Start by marking “Halfway to Someday” as Want to Read:
Halfway to Someday

Halfway to Someday

(Wild Child #1)

Rocker Jesse Winters just wants to be left alone. If he could melt into oblivion, he would and bid farewell to the wild child of rock n’ roll so many had dubbed him in recent months. Truth is there was never anything reckless, wild, or even deliberate about most of the things that had happened on Wild Child’s last tour, but had anyone cared to listen? No! Which was ...more
ebook
Published January 27th 2020 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Halfway to Someday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Halfway to Someday

Start your review of Halfway to Someday
Fabi
Do you like damaged heroes? If you do, you're in luck because here we have two of them.

Jesse is a rock star. He is also a victim. When we meet him he is at rock bottom. At the point where he is losing everything important in his life. A point where he's wondering if there is a point to this life.

Secluded at a friend's mountain cabin during a viscous snowstorm, the last thing Jesse expects is company.

Ryker made a harrowing drive up the mountain in a snow storm to get some personal space at his
Chelsea
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Rating: 2.5

I wasn't invested in this story at all. It felt too slow in the beginning and too rushed at the end. I felt like the characters didn't really have personalities.
Joyfully Jay
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

I loved this book, and I’m going to tell you why, but first I do feel the need to make you aware of some trigger warnings. There are detailed images of cutting, thoughts of suicide, PTSD, terrible nightmares, and descriptions of horrific abuse by an ex who has also become a violent stalker. Admittedly, the first half of Halfway to Someday was difficult to read, so readers should be prepared.

With all that being said, I’m going to give you my feelings on this amazing
Kristina
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book even though there were a few slow parts, it didn’t inhibit my enjoyment of the story itself. Learning about Jesse and Ryker’s backgrounds and their stories was so sad it broke my Heart. I couldn’t put it down and when I did have to I would race back because I needed to know everything.

***An ARC was provided in exchange for review by Author***
Kathleen

***waves buh-bye at 82%***

I just couldn't take the melodrama any longer. I knew how it would end and I couldn't make myself care. About any of the characters. This author just isn't my cuppa.
Amy Dufera
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Layla Dorine's Halfway to Someday is a riveting and heavy book.

Jesse and Ryker are two men who are both broken; two men who find themselves escaping and hiding out in a cabin they have to share. They're well developed, blowing me away with their complexity.

Jesse, with his history of self harm, is struggling with something secret.
His issues are emotional to the point of tears, as he's full of fear and pain, lacking in self esteem. This quote sums him up well. "I just wanted someone to love
Angel Hatfield
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jesse wasn’t sure he’d ever climb up on stage again. His fingers itched to touch his guitar but what was the point in creating anything the way his bandmates had turned their backs on him. Tish said to him” Way to go.” Jess replied “You think I ruined the concert on purpose?” “What are we supposed to think ? “ she spat. They knew him, how deeply he loved the music, how it was all he had aside from them, and yet…. Jess was in his best friend and bandmate’s -Kyle-cabin using his blade to cut ...more
Lisa Cullinan
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, mm-read
Jesse Winters is at the end of his rope: the result from every relationship the famous rocker has had. Whether it be between his parents, his band mates, or the stalker/boyfriend-from-hell, he has become the perfect example of what the lasting effects of physical, sexual, and emotional abuse can do to one’s psyche. Jesse is a kaleidoscope within himself. His lyrics are breathtaking, intelligent, and dark. Yet, at times, he seems almost child-like.Ryker Jorgensen wants to decompress after ...more
Jenn
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a touching and emotional story that is really about healing and finding self worth. It’s not an easy read, it deals with a lot of very serious issues and could be very triggering for some. For me, this book really made me feel! My heart hurt for both Ryker and Jesse and the things that they have gone through. I also felt hope though, especially for Jesse and he learns to trust Ryker and believe in himself.

Jesse is a famous rockstar who is struggling with a painful secret and
Belinda Zamora
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, wow! Holy hell, did this book pack an emotional punch.
Jesse is on the run from his past and reality so he's holed up at his best friend and bandmate's Kyle's cabin.
He certainly wasn't expecting Kyle's cousin Ryker to show up out of the blue.
The dangerous snowstorm means they're stuck with one another.
Jesse is trying to make some semblance of his life because it's falling apart and he's on the precipice of a very dangerous cliff.
He's had a very sheltered upbringing and it lead to him
Ruth Evans
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This is the first time I have read this author but it definitely won't be the last. This story was so gripping and a real page turner. The characters are so well written that you can almost feel their feeling.
Jesse can't decide where it all went wrong but he's here in a cabin watching the snow fall and having time to himself. When his peace is shattered by Kyle's cousin he wants to run. However he stays and finds out that being alone is not always what you need.
Ryker needs time and
EQUUS
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read from this author and it certainly won't be the last. I love her writing style and the trope is my favorite. Two strangers with PTSD (though each from different reasons) stranded together in a snowed up cabin, shadow of a stalker hanging over their heads... What could possibly go right? This is an angsty and extremely slow burn MM romance. Although the pace is slow it kept my attention from the beginning to the end. What shawed one star off was the fact that Ryker ...more
Angie
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recieved a free copy to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This book was hard for me to get through. It wasn't because of the subject matter though. I thought the author did a great job describing what Jesse and Ryker both went through. I just think the author could have cut the book down a little bit because things were said multiple times and I was getting bored. At first I thought this was going to be your typical story about two guys stuck in a snow storm who eventually fall in love. It was
R
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: abuse, m-m, reviewed, self-harm
Jesse and Ryker, rocker and soldier. Different as night and day. Ryker has his nightmares and memories of war. Jesse has his memories and the nightmares of abuse. Jesse and Ryker, so very similar in their pain.

This was an extremely slow burn. Both men trapped in their past and looking for a way out was nicely written. I liked the book but it was slow in places. Jesse’s bandmate Kyle was not at all likable. He was forgiven way to easy. Overall I enjoyed the story.

This book was provided by the
Editing Services by Cynthia Shepp
A slow-burn romance between two wounded souls with plenty of trigger warnings and an author who isn’t afraid to delve into them. Stuck together in a cabin, the two men have to learn how to deal with each other, their issues, and their attraction. Ryker was my favorite—loved his patience with Jesse. There is a character who was abused, suicidal thoughts, PTSD, so if those trigger you, I would stay away, but if you enjoy emotional stories about wounded men helping each other heal, then I’d highly ...more
Joscelyn Smith
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can always count on this author for a deeply satisfying story and Halfway to Someday was no exception. Jesse and Ryker were very well-written characters, both hurting and feeling lost, and their story was an emotional one that I found hard to put down. Everyone who has those dark days thinks 'someday I'll be happy' or 'someday I'll be whole again' and together Jesse and Ryker find that their someday is closer than they think.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*
Jenn
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-books
Melissa
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
This is a great story about overcoming one's demons and finding happiness. It did lag in some parts, but it was a great roller coaster ride and one I hated to see end.
K.J. Swann
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Layla Dorine hit this book out of the park. I've read a lot of her books and by far this is her best one yet!
Karen Rich
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2020
What a beautiful story this is between Jesse and Ryker both suffering from different aliments, but put them together and love explodes off the pages, when they both are thrown together and gradually realise that they can help ach other.
I highly recommend this book and I am looking forward to reading more from this author.
UnusualChild{beppy}
Christine

• Sticky Fingers
  • To the Flame
  • Adam Bomb
  • Darkest Hour Before Dawn (THIRDS, #9)
  • More than a Superstar (More Than, #1)
  • Sanctuary (Wrecked #1)
  • Before the Call  (Small Town Hearts, #2)
  • Mystic Man
  • Homecoming Hearts Collection
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Love - Limited Edition
  • The Edge of the World
  • Howling on Hold
  • Feralsong (Green Creek #3.5)
  • Beast
  • After the Crash (Small Town Hearts, #1)
  • Rescuing Kyle (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
LAYLA DORINE lives among the sprawling prairies of Midwestern America, in a house with more cats than people. She loves hiking, fishing, swimming, martial arts, camping out, photography, cooking, and dabbling with several artistic mediums. In addition, she loves to travel and visit museums, historic, and haunted places.

Layla got hooked on writing as a child, starting with poetry and then branching