Start by marking “Corporate Rebels: Make Work More Fun” as Want to Read:
Corporate Rebels: Make Work More Fun

Corporate Rebels: Make Work More Fun

Joost and Pim, known as the Corporate Rebels, are on a mission to make work more fun. They quit frustrating corporate jobs to visit the world’s most inspiring companies. While checking off their renowned Bucket List, they share what they have learned so far.

This book is for people who know workplaces could, and should, be better. Whether you’re in the leadership team, a
222 pages
Published 2020

To ask other readers questions about Corporate Rebels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corporate Rebels

Start your review of Corporate Rebels: Make Work More Fun
Bülent Duagi
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved the stories and resonated with the 8 trends / patterns that the Corporate Rebels team observed across the 100+ interviews with progressive organizations and thought leaders.
Jorė
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Having followed Corporate Rebels for quite a while, the book doesn't bring many surprises. But it doesn't mean it is any less valuable. The authors explore the ways of working that are often called as "nice but not for us" in traditional companies, proving one example after another that work can be fun and it doesn't clash at all with success in business. There's plenty of case stories and summaries of actionable steps to take, which makes it a very down to the earth, practical read.
Some places
Judy Lundy
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Back in the early 90s I read Ricardo Semler’s ground-breaking book Maverick and was inspired. Semler’s book gave me hope that there was a better way of designing and leading our organisations that would enable people to do great productive work while fulfilling their own dreams. Over the intervening years, as I alternated between consulting roles and teaching organisational behaviour courses in business schools around the globe I worked to help create this new world. Often I have despaired as I ...more
Pete Quinn
Whether you want some recent data on engagement, case studies about successful (or poorly executed initiatives) or just some positive stories then buy this now. Read it and try it. I think this is the way forward for many organisations whether this be a white goods monolith from China, a climbing company or a care organisation.

I expect this will be a book I revisit, give away and hope their will be a sequel too.
Valentine Favrod
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Many places are giving a new meaning to the word "work" by giving sense to it. The Corporate rebels got out to meet them and collected some of their inspiration. This way of working is adopted because it is full of purpose but also simply: because it works! Thank you for sharing.
Nadja Petranovskaja
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
Wonderful and inspiring plus encouraging summary of where we are today in terms of making work more meaningful. I love the 5 practical examples added to each trend.
Renato Caliari
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: organizations
It was great to remember cases of progressive organizations in an updated way and find out about new cases, pioneers and references.
The book is divided into 8 trends that the authors uncovered visiting 150+ pioneers around the globe.

The storytelling made the reading pleasant and inspiring.
Anne-Karlijn

• In Europe: Travels Through the Twentieth Century
  • The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism
  • Een eeuw POPmuziek. Van crooners tot dubstep
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Freedom, Inc.: How Corporate Liberation Unleashes Employee Potential and Business Performance
  • The Great Mental Models: General Thinking Concepts
  • The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
  • 101 Habits of Highly Successful Novelists: Insider Secrets from Top Writers
  • Principles: Life and Work
  • It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work
  • Building the Learning Organization: Mastering the 5 Elements for Corporate Learning
  • Le temps des amours (Souvenirs d'enfance, #4)
  • The Night in Lisbon