Start by marking “Bring Me Your Love” as Want to Read:
Bring Me Your Love

Bring Me Your Love

Fifteen pages of story and illustrations.
Published May 31st 2002 by Ecco (first published June 5th 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Bring Me Your Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bring Me Your Love

Paquita Maria Sanchez
Peanut butter and jelly, cigarettes and coffee, hot chocolate and marshmallows, tapatio and all things warm and edible...some combinations just work, ya know? Much like yin and yang, they twirl the night away in blissful harmony, seamlessly connected at all points of contact. Jalapenos in your spaghetti? Perfection! Edna's famous "Lunch Box"? The pride of Oklahoma alcoholism! R. Crumb and Charles Bukowski? Why in the hell didn't I think of that?

I came across this and one other Crumbukowski hybri
Zainab
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
What did I just read?
Patreesha
Jul 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who have felt unloved...
I read this very short book while sitting on a small footstool at Shakespeare Books on Broadway in the summer of 2006. A cat scratched me in the bookstore that day, and they let me go downstairs to wash it off in the hidden employee restroom. There was a very short (under 5 feet tall, I'd say) girl working down in the basement there, and in a short conversation with her, I noticed she had a very dry wit that I was immediately drawn to. I wanted to be her friend. I didn't say anything to her, tho ...more
Adriana Scarpin
Sempre fiz um esforço descomunal para gostar da prosa do Bukowski e não consigo, aqui o resultado não é distinto, tem o plus das ilustrações do Crumb, mas definitivamente só gosto da poesia dele mesmo.
oscar
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pensé que decir relatos ilustrados abarcaba mas de las 4 ilustraciones que tiene jajajaja.
Sin embargo, es Bukowski, yo le perdono todo.
Algo que he visto repetidamente es que, en la mayoria de sus libros, hay una especie de reciclaje de historias, lo cual no me molesta en absoluto, acá son nuevas, poquitas, pero nuevas.
Se lee rapidísimo, bien puede usarse como una pequeña introducción.
Yuri
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here we find three excellent Bukowski short tales with a few illustrations by Crumb, which are a fitting companion to Bukowski's prose. A little expensive and quite short, but a very nice edition nevertheless that'll provide a good (half) hour of fun.
Mehrdad
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
ایده ی جالبی داشت و توصیفات بوکوفسکی هم مثل همیشه جذاب بود. اما به نظرم زیاد پخته نشده بود و زیادی کوتاه بود. انگار که همون ایده خام چاپ شده باشه.
Rahil
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I felt sorry for Gloria, she's just a woman looking for love and care, like any of us.At the beginning I thought she just called him "whorefucker" , but I got disappointed when I found out he was lying at her, and that he was truly fucking them XD. The best sentence of this whole short story, is the one that figures as a title : BRING ME YOUR LOVE : " Bring me your love then, why the hell don't you bring me your love? " it's just .. Yummy and real !
Abril G. Karera
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gratamente satisfecha con estos tres relatos de Bukowski. Aunque mucho había escuchado sobre su violencia y su desesperanza, no se compara con descubrirlo por mano propia. Además, esta edición cuenta con las ilustraciones de Crumb lo que, sin duda, le da un aire todavía más trágico a los relatos. Muy recomendable.
Sicofonia
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Bukowski + Crumb = Unbeatable combination.
Laurent
Nov 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Kort verhaal over jaloezie en waanzin. Knappe illustraties van de grote Crumb. Uitgegeven bij het legendarische Ecco.
Norma Henry
Concertina
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ay Crumb <3
Tommy
Dec 20, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Bukowski fans, Crumb fans
Robert Crumb puts his illustrations to Bukowski's short story "Bring me your love" and the results are perfect. This matchup makes you want Crumb to illustrate or atleast design the covers for every Bukowski offer.
Inti Ruiz cruz
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trágico, irreverente y cargado de realismo crudo, como una bofetada. Siempre el mejor, Bukowski.
Kelly
May 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I've been wanting this for years and I finally ordered it. It came today and it was absolutely perfect. Crumb and Bukowski, what more could you ask for? A great short and ironic read. My 2011 story.
Morguin DV
Bukowski, relatos correctos, nada especial
Agata Kišić
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 quick fun read
Aviecayl Uy
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
"Bring Me Your Love" by Charles Bukowski was an entertaining short story to devour in one-sitting!
Andreia
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-books
Silvia
Dec 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Who considers 3 pages a book? It’s not even a magazine.
Gpe America
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Relatos crudos sin censura.
Yumileeeee
No sé que tiene este señor que me gusta tanto ♡
3,5
Ernesto Castro Herrera
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cuentos
Bukowski en pocos cuentos, Bukowski con ilustraciones, Bukowski siendo Bukowski, Bukowski leído en un suspiro.
Lautaro
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Crumb y Bukowski, una pareja hecha en el infierno.
Yaredi Pizano
Demasiado corto para mi gusto
Angie
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
People can literally drive you crazy.
Negus Marko
Distintos, muy corto el libro
Claudia
Historias cortas y atrevidas que no creo volver a leer
Eso sí, es una buena forma de conocer a Bukowski si nunca antes lo leíste.
Esteban
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La magia de Buko y Crumb en tres cuentos cortos, breves y entretenidos.
  • Charles Bukowski: A Sure Bet
  • The Wine of Youth
  • Hank: The Life of Charles Bukowski
  • Midnight Mass (Peter Owen Modern Classic)
  • Short Dog: Cab Driver Stories from the L.A. Streets
  • Return to the City of White Donkeys
  • Stanzas in Meditation
  • The Scripture of the Golden Eternity
  • The Poems of Marianne Moore
Henry Charles Bukowski (born as Heinrich Karl Bukowski) was a German-born American poet, novelist and short story writer. His writing was influenced by the social, cultural and economic ambience of his home city of Los Angeles.It is marked by an emphasis on the ordinary lives of poor Americans, the act of writing, alcohol, relationships with women and the drudgery of work. Bukowski wrote thousands ...more