Start by marking “Hard Justice (Cobra Elite, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hard Justice (Cobra Elite, #3)

Hard Justice

(Cobra Elite #3)

Published December 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hard Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Justice

Start your review of Hard Justice (Cobra Elite, #3)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Hard Justice was a bloody fantastic read and an easily earned 5 star read!

I would describe this as a friends to lovers romance. Quinn and Elizabeth work together in personal security. The company has a no fraternizing policy which has kept these two from acting on their attraction. That all changes when on their down time from work, Elizabeth flies to Glasgow to help Quinn find out who murdered his best friend.

I enjoyed the couple. I enjoyed the plot, and I especially enjoyed how it ended. This
Cindy
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We're takin on another grand adventure this time to the land of Glasgow where we get plenty of Glaswegian speak to melt your heart and panties.. After reading this book I had to go out to YouTube and watch a how to speak Glaswegian video.

Other than the beginning and towards the end Quinn McManus and fellow Cobra International team member Elizabeth Shields are on their own in Glasgow on a personal mission to find who killed Quinn's best friend from his SAS days. Even though these two had been
Dali
Pamela Clare adds to her Cobra Elite series with a riveting romantic suspense centering on sexy operative Quinn McManus and the sexy strategist Elizabeth Shields.

Ever since Elizabeth met the Special Air Service Scotsman, she’s found him alluring, yet even though they’ve flirted here and there but the no fraternization rule between employees prevents them from crossing the line from friends to lovers. That doesn’t mean she’s not allowed to help him when his best friend is found murdered.

When
Jacks
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the book I’ve been waiting for, and I stayed up all night to read it. If you know Pamela Clare’s work at all, you know nobody writes a Scotsman like she does (think MacKinnon’s Rangers). So when I heard Quinn McManus was next up in the Cobra series, I had this book one-clicked in my mind way before the order link went up. Likely way before the author had a single word on the page! Quinn is everything you want in a hero, and more.

I was particularly excited because Quinn and heroine
Saunders
A Scot wae a lot!

review coming
Xliaf27
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 AMAZING STARS!!!*****

Wow. Elizabeth and Quinn's interactions is so CUTE.
The series is getting much better and better.
This reminds me of Mackinnon Rangers which is my favorite series of all time.
Thank you for such writing wonderful stories Pamela Clare.
Pat
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Be prepared to not be able to put this book down once you start it! Keep some tissues handy also.

This third book in the Cobra Elite Series, starts with a flashback of a harrowing escape, then goes full force into the first chapter.
Quinn McManus is a Cobra operator who was formerly in British Special Forces. He’s a bit of a loner, and loves his whiskey. He has been flirting with Elizabeth Shields (former CIA) and they have a good relationship, but the no fraternization rule of the company is
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Okay, I’m the first to admit I’m a sucker for any story with a Scotsman. Especially one who wears a kilt (wink)! Quinn was rough around the edges, had a heart of gold, and was a marshmallow when it came to his feelings for Elizabeth. I loved this guy! He just had so many unexpected layers to his personality!

Elizabeth was also easy to love. She’s wicked smart and uses her intelligence chasing bad guys. She’s been burned in the relationship department before and he held off on anything with
Sandy S
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date December 17, 2019

Elizabeth Shields has always craved adventure. That’s why she went to work for the CIA straight out of college. That’s probably also the reason she feels drawn to Quinn McManus, a veteran of the British Special Air Service. The big Scotsman gives off a dangerous vibe that she can’t resist. Yet, resist she must. She and Quinn both work for Cobra International Security, which has a strict policy against hook-ups between employees, and she’s too
Christine
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Pamela Clare set a sexy romantic suspense in Scotland with a burly ginger Scot? Sign me up. I've had mixed feelings about the Cobra Elite series so far, but after reading Quinn and Elizabeth's story, I'm firmly back in the fan club. This is a quick-moving dance between two operatives who have been fighting a slow burn pants feelings towards each other for years but now have only days to solve a murder. No big deal, right?

The best part of Quinn and Elizabeth's story, imo, is that Quinn is not
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one get's 3 1/2 rounded up to 4 stars.
I haven't read the previous books in the series, but I think that this one worked well as a stand-alone. This is a romantic suspense with a bit of a murder mystery to get to the bottom of along the way. There's plenty of action and plenty of heat in the romance department.
Set in Scotland with a Glaswegian lead, lots of the book is written with a 'Scottish' dialect which for the most part was fairly well done. The author had clearly done quite a bit
Nikki Brooks
Elizabeth aka Lilibet used to work for the CIA as an Analyst but always wanted to be on the pointy end of the action. Can't a girl get a little adventure? Well she's getting a lot more adventure than she bargained for!

Quinn barely returns from a mission before he gets the devastating news that his best friend has been killed back in Glasgow. He pretty much cuts and runs and after meeting the local Detective in charge, he's decided he can do better himself!

He gets some unexpected help from
Darcy
I love how friendship was at the center of this one. That Quinn knew his friend didn't die doing bad things and how he was prepared to do whatever it took to find out how killed him. Of course having Elizabeth there helped, she didn't have the problem of being too close to things to see. And of course you knew their attraction would explode...and man did it ever. I loved how each of them were all in once that line was crossed, that they knew time would be short due to their jobs and the company ...more
S.M.M.
Pamela Clare is an auto-buy author for me and this did not disappoint.

The last couple of books (Kindle unlimited novellas) I read were pure hot garbage and it was so refreshing to get some actually chemistry and tasteful love scenes. Just *chef's kiss*

As for the plot, I was pleasantly surprised to find I didn't know who the bad guy was until the end. It didn't do anything particularly amazing, but I was definitely engaged the whole time.

There is a little less action and a little more mystery,
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received for review

Elizabeth helps Quinn track down the murderer of his best bud. Sparks have been flying between Quinn and Elizabeth for a while. It was nice to see them finally get together, and boy were they hot when they did. It was nice to see the other Cobra peeps for a minute. Now who's gonna fall next...
RiriRomantiques
Sweet and tender with a killer suspense.
Plus it makes you (re)discover Scotland with its historical places and food.
Charlene
I'm a sucker for a man in a kilt...and Quinn fit the bill quite nicely! Loved this latest entry to the Cobra Elite series. Quinn was a strong, caring hero and "Lilibet" a strong, intelligent heroine. Just the way I like them!

Anita
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-supense, arc

This book is the reason I love the Romantic-Suspense genre so much. Scorching hot romance, characters that need each other to solve a mystery and an HEA. More, so much more than the Romance genre can ever deliver.

Elizabeth Shields loves her job at Cobra International Security and the adventure that comes with being their top analyst. Two years ago while on a Cobra assignment,
E-Reader Addict
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
After a less-than-stellar 2019 reading year, it was SUCH a relief to end on a book that I wasn’t able to put down!

Quinn McManus and Elizabeth Shields work for Cobra International Securities, which is why - even though they've both enjoy their shameless flirtations for years - they can’t take their strong attraction any further.

When Quinn heads home to Scotland after the news that his best friend has been murdered, he doesn’t believe the police report that the murder was a drug-related robbery.
Carola Zacarías
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is a real delight to read a book by this author. She has long become my favorite author of Romantic Suspense and although I had a while without reading any of her work, I enjoyed finding an addictive novel of my favorite genre again.

Pamela Clare, who has a very fluid prose for creating thrillers and romance, has a gift for spinning these two plots into stories that become addictive from the beginning.

Hard Justice, is the third book in the Cobra Elite series, a spin-off born of the I-Team
Christine
A very good read and an interesting addition to the Cobra Elite group. I have been reading about our heroes in this series going into wild and exotic places. In this book we follow Quinn McManus home to Glasgow, Scotland to help him grieve over the loss of someone dear to him. The setting put me back on my heels a bit because there is no sand, war torn villages or lush jungles for our H&H to slog through. There is wildly genteel setting of Glasgow to serve as the backdrop for something ...more
Colour Me Purple
Hard Justice is Book 3 in this amazing author’s Cobra Elite series.

Set in Scotland, this book tells the story of Cobra operatives Quinn McManus and Elizabeth Shields, two people who have long been attracted to each other, but who have always obeyed the Cobra “No Fraternization” rule. The story differs from the first two books in the series in that it follows Quinn and Shields on a personal mission rather than following a Cobra International project into dangerous situations.

Quinn is
Teresa
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I received a copy of Hard Justice from Net Galley and Victory Editing in exchange for a honest and voluntary review. My opinions were not solicited in any way. **

Hard Justice (Cobra Elite # 3) by Pamela Clare is the third book in her Cobra Security series and I have to say that Quinn McManus and Elizabeth Shields story was the best yet. I mean who can go wrong with a kilt wearing Scotsman and Lilibet who finally gives into her feeling for Quinn. Let's say the two of them are combustible
Jessica (the naptime writer)
I’m still buzzing a little from reading one of my favorite books of the year at the final hour. Pamela Clare’s HARD JUSTICE took me on a wild ride/hijacked my attention/made me fall in love with a giant, Scottish ginger (and if I imagined him as looking like Tormund from GOT that’s no one’s business but mine).
This book is fantastic, with killer steam and sweet, caring moments, too; it’s an adrenaline-fueled murder investigation and a love story with two long-time coworkers finally succumbing
Paula
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hard Justice the story I had been waiting for by Pamela Clare. Quinn McManus, what a Scotsman, and Elizabeth Shields, smart analyst, both work for Cobra International Security. This makes any kind of romantic relationship a big no-no. However, if you have read the series you feel the attraction that these two have had for each other. If not, well, that’s okay, it will read fine as a stand-alone. Just a warning though, the opening prologue will entice you to read Hard Target.

To Scotland, home
Heather
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Even though this is book three in the Cobra Elite series,it can easily be read as a stand alone novel. The story really does not rely on the characters from previous books in the series although there is some mention of them. This was a fast moving romantic suspense novel centered around one of the Cobra members, Quinn, investigating the murder of his best friend, Jack. While the police suspect that Jack was involved with the drug trade, Quinn knows that his friend and fellow soldier would never ...more
Judy C
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where to start there is so much that I love about Pamela Clare books! This is the story about Quinn and Elizabeth both part of a special team that operate out of the box. Quinn goes back to Scotland for his best friend funeral but also to find out what happened. He knows there is now way his murder went down the way the cops are playing it. These two men of were special forces and nothing is making sense. Elizabeth wants to help him but she can’t break the rules he wants her to break. She has ...more
Carolyn's
Huge fan of the I-Team series, Colorado High Country and if course, this Cobra Elite series. Pamela Clare has a knack for writing an intense, thrilling and sexy book. Quinn McManus personifies sexy Scotsman- big, brauny, red hair, accent to die for. He loves flirty with the sexy Elizabeth Shields and see gives as good a flirt as she gets. Elizabeth is sexy and super smart and loves interacting with Quinn, just knows with them being co workers for Cobra Security they can't break the ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Explosive Vengeance (Vengeance, #3)
  • Winter Hawk (Evidence, #9)
  • Colder Than Sin (Cold Justice: Crossfire, #2)
  • Trouble After Dark (Gansett Island, #19)
  • Lethal Balance (Sons of the Survivalist, #2)
  • Bishop's Queen (Endgame Trilogy, #2)
  • Echo (Linear Tactical #7)
  • Risk It All (Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters #2)
  • Covert Vengeance (Vengeance, #2)
  • Dark Memento (Verona Bay, #1)
  • Cold & Deadly (Cold Justice: Crossfire, #1)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • Stealing Vengeance (Vengeance, #1)
  • The Intended Victim (The Agency #4)
  • Lethal Redemption (Steele Ops, #2)
  • Black Tie (Black's Bandits #2)
  • Fatal Accusation (Fatal, #15)
  • One Hot Holiday
USA Today best-selling author Pamela Clare began her writing career as a columnist and investigative reporter and eventually became the first woman editor-in-chief of two different newspapers. Along the way, she and her team won numerous state and national honors, including the First Amendment Award and the National Journalism Award for Public Service. In 2011, she was honored by the Colorado Pro ...more

Cobra Elite (3 books)
  • Hard Target (Cobra Elite, #1)
  • Hard Asset (Cobra Elite, #2)