Start by marking “Alexei (Chicago Blaze #5)” as Want to Read:
Alexei (Chicago Blaze #5)

Alexei

(Chicago Blaze #5)

Alexei

I guess the party’s over—for now.
When I wake up in the hospital after a DUI car crash, my new NHL team owner gives me an ultimatum – get sober or get packed for the minor leagues. So I talk the talk and go to rehab. I plan to breeze through, get sprung in 30 days or less and hit the road with my new team, the Chicago Blaze. All I have to do is charm my attractive,
Kindle Edition
Published February 4th 2020 by Silver Sky Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Alexei, please sign up.
Brenda Rothert I'm sorry about this, Amazon inadvertently deleted it, but they helped me get it back up under a new Amazon sales ID number. I hope you were able to…moreI'm sorry about this, Amazon inadvertently deleted it, but they helped me get it back up under a new Amazon sales ID number. I hope you were able to find it! (less)

Start your review of Alexei (Chicago Blaze #5)
Lizette Criscitiello-Diaz
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Alexei is a book.we have all been eagerly anticipating. Brenda from page one you keep us on the edge of our seats with this hot hockey alpha. He is broken and gritty but Graysen is his perfect counterpart. We get so many beautiful moments in this book, and I can't wait for more stories in the Chicago Blaze.
Irene

Alexei by Brenda Rothert is such a good read.

I enjoyed the storyline, it's well written, entertaining from start to end and I found myself turning the pages late into the night.

I loved watching Alexei and Graysen come together, I enjoyed their relationship and I respected the way they were able to work through past hurts and support each other to a healthier mind space.
These two belonged together, I was very happy they got their happily ever after.

Alexei is a wonderful addition to the
Kristiej
I've read a lot of this authors books and before I started doing this review I glanced at previous stars I've given and the vast majority have been pretty good with only the occasional lower grade. Sadly this particular book is the lowest I've ever given. For me this one is a real stinker. I found very little character development and no sizzle between Alexei, the hero and Greyson the heroine.

This is the fifth book in this series about a fictional pro hockey team, the Chicago Blaze. We've
I think the thing I enjoy the most about the books by this author, is that her characters aren't perfect. They have real problems, and that makes them seem more real, easier to relate to. That's the case with this book, with Alexei and Graysen. To me, I think it makes this a much better book, than the ones whose characters seem so absolutely perfect!

From the outside, Alexei seems to have the perfect life. I mean, he is a player in the NHL. But underneath, he has a problem, even if he can't see
Elizabeth
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eram, sports, arc
Confession time: I have consistently enjoyed Ms Rothert’s Chicago Blaze series, but I wasn’t sure how I felt about Alexei being a hero. I was even less sure about the idea of his therapist being his romantic leading lady.

I should have known better and known to trust Ms Rothert to deliver a thoughtful book that respected Alexei’s journey, Graysen’s role in that journey, and the blossoming relationship between to two.

What I’ve seen of Alexei in previous books, I didn’t really like. The glimpses
FunUndertheCovers
This story was both romantic as well as moving. Alexei is the rebellious partying brother of our Chicago Blaze team captain Anton. Alexei lives life on the edge and parties as if there is no tomorrow. His athletic ability has come too easily for him and now he is about to pay the piper. Graysen is a therapist at the rehab center where Alexei is sent to complete a sobriety program as well physical therapy so that he may come clean and earn the right to play on his brother's team. No one knew that ...more
Jessica
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one is a different romance story from your typical man meets woman. These two meet as patient and doctor. But they don’t technically start a physical relationship until months later. The emotional relationship start date is a bit fuzzy. You make the call.

Alexei and Graysen are perfect for each other. Alexei ends up in rehab and does a 180 with his life. For the better. He respects her when she draws a line in the sand. These two are a very supportive unit.
Oh and the scenes with Anton and
Jody
After meeting Alexei Petrov in his brother Anton’s book I knew his story was going to be intense...and it definitely was. In dealing with his sex and alcohol addictions some hard truths were revealed throughout the story that kept readers on a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Alexei may start off with a carefree attitude about his kind of fun, but when his career and his future are put in jeopardy he knows he must put in some hard work to truly reach HEA. Along the way he has his strong-willed ...more
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Alexei Petrov has a problem, but he doesn't want to admit it. He loves to drink, spend his evenings with beautiful ladies vying for his attention, and he does it often... too often. He for one thinks there is nothing wrong with blowing off a little steam and enjoying himself, but one night his enjoyment gets a little out of hand and he finds himself waking up in a hospital bed with no recollection of the night before. Now not only is his body paying the price, but he is also about to lose his ...more
Cyndi Becker
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always get that giddy feeling when I see start a new Chicago Blaze story and with Alexei, there was a frisson of excitement to see how this bad boy and self-imposed black sheep of the family would fall into the fold of the Blaze.

Alexei has hit the proverbial rock bottom, without even knowing he needed to. He's confronted with the fact that out of a job unless he gets clean. He certain he's not really an addict, he just likes to party. It's only in getting clean that he can look back and see
Luisa Rivas
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As I’ve been reading this series, I’ve often wondered if there would be a book about Alexei. He’s mentioned a lot, as he’s Anton’s twin, and he’s been portrayed as a very talented hockey player, but with drinking problems. He’s often embroiled in some fight, always related to his drinking, so I was glad to finally read his story.

I loved that the problems in his relation with Anton are presented, so we get into it deeply. Anton is hard-working and methodical, we saw that in his book. He didn’t
Erin Lewis
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 star Review Alexei (Chicago Blaze #5) by Brenda Rothert

Although this is the fifth book in the series, it is a stand alone and it is not necessary to have read the previous books. However, do yourselves a favour if you haven’t read them and one click.

Alexei is so swoon worthy, perhaps because there is so much more to him than just being a bad boy hockey player. His strength and determination in overcoming his self inflicted injuries as well as his addiction was inspiring.

I freely admit to
Dotti Elrick
3.5 Stars
It was OK.
This was a slow burn/forbidden romance.
Most of Alexei and Graysen’s story takes place while he is in rehab. The patients and his therapist. There is attraction on both parts from the very beginning. But never acted on.
Alexei’s partying has finally landed him in serious trouble. Injured and released from his team, his only hope of salvaging his career is to complete the rehab treatment. He’s forced to take a long hard look into his life, and slowly peels away the layers to
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Alexei knows he has really hit rock bottom and run out of chances when he wakes up in hospital after being in a medically induced coma for 72 hours. He is on the verge of losing everything he has worked so hard for in his NFL hockey career as well as the respect of his brother Anton. His actions could have life changing consequences if he doesn’t do something about his lifestyle now.

He agrees to go to rehab and deal with not just his drinking but the reasons behind his behaviour. He has always
Caroline F
This was a super story, which dug deep into addiction and how it affects everyone in the addict's life.

"We're clearly incompatible, but I can't deny she's attractive, in a sexy librarian kind of way."

Alexei Petrov is a well-known good-time guy. He loves to have fun - drinking, women and hockey. Unfortunately, one fun night leads to him in a coma. On waking, he finds out that his career is on the line and the only way to redeem it is by going into rehab.

"The therapist in me thinks his
Diane Lynch
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brenda Rothert’s Alexei (Chicago Blaze #5) has an epic comeback. Alexei Petrov is the brother of Chicago Blaze captain Anton (Chicago Blaze #1). Anton didn’t paint a pretty picture of Alexei. After DUI car crash, Alexei is released from the Comets. Blaze team owner, Oliver Durand, offers Alexei the opportunity to play for the Blaze contingent on cleaning up his act, entering rehab, and healing his injuries. Alexei didn’t plan on his feeling for his rehab group leader Dr. Graysen Wells. This ...more
Jackie Wright
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexei is book 5 in the Chicago Blaze Series but it can certainly be read as a stand-alone and its a must read for all lovers of hockey romance as well as romance lovers.
Brenda Rothert has given us an emotional roller coaster that will make you smile, have you shearing a tear and at times have you screaming at your e-reader. Alexei is a beautifully written love story that touched me on so many levels, I was captivated by Alexei and his group at the rehab centre and I found myself hoping and
Joelle
This was a first time author for us and we have to say that our first time read by them was quite enjoyable.

We enjoyed the story it was heart felt and engaging and had character's that were all flawed.This story had a serious under- tone and had it's character's living with some sort of addiction some owning it and others others refusing to face their reality just yet.

Alexei was one of those cocky bad boys that never thought about much more than his next party and next willing women until a
Tracey
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wordpress

I knew going into this book that I would be meeting a man at a crossroads. Because Alexei Petrov has been the proverbial bad boy of hockey, leaving a trail of bad behavior that his brother and his team has had to clean up. But now it's time for him to deal with his demons. Forced to enter rehab or lose the opportunity to play hockey, Alexei is about the start down a road of both discovery and recovery.

Grayson Wells has her work cut out for her. Faced with a man that doesn't want to admit that he
Mari
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alexei is probably one the most serious themes tackled in the Blazes series dealing with addiction and alcoholics. If you've followed along we know Alexei is Anton's brother. He's been an excessive partier and drinker always in trouble. This time he hit rock bottom he crashed into a barn was in a coma and hurt himself. His team released him and the owner of the Chicago Blaze gave him a second chance if he completes rehab and gets back in shape plus stays sober. I have to note Alexei's kinda ...more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: missy
The life of a professional hockey player is one of privilege and decadence. And Alexei Petrov has certainly lived his life to the fullest. In excess. And after almost killing himself by driving drunk, the only way he’ll be able to continue to play the sport he loves is if he goes to rehab. How hard can it be, right? He can stop anytime—he’s not an addict or an alcoholic.

Too bad he’s in denial.

Alexei is the story of a man who’s a bit broken and while on his path to recovery, discovers the perfect
Gin
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow! This was an emotional story with a serious storyline that I was not expecting. Addiction, rehab and recovery. I certainly didn’t think this would be the sexy Russian’s story but party boy Alexei really pulled a big one when his partying ways landed him in the hospital with serious injuries. He finds he’s out of a job and may never play again. Yikes! He is also forced to admit to his drinking problem and go into a rehab program if he wants a chance to play again. His tough as nails rehab ...more
Kim
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brenda Rothert, to me, is the queen of taking normal, clichéd topics and turning them into romantic masterpieces. There are a lot of books featuring pro male athletes (or any man in a position of power) falling in love with women who, technically, work for/with them out in the world. “Alexei,” though, is a bit more intense.

He’s a pro hockey player; she’s his sobriety therapist. Rothert takes ultra-sensitive topics, hand-holds her readers through unfathomable and incredibly complex journeys with
Jennifer Pierson
Alexei is a crazy amazing story about two flawed people with read problems. See, he (Alexei) thinks he has life by the tail, except he has a problem which is destroying things little by little until he has no choice but to get sober since he's been given an ultimatum after a HUGE mistake. He has to, or the owner of his new hockey team will send him down to the minors in hockey, and he really isn't having any of that. He checks himself into rehab, and comes face to face with Greysen who becomes a ...more
Carol Seymour
Kari Hansen
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexei has always had a reputation of being the life of the party and enjoying women and alcohol to the excesses but he has always refused to acknowledge that while in the beginning it may have been a choice it is now a necessity. When his latest escape finds him about to lose the hockey career he values about all else he agrees to go into rehab just to please others but his counselor is not about to let that happen.

Graysen is a woman who is determined to use her past to help other. She is drawn
Chris
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you love hockey and you love romance then you should check out Alexei! It is not just your average hockey romance story since most of it takes place in an alcohol rehab center but that is what I like best about this story. It is unique and puts our hot alpha hockey man, Alexei in a vulnerable situation where he has to come to terms with why he is living his life this way and he also needs to take responsibility for his mistakes. What he didn’t expect to find through his journey was this ...more
Amber - TBR Book Blog
I MIGHT have read this book from start to finish at work (don't tell)! I was THAT into Alexei and his story! First off, Brenda Rothert is one of my go-to authors! I know that I will read an AMAZING story once I open the cover (or tap on the cover on my Kindle) of any of her stories. Plus, I love sports stories - even hockey which I know less than nothing about. And a wounded male lead character? I'm SOLD! And Alexei did not disappoint.

You do not read to the other books in the Chicago Blaze
Jenifer
There's only one way to go from rock bottom
The road up from rock bottom is a hard bumpy climb. Seeing big tough hockey stud realize how vulnerable he is and get his therapist to actually gain some insight into her own demons was very touching. They support and compliment each other perfectly. And try to see a future together, if possible. Not just recovering from alcohol but recovering- or discovering - their best life.
I had the same problem with this book as I do with all Brenda Rothert books:
Becky Claxon
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this Chicago Blaze series. Alexei and Anton are twins from Russia. Alexei has always been the bad boy and getting into trouble. When he gets himself into some real trouble, he has to go to rehab. This is where he meets his therapist, Graysen. I wasn’t crazy about Alexei in past books, but I was glad to see another side to him in this book. I have always heard that many people have to hit rock bottom before they get help. Alexei hit his bottom and found some truths about himself he never ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• This Is Forever (This is, #4)
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • Shutout (Scoring #1)
  • Power Play (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #2)
  • Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks, #4)
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • One Timer (Nashville Assassins, #17)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Saving Sara (Alaska Blizzard Book 5)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
  • Dream With Me (With Me In Seattle, #13)
  • Koyn (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa #1)
  • Instacrush (Rookie Rebels #2)
  • Blood Lust (Royal Bastards MC)
  • Just One Touch (The Carter Brothers Book 2)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Code Name: Heist (Jameson Force Security, #3)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
Brenda Rothert is the author of more than thirty Contemporary Romance novels. You can learn more about her books at her website, www.brendarothert.com, which features teasers, excerpts and trailers for her books. Follow her here:

Twitter: http://goo.gl/wYVa6E

Pinterest: http://goo.gl/tYSU3n

Website: http://brendarothert.com/

Goodreads: http://goo.gl/k2ueHQ

Amazon: http://goo.gl/47Va5y

B&N:

Chicago Blaze (5 books)
  • Anton (Chicago Blaze, #1)
  • Luca (Chicago Blaze, #2)
  • Victor (Chicago Blaze, #3)
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)