Start by marking “Fake It Til You Bake It” as Want to Read:
Fake It Til You Bake It

Fake It Til You Bake It

Emery St. James never dreamed of being a contestant in one of those dramatic baking contests. But then her life turned into a reality show of epic proportions.
Owning a bakery was her childhood dream – and the pompous rich boy who opens a French pastry café right down the street, her worst nightmare. The last thing she needs as she struggles to make ends meet is competition
Kindle Edition
Published March 5th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Fake It Til You Bake It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fake It Til You Bake It

Start your review of Fake It Til You Bake It
Treena
Not a bad “foodie romance”. It was okay for me. I just gravitate to a certain type of MC *shrugs* and these two were just a tad too sweet and too nice to suit my tastes.
Jeanie Jackson
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-2020-read
Delightfully romantic read! Sweet with a bit of vinegar.
Vinessa
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this book.
I did not put it down.
Hilarious
Gramma Gladys is bat nutty crazy awesome.
Franklin is a hoot
This is Emery and Marshall's love story.
It all starts with a bakery and a french pastry shop.
Marshall just moved to Texas to open his pastry shop a few doors down from Emerys bakery.
She is fun, sassy, fiery and a little petty but sweet, passionate and loyal.
They want to dislike each other well she wants to dislike him
Their back stories are both horrible but different .
They both have eve
Allyssa Painter
Let me start by saying: This wasn't a bad book. It just wasn't quite my kind of book.

What I liked: I liked the overall plot and concept of this book. I liked watching the relationship grow between the characters. And I liked the ~idea~ of the best friend and grandma.

What I didn't like: It was much more raunchy than I expected. Now, I can handle a sex scene or two in books, and some innuendo, but this was over-the-top. And it wasn't even the sex scenes that got to me. It was the constant dialogu
Kari Hansen
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
With the help of her family and friends Emery has achieved her dream of opening her own bakery and her business is growing but the last thing she needs is the competition from a French pastry shop in her neighborhood. Due to a betrayal Marshall finds his career and life in Las Vegas destroyed so he heads to his hometown for a new beginning and to be close to his family.

Although their first meeting didn’t go well with the help of their matchmaking mothers Marshall and Emery find themselves coerce
Anonymous 5
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first time reading something by Ms. Cyr and I really enjoyed it. This is a such a cute and fun story! Marshall has just moved to town and has opened his pastry shop a few doors down from Emery's bakery. Emery is fun and sassy and of course wants to hate Marshall for opening his shop so close to hers. After going on a few dates they start to soften towards each other. There are so many fun and laugh out loud moments as you follow them along their journey to love. They both have issues ...more
Sondra Olbrias
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emery owns a bakery where the towns sweetest and most popular treats are made. Marshall is opening a pastery shop 2 blocks over. He does not foresee a problem but Emery does. Marshall is attracted to the hothead yelling at him every chance she gets. As a punishment for a ruined dinner party both mothers force them to go on a few dates. What starts a requirement becomes a pleasure. This story runs you through all the feels. Yoy will get mad, laugh, cry and fall in love. All the over top character ...more
Emily Pennington
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Emery St. James finally made her dream come true of owning her own bakery. Life was good, until the rich guy, Marshall Bartlett, showed up and opened a French pastry café down the street to draw business away from her! The man even audaciously stole her parking spot!

But to foster a truce between them, their families force them into trying just five innocent “get to know you” dates. Between the main characters and the amazing secondary characters, this book will keep you laughing and cheering fr
Lacey
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Want romance? Want arguing? Want heat that will make your panties drop? Throw in a wacky crazy grandma and this Rom Com will not disappoint. I could not put this book down! I love the sweet treats this book painted my imagination. From the boozey cupcakes to the “canned icing” I was laughing and crying. My heart would race and my cheeks heated. What an amazing balance of sweet and sexy! Plus you’ll want to get up and bake after you finish reading!
Melinda Swaine
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sexy, cute, swoon worthy read!!

A funny, sexy, sweet rom-com from a fresh, sparkling new author to me. Once you start reading, you won’t be able to put it down. Fake It Til You Bake It is the kind of story that makes your bookish romantic heart sing. Emily Cyr delivers a sexy, cute, swoon-worthy read. Can’t wait to read more book like this one from this awesome author. Happy reading everyone!!
Deb O
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I loved this book Fake it Till You Bake It, it was amazing. It takes place around a bakery shops. It's Emery and Marshall's story that had me laughing out loud at times with the flamboyant friend, the grandmother and two rival bakers. It was sweet, romantic and a heart touching story that I loved.

Ashleigh
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great characters that will keep your interest extremely well.
I'm not going to go into detail, no spoilers, just read the book if you are even mildly intrigued by the blurb. You'll thank me later!

The chemistry, sweetness, and twists in plot kept things interesting. Add in drama and passion and you have a good read.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Urszula
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable enemies to lovers book. Both love baking. She sees him as threat, he sees her as a prospect cooperative. But they childish behaviour lands them in trouble. How would it end????? Nicely written and composed story. Enjoyable and funny.

Amber  Christiansen
I found myself laughing a lot while reading this. Several of the obstacles and misunderstandings were just hilarious. The grandma was funny all by herself. The romance between Emery and Marshall was sweet with a bit of steam and I enjoyed reading as it played out.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review, but my opinions are my own.
Elizabeth McDaniel
Emery owned their small town bakery. Marshall was moving to get close to his family and open his own pastry shop. He felt sparks for the spitfire baker but winning her over was going to be a hard but fun time. This was a fun read with interesting and funny characters.

Monica
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fake it will you bake it, was my first read by Emily Cyr and all I can say is where has she been all my life! I loved the crazy over the top grandmother, this book has it all and it’s such a fun read.

Geraldine Streit
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s a cute story. Characters are good even if emery has the tendency to speak and act before thinking she is a bit too rash.

Kimberly
Jun 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is a good romantic comedy read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable funny romance read.

Tristan Burbridge
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story line was great, the character work was fantastic and had a good flow to it. This was a quick, fun read which kept me laughing throughout the book.

Amaris
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was such a sweet and cute small town romance. Really love to book can’t wait to read more from this author
Catarina Águas
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked it but it felt like some parts were forced when it cames to comedy
Melissa Taylor
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Laugh out Loud awesome!! I just loved it!!
Shelby (Book Lovers Have More Fun)
Fake it Til You Bake It was my first read by Emily and I really LOVED it.

The cover was the first thing that attracted my attention. It's very CUTE and stands out.

This book had me laughing my ass off almost immediately!!! Because of that I knew I found a winner. From a crazy grandmother, a flamboyant best friend, to two rival bakers.

I also loved that this book just wasn't nonstop laughs, but there were some serious moments/issues.

I'm so looking forward to the rest of the books in this series
Lisa Habinowski
Cecilia Koski
Mar 24, 2020
Kerry
Jun 21, 2020

• The Fake Date Agreement (Awkward Arrangements 1)
  • Treacherous
  • Take Me There
  • Cheesy on the Eyes (Slice #5)
  • Never Been Kissed
  • We're Just Pretending (Big Fat Lie #3)
  • The First Taste (Inked Love, #2)
  • Assisting the Bosshole (The Bosshole Files, #1)
  • Love to Hate You (The Fillmores, #2)
  • Mr. H.O.A.
  • The SEAL’s Convenient Marriage
  • To My First And Last One Night Stand (The Inappropriate Bachelors, #3)
  • Running from Romeo (Runaway Rom Com series, #2)
  • Shift Happens (New Orleans Nocturnes, #2)
  • Love under Lockdown: Heart-stirring Sweet Romance Isolationship stories
  • The Billionaire's Pregnant Competition (The Billionaires Club #1)
  • Faking It with the Frenemy
  • Midsummer Spell (Smoky Mountain Dragons, #2)

News & Interviews