Start by marking “The Necromancer's Library (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #12)” as Want to Read:
The Necromancer's Library (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #12)

The Necromancer's Library

(Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #12)

The antebellum mansion sits isolated in the overgrown countryside like a forgotten temple. Within it lie the dark, twisting paths of a private library possessing secrets from across the ages. The collection of ancient and medieval occult manuscripts tell of conjuring spirits and raising the dead, of making contact with supernatural realms and beings usually forbidden to li ...more
Published April 30th 2020 (first published April 26th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Necromancer's Library, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Necromancer's Library

Start your review of The Necromancer's Library (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #12)
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
This series has been so much fun from the very beginning and truly does seem to get even better with each new adventure. I adore a good ghost story and Bryan always delivers with one that will not only have chills running up and down my spine the whole time, eagerly turning the pages, but also one that makes me leave the lights on because, you know, ghosts! Who doesn't love a good ghost story after all?

The kind that makes you shudder and question those bumps in the night. The kind that have you
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

It's been a hot minute since I read the last Ellie Jordan book, so I was really excited to dive into this one! I missed Ellie and Stacey and their fun bickering! 😂 And things get even more fun once Jacob arrives! The quips between the characters is one of my favorite things about this series! And just the characters in general! I love Jacob and Ellie and Stacey who is just really sassy and bubbly! I love her!

The house they investigate in this book sounds incredible
judith stonier
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As good as ever

I enjoyed this book as much as all the others in this series my only problem being I couldn’t put it down so finished it too quickly ! But having preordered number 13 I have something to look forward to
Finn
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Scary fun

One of my fave series. Ellie and Stacey are wonderful characters and Jacob too. And the book has actual scary parts unlike a lot of other horror books I've read. On to the next one...
d.mcnicholas
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
The library of the Damned

I was so happy to return to the world of Ellie Jordan and , once again, I was not disappointed. This another was a tough job for Ellie and the ever optimistic Stacey. Especially after the last ordeal they had fighting Ellie's personal demon. She was victorious but it cost her a great deal. You'd think the spooks would give her a break but no. The duo make their long journey to a old plantation mansion house, owner by a mysterious Professor who'd recently departed for The
Kelly
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's GOOD to be back in Ellie's crazy, dangerous world. She's vanquished her own demons and she's pretty level-headed when it comes to trying to help those who need it most. Case in point: Cherise and Aria's situation.

A house where all signs point to it being haunted. A library with a questionable (and sometimes downright icky) collection. Things that go bump in the night. Ellie isn't the type to walk away from someone who needs her help even if they're not thrilled her help is needed in the fir
Michelle
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received The Necromancer’s Library from the author for review. I’ve really enjoyed this series and was really excited to get hold of a copy for review.

The book picks up with Ellie and Stacey travelling to a house to investigate a haunting, but upon arrival find out that things aren’t what they seem. After introductions and investigations they stay on, ready to investigate this haunted house and find out who or what is haunting the occupiers.

I love the Ellie Jordan series and look forward to ea
Shirley
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even though this is the 12th book in the Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper series, it’s not getting old… if anything, each book makes me want more. The stories and adventures are all fresh, the ghosts are terrifying, the locations are all unique and spooky and the characters are full of wit and their personalities are a perfect balance to each other. Yeah, it’s not hard to tell that I’m kinda in love with Ellie and her crew. 😉

The Necromancer’s Library was not what I expected, but that’s nothing new wh
April
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love but need Love

This is a typical Ellie Jordan book. All the aspects I like about this series. Scary ghosts, haunting imagery, and gasp out loud scenes. All good, but typical. I guess I was expecting more. I mean the last two books were a lot. Especially Fire Devil. I was ready to know the aftermath of all that intensity. But this barely touched on any of it. I find it strange. The end with Ellie and Michael is sweet but generic. They mention the recent past but without depth. I want more on t
Margaret
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another Cracking Read!

Ellie and Stacey head off to a mansion where a young student and her sister are living whilst the older girl has been hired to catalogue the vast library in order to inherit the former owner's estate.
The older sister takes some convincing that her sister feels like the house is haunted and doesn't really want Ellie to hold up her work to investigate the strange occurences.

The story is centred mainly around the late owner and I marvel at the way JL creates his ghostly charac
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Once again Bryan proves, with his 12th Ellie Jordan book, that he could keep the stories unique and coming forever. Ellie and Stacey find themselves in an old library with stories that rival the most fearsome of ghost tales.

I am one of those that love a good zombie story and never gets too scared. But guys, this one freaked me the freak out. All his books do. This one seemed to really get to me. Maybe it has been a minute since I read the last book of this series and my mind forgot that Bryan g
Swaypippin
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved it!

I loved this, the 13th, Ellie Jordan book! It wasn’t as slow to get to the point as some have been but I think it may have also seemed shorter. I didn’t like the face that calvin seemed to be an after thought and Anton Clay is barely mentioned. Speaking of... I feel like I missed something entirely with him. Any hoo, the haunted library was totally awesome! Throw backs to ghostbusters and all kinds of fun 80’s-90’s stuff made me laugh.

Can not wait for the next one.
Karel
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Return of Ellie Jordan!!

It has been a long time since we last saw Ellie Jordan and her friends in action and boy have I missed her! The investigators are invited to a creepy expansive mansion. It is not your normal mansion however as almost every wall is filled with bookshelves stuffed with books. The books belonged to a Professor who apparently dabbled in the occult. The mansion appears to be haunted and Ellie and her crew are drawn into a horrifying haunting. Will they be able to unravel t
Terry
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good but not as great

I have loved this series since book 1 and was so excited to read it. While I liked it I didnt love it as much as the previous ones. Most of the books in this series pull me in right from the start and make me want to keep reading to the end. This one seemed a little slow going up until the very end. Then it was over. Never the less thou...I cant wait for the next book!
Lesley Hewitt
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I really enjoyed reading this book. Ellie and Stacey go to a mansion that is haunted by two spirits and a demon type being which sucks everything people. One of the spirits is chained to a book he wrote about bringing people back from the dead. The other is the man who did the rituals from the book and it all went wrong. Ellie and Stacey have to call Jacob to help. I can't wait for the next book.
Linda
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once again, the latest book in the Ellie Jordan series provides serious action and chills galore as Ellie and Stacy agree to help two sisters by investigating strange occurrences in their present home. Is it just coincidental noises or something more sinister lurking in this mansion filled with seriously creepy historical books...books that the older sister has been charged with cataloguing within a deadline of one year. Each story gets spookier and I can’t wait for #13 to be published.
Chris Austen
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

This author's books are always so very good a this one was no exception. I truly enjoy these books. You can read the series from the beginning but each book is a self-contained story. Great characters and plots. This was about a rambling, huge haunted library in an old mansion. It was so well written that I could see the library in my mind. I loved it. Thanks for the great book. I can hardly wait for the next one.
Courtney Maralis
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love the series. It is a great spooky read. I love the relationships the characters have with each other. I also like that even though there is romantic interests that part of the story does not over shadow the ghosts and mayhem. The author does a great job of keeping the stories fresh and different each time without getting so far our there that it is unbelievable. I would recommend the series to any paranormal fiction buff.
Lacey
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Yay! Back to the classic Ellie vs. Haunted House stories that I love. I got some good creep factor from this one. My only complaint is against the proof reader. Come on, when there are mistakes so obvious that it detracts from the story you should be fired. Ellie can't run down a hall barefoot and then kick in a door wearing her boots. I loved the ghost action in this story, especially as it pertained to the library.
Cindy
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
What first looks like a book lovers dream turns into a library of horrors. Ghost Trapper Ellie Jordan is back with another scary addition to the series. I swear when I read these books I hear strange noises throughout the house which just amplifies your emotions while reading. The author has a knack of making you laugh along with scaring the bejesus out of you.
Paranormal Books R Us
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Necromancer's Library Review

Wonderfully spooky as always. I always enjoy the detail Bryan puts into the ghosts and their origins and I really like Ellie and her crew. I can't even begin to imagine how he come up with it all. But they make for a good creepy read and I would recommend checking it out.
Diane Worthen
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What's worse than a haunted library?

I love the Ellie Jordan books and this was another winner. If you haven't read any Ellie Jordan books, you really need to. Then you'll understand that there's a Lot of things worse than a haunted library, especially in a haunted house in rural Georgia.
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
Another interesting visit with the Scooby gang...lol

I really enjoyed this book as well as the series so far. The combination of humor with the spooky dark side of ghosts is so fun. Witty dialogue as well as scary fun is just what I needed for my book slump. Having read all 12 books this month. I’m looking forward to more.
John Stevenson
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Been a wee while since I read the last one in the series. Forgot how much scary fun these books are. This one had the hair on my arms tingling a couple times. Damn fine story telling, though, as usual, I find too many typographical errors. Bought The Trailwalker at the same time, so starting that next.
C CHRISTOFOROU
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading to this one.

I suppose you shouldn't really enjoy a book about hauntings, but the way the story unfolds, with Ellie leading us through the haunting, and lots of action, keeps you engrossed. She saves the day, as usual leaving the way open for much more to come.
Melissa
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!

Once again, JL Bryan writes a great mystery! I love the Ellie Jordan mysteries and this book was just as great as the 11 before it. I read the whole book in 1 day! Can't wait for #13!!
Jenn
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Only complaint is the proofreading

Loved the book as always. My only comment is that the book needs a better proofreading than it got. Quite a few mistakes and I was reading as quickly as I could.
Kim
Nov 11, 2020 added it
I always enjoy these books. They're pretty light even with the dark and ghostly happenings, and the settings are great. This one was an old library in an old, haunted mansion, so it was an especially fun setting.
Jo Anna Part
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love 💘

I am absolutely in love with this series, all the characters you just connect with and it's so well written you feel as if you are there! I recommend this series to everyone!
Michelle Burgess
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great

Great read as always, couldn’t put the book down. Can’t wait for the next one in a couple of monthsz

• Enduring Spirits (Witches of Palmetto Point, #10)
  • Never Dead (Welcome To Dead House #1)
  • Always Dead (Welcome To Dead House #2)
  • Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues (Mystic Bayou, #2.5)
  • How to Date Your Dragon (Mystic Bayou, #1)
  • The Ghost of a Memory (Haunting Danielle Book 25)
  • The Ghost and the Silver Scream (Haunting Danielle Book 24)
  • Myth and Malice (Haunted Series Book 30)
  • City of Ghosts (Death Hunter #1)
  • Bad Omens (Witches of Palmetto Point #9)
  • Ghostly Business (A Harper Harlow Mystery#15)
  • Wicked Ever After (The Hex Files: Mysteries from the Sixth Borough, #7)
  • Wicked Twist of Fate (The Hex Files: Mysteries from the Sixth Borough, #6)
  • The Gray Lady of Wilmer (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 15)
  • The Ghost of Old Coal House
  • Lost Child
  • From Mist and Steam
  • Foretold (Necromancer's Blight, #1)
J.L. Bryan studied English literature at the University of Georgia and at Oxford, with a focus on English Renaissance and Romantic literature. He also studied screenwriting at UCLA. He lives in the metro Atlanta sprawl with his wife Christina, where he spends most of his day serving the toddler and animal community inside his house. He is the author of the Paranormals series and the Songs of Magic ...more

Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #1)
  • Cold Shadows (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #2)
  • The Crawling Darkness (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #3)
  • Terminal  (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #4)
  • House of Whispers (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #5)
  • Maze of Souls (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #6)
  • Lullaby (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #7)
  • The Keeper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #8)
  • The Tower (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #9)
  • The Monster Museum (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #10)

News & Interviews