Start by marking “The Rich Boy” as Want to Read:
The Rich Boy

The Rich Boy

Im the type of girl whos given up on fairy tales. So when Beck the hot new busboy at work starts flirting with me, I know better than to get my hopes up. Happily ever afters arent for the average. I learned that the hard way.

But how can I be expected to resist a man who can quote Austen, loves making me laugh, and seems to be everything hot and good in this world?

Only
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 354 pages
Published March 9th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Rich Boy, please sign up.

Start your review of The Rich Boy
Christy
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-four-stars
4 stars

photo IMG_5956_zpsb9thuutf.png

The Rich Boy is Kylie Scott's newest stand-alone novel and it was such a good time. I love a feel good read with a super swoony hero and this hit the spot.

The rich guy broke girl troupe is a fairly common one, but I've never read it done quite like this before... Alice is working as a waitress when the new hot bus boy starts to flirt with her. She becomes fast friends with Beck and after a few dates, it's apparent they have a spark. Alice doesn't know much about Beck, but he seems
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5-4 stars

At the beginning it was a little bit hard for me to get into the story, but I liked the characters and once I read more I loved it!The story for me was a little bit weird.

description

You know, I honestly cant decide if youre crazy, comedic, or something else entirely.

I liked Alice so much, such a nice character.The romance was fast and I like it. These two have a great chemistry.They were fun and sexy.

description

Not my favorite book from Kylie yet it was fun and heartwarming!

MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

-When it comes to him, I never stood a chance.

photo 43BD574F-9D71-41A2-92AF-BF10C41F5DFF_zpsas03ja2t.jpg

Alice Lawrence is a 22 yr. old woman who works as a waitress/bartender in a dive bar in Los Angeles. Her life is pretty uneventful until the gorgeous new busboy Beck arrives at work. Hes quickly become the highlight of her shift. Hes an outrageous flirt, makes her laugh, and is highly entertaining. His attention is addictive, and the sexual tension between them is pure torture. She craves more from Beck,
lazybookconqueror
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2020books, arc
I wanted to love this book so badly...

description

You see, I was immediately curious about the blurb. We have a busboy that is also a billionaire playboy? What gives?

description

And then, we got Chase Matthews in this ridiculously hot pose in the cover, and I was sold.

Unfortunately, I feel like The Rich Boy had a flaw at the beginning of the book and then it never truly recovered from it. Alice is a waitress at a dive bar in Los Angeles and she meets a sweet busboy called Beck. He is nice and funny and they just have
Wendy

When I signed up to read this one, I had no idea it was gonna be a "fairytale" style story. I only saw the name "Kylie Scott" and I knew I had to read it ;)

no choice gif - Google Zoeken

This was definitely a "fluffy" kind of story with the best kind of hero to boot!! Sometimes, these kinds of stories are exactly what the doctor ordered. It sure came at the right time for me after reading multiple angsty reads.

Alice is a waitress and Beck is a flirty busboy, trying to gain her attention....which of course he does fcc37b1805a49c13a3f7d3d50b64ed47 They have
Stacey is Sassy
I tried to escape

So, the Corona Virus

I really tried to shut out the world and all our woes to escape into The Rich Boy. I absolutely loved the Pretty Woman vibe and loved Becks swoon-worthy and romantic antics to get Alices attention.

BUT

My brain wouldnt turn off from whats going on in my life and I couldn't help wondering how these characters would cope or deal with Covid 19?

How are the rich people coping with Corona Virus?
Are their staff obligated to keep on serving to their needs?
Do the staff
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 I loved it Stars ⭐ ...more
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Alice is working as a waitress at a bar in Santa Monica while trying to decide what to do with her somewhat useless English Lit degree.

Enter Beck. It's his first night working at the bar and he's super-attracted to Alice - so much that he's already picked out the wedding flowers and the font for the invitations! LOL!

Alice is not really sure if she should give in to his über-flirting. But he's so sweet and insisting and hot and funny and adorable and hot!

Fast forward a few days - of dating and
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy, ratula
I never knew how much I needed an adult fairy tale in my life until I finished reading The Rich Boy. Seriously, such Cinderella vibes here even right down to horrible, mean family issues. But once I started reading, I was sucked in to the sweet, fun, sexy, slow-burning romance blossoming between Beck and Alice and I didnt want it to end.

From their ridiculously adorable meet-cute, straight on through to the end, I adored both Beck and Alice. Loved how they were both ridiculously adorable, and
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Beck is Everything! Hes imprinted on my heart!

This modern day classic is not to be missed. Its a phenomenal sweet and romantic read. If youre looking for all the swoons and butterflies in your tummy, The Rich Boy is a must read.

Full review to come...

For more of my reviews:
My Blog: Book Twins Reviews
Facebook Blog Page
Twitter
Bookphenomena (Micky)

Yes, that is my sad face you can see as I am a big Kylie Scott fan. Ive read all her contemporary books and I love her work. There are a number of reasons THE RICH BOY didnt work for me and I will try and constructively explain.

The story started out strong, after a short while there was a need to suspend a bit of reality to go with the storyline as the heroine, Alice gave up her life to go and be with Beck after a few days. Even so, I was still invested in these two at this point.
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

The book starts with Alice and Beck working together with him as the busboy. He keeps calling her wife and they start going out after work, taking long walks and talking until one day a car pulls up and Beck is summoned back to his old life by the death of his father. He asks Alice to go with him but she initially refuses until he sends a bodyguard/driver for her. Taking a chance on Beck Alice quits her job and leaves the country to be with Beck, little does she know she's stepping
Meredith
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
The Rich Boy is a new standalone by Kylie Scott that was such a delight to read. It was a really sweet and swoon worthy, fairytale type, slow-burn romance that I thoroughly enjoyed from beginning to end. I was completely swept up in this story, these characters and their journey to happily ever after.

Alice is working as a waitress when the gorgeous new busboy starts flirting with her. He couldn't possibly be into her... Could he? She's just your average run-of-the-mill girl. But after much
Lien
Gaaaahd if I had known, I would have never picked this book up in the first place.
I debated hard on whether I should read a little further and give this book a fair chance to move into something more than the first meeting but when you know, you know 😅
This is an insta-connection thing.

Chapter 2:
I don't want to feel this way. I don't want to be this invested. [...] I have it so bad for the boy. God help me. - Alice
I've seen reviews describing this book as "slow-burn". I was soo confused when I
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Oh how I missed reading the talented Kylie Scott.  You can always suck me into your stories and this one did not disappoint!!!

Definitely swooning hard for this one, you want sexy, you want good, this one is a must pick up!!!

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
SimplyƝì₭
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am going to give this a solid 4.8 stars

This tale of rich and poor, proper boy meets popper girl will melt your heart. Need I say she was curvy, i.e. real life size person. And as a reader it was never really apparent. See whenever I read a book about a fat chick, the book is always centered around her fat. Not this. In fact, the heroine rarely felt bad about her body and this my friend is huge progress.

Kylie weaves a tale about Beck and Emma getting to know each other. You watch their love
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

As much as I love Kylie Scott's writing, this book is about as unrealistic as it can be. I mean don't we all fantasized about a hot busboy really being a billionaire, sweeping us off our feet and being totally in love with us? *Insert eye roll*

Don't get me wrong, the story was enjoyable to read. Beck is pretty awesome but I liked how Alice stuck to her own ideals and didn't get swept up into the world of the rich.

However, I do wish more was written about "why" Beck felt Alice was the one
Tianna✸loves books✸
Excuse me, but did I miss something?
The blurb says he is a busboy....and a billionaire.....
How is it possible?
What does this mean?
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
After having a fall out with his father, Beck decides to take some time away from his family and heads to California for six months. He ends up working in a quiet neighbourhood bar and this is where he meets Alice. They dont know much about each other but instantly click and Beck decides that she will be his future wife. They have lots of fun banter and Beck nicknames her wifey.

He woke me up. He made me want more for myself.

They only spend a short amount of time together, maybe two weeks,
Susan (susayq ~)
Mar 06, 2020 rated it liked it
So, I read the last sentence, swiped to get to the next page/chapter/epilogue and it was a list of Kylie Scott's other books and my only thought was "WHAT????" To say I am disappointed is an understatement. We time jumped at the end and I feel like Beck and Alice didn't get a HEA, it was HFN.

Maybe we will revisit these characters in other books, because there is room for that with Ethan and Henry, and then I will get the resolution I was craving.

Ultimately, this was not my favorite book by
Cassidy
Mar 07, 2020 rated it liked it
The Rich Boy is a classic case of an enjoyable first half of a book that then just fizzles. I just lost interest and the second have was much harder to read. I will always love Kylie Scott and this sure wont stop me from reading more. I love that she writes heroines a lot of the time that are like me. I do see potential of more books from this world including a second chance between a married couple that Im dying for already.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Izzie d
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow I absolutely loved this.
Beck and Alice.
Bit unusual start but it made me laugh so much.
Beck is so darn adorable.
In the beginning it's hard to tell if he's being serious but he is all in with Alice from the get go.
Alice is a strong heroine, she stands up to him and all the issues she comes up against.
Angst in the form of family interference and a bitchy ex, plus several wannabe types.
Grovel when he messes up.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine. The intimacy slow burn.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
This is a sweet story about love at first sight. Beck is a man that is used to getting everything handed to him. When he turns his back on privileged life, he realizes that the best things are worth working for. Alice is just an ordinary girl who has struggled through life at a job she hates. Meeting Beck is something that she is excited about. When Beck has to leave to return home, he decides that he wants Alice with him. She goes but is surprised to learn that he is very wealthy. Living in ...more
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
Available now - full review to come
Karen Mc
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Oh Kylie Scott! Be still my beating heart for it still beats for The Rich Boy! This love story is a slow burn full of sexual tension, smolder, sweetness, sass, and swoon. From the drool-worthy cover to the curvy heroine to the witty writing, The Rich Boy is a gem of a romance that shines. A steamy and dreamy fairytale with an old-fashioned flair.

I wont let you fall.

With a Cinderella theme and a tale thats a delicious dream, The Rich Boy is a fairytale full of laugh-out-loud humor, heat, and
Pamella
Mar 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received an eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

4 Stars!

The Review:
This book was just a whole lot of FUN!! I love, loved it!

Alice is a waitress at a dive bar. When the sexy new busboy starts to flirt with her, shes wary but also interested and intrigued. They click instantly. Beck has secrets and seems to be a wanderer. Alice has been hurt by a past relationship. But a bond is definitely forming. When Beck is unexpectedly
Kari Davis
When I read the blurb for The Rich Boy, I knew this was a read I couldn't wait to read.  Told from Alice's POV, this is a complete standalone. Ask yourself, Do you believe in fairy tales?

Alice is done with believing in fairytales.  She recently had her heartbroken by her last boyfriend.  She just finished college and is trying to find the perfect fit for her.  Until then, she's working as a waitress in a dive bar.  Not her favorite job, but it pays the bills for now.

Enter the new busboy, who
Lindy
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts:

The Rich Boy was signature Kylie Scott! She creates the most delicious, sexy, and swoon-worthy male leads! Readers will be in line for Beck to be their next book boyfriend.

I loved this slow burn romance! It was like a modern day Cinderella. Alice is an intelligent, witty, hard-working and educated woman. Unfortunately, she's had trouble finding a career with her degree in English. Struggling financially, she works as many hours as she can, waitressing and working the bar. While
thepokebook
Feb 29, 2020 rated it liked it
*ARC PROVIDED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW*

I don't really know what to say about that book. Was it bad? Yeah. Was it good? Yeah?
When I read the blurb, I was really excited to read. I did read some of Kylie Scott and even though I love her story, her writing was a bit like Jay Crownover, the chapters were longs and a bit heavy to read. I prefer a book with lots of chapters that are shorts rather than a few long ones.

The story was a bit weird. The hero just comes out of nowhere and asks the
Some Like It Hot!: Rich Boy by Kylie Scott 1 9 Mar 10, 2020 06:39PM

• The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Just One Year
  • The Wrong/Right Man
  • Fashion Jungle
  • Runaway Road (Runaway, #1)
  • Wicked Saint (Sinners and Saints, #1)
  • That Secret Crush (Getting Lucky, #3)
  • Dirty Sweet Valentine: And Other Filthy Tales of Love
  • Teacher I Want to Date
  • The Setup (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Dear Ava
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
  • Great and Precious Things
  • Doctor Dearest
  • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Dying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #3)
  • Number Neighbors
  • Inappropriate
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Australian Romance Writer.