Start by marking “Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection” as Want to Read:

Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection

(Magical Romantic Comedies #13.5 (Doggone Mess))

When the going gets tough, the tough get their hands dirty. Join NY Times Bestselling author Faith Hunter, USA Today Bestselling author R.J. Blain, and National Bestselling authors Diana Pharaoh Francis and Devon Monk on a wild romp where the damsels bring the distress and what can go wrong will go wrong.

Venture into a thrilling spinoff tale from the world of Jane Yellow
Published January 12th 2021 by Pen & Page Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Deeds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Deeds

Start your review of Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection
Darcy
This review is based on the following stories.

Sealed with a Tryst & At Death’s Door by Devon Monk
These two stories go hand in hand. Crow makes me laugh when he shows up because you know chaos will be following him. It is no different this time around. I felt bad for Delaney, she has to deal with all the chaos, then it's time to switch the powers from one god to another and everyone is giving her a hard time about taking her vacation. You can about imagine all hijixs that goes on. I did like how
Kathy Davie
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
When the going gets tough, the tough get their hands dirty...because no job is too big or too small — if the price is right in these six brand-new short stories.

The Series
"Sealed with a Tryst", Ordinary Magic #??a
"At Death's Door", Ordinary Magic #??b
"Bound into Darkness", Jane Yellowrock, 13.1
"The Ties That Bind", Jane Yellowrock, 13.2
(If you're interested, there is a chronological listing of the Jane Yellowrock books on my website.)
"Doggone Mess", Magical Romantic Comedies

The Stories
Devon M
Jeanny
Jan 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Reading all of the stories included was never the plan.

I read 4 out of 6 short stories.
The story by R.L. Blain was what amounted to a prequel & it got 4 stars.
Both stories by Faith Hunter got high ratings 4/5 stars
The story by Diana Pharaoh Francis wasn’t to my taste & ended up being a DNF.
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-reads
Guys, I have been so anxiously waiting for Dirty Deeds to release, and now it's finally here! This book collects several novellas and shorts from some of my favorite authors, and naturally totals about six hundred and forty pages. I read all of it in one night. It's that good. Go get it, and read it. ASAP.

Included within this anthology you'll find works by Devon Monk (a novella and a short story, both set in her Ordinary Magic world), Faith Hunter (again, a novella and short story, both set in
Cindy
Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection
(Magical Romantic Comedies #13.5 (Doggone Mess))
by Faith Hunter (Goodreads Author), Diana Pharaoh Francis (Goodreads Author), Devon Monk (Goodreads Author), R.J. Blain (Goodreads Author)

It’s a great anthology! How great? Let me count the ways…

Devon Monk has two related entries which are apparently both from the Ordinary Magic Series:
"Sealed with a Tryst"
"At Death's Door"
How good were they?
I hopped right up on Amazon and acquired the first book in each of h
Steph
Rating for Monk and Hunter's stories: (✮✮✮½)
* Unread "The Pixie Job" by Diana Pharaoh Francis and "Doggone Mess" by R.J. Blain

In Sealed with a Tryst by Devon Monk (Ordinary Magic #6a?), Delaney is struggling with her desire to take a vacay with her fiancé, Ryder Bailey, and her need to be in Ordinary handling all problems that arise. Crow's "Whale of a Sale" causes some chaos that requires all hands on deck as Delaney's working through her struggle. (✮✮✮½)

In Devon Monk's connected short A
Melindeeloo
There's a new limited time anthology, Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection, out this week (and available for six months) with stories by Faith Hunter, and Devon Monk series and also stories from Diane Pharoh Francis and RJ Blain.

Devon Monk's Ordinary series story was actually a twofer. There was a longer story with Delaney trying to break free from her duties - and all the chaos of wrangling a town where gods come to live as mortals - and gain a little vacation with her fiance. And there was
Isisbq
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shorts that make you beg for more

This anthology is a super fun read that takes you into the worlds of some fabulous authors. Devon Monk’s Ordinary series is a fun place. The pet sitting story deserves to be read aloud! Who would have thought Than could be so fun!
Faith Hunter sets up the Everheart clan for a re-evaluation by long time readers as new information makes us see them differently. Eli and Linc seriously moved up in my estimation.
R. J. Blain teases us with some new characters destined
S.K. Gregory
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
A really enjoyable book with some great characters. I loved the supernatural elements and in particular the story with Jane Yellowrock. Urban fantasy fans will love this collection. Highly recommeded.
Mari
Nov 23, 2020 marked it as to-read
Faith Hunter story - Liz Everhart - love interest Eli Younger?
Bound into Darkness novella -Word doc under Books - part? Whole? at least enough to see if I want to buy it if the library doesn't have it.
Barb Lie
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Dirty Deeds: Urban Fantasy Collection is an anthology with novellas written by Faith Hunter, Diana Pharaoh Francis, Devon Monk and R.J. Blain.  I am a huge fan of Faith Hunter, and reading any novella or short story is a must for me.  I will write a short review on Hunter’s stories, revolving around her Jane Yellowrock series, and can only say that the other books are also part of their series, which I have not read.

Bound Into Darkness by Faith Hunter
Bound into Darkness takes place between the l
Brenda Rezk
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This collection of novellas and short stories are set in the established worlds of its four authors. I bought it for the two Faith Hunter stories, which are must-reads, but I enjoyed the other stories, as well.

The Faith Hunter novella and short story are both set between books 13 and 14 in the Jane Yellowrock series. "Bound Into Darkness" pits Liz Everhart (earth witch) and Eli Younger (retired Army Ranger and adopted brother of Jane Yellowrock) against an unexpected danger during a retrieval jo
Sharon
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Supernatural beings with strange fixations, personal failings, and comical personalities. All in six magical and suspenseful stories sure to educate you on fascinating urban fantasy tactics. Who could ask for more?

Sealed with a Tryst by Devon Monk – It’s a Pandora’s storage bin of a mess. Police chief Delaney Reed is supposed to be on a much-needed vacation with her fiancé, Ryder, but she’s worried about the usual strange incidents in her town of Ordinary, Oregon. What could go wrong in the vaca
Nicole Luiken
Jan 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, sf-fantasy
I'm a fan of both Diana Pharaoh Francis and Faith Hunter so I one-clicked this one.

THE PIXIE JOB - Diana Pharaoh Francis

This is in her Mission Magic series. I've reread book one The Incubus Job several times and am looking forward to The Elf Job which is releasing soon. The plot involves a Pixie-Giant wedding in the very fancy hotel where Mallory and Law work. Lots of action and magic, plus some relationship moments.

BOUND IN DARKNESS/TIES THAT BIND - Faith Hunter

Two related novellas, one featuri
Melissa Chapman
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
A really liked 3/4 of the authors stories in this one. Devin Monk, Faith Hunter and RJ Blain all had great stories that didn't NEED all the backstory of the series they were pulled from, though if I hadn't read the Ordinary, Oregon series from DM, I'd have probably not enjoyed it as much. While I have read and loved some of Diana Pharaoh Francis' other novels, I hadn't read the series she pulled this story from, and I just felt I was missing too much backstory and world building to enjoy it.
I'd
Jessica Belmont
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Dirty Deeds is a collection of urban fantasy short stories by four different authors. One of my favorite things about collections like this, is being introduced to multiple authors. In this case of this collection, every author stands out as an excellent writer.

I’m not going to break down each story. I never do when I review these collections. I really think going in blindly is your best bet. I got to experience each story without any preconceived notions.

What I will say is, once I started, I co
Adrienne
Jan 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
My interest in this book is for the Devon Monk Sealed with a Tryst and At Death's Door.
Amusing, with plenty of laugh out loud moments. You can't help but be drawn in to the town of Ordinary and enjoy the quirkiness of the residents. Each book or short story brings you home to Ordinary. Allows you to visit with the family, even when the storms are striking and the roads are flooded. Delaney and her sisters have their hands full when Crow sells off Pandora's boxes at a tent sale. It takes all the
Debbie
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Worth it for Faith Hunter’s stories alone!

Two great stories from Faith here. Firstly Eli and Liz track down a lost dog, and get into a spot of bother along the way (no spoilers). I always enjoy Eli in the main Yellowrock books so it was lovely to have a whole story with him as a lead. Secondly - Lincoln and Bedelia. Be. Still.My. Heart! I know want to read the entire Yellowrock series again so that I can reread all the Lincoln Shaddock and Bedelia Everheart bits so that I can read this again and
Josephine
Sealed with a Tryst - Devon Monk: ★★★

At Death's Door - Devon Monk: ★★★

Bound into Darkness - Faith Hunter: ★★
Doesn't work as a stand-alone; if you haven't read the Jane Yellowrock series it won't make sense

At The Ties that Bind - Faith Hunter: ★★

The Pixie Job - Diana Pharaoh Francis: ★★
Also doesn't work as a stand-alone (except this one I have read the main story The Incubus Job, not that it helped. I didn't remember the characters or world-building)

Doggone Mess - R.J. Blain: ★★★★★
Carrie
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I have read many books by Faith Hunter and her 2 stories were wonderful! I really hope she writes more from these perspectives. I have also read books by Devon Monk before and this one was great! The other two authors were new to me and I'm so excited to find all their books and devour them!! Thank you for the lovely stories. Each of the stories in this book are well written. They are completely enjoyable alone, not knowing the ,"worlds" they took place in didn't make a bit of differenc
BonnieL
Jan 19, 2021 rated it liked it
As always, Faith Hunter shines - great stories, unexpected plots and I can't wait to see where she takes these new angles in her Jane Yellowrock series. The other authors were new to me, some interesting stories but, because I didn't know the any background from previous books, I felt they tended to drag. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the Glitter Bombs chaos and pixies in Diana Pharaoh Monk's "The Pixie Job" - anything that makes me laugh out loud will probably motivate me to try at least one of ...more
KDinSC
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So much fun!

Excellent urban fantasy collection with Strong entries from Faith Hunter, R.J. Blain, and Devon Monk, all who I regularly read, plus intro to a new to me author, Diana Pharoah Francis, whose work I also enjoyed! Fans of Jane Yellowrock, Ordinary Magic and the Body Count series will be happy campers (RJ's book is the first half of an upcoming full body count novel, which one really looking forward to finishing!)
Peggy Kelley
Full Load

These are all great stories. The Devon Monk story is packed with her usual crazies. The two Faith Hunter stories action packed and well plotted. Eli singing (swoon)! Sweet second chance story (still with action) with surprise revelations. Loved both stories. Diana Pharoah Francis is a new author for me and will definitely read more. Very creative world building. The R J Blain story was fun.
Michael
Jan 19, 2021 rated it liked it
A mixed bag.

I really enjoyed the two stories by Faith Hunter, but was already a big fan of her Jane Yellowrock series. After that, I think I liked the two stories by Devon Mink the best. The setting and characters on her Ordinary, OR setting were fun to read about. I found the rest of the stories were just okay, but I was unfamiliar with the writers and their worlds, so that may have effected my opinion.
Jen
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Action

I loved all the stories in this book. They are great and couldn't put the book down until done. I have read all of Faith's books, I started R.J. not that long ago. I will now find books from Diana and Pharaoh. I love finding new authors in books with multiple authors. I definitely recommend this book!!
Kristina Darmon
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Love love love

I bought this for two authors and boy did they deliver! I wasn’t expecting another author to be so good (I hadn’t heard of them before now) I am now reading more in their series since they had me at chapter 1. Ten ten am gonna read again and I have a new author to follow! Highly recommend.
Ruth E
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Faith’s2 books are awesome. Love Liz, Eli’s story & Linc & Bedilia ‘story. They both are in theJane Yellowrock series & the timeline overlaps. I have loved Eli since Deaths Rival & have always loved Lincoln. He is a very caring down to earth Vampire leader. He cares not only his people but all humans & witches too. He is the opposite of Leo.
Eva Belliston
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Lovely romp through several paranormal worlds

This anthology is a lot of fun. While the magic systems and world building of each author is unique, the windows into their world combine into a highly entertaining mashup that I will revisit again. Well done ladies and thanks for the antidote to some dark January days.
Adena Lee
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! It didn't hurt that several of my favourite authors are the contributors to this collection - that is why I bought this book. The novellas though were great! I particularly enjoyed RJ Blain's contribution - when your boss decides to matchmake for you, things can get ... interesting. Such a hilarious blast! ...more
Kieran Charlier
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Came for the Faith Hunter enjoyed the whole journey

I got this book because I'm an immense fan of Faith Hunter's "Jane Yellowrock" series and had just recently discovered Devon Monks "Ordinary Magic" series. After this I will absolutely be diving in to explore more of the other two authors as I struggle to patiently wait for more books to be released.

• Murder Mittens (Magical Romantic Comedies, #13)
  • The Flame Game (Magical Romantic Comedies, #12)
  • License to Kill (Balancing the Scales #2)
  • Outfoxed (The Fox Witch #1)
  • Blood Heir (Aurelia Ryder, #1)
  • Wild Wolf (Wolf Hunt, #2)
  • A Chip on Her Shoulder (Magical Romantic Comedies, #11)
  • The Good Psychopath's Guide to Success
  • Hell's Spells (Ordinary Magic #6)
  • Between (The Chronicles of Between, #1)
  • Booked for Murder (Vigilante Magical Librarians, #1)
  • The Fae King’s Bride: A Urban Fae Fantasy Romance Short Story
  • One Swallow: A Samantha Moon Story
  • A Year of Creative Writing Prompts
  • War Song (The Rift Chronicles, #2)
  • First Dates (Supernaturalette, #2)
  • My Luck (Twisted Luck, #1)
  • Masterclass: Writing Crime Fiction: Teach Yourself
Faith Hunter's Junkyard Cats novella series is brand new, with book one available only in Audible at this time.

Faith's Jane Yellowrock series is a dark urban fantasy. Jane is a full blooded Cherokee skinwalker and hunter of rogue-vampires in a world of weres, witches, vampires, and other supernats.

The Soulwood series is a dark-urban fantasy / paranormal police procedural /para-thriller series fea

Magical Romantic Comedies (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Playing with Fire (Magical Romantic Comedies, #1)
  • Hoofin' It (Magical Romantic Comedies, #2)
  • Serial Killer Princess (Magical Romantic Comedies, #3)
  • Whatever for Hire (Magical Romantic Comedies, #4)
  • No Kitten Around (Magical Romantic Comedies, #5)
  • Blending In (Magical Romantic Comedies, #6)
  • Cheetahs Never Win (Magical Romantic Comedies, #7)
  • Burn, Baby, Burn (Magical Romantic Comedies, #8)
  • Double Trouble (Magical Romantic Comedies, #9)
  • Grave Humor (Magical Romantic Comedies, #10)

News & Interviews

“am a gentleman of the highest order, well educated, a fine chef, and utterly charming. I am not cute.” 0 likes
“That way. ‘Second star to the right.’ ” “ ‘And straight on till morning,’ ” Eli finished the quote” 0 likes