Start by marking “The Donor” as Want to Read:
The Donor

The Donor

From the New York Times bestselling author Sandi Lynn comes a brand new standalone romance.

Published January 31st 2020 by Sandi Lynn Romance, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Donor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Donor

Start your review of The Donor
Nova  Brantley
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
I’m done now officially with this author. Whyyyy??? The guy is always a douche. Stop it already, the guy always waking up in bed with some chick (that isn’t the heroine) he doesn’t even know her name. I’m done with this stuff already.
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
2 - Meh!
=============
I totally hate this guy. What a miserable piece of shit. Aff!
Ana Laura
What is this author trying to do ?? Finish her career by writing that kind of crap?
Milica's Bookshelf
Only now, I notice that in all the books of this author the hero is always some asshole/manwhore at the beginning. Honestly, I don't know how it didn't bother me before, but there it is. So. Much.
And his change is simply not convincing to me.
Aya
why she always do this to me. making a douche hero OR having a SEX ow at the opening or chapter 1.

im I going to put her to my avoid authors list now?.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Sadly this was a DNF for me. This book reads like a space shuttle going to the moon. The pace is so fast you have no character connection whatsoever. There is no flow to the plot. This happened, that happened, she said, he said. It is all disjointed and the plot is a tad ridiculous and the speed with which it is executed just makes it more so. I’m sure if the author expanded on this and fleshed it out it wouldn’t read so ridiculous.
Purple Lorikeet
Christin
Feb 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
So-so read

The premise of the book sounded great, but after I started reading, it became clear that I wouldn’t be a fan of this book.

I disliked Grayson straight from the beginning, he was sexist, rude and just not likeable, which didn’t change throughout the book. I ended up skipping 20% because it just went on and on.

Harper set out as such a great character, but quickly stopped growing and stayed as two dimensional as Grayson, not to mention her disregard for the huge invasion of privacy from
Rejane
Feb 10, 2020 marked it as nope
That blurb is sooo ridiculous. What happened to this author??? I really used to like her books...
Fridayschild2012
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
I've forgotten the names of the principal characters already. Only remember the h's friend, who seemed like a sane person. Her name is charlotte.
The H was ok and the bet he and his friend had was stupid and more teen boy types and the plot and mishaps seemed very contrived. Had pretty negative to neutral thoughts of the h and the relationship for most of the book and fell in love very quickly.
The h was a pretty desperate woman. She had no savings or any sort of plan structure for having a baby.
Kim
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW just WOW .. Sandi did it again .. she will make you angry, cry, scream and fall in LOVE all in one book for one character. The way she pulls at your heart strings in the book for both characters will make you want to run out and get a cranberry muffin of your own. It might bring you closer to someone <3

Greyson and Harper’s story is somewhat enthralling .. it is something some might want but don’t know how to achieve it .. so when Harper takes matters into her own hands to give her self
Jeannie
Feb 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Harper Holland has always wanted a family, after being in and out of foster care, Harper wants nothing more than to have her own family, but after the woes she’s had with past relationships and with her biological clock ticking its time she does it on her own with the help of a fertility clinic.

Grayson Rhodes lost a bet to his best friend and had to “donate” his sperm to a fertility clinic run by his best friend... it was a joke, his profile and sperm were never to see the light of day. But
Yolanda
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Donor is amazing!! Once I read the blurb, I was immediately intrigued. Ms. Lynn definitely thought outside the box with The Donor, the plot is fulfilling and exceeded my expectations.

The Donor is so much more than Harper getting pregnant via a donor from a cryobank and then meeting Grayson. And what seems like a coincidence really isn’t. The storyline is not only entertaining and concise, but it’s an excellent combination of a little angst, romance, surprises and of course, oh SO HOT sexy
Teri
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG what a book. Received this as an ARC for an honest review and what a book. There was times I really hated Grayson for what he was doing and couldn’t believe he kept doing it. I did eventually like him later on in the book which is unusual. I loved Harper and my heart just broke for her and I wanted to throttle Grayson again. Had tears in my eyes at the end. I so loved this book that I had it finished in a couple of hours.
Aga Urbaniak
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
There is one good thing about this book. It was a short read. The characters were so immature, and the dialogues were really bad. The characters are 30-32 years old and they behave like hormonal and stupoid 16yo. This book-big NO!!
Karina Sanchez
Amazing

Another great read by Sandi Lynn. I loved the way the book flowed easily. I love Harper and her strong independence. I loved Grayson and all his alpha maleness. These two together were just awesome.
Kim Whitehead
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet book! But I have to admit it was frustrating! Grayson was a complete jerk! Revelations turned everything around. Birth of a baby and forgiveness!
LS Kralicek
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected

Donor is truly an unexpected read. Loved Harper and Grayson’s story. Both are in forward motion of life and on their own paths but fate has a different course for sure.
Dawn Rickard
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

On my word the best story yet it's a pity the star rating is 5 because this book is star rating 10. Amazing book yet again from Sandi.

Grayson made a bet with his friend and lost now he had to pay up. His friend is the founder of a crynorbank witch in term a sperm bank. He was told his sperm will never be used but he will hold it for 1 month. But little did he know that when his friend went on holiday his company put Grayson in the system.

Harper was a stunning girl who gets dumpped by
Stacie Christensen
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The only thing I ever wanted in life was a family of my own. I daydreamed about marrying the perfect man and starting a family more than I lived in reality. At the age of thirty and many failed relationships, I discovered that maybe marriage and the perfect husband wasn’t in the cards for me. My biological clock was ticking so I decided to start a family on my own as a single woman living in New York City. After finding the perfect sperm donor from the New York Cryobank, I put my plan into ...more
Karen
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: lynn
I really wasn't sure about this book. I loved the preview of it but when I started to read it, I knew where this was going. Grayson made a net ( which he lost) with his best friend and had to pay up. Grayson's friend was the head of the cryobank and the water was Grayson had to leave a deposit there for 30 days he was promised that no one would see his profile or get his donation. Shocker it happened!! Grayson for whatever reason had sworn off relationships and was told by his
Juilene
Feb 21, 2020 marked it as to-read
I have not read this book, and will not. This author has sunk so far that her stories can be summed up in a few brief paragraphs that will fit pretty much any of her stories. Just change the names, cities, and circumstances.

Why? WHYYYYYYY?
I'll tell you why.
The Forever Black series was good, and enjoyable....though the hero was (predictably, for this author) a Class-A douchebag. A theme she has continued with in each book I have read since.

Sandi Lynn's stories go something like this:
Nice girl
Natalie Petzak
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Chantay
Shelves: reviewed
Grayson and Harper’s love defies the odds! I have read most of Sandi Lynn’s books and she amazes me with all those swoon-worthy words. This book may be one of my favorites! Grayson is a rich, sexy, alpha asshole who only thinks about himself. He thinks he’s God’s gift to women and never gives the women he sleeps with a second thought or a second date. This is something his grandfather is all too aware of and has a plan to put his grandson’s playboy ways to a screeching halt. In order for Grayson ...more
Theresa Natole
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Only Sandi Lynn can make you fall in love with a male character you start off wanting to throat punch. Grayson is definitely that guy. After having his sperm chosen when it was only supposed to get “lost” in the files and then a positive pregnancy Grayson had to find this woman. His grandfather gave him an ultimatum: find love in a year or lose the company. Grayson’s life was money and greed. He had no time for relationships let alone love. But when he found out Harper was the woman who received ...more
Mary
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Grayson is a self-absorbed, power driven, successful businessman. He doesn’t see any value in relationships and enjoys his throw away attitude towards women and sex. Harper has always wanted a family and has reached an age where she has decided to be a single mother and enlists a sperm bank to assist. Grayson loses a bet and his best friend makes him donate to the sperm bank with the promise that no one will get access to his profile. As Harper embarks on her journey, her freelance work as a ...more
Donna Rutledge
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was fun, flirty, and completely warm. Harper is a woman that is thirty years old and sees no man in her future since she just got burnt pretty bad. She goes and has a baby by shopping for the father on line and having it done in the lab.

She becomes pregnant the first time and can't wait to be a mom and have the family she always wanted.

Grayson is a man who lost a bet to his best friend so he has to go give his sperm to a sperm bank with the assurance that
Millennial Life Crisis Bookshelf - Samantha
Another hit from Sandi Lynn! I can’t get enough of her books and this one per usual was added to the list! She has the ability to take somewhat of a standard storyline and make it her own and better than the average book. I love how Harper is sure of what she wants and goes after it, in this case starting a family without a man. Bad for Grayson is that after a bet with his best friend and a miscommunication, he becomes the donor for Harper’s baby and she becomes pregnant. Grayson is the typical ...more
Ms. Jamie
Feb 12, 2020 rated it did not like it
Cliches galore, improbable plotting hackneyed story

Spoilers ahead.
This story started our promising, but that ended rather quickly. The heroine is dumped and chooses to go it alone with having a baby. At the same time the " hero" loses a bet and be one a sperm donor. It goes down hill from there. The hero is morally bankrupt and ethically challenged, his friend, who runs the sperm bank breaks laws to help him find the woman who used his sperm. He then gives her her dream job, a vastly discounted
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Cruelest Stranger
  • Inappropriate
  • Enamored (Accidental Billionaires #3)
  • Divided Interests (Southern Bride #3)
  • With This Ring
  • Heritage Bay Series: Box Set Books 1 - 4
  • Aaron's Heart (Lake Hope #2)
  • Entangled (The Accidental Billionaires, #2)
  • Dear Ava
  • Talkin' Trash (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #2)
  • How About No (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #3)
  • Falcon (Own the Skies, #3)
  • Dirty Husband (Dirty Rich #3)
  • Perfect Chaos
  • Blindside (Michael Bennett, #12)
  • You're The One
  • Intercepted Hearts (Playing for Keeps #1)
  • Ensnared (The Accidental Billionaires, #1)
Writing is my passion and my mission is to provide readers with romance novels that will whisk them away into another world and from the daily grind of life - one book at a time.