Start by marking “Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection” as Want to Read:

Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection

(Magical Romantic Comedies #13.5 (Doggone Mess))

When the going gets tough, the tough get their hands dirty. Join NY Times Bestselling author Faith Hunter, USA Today Bestselling author R.J. Blain, and National Bestselling authors Diana Pharaoh Francis and Devon Monk on a wild romp where the damsels bring the distress and what can go wrong will go wrong.

Venture into a thrilling spinoff tale from the world of Jane Yellow
Published January 12th 2021 by Pen & Page Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Deeds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Deeds

Start your review of Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection
Darcy
This review is based on the following stories.

Sealed with a Tryst & At Death’s Door by Devon Monk
These two stories go hand in hand. Crow makes me laugh when he shows up because you know chaos will be following him. It is no different this time around. I felt bad for Delaney, she has to deal with all the chaos, then it's time to switch the powers from one god to another and everyone is giving her a hard time about taking her vacation. You can about imagine all hijixs that goes on. I did like how
Kathy Davie
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
When the going gets tough, the tough get their hands dirty...because no job is too big or too small — if the price is right in these six brand-new short stories.

The Series
"Sealed with a Tryst", Ordinary Magic #??a
"At Death's Door", Ordinary Magic #??b
"Bound into Darkness", Jane Yellowrock, 13.1
"The Ties That Bind", Jane Yellowrock, 13.2
(If you're interested, there is a chronological listing of the Jane Yellowrock books on my website.)
"Doggone Mess", Magical Romantic Comedies

The Stories
Devon M
Jeanny
Jan 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Reading all of the stories included was never the plan.

I read 4 out of 6 short stories.
The story by R.L. Blain was what amounted to a prequel & it got 4 stars.
Both stories by Faith Hunter got high ratings 4/5 stars
The story by Diana Pharaoh Francis wasn’t to my taste & ended up being a DNF.
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-reads
Guys, I have been so anxiously waiting for Dirty Deeds to release, and now it's finally here! This book collects several novellas and shorts from some of my favorite authors, and naturally totals about six hundred and forty pages. I read all of it in one night. It's that good. Go get it, and read it. ASAP.

Included within this anthology you'll find works by Devon Monk (a novella and a short story, both set in her Ordinary Magic world), Faith Hunter (again, a novella and short story, both set in
Cindy
Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection
(Magical Romantic Comedies #13.5 (Doggone Mess))
by Faith Hunter (Goodreads Author), Diana Pharaoh Francis (Goodreads Author), Devon Monk (Goodreads Author), R.J. Blain (Goodreads Author)

It’s a great anthology! How great? Let me count the ways…

Devon Monk has two related entries which are apparently both from the Ordinary Magic Series:
"Sealed with a Tryst"
"At Death's Door"
How good were they?
I hopped right up on Amazon and acquired the first book in each of h
Melindeeloo
There's a new limited time anthology, Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection, out this week (and available for six months) with stories by Faith Hunter, and Devon Monk series and also stories from Diane Pharoh Francis and RJ Blain.

Devon Monk's Ordinary series story was actually a twofer. There was a longer story with Delaney trying to break free from her duties - and all the chaos of wrangling a town where gods come to live as mortals - and gain a little vacation with her fiance. And there was
Isisbq
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shorts that make you beg for more

This anthology is a super fun read that takes you into the worlds of some fabulous authors. Devon Monk’s Ordinary series is a fun place. The pet sitting story deserves to be read aloud! Who would have thought Than could be so fun!
Faith Hunter sets up the Everheart clan for a re-evaluation by long time readers as new information makes us see them differently. Eli and Linc seriously moved up in my estimation.
R. J. Blain teases us with some new characters destined
S.K. Gregory
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
A really enjoyable book with some great characters. I loved the supernatural elements and in particular the story with Jane Yellowrock. Urban fantasy fans will love this collection. Highly recommeded.
Mari
Nov 23, 2020 marked it as to-read
Faith Hunter story - Liz Everhart - love interest Eli Younger?
Bound into Darkness novella -Word doc under Books - part? Whole? at least enough to see if I want to buy it if the library doesn't have it.
Barb Lie
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Dirty Deeds: Urban Fantasy Collection is an anthology with novellas written by Faith Hunter, Diana Pharaoh Francis, Devon Monk and R.J. Blain.  I am a huge fan of Faith Hunter, and reading any novella or short story is a must for me.  I will write a short review on Hunter’s stories, revolving around her Jane Yellowrock series, and can only say that the other books are also part of their series, which I have not read.

Bound Into Darkness by Faith Hunter
Bound into Darkness takes place between the l
Nicole Luiken
Shelves: ebook, sf-fantasy
I'm a fan of both Diana Pharaoh Francis and Faith Hunter so I one-clicked this one.

THE PIXIE JOB - Diana Pharaoh Francis

This is in her Mission Magic series. I've reread book one The Incubus Job several times and am looking forward to The Elf Job which is releasing soon. The plot involves a Pixie-Giant wedding in the very fancy hotel where Mallory and Law work. Lots of action and magic, plus some relationship moments.

BOUND IN DARKNESS/TIES THAT BIND - Faith Hunter

Two related novellas, one featuri
Melissa Chapman
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
A really liked 3/4 of the authors stories in this one. Devin Monk, Faith Hunter and RJ Blain all had great stories that didn't NEED all the backstory of the series they were pulled from, though if I hadn't read the Ordinary, Oregon series from DM, I'd have probably not enjoyed it as much. While I have read and loved some of Diana Pharaoh Francis' other novels, I hadn't read the series she pulled this story from, and I just felt I was missing too much backstory and world building to enjoy it.
I'd
Adrienne
Jan 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
My interest in this book is for the Devon Monk Sealed with a Tryst and At Death's Door.
Amusing, with plenty of laugh out loud moments. You can't help but be drawn in to the town of Ordinary and enjoy the quirkiness of the residents. Each book or short story brings you home to Ordinary. Allows you to visit with the family, even when the storms are striking and the roads are flooded. Delaney and her sisters have their hands full when Crow sells off Pandora's boxes at a tent sale. It takes all the
Josephine
Sealed with a Tryst - Devon Monk: ★★★

At Death's Door - Devon Monk: ★★★

Bound into Darkness - Faith Hunter: ★★
Doesn't work as a stand-alone; if you haven't read the Jane Yellowrock series it won't make sense

At The Ties that Bind - Faith Hunter: ★★

The Pixie Job - Diana Pharaoh Francis: ★★
Also doesn't work as a stand-alone (except this one I have read the main story The Incubus Job, not that it helped. I didn't remember the characters or world-building)

Doggone Mess - R.J. Blain: ★★★★★
Carrie
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I have read many books by Faith Hunter and her 2 stories were wonderful! I really hope she writes more from these perspectives. I have also read books by Devon Monk before and this one was great! The other two authors were new to me and I'm so excited to find all their books and devour them!! Thank you for the lovely stories. Each of the stories in this book are well written. They are completely enjoyable alone, not knowing the ,"worlds" they took place in didn't make a bit of differenc
Michael
Jan 19, 2021 rated it liked it
A mixed bag.

I really enjoyed the two stories by Faith Hunter, but was already a big fan of her Jane Yellowrock series. After that, I think I liked the two stories by Devon Mink the best. The setting and characters on her Ordinary, OR setting were fun to read about. I found the rest of the stories were just okay, but I was unfamiliar with the writers and their worlds, so that may have effected my opinion.
Kristina Darmon
Love love love

I bought this for two authors and boy did they deliver! I wasn’t expecting another author to be so good (I hadn’t heard of them before now) I am now reading more in their series since they had me at chapter 1. Ten ten am gonna read again and I have a new author to follow! Highly recommend.
Adena Lee
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! It didn't hurt that several of my favourite authors are the contributors to this collection - that is why I bought this book. The novellas though were great! I particularly enjoyed RJ Blain's contribution - when your boss decides to matchmake for you, things can get ... interesting. Such a hilarious blast! ...more
Jezzie
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a read in one sitting book as all the stories will suck you right in. Devon Monk is a "new to me" author that I will definitely read more of. Faith Hunter is always amazing! RJ Blain has done it again, and I am anxiously awaiting the continuation of this one. It took a bit to get into the story by Diana Pharaoh Francis, but it was as good as the rest. ...more
Elayne
Nice collection of fantasy

I enjoyed most of these stories but was not entranced by the one with a lot of violence. I thought RJBlain was at her best and will keep my rye out for the story's continuation.
Jackie Bach
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I have to be honest and say that I bought this collection to read the Devon Monk and R.J. Blain stories and I also have to say that I loved those stories! Both authors truly are awesome!!
Marie Belanger
Wonderful

The stories are entertaining and keep you reading. Now I have to get the stories from all the authors. I cannot wait.
Jac Nielson
So goooood!!!

All the stories here are great! I bought it because of the Doggone Mess by RJ Blaine, throughly enjoyed all the offerings:)
Nancy
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Stories

I enjoyed a return to some of my favorite places to visit. I also appreciate a glimpse into some new sites. This is a well written anthology.
Cally Walker
Great authors

And great stories. What a great groups of folks dealing with their own dirty deeds done dirt cheap. What fun
Davida Holmes
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Only read Faiths stories, but loved them. What a bombshell the second story had!!!
Mai
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Loved this. All of them, but especially the last one I read (I wasn't reading in order - the short about Death and his hot chocolate, and the dragon pig. ...more
Christine M Soat
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great collection of books

Al the books were great in this collection. Some authors I did not know previously and will be looking up more of their works.
Mary
Jan 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable anthology! My favorites are the two by Faith Hunter. They add to her wonderful, wonderful Jane Yellowrock series.
Patricia
Very enjoyable!

I loved this book! The stories are amazing and I always want more! I can’t wait until the next installment from RJ Blain in this wonderful world she has created.

• The Good Psychopath's Guide to Success
  • Between (The Chronicles of Between, #1)
  • The Fae King’s Bride: A Urban Fae Fantasy Romance Short Story
  • One Swallow: A Samantha Moon Story
  • A Year of Creative Writing Prompts
  • First Dates (Supernaturalette, #2)
  • Masterclass: Writing Crime Fiction: Teach Yourself
  • 250 Writing Prompts: Visual & Verbal Sparks to Ignite Your Story (You Can Write It Book 1)
  • Xtreme Xmas
  • Déjà Vu
  • The Bird that forgot what kind of Bird it was - A Picture Book for Kids Ages 3-5 years Illustrated with Cut-Out Colored Paper: A read aloud bedtime story for children. (Paper-Kut 2)
  • The Road to Duncarrie: A Short Story
  • The Errand: A Christmas short story
  • Touch of Darkness (Scythe of Darkness, #0.5)
  • The Boy Who Wasn't There
  • Short stop
  • Out of the Blue: A Sweet Romance Short Story
  • The Witching Vault
Faith Hunter's Junkyard Cats novella series is brand new, with book one available only in Audible at this time.

Faith's Jane Yellowrock series is a dark urban fantasy. Jane is a full blooded Cherokee skinwalker and hunter of rogue-vampires in a world of weres, witches, vampires, and other supernats.

The Soulwood series is a dark-urban fantasy / paranormal police procedural /para-thriller series fea

Magical Romantic Comedies (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Playing with Fire (Magical Romantic Comedies, #1)
  • Hoofin' It (Magical Romantic Comedies, #2)
  • Serial Killer Princess (Magical Romantic Comedies, #3)
  • Whatever for Hire (Magical Romantic Comedies, #4)
  • No Kitten Around (Magical Romantic Comedies, #5)
  • Blending In (Magical Romantic Comedies, #6)
  • Cheetahs Never Win (Magical Romantic Comedies, #7)
  • Burn, Baby, Burn (Magical Romantic Comedies, #8)
  • Double Trouble (Magical Romantic Comedies, #9)
  • Grave Humor (Magical Romantic Comedies, #10)

News & Interviews

“am a gentleman of the highest order, well educated, a fine chef, and utterly charming. I am not cute.” 0 likes
“That way. ‘Second star to the right.’ ” “ ‘And straight on till morning,’ ” Eli finished the quote” 0 likes