Start by marking “Dawn of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles #0.1-0.9)” as Want to Read:
Dawn of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles #0.1-0.9)

Dawn of Mist

(The Oremere Chronicles #0.1-0.9)

Discover where The Oremere Chronicles journey began in this epic bind-up of all 16 prequel short stories from bestselling author, Helen Scheuerer.

Before their fight to save the realm from mad tyrants and toxic mist, Bleak, Henri and Swinton led separate lives.

Delve into the secrets, the triumphs and tragedies of their earlier years, and the defining moments that made these
Published April 16th 2020 by Talem Press (first published April 12th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Dawn of Mist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dawn of Mist

Start your review of Dawn of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles #0.1-0.9)
Beth
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I think I could of had a book solely on Swinton and Fi the more I think about it.

Just to point out I'm not saying that I disliked seeing Bleak, Bren, Sahara and Henri because I did and found their back stories completely heart breaking and very insightful, it's just I LOVED seeing Swinton so happy and Fi with his old friend. They're legit two of my favourite ever characters and it makes me feel all the feels!

---------

Mini Review

Honestly I could have a full book just in Swindon and Fi and I’d be
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just when I thought the beloved Oremere Chronicles was over... BAM! Helen provides her avid readers with a prequel collection in one book! *cue happy dance*.

All of the lives of our favourite characters before they collided are laid out before our eyes in this incredible prequel. I completely agree with Helen when she advises to read Dawn of Mist after the Oremere Chronicles. It really brings the backstories and characters to life again and you sit there reading it and piecing together the events
Jenny (Bookbookowl)
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every book in this series is just perfection.

Thank you so much to Helen Scheuerer and Talem Press for sending me a copy of The Dawn of Mist, in exchange for an honest review!

Dawn of Mist is a collection of stories following the main characters in the Oremere Chronicles, that take place prior to the first book in the series, Heart of Mist.

I absolutely loved every book in the Oremere Chronicles, and Dawn of Mist was no exception. It was exceptionally heartbreaking in parts, because I already kne
Jayse
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is exactly what I wanted it to be, a look back before the toxic mist swept across the continents within this world. The characters are some of my absolute favourites EVER. The world Scheuerer has created is one in which I want to live.

I cannot recommend this series highly enough, absolutely incredible. All the feels and I want more.
Joyly Stevens
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dawn of Mist, as its title predicts, takes you back in time, to the very beginning of the story we have come to love.

Get your copy right here! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08...

Although the Oremere Chronicles by @helenscheuerer have come to an end, the story is not yet complete. Dawn of Mist is a bindup of stories about the main characters we have come to love. The stories tell of the time before the war began. Before any of them became heroes. We follow Bleak, Swinton, and Henry through
wecantlivewithoutdaylight
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
The series is GREAT! And these prequel little stories broke my heart! I love Dash even more and I understood Dimi a bit ... sigh. Anyway, Highly recommended
Caitlin
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved it!
Camillea Camillea
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Before picking up this book, I urge you to first read the trilogy: Heart of Mist, Reign of Mist, and War of Mist. The Oremere Chronicles is a fantasy trilogy that is a must for readers who like their books with:

🍃 Strong female characters

🍃 Awesome fighting scenes and cunning battle tactics

🍃 Underdog characters

🍃 Satisfying character arcs

If you’d like a more in-depth review for the books, you can check out my reviews for each book by clicking the links below.

🌺 Book One: Heart of Mist

🌺 Book Two: Re
Stephanie
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First of all, thank you to Helen Scheuerer for kindly sending me an e-arc of this book in exchange for an honest review. I absolutely love this series and will support it to the end of days. Dawn of Mist is a prequel collection of short stories, about some of the characters that you'll meet throughout the series. And though it is a prequel, I think this book is best read after reading the Heart of Mist trilogy as it brings to life the characters that you'll grow to love and give them even more d ...more
Jennifer Richardson
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What. A. Prequel. The Oremere Chronicles, Heart of Mist in particular, was one of the first fantasy novels I dipped my toes into and from the first page I was enamored, with Bleak in particular. As the stories progressed I became obsessed with Fiore and most especially in love with Henri and the strength she inspires. Joining them on their journey through trials and tribulations was an honour and an experience like no other. The depth of each characters story was fantastic but i knew I wanted ev ...more
Asia
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book revelas the moments that defined our much loved characters. The death of Senior for Bleak, Sahara for Henri and Eliza for Dimitri with the tales of their lives leading up to them; events that have been hinted at and mentioned within the main series.

I will admit my main reason for picking this up was finally learning about Swinton's past, I've wanted to since it was mentioned in the very first book. Seeing the friendship between Bren and Bleak evolve, and learning about Henri's rigorous
Gary Ditcher
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Character Revelations!

Another amazing read from Helen Scheuerer allows us to dive back in (and back in time) to see our favourite characters like never before. The beautifully written 16 prequel stories shed new light on the characters we know and love. I felt like I was behind the scenes with a VIP pass!

Any secrets or questions from the trilogy you wanted answered are unabashedly exposed, but be careful what you wish for! Stories of joy and celebration are apt to be followed by utter heartbreak
Jean Hamilton
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Oremere Chronicles was one of my top reads of 2019. I loved those books! I was so excited when I saw that Helen Scheuerer had written a prequel, a collection of short stories and vignettes the filled in some background to characters and events in the Chronicles. And that excitement was not misplaced -- Dawn of Mist was a worthy addition to the Chronicles. Much of it was truly excellent. 4 stars instead of 5 because there were a few weak spots, stories that were more like sketches, and the fa ...more
stephanie
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was graciously given an arc of this in exchange for an honest reveiw. All opions and thoughts are my own.

One thing i love more then anything when reading a series is being able to read prequels. To just dive futher into a charactors story and history and find out how they got to where they are.

The short stories are all based on the main charactors in the series. Bleak ( senior and Bren), Henrietta (The Kindred) and Swinton and FI .

Out of all the short stories in Dawn Mist my favorite is def
Kristine
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a great collection of stories that encompass the lives of characters that we have grown to know and love...and sometimes have other feelings for. It was an interesting path that we walked as we are able to see how things began. It was amazing to be a kind of fly on the wall as we were able to take a step back into the world that we have come to love.

I enjoyed being able to see things from completely different perspectives, knowing the things we now know. It was also great to have the a
Tahnaya
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I so needed this book! The Oremere Chronicles are one of my favourite book series, alongside Throne of Glass and ACOTAR. I was so upset when I finished the series, I needed more! Then Helen announced she was publishing a prequel collection and I swear I leapt for joy!!! It was heartbreaking finally finding out what happened to some of my favourite characters Bleak, Senior, Bren, Henri, Sahara, Athene, Dimitri, Eliza and Dash’s beginning, and I still need more. I definitely will be rereading the ...more
Tiffany
I loved reading of all the backstories of the main characters, especially Commander Swinton. His storyline in the main series was my favourite, and I loved reading about the events that shaped his character. That being said, all the stories were magnificently well written and engaging, setting the scene for the main story. Really enjoyed!
Lauren
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
The prequel to the Heart of Mist Trilogy! I'll admit reading about characters that didn't make it to the end of the Trilogy made me tear up for the first quarter of the book, which is no good when you are listening to the book while driving. It was fun knowing the stories then going back to get the details of how it all started. ...more
Amy
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In this collection of short stories, we get a few snapshots of Bleak, Henri, Swinton and, towards the end, Dash’s lives before the adventures that take place in the three Oremere Chronicles novels. Each story had the same captivating story telling you can expect to find when reading one of Helen Scheuerer’s creations.

You can read my full review here!

My three favourite short stories in this collection are:
- A Commander’s Place
- The Gift; and
- Dash.
Overall, this collection of short stories was bo
Lizz Turner
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is prequel so such a perfect book for the Oremere chronicles seeing the lives of the main characters seeing how they all become who they are for the series. Seeing the love & loss they go through. A brilliant job by Helen.
Kevin Quintin
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I found that this book was very easy to finish, and it part the reason for it was the knowledge you would have because the Oremere Chronicles were already finished. It made me read the whole series again, to be honest.
MissyAnn
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
He book ends, yet I want just a little bit more....
Kat Kennedy
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Already loved this series with my whole heart but this was an extra special installment because I felt like we really got to understand the main characters’ motivations and stories!!
Ashy Khaira
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Here we are given a peek into understanding Bleak, the valian kindred and swinton.Fiore is Still the awesome lil Cinnamon roll and the reason behind sahara leaving
Paris Jordan
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really beautiful little book full of short stories to take me back to the world created by Scheurer.

Delightful read.
Kelly Boyd
May 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Was good but not sure it really brought much more to the series. Did enjoy learning more about Dash's mother but it felt too quick to rush her story in the space of just 2-3 short chapters.
All the other info was interesting but not necessary and to be honest, wasn't much more than had already been described or hinted at in the main books.

If you love the series then you need to read this too but you wont miss out on much if you leave it at just the original trilogy.
Michaela
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dawn of Mist is a bind up of short stories set in the world of The Oremere Chronicles and takes place before the first book, Heart of Mist. The short stories focus on the main characters of the trilogy (Bleak, Henri, and Swinton and one story is about Dash).

The stories in Dawn of Mist are prequels to the main trilogy so they can be read before but I think it would definitely be better to read them after. I think people who are already fans of the trilogy and who are familiar with the characters
Dianne
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The crowning jewel for a trilogy that sparks the imagination and leaps off the pages for fantasy lovers as well as lovers of excellent creativity! Helen Scheurer has created a collection of prequels that takes readers back into the world of Oremere, and once again breathes life into characters we have met before. Now we know how they came to be, what made them the characters they were.

DAWN OF MIST is another breathtaking and sometimes raw journey into the pasts of characters we have met, kind of
Lee
Prequel to Heart of Mist. A collection of stories all set in the run up to book one. It explains quite a bit.. Love this, made me really like Book one more. Well worth the read.
Justine
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A trip back to the mist

This is a great set of short stories that take us back to the world of oremere and the mist. It's a great add-in to the trilogy and gives more insight into the characters I loved in the trilogy. I liked that we got more back story on all of the main characters in the other books.
Goodreads Librari...: Dawn of Mist issues 1 9 Sep 09, 2020 08:44PM

• Riven (The Relic Trilogy, #2)
  • The Ninth Sorceress (The Price of Magic, #1)
  • The Omen of Stones (When Wishes Bleed, #2)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • The Two Lives of Lydia Bird
  • Relic (The Relic Trilogy #1)
  • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • Hag-Seed
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires
  • Crown of Secrets (The Hidden Mage, #1)
  • The Dragon Reborn (The Wheel of Time, #3)
  • The Girl in Red
  • Wakenhyrst
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • When Wishes Bleed (When Wishes Bleed, #1)
  • Crown of Strength (The Hidden Mage, #3)
  • An Enchantment of Ravens
Helen Scheuerer is the YA fantasy author of the bestselling novels, Heart of Mist, Reign of Mist and War of Mist. These books are part of the trilogy, The Oremere Chronicles. The series has been highly praised for its strong, flawed female characters and its action-packed plots. It has often been likened to Sarah J Maas' Throne of Glass series, and the epic #girlpower film, Wonderwoman.

Helen’s lo

The Oremere Chronicles (3 books)
  • Heart of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #1)
  • Reign of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #2)
  • War of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles #3)