Start by marking “Crucible (Deviant Games #0)” as Want to Read:
Crucible (Deviant Games #0)

Crucible

(Deviant Games #0)

Raelynn Davenport.
An elusive beauty queen with a sordid past.

The Blackwoods.
A prominent family with a graveyard full of tortured skeletons.

The plan couldn't have been simpler.

All I had to do was swap my big city life and tarnished reputation for a fresh start in a small town. Catching the immediate attention of said town's heartthrobs was nowhere on my agenda.

Published January 10th 2019 by BB Books

To ask other readers questions about Crucible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crucible

Start your review of Crucible (Deviant Games #0)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
3bdbf-CRUCIBLETEASER42B252822529

So this was a fantastic appetiser for the forthcoming main course the only problem here I had was that I wanted that meal as soon as I finished here rather than waiting for its imminent release.
Patience is definitely not my middle name folks.
So in "Crucible", we get introduced to The Blackwoods, an extremely dodgy family with some way off Eeby-Geeby vibes and Raelynn Davenport in town to start over and escape a mistake in her not so distant past and it's not long into her arrival that she
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description
CRUCIBLE is a relatively short prequel to this authors upcoming AFFLICTION series that is due to be released in 2019. I am honestly not sure what to say that I haven't said ten thousand times when it comes to this author. I am starting to sound like a broken record (lol). I simply love this author. Even the few less than stellar books are still very enjoyable reads. She does dark and twisted as no one can...

description

So yea, no surprise here I loved this one. We are basically given a little teaser of
*~* Susie
Why did I read this before the series was complete??? I hate not at least knowing a release date.
Kahea
***5 ‘Play’ Stars***

I knew this one would be dark and deviant simply based on the blurb, but it is looking like it’s going to a luscious little mind fuck as well and I cannot wait to see just how far things go. Now,
Crucible is more of a “Hi! How are ya? Let’s introduce you around a bit and get a feel for the place” type of read, so we really only get a taste of what’s going on, though I will say that the smexy is HAWT! But we do meet what looks to be all the major players and I NEED to know
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Yikes. I absolutely loved this story. Like all books I’ve read by this author I literally inhaled the story. I’m addicted to her words. Where do these stories come from? Heck I don’t care once they keep on coming.

Raelynn finds herself in a small town looking for a fresh start. She gets more than she bargains for when she meets The Blackwoods.

I’ve got a feeling this is only a teaser of what’s in store and I’m super excited to read more of this series. Bring it on!
Brit
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first finished read of 2019. And it didn't disappoint. Nothing from Natalie Bennett ever does. Because everything she writes is gold. I have fallen in love with the Blackwoods and want more from them. I cant wait to read more from this messed up family
Caitlin Audet
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

Disturbingly sexy is how I would describe Crucible by Natalie Bennett. This is the prequel to the upcoming series, the Deviant Games, with book one out soon and is already set up quite nicely for all the twisted, dark fun that is bound to occur. For a shorter story Natalie Bennett sure did pack the punches, with the introduction to the town and it's key players. From the blurb you get a tiny taste that something's not quite right but the real
Bunnycore
It’s no secret I own almost every single book Natalie Bennett has written. I mean there are a few that are out of print and I don’t own those. which kind of makes me sad because I believe she belongs on anyone’s bookshelf. But I’m biased.

Crucible is about a girl who loves everything retro. Down to almost the last detail. She had to run away because she assaulted her ex with a snow globe. So, she disappeared to a small town. A small town with some very big Secrets. Involving the Nikolas and
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
HOLY SWEET BABY JESUS WTF did I just read is what I was thinking when I finished reading this novella. I have to say that Natalie Bennett has knocked it out the ball park with this one. I can't wait for the series to begin.

In this novella we get the introduction to this series. I will say this it is going to be dark and twisted and a real mind eff. The Blackwood family is no joke they have some serious effed up minds and friends. Raelynn moves to this small town to get away from the big city
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Crucible by Natalie Bennett is book is the Prequel for the Deviant Games Series. This starts the story of Raelynn Davenport.
Raelynn is looking to get a fresh start in the small town of Harmony Springs...all is going good until the Blackwood Family seems to interested in her. They are the predominant family in that town, with some dark secrets. Jace and Kaiden Blackwood are interested in Raelynn and think she is the women for them...but can they make her see this?
Great start to a series.
Nikitasbookreviews
Loved this

I absolutely am in love with this book and I seriously cannot wait for Malady!
From the beginning this book was intriguing and I couldn’t put it down!

Jace and kaiden are uber psycho hot!
And I can’t wait to see how this plays out!
I can’t believe I didn’t read this book up until now lol

As always with natalie’s books this was was amazing!
Definite 5 stars and i highly recommend it!
Kinky Minx
4 stars

Thanks to the author for providing ARC in exchange for honest review.

Crucible is a short prequel of the Affliction series. I must say I was a bit disappointed at first but it's Natalie Bennett. She never fails to amaze her readers.

The reason I was disappointed because it was until I read to chapter six, the story starts to sound interesting. The whole story ain't long so I kinda read half and suddenly feel like I can finish the rest.

So the story, yes...what do you expect from Natalie
Kendra
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy shit. Give me more right now!!!

Crucible is just the prequel to a series and hot damn. I need the series like nobody's business. I'm craving it. Give. Me.

Bennett just keeps bringing the dark, appealing to my savage soul. She makes you crave the evil and immoral men. I just want to be sandwiched between Jace and Kaid. *fans self* Her writing keeps getting better, and I'm here for it.

This series is going to be a fun and twisted ride. I absolutely cannot wait for more.
Ally Vance
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Heart poundingly full of darkness, suspense and action.

This was an exciting read and unputdownable. I loved the build up, and the devious plot and characters kept me hooked right to the end.

Some deliciously hot scenes interspersed within the story gave it that extra kick. Mystery and intrigue drew me in until I couldn't look away from Rae's story.

Looking forward to more!
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku
Natalie Bennett never disappoints.

I started this book and couldn't put it down I read in one sitting. I love the story and I can't wait for more of the Blackwoods family they are one crazy, messed up family and I can't wait to read more.
Well written and will keep you turning the pages.

Shanene Wayne
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Games

I love every book I’ve read of Natalie’s and this book didn’t disappoint a lot of questions weren’t answered and it reminded me of dahlia series
Kim Whitehead
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhh! Natalie does it again!! Slow burn of twists and turns! Another fantastic and Hot book!! Let the games begin! Can’t wait for what’s to come!
Renee
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Crucible From Natalie Bennett is the prequeal to Affliction. A new family she will be writing about in 2019.

Raelynn Davenport is an elusive beauty queen with a sordid past. The Blackwoods are a prominent family with a graveyard full of torturned skeltons. The plan coudn't have been simpler. All Raelynn had to do was swap her big city life and tarnished reputation for the frest start in a small town.
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Holy Dark Romance! If you feel like books are better the darker and dirtier they are, then boy I have a book for you. Crucible is such an amazing story. The author draws you in from the very beginning and keeps you wanting more. I do want to give the disclaimer that this book has a cliffy and involves more than one main male.

The plot of this story is interesting. What happens when a city girl gets shipped off to a small town that is hiding many secrets? Well you will have to read to find out!
Heather Whitaker Red Hatter Book Blog
HOLY HELL!!! What a prequel to a series I'm sure I am going to love. If you are looking for a sweet read filled with hearts, flowers, and love you need to keep on scrolling. As the author puts at the beginning of the book this book does not contain any hearts and flowers. This is only my 2nd book by this author and I do believe I am becoming addicted to her writing.

Now for my review:: The book starts out with our heroine Raelynn in desperate need of change of scenery. I will not go into the
Badh
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Natalie Bennett, what do you do to me? You mess with my mind and make me wonder why I read what I read, but then I remember. I remember the awesomeness that is a Natalie Bennett story and the twists and turns and connections that go from one book to the next in a series, and then I wonder what's taking me so long to read because I want to have it done like yesterday.

Raelynn has run away to Harmony Springs. She wants to restart her life and erase everything that has happened before and the
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
What a great way to start off a series!

I don't think I ever read a book or series more deprived than how Natalie Bennett writes. She has a way to twist these psychotic stories and even though they can be sick f*ckers, I still manage to get sucked into the stories because even though these people are sick and scary as f*ck, I love her writing.

Rae is a privileged girl who had to move from a big city to a small town due to certain reasons and even though she doesn't want to make friends or fit in,
Serena Worker
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raelynn moved to a small town and glad she’d made the right choice, she only had one neighbour who kept to themselves. Entering the house with a familiar smell, she started feeling and emotions reminded her of why she moved to the town, if she hadn’t things would have been worse.
Everything was going great, she had a job interview tomorrow and liked Kayla from the diner, who organised it. She couldn’t help the strange feeling from the men that she’d met, particularly the last man who said he’d
Angela
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars of AWESOMESAUCE!!

When it comes to dark and disturbing, Natalie Bennett is a queen! Her books always take me right to edge of what I feel comfortable with and pushes me to go further, but I absolutely love it.

Crucible is the beginning of a new series for her, so we are just starting to find out about the characters and situations in which readers will find. I can definitely say that I am beyond intrigued about what lies ahead with the characters and how she will pull this story off.

Jennifer Pierson
Ladies & Gentlemen, the Queen of Darkness, Natalie Bennett has another insane story that I couldn't get enough of with Crucible, and it just scratched the surface. It's the Prequel to the Affliction series, and I have to say, I'm ready to PLAY! Up on deck is Raelynn Davenport, she's new to town, and has caught the eye of Jace & Kaiden Blackwood, two delicious twins, who are a bit, shall we say, dark?! They have insane chemistry that has sexy times lighting the sheets on fire, but she's ...more
Clare Harrison
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A second chance at life. A new town with an adorable name "Harmony Springs" and a fresh start.

A chance meeting in the quaint retro diner and life gets interesting.

They watch her, smiling knowingly. Agreeing with what they were told.

She's the one... let the games begin!

A fast paced intense prequel. A glimpse into a family of darkness.

Wow! I loved this short but definetly not sweet introduction to the Blackwoods.

I was quite shocked reading this as for some reason having never read Natalie before
Lita Thomas
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Crucible by Natalie Bennett is a new saga based on a new family in Harmony Springs. If you loved her Mercy, Bound, Release series and Obscene series than this is the next series in our dark and twisted fix. Raelynn has left her ritzy lifestyle in the big city due to nefarious circumstances and has found herself in the small town of Harmony Springs. The Blackwoods run the town and twin brothers Jace and Kaiden have their eyes set on Raelynn. The brothers are sick and depraved and dealing with ...more
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Crucible is a prequel to Natalie Bennett’s Deviant Games series. If you are looking for a sweet read about love and making sweet love then do not read this book. It’s dark and I loved it. I crave a dark read and got what I wanted in this book.

Raelynn needed a fresh start so she moved to a small town. She is working in their local diner. Trying to stay under the radar. Out of the spotlight which is unlike the life she had before the move. She thought it would be easy but she then she met the
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

When Raelynn moved to a small town, it was to get out of the spotlight and to avoid jail. The house her parents bought her is perfect with the exception of the creepy shed thats locked by a huge padlock in the backyard. The last thing Raelynn needs in her new life is the Blackwoods deciding they wanted her. The Blackwoods being one of the prominent families of the small town, they can do no wrong.... well they can but no one calls them on it. When the twins set their
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• These Monstrous Ties (Unsainted, #1)
  • Pray for Scars (Unsainted, #2)
  • Stalk Her
  • Sins: A Dark High School Bully Romance
  • Micaden's Madness
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Rules of Bennett (Rules of Bennett, #1)
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High #1)
  • Irrepairable (Pinnacle Heirs Book 1)
  • Lust (The Elite Seven, #1)
  • Callum's Hell
  • Thou Shall Not: A Dark Ten Commandments Anthology
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • Pride (The Elite Seven, #2)
  • Insolent
  • Confess
  • Bully Me (Willow Heights Prep Academy: The Elite Book 1)
  • Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)
With a penchant for (writing) villainous immoral men, and a tendency to deviate away from traditional happily ever afters, Natalie Bennett is an international bestselling author of twisted and unconventional love stories.

When she's not slaying words she's somewhere in the sunshine state, happily taking life one curve-ball at a time.

You can find Natalie on Social Media!
Newsletter:

Deviant Games (2 books)
  • Affliction (Deviant Games #1)