Start by marking “How to Kiss a Guy in Ten Days (Edenvale Arts High School #1)” as Want to Read:
How to Kiss a Guy in Ten Days (Edenvale Arts High School #1)

How to Kiss a Guy in Ten Days (Edenvale Arts High School #1)

Spoiler alert: It was supposed to be a pretend relationship, so why are they getting all the feels?

Hannah

When my dad went to jail, my world flipped upside down. Even my boyfriend wanted to take a break. But I've got a brilliant plan to show him what he's been missing since he broke my heart.

Enter the cute new guy-Seth Spark.

Seth

When Hannah Mitchell, a girl completely out
Published January 10th 2020 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about How to Kiss a Guy in Ten Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Kiss a Guy in Ten Days

Start your review of How to Kiss a Guy in Ten Days (Edenvale Arts High School #1)
Chloe (aka Crystal)
Recommended Age: High school age and older, if the reader is mature enough to handle clean romance.

As most of you who follow me have probably noticed, I haven’t been as active in the book community the past year. For 2020, one of my goals is to get back into reading more. I went through my email and I found I had the opportunity to review this book for the author. Honestly, it sounded just like my cup of tea and would help me get back into reviewing!

I don’t tend to read a bunch of modern day
MJSH
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a delightful YA romance! Liwen Y Ho always writes fun and clean contemporary romance and I’m so happy that she’s venturing into YA world with Brandon and Brie Spark’s son Seth. Even if you haven’t read the Spark Brothers series, you will enjoy this book as we fast-forward in time to watch Seth enter a new high school and experience his passion for dance and his first love. If you have been following the Spark brothers, you will cherish seeing Brandon again as a father of two and growing up ...more
Mylissa Demeyere
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Liwen Ho is a new author for me. I thought this was a fun read, good for teenagers or readers who enjoy YA. Both characthers are sweet and can relate well to each other. I felt the writing was strong and had me feeling the feels and relating to each of the main leads, but most of all to Seth.
SℓιM
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How you fall in love in 10 days!!!!

***splash spoilers all through this review***

I enjoy this book. I realize that this book is new. I was glad I liked it and can't wait for the next book to come out with Ava (Hannah) best friend and her (Hannah) brother Liam. I agreed with Seth at the end because she knew something might be going on between Ava and Liam. & Hannah denied it... I can't wait until she sees that Seth was right & I hope she'll be happy
Vibliophile
Sweet but bumpy ride

This seems better suited for a younger audience than YA - more like jr high to maaybe early high school.

It's a well constructed story with likeable characters, but has a rather sedate pace & spends a lot of time in the protagonists' heads.

I really liked the idea of a performing arts high school, like in "Fame", but was disappointed that the story didn't really do much with it.

Some of the plot points that bugged me:
Hannah & Ava hung out with Seth initially to make
Phyllis
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A sweet and funny high school romance

This is the first Young Adult book author Liwen Ho has written. But I have enjoyed many of her other stories so it wasn't a stretch to think I would like this one.

How to Kiss a Guy in Ten Days is a sweet and funny high school romance. I liked that they were only sophomores. For some reason, that seemed just right.

Seth was the sweet, insecure-but-handsome nephew of the founders of the Fine Arts school he now attended. He tried really hard not to let anyone
Victoria
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you love the innocence and beauty of a first love—the excitement of holding hands and the thrill of a first kiss? I do. I wish we could hold on to those big first feelings forever. I wasn’t sure whether or not I would enjoy this YA genre but I loved Liwen Ho’s Spark Brothers series and this new series is a spin-off so I decided to give it a try. I’m so glad I did!

This is the story of Hannah, one of the most popular girls at a high school for the performing arts, and Seth Spark, stepson of
Pris
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, favorites, lrobb, lroa
How To Kiss a Guy in 10 Days was such a sweet read! It's been forever since I've read a YA book that tugged at my heartstrings and made me root for both MCs. Seth and Hannah were just so cute together, and even though we had previously met Seth in his dad's book (A Sudden Spark), it was fun to see him after a few years had passed since then, and with struggles of his own. Of course, Hannah was just perfect for him, but what I liked the most was their friendship and how quickly it developed ...more
Rachael
I received an ARC of this book and I'm leaving my honest review

Here are the things made me want to read this story:

-It was a young adult/ coming of age romance

-The title of the book reminded me of the movie title "How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days" (PG-13 movie and one of my favorite movies)

-The description for the book said "fans of High School Musical and Zombies" and I love Disney Channel movies, (still at 27 years old)

-It's a fake relationship trope (one of my all-time favorites)

-The story has a
Lori R
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really liked how this book tied into the Sparks Brother's series which was one of my favorite series by Liwen Y. Ho. Seth is the stepson of Brandon Sparks and he attends Edenvale Arts High School owned by his aunt and uncle, Evan and Emma Sparks.

This was a sweet book of awkward, young love that started out as a planned, fake relationship to make an old boyfriend of Hannah's jealous. What happened instead is a cute story of teenage angst. Both Seth and Hannah are fun characters that I really
Regina
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, rom-com
Super-sweet YA rom-com with a lot of heart. And hairy eyeballs.

I absolutely adored Hannah and Seth (and Ava, and Liam, and Seth's mom and dad, and Hannah's Grammy...), the story had just the right amount of drama, and there were lots of funny and swoony moments that made me laugh or happy-sigh, respectively.

One of my favorite quotes:
"According to Nolan, Hannah was fine, with a capital F. I couldn’t agree more. She was fantastic, fun, and fascinating. And forgeous. Okay, that wasn’t a real
Melissa Hayford
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I usually don't enjoy YA books, but I loved the Spark family so much and wanted to see Seth as a teenager, so I decided to read it anyway. Mrs. Ho is such a good writer she pulled me right into the series and I was stuck. I'm even excited for the next story. Seth is such a sweet good kid. I love who he has grown into and sad for the challenges he has had. I was surprised by his love of dancing, but it was a nice twist to the story having them at a performing arts school. Hannah was also very ...more
Ashley
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed a lot but...

I enjoyed the book and really enjoyed the plot. I haven’t read books by this author before but I enjoy sweet romance so I will check out her Spark series for sure. The general plot has of course been done before: be my fake boyfriend to get back at my ex (well not quite ex in this case but a cheating boyfriend). The journey was really good though and showing the characters falling for each other. I thought the idea that each other missed cues was absolutely authentic,
Jeanne Okerlund
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a very sweet high school first love story. I loved each of the characters. They each have great personalities but also have real life problems. Dealing with the stress of life and being a teenager is a tough time in life. These kids have the opportunity to attend a school for the arts. They get to learn in the art they love dance, singing, drama etc.

The plan for Seth to be a fake boyfriend to Hannah is written just right. Ava, Hannah's best friend, is helping them look like a real
Franki
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Seth feels awkward and shy, but when given the opportunity to fake a relationship with Hannah, he’s thrilled to be starting classes at a new school.
Hannah is adjusting to a new life where her father is in prison, her mom works two jobs, and all of her friends have abandoned her, even her boyfriend.
A sweet story about the “spark” of first love and finding out what is truly important in the one you should choose to share a kiss with. I received an ARC of this book and am leaving a voluntary
Joan
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A dancer and a singer, what could go wrong?

It’s great when a couple of people truly “get” each other. That’s Seth and Hannah. They never guessed how easy it would be to be together. They never knew how the sparks could fly. I loved checking in with the Sparks Brothers, too. How to Kiss a Guy in Ten Days is a well written book. Liwen Ho drew me in from the beginning and I wanted to stay. Seth and Hannah are well developed characters who I like a lot. The conflict is realistic. And the chemistry
Karina
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How to Kiss a Guy in 10 Days by Liwen Y. Ho is a funny high school romance story. This is a story that is YA or early high school. While reading this you will remember all the feels from your first love, kiss and being young again. It was a very quick read. Ms. Ho wrote a cute and fun story which drew me right in, making me forget everything else and did not let me go until I turned the last page. I can’t wait to see what she has in store for us next.
Nari
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet YA romance. I really liked Seth and Hannah. Seth has a reserved personality but you can’t help instantly liking him. Hannah is unsure of what she wants and the reader feels for her. Ava and Luke are great side characters. I think they are getting a story of their own. Seth parents and Hannah’s mom are like able and add a nice family feel to the story. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to others.
Susan Carroll
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not just dancing

Seth is the very new guy at school, so why is that cute redhead waving him over? Hannah is desperate. After her long time boyfriend dumped her, she needs a new guy right away. A guy to make Bradley so jealous, he will come back to her. But what happens when her feelings for the pretend boyfriend become all too real? Difficult family situations keep this story real, and much more than just a teen romance.
Lenda Burns
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This book brought back memories of high school for me.
I could have been one of the characters.
This was a real to life story about teenage love.
The characters are so real and have a special connection.
'The plot could have been played out anywhere, it was so delightful.
I so enjoy this author.
Anna Meyer
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Camilla
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a sweet, not candy-coating YA read. Sincere characters with real-to-life conflict, angst, drama, issues, heartaches, and insecurities, but where hope and perseverance reign and lead us to a satisfying and lovely conclusion.

I received a copy from the author in an exchange for an honest review. These thoughts are my own.
Melissa Davison
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author of this book and this is my voluntary honest review!
This is a clean, sweet YA romance! I loved the storyline, and the characters and I don’t normally read YA! I really enjoyed this book!
Looking forward to the rest of the series!
Jan Stewart
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful book! I love the viewpoints of both the main characters and how they thought they were so different when they really weren't. Love how each character, even the secondary ones, adapt and grow as the story unfolds. A very sweet story of the awkward teen years.
Margaret Nelson
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This first book in a new series by Liwen Ho is targeted for young adults. I’m far from being a young adult, but still enjoyed the book a lot! It’s clean and sweet. It has good interactions between the characters, which are very believable. I look forward to reading more in this series.
Tabitha
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this sweet YA and look forward to the next one in the series.
Karen
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very cute. I decided to read her earlier series to learn about all the Spark brothers and their women.
Cathie
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.

Excellent storyline. The portrayal of teenage angst was great, and I loved the characters, including the parents.
Lisa
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute for younger teens/tweens.
Felichia Douglas
Jan 26, 2020

• The Billionaire's Alternate Marriage (Limitless Clean Billionaire Romance #4)
  • The Cowboy's Marriage Mistake (Sweet Water Ranch Western Cowboy Romance)
  • Gambling on a Gentleman: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (ABCs of Love)
  • Hollywood and Ivy
  • Run with My Heart (Texas Tornadoes #1)
  • Basketballs and Mistletoe: All's Fair in Love and Sports Series
  • Just a Boyfriend (End of the Line #2)
  • Trusting the Billionaire: A Single Dad Small-Town Romance (Sweet Billionaires of Shoals Island Book 1)
  • The Solicitor's Son (Serendipity #3)
  • Dare You to Kiss the Quarterback (Rock Valley High Book 1)
  • Country Hearts
  • Road Trip with a Nerd: A Sweet Young Adult Novella
  • Jesse and the Ice Princess (Gulf City High Book 1)
  • Her Best Friend Fake Fiancé: : Benton Billionaire Romance (Benton Brothers Romance Book 2)
  • That Sunflower Summer: Faith, family, forgiveness, and falling in love in Tuscany - four clean Christian romances
  • An Amish Sanctuary
  • Love in the Ballroom (Women of Worth Book 5)
  • Dating the Quarterback (The Bet Duet #2)
Liwen Y. Ho works as a chauffeur and referee by day (AKA being a stay at home mom) and a writer by night. She writes sweet and inspirational romance infused with heart, humor, and a taste of home (her Asian roots).

In her pre-author life, she received a Masters degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Western Seminary. She loves makeovers of all kinds, especially those of the heart and mind. She