Start by marking “100 Simple Secrets of the Best Half of Life: What Scientists Have Learned and How You Can Use It” as Want to Read:

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Practical advice on how to thrive in the second half of your life, based on scientific studies. The sixth book in the bestselling 100 Simple Secrets series.

What do people who relish the second half of their lives do differently than those who dread getting older? Sociologists, therapists and psychiatrists have spent entire careers investigating the ins and outs of successf
Published April 5th 2005 by HarperOne (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about 100 Simple Secrets of the Best Half of Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Simple Secrets of the Best Half of Life

Mohammed Elshamsy
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
كتاب بسيط جداً......أوجز فأنجز
Pamela
Feb 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Extremely easy read written by David Niven Ph.D about ways to live the second half of your life to be happy. There are 100 chapters, each 2 pages long, with a thought and then a little true story that fits in with it. There was nothing super thought provoking in here, but everything he wrote was true. I found it a little dull, hence the 3 stars. Maybe I already know how to be happy. :)
Beverly
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good assessment of the elderly to guide the nexts in line about what really matters most. Thanks for plotting them out, Doctor! :)
Jackie
Apr 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jackie by: Geri
Shelves: chapter-hopped
Read this for a friend who had to do a book report on it...seriously.

This is Niven’s 8th foray into ‘simple secrets’ territory: in this book he attempts to make the complicated ‘science’ of happiness, uncomplicated. To this end, he writes 100, short (2-page), chapters each containing clear, concise information on finding this much-desired, often- elusive emotion. The target audience for the book is people over 50 although its content easily applies to adults of all ages.

Just by looking at the c
Bob Mendelsohn
Apr 20, 2014 rated it liked it
The pithy style was sometimes too short for the thoughts. I wanted to know more about some things, and yet most of the comments/ secrets are common sense, I liked Niven's scientific evaluation.
Each 'chapter' was basically two pages, and that's a perfect length, almost 'one bite' to consider for a section of the day.
Think about this:
When we ponder our own existence, rather than long chapters of our lives, I suggest one page at a time. Chapter, shmapter, our lives are just who we are. When we wer
Iwona
Feb 01, 2017 added it
Shelves: burried
Nie daję oceny, bo w sumie nie jestem w stanie jej dać. Książkę ostatecznie porzuciłąm, gdyż jednak chyba powinnam ją zostawić na faktyczną drugą połowę mojego życia, do której póki co dość daleko więc i rady zapewne stracą na wartości.
Sambasivan
Quick and easy read. Simple yet profound set of tips. Completely research based which is what could kindle the reader's interest. Enjoyable book.
Sue
Nov 03, 2017
Ann Bowen
Mar 10, 2012
Cindy Majors
rated it did not like it
Dec 08, 2014
Kimhu
Dec 05, 2013

David^^Niven, Ph.D., is the author of the best-selling 100 Simple Secrets book series

David^Niven, actor and author of The Moon's a Balloon
More about David Niven...