Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Corporate Rebels: Make Work More Fun” as Want to Read:
Corporate Rebels: Make Work More Fun
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Corporate Rebels: Make Work More Fun

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  163 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Joost and Pim, known as the Corporate Rebels, are on a mission to make work more fun. They quit frustrating corporate jobs to visit the world’s most inspiring companies. While checking off their renowned Bucket List, they share what they have learned so far.

This book is for people who know workplaces could, and should, be better. Whether you’re in the leadership team, a re
...more
222 pages
Published 2020
More Details... Edit Details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Corporate Rebels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corporate Rebels

Community Reviews

Showing 1-30
Average rating 4.09  · 
Rating details
 ·  163 ratings  ·  27 reviews


More filters
 | 
Sort order
Start your review of Corporate Rebels: Make Work More Fun
Judy Lundy
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Back in the early 90s I read Ricardo Semler’s ground-breaking book Maverick and was inspired. Semler’s book gave me hope that there was a better way of designing and leading our organisations that would enable people to do great productive work while fulfilling their own dreams. Over the intervening years, as I alternated between consulting roles and teaching organisational behaviour courses in business schools around the globe I worked to help create this new world. Often I have despaired as I ...more
Bülent Duagi
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved the stories and resonated with the 8 trends / patterns that the Corporate Rebels team observed across the 100+ interviews with progressive organizations and thought leaders.
Jorė
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Having followed Corporate Rebels for quite a while, the book doesn't bring many surprises. But it doesn't mean it is any less valuable. The authors explore the ways of working that are often called as "nice but not for us" in traditional companies, proving one example after another that work can be fun and it doesn't clash at all with success in business. There's plenty of case stories and summaries of actionable steps to take, which makes it a very down to the earth, practical read.
Some places
...more
Miguel Ocaña
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: agile
Es un gran trabajo de recopilación y síntesis de lo que han visto en sus entrevistas a lo largo del tiempo, pero creo que todo ese trabajazo no se muestra muy bien en el libro.. para mí una lástima, aunque tiene que ver mucho con mis expectativas, sin duda esperaba más
Bruno
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Een prachtig rebels en eigenwijs boek... veel komt ook al wel voor op hun blog maar het is een plezier om terug te vinden in acht thema’s, met veel inspiratie en manieren om te starten. Er is natuurlijk geen unieke methodologie (gelukkig maar), maar wel heel veel mogelijkheden. En er is dus geen excuus meer om het traditionele model op de schop te doen. Waar wacht je nog op?
Eduardo Padilla Padilla Mejia
Vivimos tiempos de cambio, hoy en dia el termino de moda es el VICA, estamos en plena evolución de la cuarta revolución industrial y cada vez se ven venir cambios mas grandes. Somos afortunados de vivir esta pandemia nunca antes vista. La organizaciones tambien estan evolucionando siguiendo estas tendencias de cambio y este libro resumen experiencias de organizaciones de todo el mundo donde el proceso evolutivo ya se esta dando. Las organizaciones TEAL son la nueva tendencia con 3 pilares fundam ...more
Kasia Tang
Feb 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Jestem trochę rozdarta :)

Z jednej strony książka jest pełna inspirujących pomysłów i przykładów, opisów wyjątkowych firm i ich sposobów działania. Każdy rozdział jest podsumowany w formie pomysłów do wykorzystania, na skali od najmniej do najbardziej "rewolucyjnego". Z całą pewnością może być świetnym przewodnikiem dla osób, które chcą wprowadzać zmiany, choć pewnie od managera w górę.

Z drugiej strony z niewyjaśnionych przyczyn dość często włączał się we mnie wewnętrzny sceptyk. Jakoś nie mogłam
...more
Soumaya
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: work
Het aanschaffen van dit boek was een best ondoordachte keuze. Iets triggerde me toen ik het zag op de site van de leverancier Managementboek.

Van het ene hoofdstuk naar het andere hoofdstuk was ik benieuwd wat er komen ging. Ik moet bekennen dat ik verrast ben hoe goed het opgebouwd was. Door de vele voorbeelden was het goed voor te stellen. Ik kon het ook prima relateren aan mijn huidige omstandigheden en dat vond ik fijn. Ik ben opzich een rebel merkte ik zelf. Ik wacht niet op een manager die
...more
Pete Quinn
Whether you want some recent data on engagement, case studies about successful (or poorly executed initiatives) or just some positive stories then buy this now. Read it and try it. I think this is the way forward for many organisations whether this be a white goods monolith from China, a climbing company or a care organisation.

I expect this will be a book I revisit, give away and hope their will be a sequel too.
mcq
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interessant boek. Denk dat je het ook allemaal in het blog kan terugvinden maar dit is een mooie samenvatting. Mooie verhalen over de verandering van werk. Veel zaken zijn direct inzetbaar en het motiveert ook weer ander verhalen te lezen zoals het verhaal van David Marquet die een marine onderzeeër radicaal anders ging leiden.
Aanrader.
Alessia
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rebels_work
Se credi nella possibilità di lavorare meglio e di essere felice mentre lo fai, questo libro è fonte di ispirazione molto pratica. Storie di organizzazioni e gerarchie che vengono sovvertite completamente, in modo rivoluzionario portando a risultati straordinari, non per chi guida, non per chi comanda, per TUTTI. Incredibilmente ispirazionale!
Fran Cormack
Aug 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Having finally got around to reading The Corporate Rebels, there is so much I can take inspiration from. Not all corporate jobs need to be drudgery and bureaucracy. There is another way. We just need to be brave, and find it.

I’m looking forward to many updates of this book as The Rebels keep up their good work.
Brent Lowe
I’ve always admired and respected Pim and Joost's exceptional storytelling abilities. They’ve done a fantastic job of taking the core ideas embraced by the most inspiring organizations and made them feel easily accessible and no-brainers. They captured the best ideas from leading thinkers and doers from around the world into one easy-to-read book. I highly recommend. ...more
Floris
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Een verzameling van ideeën waar de auteurs fan van zijn. Zeker reden om eens na te denken over hoe je werk is georganiseerd.
Er is echter geen onderbouwing van of en waarom deze ideeën werken. Er wordt specifiek naar positieve voorbeelden gezocht, puur anekdotisch dus. Het boek levert ook geen kritische reflectie op de voorstellen. Niet mijn soort boek zullen we maar zeggen.
J. Elise
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the examples and the summaries with simplified levels of possible implementation. I've read several books about these organizations, so enjoyed this look at shared patterns. That said, I'm not sure I'd start here if I was just beginning to look at these ways of working. ...more
Frank
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The corporate rebels take the reader on a journey around the world in search of progressive ways of working. Out of this journey they derived eight trends, which are described in this book and could inspire you(r business) too.
Valentine Favrod
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Many places are giving a new meaning to the word "work" by giving sense to it. The Corporate rebels got out to meet them and collected some of their inspiration. This way of working is adopted because it is full of purpose but also simply: because it works! Thank you for sharing. ...more
Sebastian Mierau
Dec 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great review of the progressive companies out there. Learned a lot about team, motivation, and alternative company structure. The end holds some very practical tips for experimenting in your own company.
Raquel
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Find inspiration from successful radical companies to improve yours. Explore, test, and learn. We know what engages our employees, but are we taking action on it? Are we taking action on what researchers show us will improve performance and engagement?
Cristen
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book.
Elana
Dec 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Loved the overall message of the book and research behind it, but found the book not particularly well written or easy to reference.
Nadja Petranovskaja
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
Wonderful and inspiring plus encouraging summary of where we are today in terms of making work more meaningful. I love the 5 practical examples added to each trend.
Peter Kuin
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Voor deze categorie boeken zeer een aanrader. Goed te lezen management boek met inspirerende voorbeelden.
Linda Rosink
Sep 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: study
Good ideas, inspiring examples. Did not really enjoy the style of writing, though.
Rikke Kjær
Jul 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A must read for all. Great way to learn new ways of working or at the least get inspired.
Renato Caliari
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: organizations
It was great to remember cases of progressive organizations in an updated way and find out about new cases, pioneers and references.
The book is divided into 8 trends that the authors uncovered visiting 150+ pioneers around the globe.

The storytelling made the reading pleasant and inspiring.
Bram Mutsaers
Nov 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Both for inspiration and practical tips about transforming your work/ business.
Ruben Baetens
rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2020
Alexis
rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2021
George Askwith
rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »

Readers also enjoyed

  • Brave New Work: Are You Ready to Reinvent Your Organization?
  • Reinventing Organizations: A Guide to Creating Organizations Inspired by the Next Stage of Human Consciousness
  • Humanocracy: Creating Organizations as Amazing as the People Inside Them
  • Le temps des amours (Souvenirs d'enfance, #4)
  • Turn the Ship Around!: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders
  • Shape Up: Stop Running in Circles and Ship Work that Matters
  • No Rules Rules: Netflix and the Culture of Reinvention
  • Rethinking Agile: Why Agile Teams Have Nothing To Do With Business Agility
  • Untamed
  • Stoorzender
  • Going Horizontal: Creating a Non-Hierarchical Organization, One Practice at a Time
  • Lead and Disrupt: How to Solve the Innovator's Dilemma
  • Scrum and XP from the Trenches
  • The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
  • The Culture Map: Breaking Through the Invisible Boundaries of Global Business
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • What Lies Between Us
  • Good Girl, Bad Girl (Cyrus Haven, #1)
See similar books…

Related Articles

  Speaking with Adam Grant feels like having your brain sandblasted, in a pleasant sort of way. As an author, professor, and psychologist,...
71 likes · 1 comments