Start by marking “Alexei (Chicago Blaze, #5)” as Want to Read:
Alexei (Chicago Blaze, #5)

Alexei

(Chicago Blaze #5)

Alexei

I guess the party’s over—for now.
When I wake up in the hospital after a DUI car crash, my new NHL team owner gives me an ultimatum – get sober or get packed for the minor leagues. So I talk the talk and go to rehab. I plan to breeze through, get sprung in 30 days or less and hit the road with my new team, the Chicago Blaze. All I have to do is charm my attractive,
Kindle Edition
Published February 4th 2020 by Silver Sky Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Alexei, please sign up.
Brenda Rothert I'm sorry about this, Amazon inadvertently deleted it, but they helped me get it back up under a new Amazon sales ID number. I hope you were able to f…moreI'm sorry about this, Amazon inadvertently deleted it, but they helped me get it back up under a new Amazon sales ID number. I hope you were able to find it! (less)

Start your review of Alexei (Chicago Blaze, #5)
Andrea Fleury
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Alexei and Graysen's story is painful past for both them . He is the sexy hockey guy. She's the shrink at the hospital where he is sent. The minute there eyes meet its a connection that can't ignore. He had demons to get rid of she has a past life she is running from.
Lizette Criscitiello-Diaz
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Alexei is a book.we have all been eagerly anticipating. Brenda from page one you keep us on the edge of our seats with this hot hockey alpha. He is broken and gritty but Graysen is his perfect counterpart. We get so many beautiful moments in this book, and I can't wait for more stories in the Chicago Blaze.
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Alexei knows he has really hit rock bottom and run out of chances when he wakes up in hospital after being in a medically induced coma for 72 hours. He is on the verge of losing everything he has worked so hard for in his NFL hockey career as well as the respect of his brother Anton. His actions could have life changing consequences if he doesn’t do something about his lifestyle now.

He agrees to go to rehab and deal with not just his drinking but the reasons behind his behaviour. He has always f
Kristiej
I've read a lot of this authors books and before I started doing this review I glanced at previous stars I've given and the vast majority have been pretty good with only the occasional lower grade. Sadly this particular book is the lowest I've ever given. For me this one is a real stinker. I found very little character development and no sizzle between Alexei, the hero and Greyson the heroine.

This is the fifth book in this series about a fictional pro hockey team, the Chicago Blaze. We've alread
I think the thing I enjoy the most about the books by this author, is that her characters aren't perfect. They have real problems, and that makes them seem more real, easier to relate to. That's the case with this book, with Alexei and Graysen. To me, I think it makes this a much better book, than the ones whose characters seem so absolutely perfect!

From the outside, Alexei seems to have the perfect life. I mean, he is a player in the NHL. But underneath, he has a problem, even if he can't see i
Heroesinbooks
3 Alexei and Graysen Stars

Alexei has intrigued me in this series. He is Anton's brother and he very much feels that he lives in his brother's shadow. Anton is the brother that doesn't screw up and mess around whereas Alexei ...is.
He messes up one time too many and is made to go to rehab in order to salvage his career. Graysen is his therapist / counsellor. Because of Professional Codes of conduct and ethics these two cannot do much about their attraction to each other until Alexei is out of reh
Elizabeth
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, eram, sports
Confession time: I have consistently enjoyed Ms Rothert’s Chicago Blaze series, but I wasn’t sure how I felt about Alexei being a hero. I was even less sure about the idea of his therapist being his romantic leading lady.

I should have known better and known to trust Ms Rothert to deliver a thoughtful book that respected Alexei’s journey, Graysen’s role in that journey, and the blossoming relationship between to two.

What I’ve seen of Alexei in previous books, I didn’t really like. The glimpses
Auntee
This one was a little different in that the romance took a bit of a backseat to NHL star Alexei's (Anton's hard drinking brother) journey to getting his life back on course. Despite the romance between Alexei and his therapist (Grayson) not being the main focus of the book, it was still a page-turner for me , an eye-opener, and a story that had me tearing up a time of two. Was the romance believable (and hot)? Absolutely. I just wish there was a bit more of it. Like maybe 50 more pages worth? :) ...more
M.E. Carter
I just love this series.
Megan
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The writing for this wasn't bad, hence the 2 stars, but the pacing was weird and the buildup just led to cheese... Too insta romance for me without a legit foundation!
Nance
I wasn’t sure of how to rank this book, but I wish there was more. It’s too short. I wanted more after Alexei graduates from rehab. There was no real climax to speak of. But, it does tell true to life facts about addiction. That’s all I’m going to say. Read Alexei’s story and see how he deals with his alcoholism and the outcome of the romance with Greyson. It will hug your heart...
Cyndi Becker
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always get that giddy feeling when I see start a new Chicago Blaze story and with Alexei, there was a frisson of excitement to see how this bad boy and self-imposed black sheep of the family would fall into the fold of the Blaze.

Alexei has hit the proverbial rock bottom, without even knowing he needed to. He's confronted with the fact that out of a job unless he gets clean. He certain he's not really an addict, he just likes to party. It's only in getting clean that he can look back and see h
Joelle
This was a first time author for us and we have to say that our first time read by them was quite enjoyable.

We enjoyed the story it was heart felt and engaging and had character's that were all flawed.This story had a serious under- tone and had it's character's living with some sort of addiction some owning it and others others refusing to face their reality just yet.

Alexei was one of those cocky bad boys that never thought about much more than his next party and next willing women until a litt
Carol Seymour
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story was both romantic as well as moving. Alexei is the rebellious partying brother of our Chicago Blaze team captain Anton. Alexei lives life on the edge and parties as if there is no tomorrow. His athletic ability has come too easily for him and now he is about to pay the piper. Graysen is a therapist at the rehab center where Alexei is sent to complete a sobriety program as well physical therapy so that he may come clean and earn the right to play on his brother's team. No one knew that ...more
Irene

Alexei by Brenda Rothert is such a good read.

I enjoyed the storyline, it's well written, entertaining from start to end and I found myself turning the pages late into the night.

I loved watching Alexei and Graysen come together, I enjoyed their relationship and I respected the way they were able to work through past hurts and support each other to a healthier mind space.
These two belonged together, I was very happy they got their happily ever after.

Alexei is a wonderful addition to the C
Tina
Feb 11, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Felt very insubstantial. The romance was perfunctory. The hero's issues felt glossed over. The entire pace of the book felt fast forwarded. Overall this is pretty forgettable.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: missy
The life of a professional hockey player is one of privilege and decadence. And Alexei Petrov has certainly lived his life to the fullest. In excess. And after almost killing himself by driving drunk, the only way he’ll be able to continue to play the sport he loves is if he goes to rehab. How hard can it be, right? He can stop anytime—he’s not an addict or an alcoholic.

Too bad he’s in denial.

Alexei is the story of a man who’s a bit broken and while on his path to recovery, discovers the perfect
Kari Hansen
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexei has always had a reputation of being the life of the party and enjoying women and alcohol to the excesses but he has always refused to acknowledge that while in the beginning it may have been a choice it is now a necessity. When his latest escape finds him about to lose the hockey career he values about all else he agrees to go into rehab just to please others but his counselor is not about to let that happen.

Graysen is a woman who is determined to use her past to help other. She is drawn
Liz
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Alexei by Brenda Rothert was emotional, touching and deals with some tough issues but the author does a great job weaving Alexei and Graysen’s story around them. On the surface, Alexei has it all. An NHL player with everything at his fingertips. But life is never as it seems and Alexei needs to turn his life around if he wants to keep playing hockey. Enter Greysen.

Graysen sees Alexei in ways he does not even see. She wants to help him, but he needs to want to help himself as well. I loved how p
Louise  O
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexei is book 5 in the Chicago Blaze series, while this story is in a series this book can be read as a standalone.

Alexei has made some bad choices but always thought he was in control, when he winds up in hospital, he has 2 options; Retire or head off to rehab. Alexei is going through the motions because this is what has been asked of him, he is in denial until he isn’t. When he finally comes to terms with how he has been living his life he opens new doors including one to his heart.

I person
Lorie Glowania
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this book we get to see Anton’s brother Alexei. Alexei has been broken for awhile. He continues to party hard and doesn’t care who he will hurt as long as his pain will go away. So when he wakes up in the hospital with broken bones and given a ultimatum to give up playing pro hockey or go to rehab he needs to think fast. He soon realizes that it ain’t a walk in the park but meets someone who feels he can talk to. Grayson is a doctor who is also flawed and finds herself attracted to a patient ...more
Vfc
Alexei lost control of his car, his blood alcohol registered three times the legal limit. Awakening from a medically induced coma, he’s disoriented.

He blacked out damaging a barn and dislocating his hip, his resuming a spot playing hockey is contingent on sobriety.

Graysen is twenty-nine, a sociology major hoping to change the world one patient at a time working on their pain and addiction. An experience she personally understands. Pain and shame.

I’d be much better off if I’d dislocated my shoul
Erin Lewis
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 star Review Alexei (Chicago Blaze #5) by Brenda Rothert

Although this is the fifth book in the series, it is a stand alone and it is not necessary to have read the previous books. However, do yourselves a favour if you haven’t read them and one click.

Alexei is so swoon worthy, perhaps because there is so much more to him than just being a bad boy hockey player. His strength and determination in overcoming his self inflicted injuries as well as his addiction was inspiring.

I freely admit to
Jackie Wright
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexei is book 5 in the Chicago Blaze Series but it can certainly be read as a stand-alone and its a must read for all lovers of hockey romance as well as romance lovers.
Brenda Rothert has given us an emotional roller coaster that will make you smile, have you shearing a tear and at times have you screaming at your e-reader. Alexei is a beautifully written love story that touched me on so many levels, I was captivated by Alexei and his group at the rehab centre and I found myself hoping and pray
Mari
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alexei is probably one the most serious themes tackled in the Blazes series dealing with addiction and alcoholics. If you've followed along we know Alexei is Anton's brother. He's been an excessive partier and drinker always in trouble. This time he hit rock bottom he crashed into a barn was in a coma and hurt himself. His team released him and the owner of the Chicago Blaze gave him a second chance if he completes rehab and gets back in shape plus stays sober. I have to note Alexei's kinda look ...more
FunUndertheCovers
Darcy
Feb 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, romance, 2020, rw
I wasn't sure I would like this one, not sure that Alexei wouldn't come off as being forced into rehab and petulant, like a toddler. While it might have been that at first, he seemed to really change the longer he was at rehab, wanting more out of his life. I liked the friendships he made with the others he was there with, hated how some of those relationships turned out, but life as an addict is a hard one.

I also wasn't sure about the relationship between Alexei and Graysen. What really worked
Jessica
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one is a different romance story from your typical man meets woman. These two meet as patient and doctor. But they don’t technically start a physical relationship until months later. The emotional relationship start date is a bit fuzzy. You make the call.

Alexei and Graysen are perfect for each other. Alexei ends up in rehab and does a 180 with his life. For the better. He respects her when she draws a line in the sand. These two are a very supportive unit.
Oh and the scenes with Anton and h
Becky Claxon
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this Chicago Blaze series. Alexei and Anton are twins from Russia. Alexei has always been the bad boy and getting into trouble. When he gets himself into some real trouble, he has to go to rehab. This is where he meets his therapist, Graysen. I wasn’t crazy about Alexei in past books, but I was glad to see another side to him in this book. I have always heard that many people have to hit rock bottom before they get help. Alexei hit his bottom and found some truths about himself he never r ...more
Candi Miller
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel like I struggle with what to write about with Brenda Rothert’s stories because I seriously love every one of them that I have read! In this slow burn book, she takes two main characters from the story that have childhood struggles that follows them into adulthood. Their life experiences makes them the perfect match for each other and sets a great story line. One of my favorite scenes from the book is when Alexei describes one of the dreams he had to Graysen. I won’t divulge details so you ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wylde (Arizona Vengeance #7)
  • Shutout (Scoring #1)
  • Rafe (Arizona Vengeance #6.5)
  • Kane (Arizona Vengeance, #8)
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • Spiked by Love (Bellevue Bullies, #6)
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • Koyn (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa, OK, #1)
  • For the Win (Wynn Hockey, #4)
  • Blood Lust (Royal Bastards MC: Savannah, #1)
  • Just One Touch (The Carter Brothers #2)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Bring It Home (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #3)
  • Fallen Son (The Fallen Men, #2.5)
  • Petros (Royal Bastards MC #1)
  • Billionaire Bosshole (Bedding the Billionaire #3)
  • Blocked (Scoring #2)
  • Something So Unscripted (Something So, #4)
Brenda Rothert is the author of more than thirty Contemporary Romance novels. You can learn more about her books at her website, www.brendarothert.com, which features teasers, excerpts and trailers for her books. Follow her here:

Twitter: http://goo.gl/wYVa6E

Pinterest: http://goo.gl/tYSU3n

Website: http://brendarothert.com/

Goodreads: http://goo.gl/k2ueHQ

Amazon: http://goo.gl/47Va5y

B&N: http://g

Chicago Blaze (8 books)
  • Anton (Chicago Blaze, #1)
  • Luca (Chicago Blaze, #2)
  • Victor (Chicago Blaze, #3)
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • Easy (Chicago Blaze, #6)
  • Jonah (Chicago Blaze, #7)
  • Kit (Chicago Blaze, #8)

News & Interviews