Start by marking “The Trouble With Love (Faith & Fortune, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble With Love (Faith & Fortune, #1)

The Trouble With Love

(Faith & Fortune #1)

I, Holiday Brown, have it all. A platinum record. Multi-million dollar home in Manhattan that I share with my two best friends. Life is looking fantastic until my roommate’s brother decides to bunk in our guestroom while his house gets renovated.

W. Emmett Bell has always been the bane of my existence. He’s annoying, stubborn, a know it all, and just might be the most gorge
Published May 26th 2020

Start your review of The Trouble With Love (Faith & Fortune, #1)
Nicole
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Inkwell Inspirations

“Music touched my soul like nothing else. It was the one time I truly came alive and all the cares of the world faded away.”

The Trouble With Love is a fabulous introduction to Toni Shiloh’s new Christian Chick Lit series, Faith & Fortune. Humor, romance, friendship, and even a bit of suspense…this book has something for everyone.

In The Trouble With Love, pop star Holiday Brown shares a house in Manhattan with two of her famous friends, Tori and
Melissa Tagg
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I started out reading Toni Shiloh’s latest book because the cover is fantastic. And also because I saw so many people talking about it! I don’t actually read a ton of contemporary romance. For some reason, it takes quite a bit for me to fully invest and happily lose myself in a modern-day story. I’m super happy to say that’s exactly what happened with this book. The things that delighted me most:

-The setting. I’m a small-town girl. I write small-town stories. And a LOT of the historical fiction
Staci
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
Cute novel about three wealthy young women living in New York. I enjoyed seeing Holiday's faith journey and loved that "Wally" called her various holiday names. ...more
Marguerite Gray
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this new series by Toni Shiloh. How did she do it? She gives her characters the lives of the rich and famous. So believable! Holiday faces the trouble with love as well as trouble with being a celebrity, with her father, with life in general. I'm ready for what faces Holiday and her friends in the next books. Their life lessons are ones we face, well maybe not as celebrities, but we face them in our own lives. ...more
Jaime Jo Wright
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I totally enjoyed this relatable, fun, thought-provoking chick-lit novel by Toni Shiloh! It satisfied all the romantic hopes and kept me enthralled from page 1 to the end!
Rachel Fordham
I read this while at the beach with my kids. It was a delightful step away from what I normally read (I'm a big historical reader). Loved the city setting, the character growth and sweet romance. Well done Toni! ...more
Brittany
Oh, this book was so good! What a great combination of characters and emotions in this story. As I turned the last page, I wished I had book two to dive right into because I got so involved in these characters’ lives.

The author did a nice job of introducing the three main women of the Faith and Fortune series. These three women are successful and famous in their careers, as well as being from wealthy families. It was easy to see both the benefits and the downsides to their lives, including the n
Victoria Bylin
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Toni Shiloh’s The Trouble with Love is my kind of story—a contemporary romance that shows authentic human beings searching for both love and meaning. The dialogue pops at every turn. The characters tug at the heart, and the ending was both perfect and a surprise.

Popstar Holiday Brown has fame and fortune, but she’s had a rough upbringing and finds it difficult to trust. When photographer W. Emmett Bell walks back into her life, she’s challenged to see the world through a new lens of faith. Add
Sarah Monzon
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Toni Shiloh’s books. Soulful, humorous, and spiritual. Can’t wait to read Tori and Octavia’s stories!
Stephenia McGee
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved how this book swept me away to a big city with a spunky heroine. The celebrity life, love, and great characters made this book a fun escape!
Kate Willis
I’ve been wanting to try something by this author for a long time now (I appreciate her perspective, reviews, and just her online presence in general), and my FB reading group assured me that this was the book to start with.

They did not fail me.

I fell in love in literally just a few pages, and I can happily say that by the time I was done reading I had 98 highlights on my Kindle. XD Those highlights vary from conversations that made me laugh aloud to passages that fed my soul or warmed my heart.
Raelee Carpenter
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Toni Shiloh's new series is just a little different than her previous work. I loved this title, and I'm looking forward to the next. ...more
Renee
Charming. Light but not shallow. Beautifully weaves faith elements into the very essence of the characters. A winner! My first Toni Shiloh book, but definitely not my last!

Favorite Quotes: “The more we spend time with someone, the right someone, the more we want to get to know them, you know? . . . But with God, that desire to know Him more keeps us seeking Him and keeps our relationship fresh. We’ll never know all there is to know while we’re on earth. But one day all believers will be in heav
Vicky Sluiter
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Author Toni Shiloh begins a new series that is quite unlike her others, but don’t let that dissuade you. She’s done a great job with this story, bringing in much needed diversity to the Christian fiction scene.

Based on the friendship of three young women, we meet Holiday Brown, who appears to have it all. But does she? Can money and fame really buy happiness? While the setting is the New York “jet set” these characters come across as real, ordinary people with real, ordinary struggles. I think y
Okay, this was a hard book to rate first off here are the good points:

Steller writing!! Some of the best I've read in a while.
The characters were unique and amazing. Each one lept off the page.
Faith is important but not shoved into the story. It's part of the fabric of the story.
The dialogue was snappy, witty, and so much fun!
Those nicknames...just so epic.

Now, here is why I can't give this five stars:
The bible clearly states that believers are not to be married/unequally yoked with a non-belie
Marylin
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m really enjoying this new series by Toni Shiloh. I love stories of friendships.
These three girls are from very different backgrounds and lifestyles than myself, but yet, the author makes these women very relatable to us because of the issues they face.
This story has wonderful characters and fun dialogue. There is suspense and some sweet romance in this book. The author knows how to balance these together in a wonderful way.
I loved how I couldn’t put the book down. It kept me spellbound until
Janice Sisemore
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Trouble with Love

The Trouble with Love is the first book in the series. I am looking forward to reading the next book. I love the name of the main character which is Holiday. She is not looking for love but somehow it will find us. More than one kind of love. I love this quote from the book “ The Trouble with Love was it always smacked you in the face when you least expected it.”

There is lot of things I loved about this book. The friendships, relationship between father and daughter. Above
Melissa Henderson
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great new read by author Toni Shiloh. Toni has a way of bringing stories to life and drawing me in to the mind of each character. In this sweet story, the path to finding faith, trust and love is shared through heartwarming and touching moments. I look forward to reading more in this series. I received a complimentary copy of the book. No review was required.
Trisha
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a delightful story! This story has something for everyone! Romance, mystery, laugher, fun, and music. There were fun moments of laughter and heart-stopping moments of surprise where I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. But most of all the love of God was woven into this story.

Toni Shiloh writes characters that are so real you are almost certain that you could bump into them walking down the street. Authentic, charming, and witty. It was a pure pleasure to sink into this story and join the
Amanda
Jun 20, 2020 added it
This was such a satisfying read. It was entertaining and light without glossing over serious moments. Holiday was a well developed character with flaws, strengths, and authentic spiritual growth . I loved getting to know these three friends, and I can't wait to read the rest of the series. ...more
Deena Adams
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
My go-to genre is not normally romance but this story by Toni Shiloh captured me and carried me through to the end. Tempted to believe characters with professions as a singing star, super model and professional ballerina would be unrelatable, I was pleasantly surprised. The author expertly weaves internal struggles, humor, faith, danger, and romance to produce a compelling read. And as a lover of a strong faith storyline, this book knocked that aspect out of the park. If you love contemporary Ch ...more
Mikal Dawn
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A slight departure from Shiloh's normal style, but I tell you, she pulled it off!! A beautiful start to what is shaping up to be a thoughtful, romantic, read-through-the-night series.

Loved it!
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
Move over Maple Run, there's a new series in town! I have gushed over Shiloh's Maple Run series for a long time now, but this new series just might be a bit higher on the favorites line. Oh my goodness Shiloh can write. Romance? Check. Swoony hero? Check. Humor? Check. Faith element? Check. It has everything I want and more.

I think what pulled me to these characters the most was their banter. I LOVE couples that banter with each other. The nicknames they had? Yeah I was totally on board with tha
Susan L. Tuttle
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book contained two of my favorite things: wit and romance. I loved the banter, use of nicknames, and witty dialogue. And I truly loved the pace of this frenemies to more romance. For me, it's my favorite Shiloh read yet. ...more
Janine Rosche
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In The Trouble With Love, Toni Shiloh offers a fresh take on modern romance that will twirl you about the New York City high life, yet still manages to keep the characters completely relatable with their fears, longings, and faith struggles. The romance between Holiday and Emmett is flirty, fun, and completely squeal-inducing. Enjoy this escape from everyday life and dive into Shiloh’s world of faith and fortune!
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book! I fell in love with Emmett and Holiday. Their banter was what stole my heart. I loved the girlish moments. Toni did a wonderful job with this book and indeed all her books.
I enjoyed reading about their "hide and seek" kind of love. I loved how they complimented each other. Enemies turn friends. Interesting story.
Necee
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart...

“Wally blew out a breath. “Before my stay is over, I’ll get you to wave that white flag.” “Are you sure I won’t be smothering you with it?”

Toni Shiloh just found my happy spot. Her new release “The Trouble With Love” is the first book in her latest series Faith & Fortune and it may be my favourite series yet! I’m loving meeting these three best friends and roommates. They are all successful women & when one of their brothers comes to visit, the sparks fly. Holiday Brown has loathed
Kav
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the absolute delights of this novel is the witty banter between Holiday and Emmett. It's fast a furious and full of teasing (Emmett) and snark (Holiday). My, but that girl can hold a grudge and she's been nursing this one against Emmett since she was fourteen. Loved the crackling energy ziinging between these two every time they are together. My fingertips got singed from all that latent longing. :-)

And I love that Holiday and her two besties (and the heroines of future novels in the seri
Ashley
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story! Following the lives of three heiresses living in NYC, this particular novel focuses on pop star Holiday Brown and her jaded view on love. Add in a lack of musical inspiration, her roommate’s brother that she can’t stand, and someone stalking and threatening one of her best friends and Holiday’s story is full of fun and excitement from the first page to the last.

I loved the relationship between Holiday, Tori, and Octavian. There conversations were hilarious and the
Arlena Dean

Rating: Five
Review:

"The Trouble With Love" by Toni Shiloh

My Speculation:

'The Trouble With Love' was quite impressive in how well this author introduces the three main lady characters in the 'Faith & Fortune' series. Their friendship was off the chart with not only real but ordinary struggles. We find all three women [Tori, Holiday, and Octavia] had successful career
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Create new series 3 49 Jun 10, 2020 08:05AM

• Molly (Sewing in SoCal, #1)
  • Start With Me
  • Jocelyn  (Sewing in SoCal, #2)
  • Send Her To Me Lord
  • Something Borrowed: Christmas Weddings Collection
  • To Love a Prince (True Blue Royal, #1)
  • The Lost Lieutenant (Serendipity & Secrets, #1)
  • A Match Made at Christmas
  • Just Like Home (Harbor Pointe, #4)
  • Love and a Little White Lie (State of Grace, #1)
  • Hadley Beckett's Next Dish
  • A Portrait of Loyalty (The Codebreakers, #3)
  • The Gentleman Spy (Serendipity & Secrets, #2)
  • Almost a Bride (The Bride Ships, #4)
  • Some Bright Someday (Maple Valley #2)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • To Steal a Heart (The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency, #1)
  • Driftwood Dreams (Carolina Coast #2)
Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. Once she understood the powerful saving grace thanks to the love of Christ, she was moved to honor her Savior. She writes to bring Him glory and to learn more about His goodness.

Faith & Fortune (3 books)
  • The Truth About Fame (Faith & Fortune, #2)
  • The Price of Dreams (Faith & Fortune 3)

News & Interviews