Start by marking “After the Sky (Spirits of the Earth #1)” as Want to Read:
After the Sky (Spirits of the Earth #1)

After the Sky (Spirits of the Earth #1)

The meek have not inherited the earth.

The world isn't how they left it. When the bunker airlocks release them after twenty years in hibernation, the survivors find a silent, barren world outside. But they are not alone. There is a presence here, alive in the dust—spirits of the earth, benevolent and malicious as they interact with the human remnant.

Milton is haunted by
Published January 28th 2020 by Aethon Books

To ask other readers questions about After the Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the Sky

Start your review of After the Sky (Spirits of the Earth #1)
Lyndon
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
After the Sky (book 1 in "Spirits of the Earth" series) by my writer friend Milo James Fowler is pretty darn good. It's a "Post Apocalyptic Tale with a Paranormal Twist" according the publisher, Aethon Books.

That's an apt description. I liken it to "The Silos of Wool meets World War Z" - and I'm pretty sure it will appeal to fans of Wool, Stephen King or Dean Koontz, and The Walking Dead.

At a nice and solid 400 pages, you'll get to spend some time with this motley crew of heroes - and you'll
Sean McLachlan
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting take on the post-apocalyptic genre. After 20 years stuck in bunkers, the last survivors of a world war emerge into a bleak landscape. Soon strange events start to overtake them. Paranormal events and bodily changes go unexplained, although everyone has their theories. There are some familiar elements here: mutant zombie-like creatures, nice descriptions of ruined cities, fast-paced action scenes, and a pack of survivors who are worse than the mutants. There is also a ...more
Stephen Ramey
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an Advanced Reading Copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is an interesting blend of Post-Apocalypse and Christian Values, with zombies (of a sort). The characters are a little simplistic, but that meshes with the superhero ethos employed here. The characters are more than human and less than human as we find in the better graphic novel world adaptations. This is not an adaptation of a graphic novel, but it does have that feel.

At the core of the book are issues of
James Jr.
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
When I first started reading "After the Sky" - at the request of author and friend, Milo James Fowler - my initial reaction was I had agreed to read an after the apocalypse sort of novel. A quick check of my library will show you that I typically read about serial killers or evil hiding in the darkness - worlds far away from the one Fowler crafted here. However, I soon realized this wasn't what I would call your ordinary end of the world sort of fare.
Told separately from the perspective of each
Kay
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not much of a dystopia!

It took me a little while to begin seeing the depths in this story. To see the goodness hidden in evil, the evil behind some goodness. The characters are sometimes dichotomist in their depths. There is a lot for the bunker people’s to endure and overcome and each bunker makes for a family. Sometimes. Terrible things are done for purity. The pre D day government did unforgivable things as well, leaving the possible future skewed. So many facets to explore and only so many
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Erm, where do I even start? So many questions, so many different paths it could go. Do I want to write my own story in this world? Hell yes. Gods? Angels? Demons? I think you get my point.
Bror
Feb 03, 2020
Ron Clark
Feb 02, 2020
William K Karns
rated it did not like it
Lisamarie
Jim
Feb 05, 2020
Yvette Laegner

• Not Alone: Fractured Union
  • Dark Space Universe (Dark Space Universe #1-3)
  • Turmoil (Days of Want #3)
  • Children of the Prime Box Set: The Complete Dystopian Series - Books 1-8
  • The Complete Void Wraith Saga: Books 1 - 6 in the Epic Military Science Fiction Series
  • But Not Foreboding (Clint Wolf Mystery #12)
  • Bear the Brunt (Nuclear Survival Saga #7; Nuclear Survival: Western Strength #1)
  • Yesterday's Son (Star Trek: The Original Series #11; The Yesterday Saga, #1)
  • Omega Force Series Omnibus
  • Extreme Medical Services (Extreme Medical Services #1)
  • Deep Black
  • Mission One
  • Lunar Discovery: Let the Space Race Begin (Discovery Series Book 1)
  • Not Alone: The Contact Trilogy: Complete Box Set (Books 1-3 of the Groundbreaking Alien Sci-Fi Series)
  • Alive (The Dead Room Trilogy #3)
  • Colony Mars Ultimate Edition: Books 1-5 of the Highly Entertaining Hard Sci-Fi Thriller.
  • The Dead Room (The Dead Room Trilogy #1)
  • The Dead World (The Dead Room Trilogy #2)
Milo James Fowler is a teacher by day and a speculative fictioneer by night. When he's not grading papers, he's imagining what the world might be like in a dozen alternate realities. So far, his short fiction has appeared in more than 150 publications, including AE SciFi, Beneath Ceaseless Skies, Cosmos, Daily Science Fiction, Nature, and Shimmer. Find his novels, novellas, and short story ...more