Murder most foul - check.

Meet Emma and Alistair. Emma is a very well off dentist who also happens to be young and attractive. Alistair is her forensic pathologist boyfriend who spends the weekends with
Jannelies
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Amanda Robson but it won't be my last. I was completely engrossed in this book from the first chapter on.
Writing a psychological thriller with just four main characters, set in the same location for most of the time, and still manage to grab the reader, is extremely difficult. Amanda Robson did it. It is difficult to tell more because the less said about this book the better, because it's hard to write about without spoilers.
You should read it for yourself!
Just as you think yo
Beckee❤️
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another absolutely brilliant psychological thriller from Amanda Robson! I've loved all of her previous 3 books and My Darling was no exception! The plot was fantastic, (so much murder!), the characters were well thought out and well structured, the twists and turns kept me gripped throughout, fantastic, would absolutely recommend! ...more
Joy Perry
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#NetGalley #AmandaRobson #AvonBooksUK

My Darling by Amanda Robson is a very well written psychological thriller. It was certainly hard to put down and with a refreshingly different theme than I have been reading lately. It was told from three POV's: Emma's, Jade's, and Alistair's.

What I really liked about the book was that each character had distinct personalities, of whom you did not know from one minute to the next if they were a good guy or a villain. I liked that Jade's character was instantl
Mark
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Let’s get the negative out of the way, the title first, ‘My Darling’ is not what I would have chosen for this book, a bit lame and I think could be misrepresented if people are quickly looking for a new read and secondly the book is told ( mainly ) via 3 of the 4 main characters in short, snappy chapters BUT often the person telling the story in a chapter just changes almost mid sentence, this is hassling and its to the merit of the writing that I continued as could have been a deal breaker

This
Louise Wilson
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Deb✨
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-netgalley
This book was a mind-bending psychological thriller that had so many twists and turns I had to keep up to figure out who was in the lead. It was all a murder game of cat and mouse to see who actually did the killing.

What made it fun was the crazy personalities of each of the people involved in the story. Mainly there were two couples that live next door to each other. The first couple moves in next door. They are being watched out the window by the other couple and judged. There is Emma, a succ
JEN A

• Slow Burner
  • Betray Her
  • You and Me
  • Every Last Secret
  • When She Was Good (Cyrus Haven, #2)
  • Nightingale House