Start by marking “Infernal Affairs” as Want to Read:
Infernal Affairs

Infernal Affairs

Ralgath wants nothing more than to work as a crossroads demon. Too bad he botched his first assignment when a very sexy mortal turned the tables on him. Now he has one chance to get his job back: find two demons who vanished in the human realm. Unfortunately, doing so means teaming up with Chessthe mortal who cost Ralgath his job in the first place.

Chess has spent the last
Kindle Edition, 2nd edition, 87 pages
Published February 7th 2020 (first published October 16th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Infernal Affairs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infernal Affairs

Start your review of Infernal Affairs
Jewel
That was seriously cute.
Eugenia
This was a really fun, sexy short with a very sassy human Chess a cranky demon!
JoAnn
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: demons, mm
I little upset with myself for buying this again... but I love the author so I guess Im ok with the added support.

I kept reading this and telling myself Ive read this before WTF.. but I couldnt figure it out. I thought maybe it was TJ Klunes, Blasphemy... but that wasnt it. Once the hellhound Fluffpaw came up I absolutely knew I read this once... anyways thats when I decided to read the whole blurb and saw that it was in the Devil Take me Anthology, which I started but never finished. I guess I
Ami

Ralgath botched his first assignment of crossroad demon after a very sexy mortal flirted with him on the job. He was demoted into administrative job. But then when crossroad demons are missing, Ralgath is given a second chance to investigate. And to help him track the missing demons, Ralgath has to turn to the sexy mortal, Chess, who makes him lose his job in the first place.

I thought this was seriously cute, it has that Supernatural vibe as Ralgath and Chess travel together in a car,
Alisa
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020, demons-read
Super boring. Did not care for this at all.
Leo
Dont waste any more time trying to make your parents happy. Find out what makes you happy instead.

Infernal Affairs is a fun short story about Ralgath a crossroad demon who loses his job after his very first assignment, after getting side tracked with a human and agreeing to requests that were far above Ralgaths department. After three years of working in Costumer Service, Ralgath has a chance to gain his job back: all he needs to do is to find a couple of missing crossroad demons though to
Christy
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Trust Ms. Hawk to start it all off with a bang and have me laughing like a loon. What else could I possibly do when Ralgath, on his first night as a crossroads demon, gets taken in by a gorgeous nonbinary mortal, Chess, who screws Ralgath (literally) into giving them a contract for superhero powers so they can go out into the world and fight for good. What? Yes, see why I was laughing? Of course, Ralgath got kicked out of the Infernal Affairs department and has spent the past three years in ...more
Helen Kord
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think this is my third of fourth time reading this novella in it's lifetime and it continues to be a delightful, goofy adventure. I hope Jordan writes more about them because I love them so much.

I'm so glad this novella got republished on it's own because I want to be able to recommend it to others without forcing them to buy the awful anthology it was originally in
Judy-Anne Richard
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh
It was just okay. Not what I expected, being used to the punch Jordan Hawk packs in the short episodes of the SPECTR series. I was bored. It also felt a bit juvenile. I truly dislike fade to black sex, also. Oh well.
Kristel
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!!! It had Supernatural and The Good Place vibes, and it was super cute and adorable with also a bit of mystery. Loved it!
Solly
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it

I had a lot of fun reading this. I loved the concept and the characters were fun to read about. My one thing is that I wanted more of the relationship between them. It was cool to have that plot and mystery thing going on, but in the end I felt like it maybe overshadowed the actual romance, which was my favourite part.

Chess was an amazing character and I loved Fluffpaw the hellhound!! In the end, I guess this had everything I wanted but I just wanted a lot more development than what I
Katherine
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Read this the first time around in the Devil Take Me anthology and it was one of my favourite stories from that. This re-read just highlighted why it was such a great story!

Chess is a fascinating character that is hard to get a handle on at first. They are so confident and completely themselves, but then there is this core vulnerability that is hard to get a bead on. As their past gets revealed it becomes clear where the insecurity is completely at odds with the brash exterior they show. This
Em
Short story. I loved the opener, and I wish that spark between Chess and Ralgath had felt like it ignited again later in the book. To me it started with a bang and then sort of resettled into a slow burn without a lot of payoff. The romance has a HEA though the plot-plot is left with one mystery unsolved and I wish it were more wrapped up. But maybe there will be a full length sequel! I'd read that.
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

I absolutely loved this book, the plot was fantastic. And I loved the characters and their development. I think this book could easily become a series, if not and is only a stand alone, it would be unfortunate but I completely support the book. 10 out of 10 I would recommend, if you have not discovered books by Jordan L Hawk, I reccomend you do so, you would not be disappointed.
Amy Mills
Enjoyable bit of fluff, with minimal on-page sex. Would-be "Chosen One" Chess trades his soul for the abilities he needs, getting the demon who made the contract in trouble. So of course they have to work together to fix a problem later, and, of course, sparks fly.

Well-executed, and likely containing the cutest Hound of Hell ever.
James Hardison
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet & Charming Story About Demons & Hellhounds

Jordan L. Hawk continues to be one of my favorite writers. Every tale is a joy to read and this story is no exception. I would gladly read more about these two characters and hope we'll see them again soon. A romantic comedy about a non-binary human and a handsome demon turns out to be just the sort of thing I want to read!
Nicki
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet short, I listened t this as part of the Devil Take Me collection.
Andrea
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sff-h, lgbtq
This was a cute novella! A demon and a mortal (who seduced said demon into giving them superpowers to fight monsters) team up to find two demons who vanished. I'm hoping Hawk writes more about Chess and Ralgath (and Fluffpaw).
Kimber
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not only did I enjoy the premise, but also the characters. I'm a long-time fan of Jordan L Hawk's work and this did not disappoint. It's been a fun paranormal, fantasy, snarky, sexy rom-com romp and I heartily recommend it.
K.C. Riley-Gyer
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
IA

What a short but delightful story. Im not normally into demon type stories but I loved this one and the characters. Especially Fluffpaw lol.
Andrea
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm so glad I got a notification this came out, I was really jonesing for a new Jordan Hawk book since I finished Desoil. I hope we could see some more adventures for these two.
gimmethosebooks
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
great fun...would read more from these two and their hellhound
Amy
Mar 17, 2020
Patricia Mason
Feb 20, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Last But Not Lease (The ABCs of Spellcraft #5)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes #1)
  • Back in Black (McGinnis Investigations, #1)
  • Happy Endings (Happy Endings, #1)
  • Wolf Found (The Wolves of Kismet, #2)
  • Cancer Ships Aquarius (Signs of Love, #5)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Prodigal (Lost and Found #1)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • Bitter Pill (PsyCop, #11)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Full Circle (Sanctuary, #5)
  • Still Waters (Sanctuary, #4)
  • Midsummer Song (Midsummer's Night, #5)
  • The Rat-Catcher's Daughter (Lilywhite Boys, #0.5)
  • Der 7.Rabe
  • I Buried a Witch (Bedknobs and Broomsticks #2)
  • Jarid
Jordan L. Hawk is a trans author from North Carolina. Childhood tales of mountain ghosts and mysterious creatures gave him a life-long love of things that go bump in the night. When he isnt writing, he brews his own beer and tries to keep the cats from destroying the house. His best-selling Whyborne & Griffin series (beginning with Widdershins) can be found in print, ebook, and audiobook. ...more