Start by marking “Bring Me Your Love” as Want to Read:
Bring Me Your Love

Bring Me Your Love

Fifteen pages of story and illustrations.
Published May 31st 2002 by Ecco (first published June 5th 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Bring Me Your Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bring Me Your Love

Start your review of Bring Me Your Love
Paquita Maria Sanchez
Peanut butter and jelly, cigarettes and coffee, hot chocolate and marshmallows, tapatio and all things warm and edible...some combinations just work, ya know? Much like yin and yang, they twirl the night away in blissful harmony, seamlessly connected at all points of contact. Jalapenos in your spaghetti? Perfection! Edna's famous "Lunch Box"? The pride of Oklahoma alcoholism! R. Crumb and Charles Bukowski? Why in the hell didn't I think of that?

I came across this and one other Crumbukowski hybri
Zainab
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
What did I just read?
Patreesha
Jul 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who have felt unloved...
I read this very short book while sitting on a small footstool at Shakespeare Books on Broadway in the summer of 2006. A cat scratched me in the bookstore that day, and they let me go downstairs to wash it off in the hidden employee restroom. There was a very short (under 5 feet tall, I'd say) girl working down in the basement there, and in a short conversation with her, I noticed she had a very dry wit that I was immediately drawn to. I wanted to be her friend. I didn't say anything to her, tho ...more
Yuri
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here we find three excellent Bukowski short tales with a few illustrations by Crumb, which are a fitting companion to Bukowski's prose. A little expensive and quite short, but a very nice edition nevertheless that'll provide a good (half) hour of fun.
Rahil
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I felt sorry for Gloria, she's just a woman looking for love and care, like any of us.At the beginning I thought she just called him "whorefucker" , but I got disappointed when I found out he was lying at her, and that he was truly fucking them XD. The best sentence of this whole short story, is the one that figures as a title : BRING ME YOUR LOVE : " Bring me your love then, why the hell don't you bring me your love? " it's just .. Yummy and real !
Sicofonia
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Bukowski + Crumb = Unbeatable combination.
Norma Henry
Oct 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Well it was hilarious!
James
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
It took me 10 minutes to read this, which at the original cover price would come to a dollar a minute. Thankfully I didn't pay that. Bukowski and Crumb are a good fit, reminiscent of Crumb and Harvey Pekar's collaboration. But there's too little of either.
Tommy
Dec 20, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Bukowski fans, Crumb fans
Robert Crumb puts his illustrations to Bukowski's short story "Bring me your love" and the results are perfect. This matchup makes you want Crumb to illustrate or atleast design the covers for every Bukowski offer.
Kelly
May 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I've been wanting this for years and I finally ordered it. It came today and it was absolutely perfect. Crumb and Bukowski, what more could you ask for? A great short and ironic read. My 2011 story.
Andreia
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-books
Angie
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
People can literally drive you crazy.
Agata Kišić
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 quick fun read
dantheolumona | aviecayl uy
"Bring Me Your Love" by Charles Bukowski was an entertaining short story to devour in one-sitting!
Silvia
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Who considers 3 pages a book? It’s not even a magazine.
Blackastheace
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Too short.
Fatima
Aug 17, 2019 added it
Um why is this even published
Abhidev H M
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love...women...life. Damn everything sounds so Greek.
Onur
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good..
Mark Plaid
Apr 01, 2009 rated it liked it
I thought this thin volume was a manila file folder when I first spotted it on the shelf in the library. It's really an illustrated short story by king curmudgeons of sixties counter culture Charles Bukowski and R. Crumb. Don't let the tags fool you, this is not a comic. It looks a lot like a children's book with its large type and captioned illustrations. Don't let that fool you either, because Bukowski and Crumb are as adult as expected.

The story is classically Bukowski about a man visiting hi
Maximilian
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was very intrigued by this short story. When reading it, I didn't realize how short it was and we left slightly disappointed by its length. I feel as if this was a fantastic beginning to a much longer Bukowski masterpiece. Nonetheless, this is still a very fascinating story with beautiful artwork done by R. Crumb. Two of the most controversial artists of their time coming together on a story such as this is a great time in my book.
Zoe
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who like Crumb
It was ok. That's it. It's a tiny little short story. I was expecting more. I don't care for illustrations. I don't care that this book was illustrated by someone called Crumb. I don't know who Crumb is. This was a crumb of a book. I love Bukowski. His poetry is amazing and always moves me. I love his novels. Hell I even love his face. But this, this was just ok.
Constance
Read during high school. Not sure of the year but it was sometime before I met my husband. Probably a little after my 18th birthday. Everytime I see some hipster praise him I suggest they read Love for 17.50. Just to troll...Love for 17.50 can be found in the South of No North collection I believe...
Nathan
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, bukowski
"The doctor was a heavy man. He reeked of weight and responsibility and authority. His eyebrows looked thick and heavy, they were thick and heavy. They wanted to slide down into his wet circular mouth and vanish but life wouldn't let them"

This paragraph embodies why I love Bukowski so much and why I love this book so much.
Alex Schumacher
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm essentially giving this book four stars due to the illustration contributions from R. Crumb. While the story is palatable, and classic Bukowski, it's far too short for the asking price. If you are interested in Buk's shorter verse I would recommend diving into one of his collections such as South of No North.
John Gentry
Aug 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, bukowski
You know why this only got three stars? Because it didn't have enough Buk and it didn't have enough Crumb. It's really that simple. You find yourself both excited and disappointed at the same time and that's one feeling I really don't like. Therefore three stars. I guess you really can't win them all.
Carolyn
Feb 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
it's short, you can read it fast.
it has drawings by Robert Crumb.
Crumb and Bukowski.
Bukowski and Crumb.
they go together, an inspired combination.
I recommend this to anyone who likes Bukowski,
and/or Crumb.
Gharam El-Hendy
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Harry: "Gloria, it's your god-damned extreme paranoia that has put you where you are."

Gloria: "Fishhead, my paranoia has often been the forerunner of an approaching truth..."

One of my favorite lines. Ever.

• Adivinha quem não voltou pra casa?
  • The Final Programme
  • Özgürlüğün Görgüsü
  • The Letters of Vita Sackville-West and Virginia Woolf
  • Living a Feminist Life
  • El misterio de los bailarines; Lucero de plata
  • Arsène Lupin, Ladrão de Casaca (Mestres do Crime, #6) (Arsène Lupin, #1)
  • The Romantic Dogs
  • Nuestra parte de noche
  • El Principito
  • Hacé que la noche venga
  • I Never Liked You
Henry Charles Bukowski (born as Heinrich Karl Bukowski) was a German-born American poet, novelist and short story writer. His writing was influenced by the social, cultural and economic ambience of his home city of Los Angeles.It is marked by an emphasis on the ordinary lives of poor Americans, the act of writing, alcohol, relationships with women and the drudgery of work. Bukowski wrote thousands ...more

News & Interviews