Start by marking “Batter of Wits (Donner Bakery, #5)” as Want to Read:
Batter of Wits (Donner Bakery, #5)

Batter of Wits

(Love at First Sight #2)

This is a previously-published edition - ASIN: B0839NPFLN

Hate at first sight couldn’t possibly exist, right?

That’s what Grace Buchanan thought, before her useless car stranded her on the side of a deserted road just inside the Green Valley city limits.

When Tucker Haywood—tall and handsome and full of southern charm— shows up to help, her reaction to him is the strongest th
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 299 pages
Published April 21st 2020 by Smartypants Romance

To ask other readers questions about Batter of Wits, please sign up.
Stacy Knox The audiobook is now available through Author’s Direct.

Start your review of Batter of Wits (Donner Bakery, #5)
Penny Reid
Apr 21, 2020 marked it as to-read

** NOW AVAILABLE IN KU **
FOLKS! Batter of Wits by Karla Sorensen is now available for FREE in Kindle Unlimited! You don't want to miss this one...

** LINKS **

Apple: https://apple.co/2KjwF14
Google Play: https://bit.ly/3cALuZb
Kobo: https://bit.ly/3btKxlc

** BLURB **
Hate at first sight couldn’t possibly exist,
lazybookconqueror
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
''I want to taste that smile, Angry Girl''

description

The Buchanan curse strikes again, this time with a slight twist. If you read Baking Me Crazy you know the Buchanan family is known for their love curse - once they meet THE one, it's love at first sight and a forever kind of thing. There's a rule though, the curse only applies to our beloved town of Green Valley Tennessee.

Grace is the only woman born in the Buchanan family in generations, and she doesn't really believe in curses... That's until she sees
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

He could talk a snake into crutches, if he put his mind to it.

Don't you get all high and mighty, Francine. If I had legs like hers, I'd work the pole too.

My brother smiled wide, and if his thick skull had a window in it, I would've seen the wheels spinning.

It was as if her brain was built with subtitles, because her facial expressions were so clear, so obvious, everything she was thinking played across that face as if someone was typing them in all-capped, bold letters.

This man w
Antonella
this book ...

very sweet & cute!!
almost five stars read!!

Smartypants Romance
Feb 12, 2020 marked it as to-read

** NOW AVAILABLE IN KU **
Exciting times, people! ‘Batter of Wits’ by Karla Sorensen is now available in Kindle Unlimited!! You can pick up your copy today for FREE! Woot woot!

** LINKS **

Kobo: https://bit.ly/3btKxlc

Coming to Kindle Unlimited o
z
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
"...the first time Grace thawed to me, the first time I saw a crack in that shield. And it made me want to pry it loose and see what was underneath. I should have known then that I would've done anything, sacrificed anything to have her in my life."

The story of the Buchanans and their family love curse (from Baking Me Crazy) continues in this book!

Batter of Wits is a hate-to-love story about Grace Buchanan and Tucker Haywood. Grace moves to Green Valley with his brother Grady after living wi
Izzie d
Apr 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelby
Grace Buchanan and her twin brother Grady move from LA to Green Valley to be closer to their dad and have a fresh start. Grace’s career didn’t pan out so she has nothing tying her to California. The Buchanans are known for their “curse” where everyone in the family meets their one true love in Green Valley. Grace isn’t looking for love, but instead of love at first sight she finds insta-hate with Tucker Haywood.

Tucker is a lawyer at his family’s law firm and has been dating the town’s southern
Jessica Alcazar
The Green Valley Chronicles has become a place I come home to for a while now. All the books I’ve read have taken me to a happy place. I have been introduced to so many great authors I can’t even with all my happy!

Okay, so I hadn’t had the chance to read the first book in this series before I got this ARC but as soon as I found out about the Buchanan curse plot point, I started at the beginning. OH THE JOY! I can’t even tell you which one I loved the best but I digress lol Let’s chat about this
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Reviewer✦
5 STARS!

IMG-20200506-180338-046

It's official!! I'm obsessed with Karla Sorensen and her writing!! A full-length standalone contemporary romance apart of the Penny Reid's Green Valley Book Universe, Batter of Wits is the second book I've read by Karla and it's my absolute favorite!

The Buchanan Curse is at it again and this time, Grace is the next victim. Grace also happens to be Levi Buchanan's cousin. Levi is the hero from Karla's first novel written in the Donner Bakery Series/Green Valley Book Universe, Baking M
abire
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
“The truth is that until the day you showed up, I’d never taken a true risk in my entire life, Grace. No matter how unhappy I might have been, I couldn’t see a future that was worth risking what I did have, all those perfectly fine things. But falling in love with you,” he said, tracing the edge of my lips, “and being apart from you, I realized that nothing else comes close to deserving that word, the only thing that does is trying to imagine life without you.”

4.25 stars.

No one is
Kahea

Check out an Excerpt HERE

***4 ‘I Like Your Crazy’ Stars***

Love at first sight is a typical trope. Hate at first sight? Not so much, but considering there is a belief that the two emotions tend to be one and the same, or at least that there is a very fine line that separates them, it was something I could definitely get behind...especially AFTER I remembered the Buchanan “curse” and then it all fell into place and I was all in and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

Grace and Tucker. I really liked
Susan (susayq ~)
Oh my heart! This was perfect! I loved every word. Tucker and Grace's story had me filled with an angst-like anticipation because of the whirlwind they were in. And when I read the ending, I squealed out loud and might have even kicked my feet in total joy!

This is a book that I will re-read in the future 😊

Make sure you check out my post about this book on the blog I run with my bestie! http://www.facebook.com/twogirlswithb...
Caitlin Reads
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

Baking Me Crazy was one of my favorite books in the first Smartypants launch so I was so excited to receive this ARC. Grace moves from LA to Green Valley and runs into Tucker on her way. It was hate at first sight. Grace is the first female in the Buchanan family and doesn’t believe in the infamous Buchanan curse but is confused by the feelings she has for Tucker. Batter of Witts took me some time to get into. I was initially put off by Grace’s hostility and rudeness toward Tucker. Howe
Vanessa (nessreads)
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Batter of Wits is the fifth book in the Donner Bakery series and another addition to the Smartypants Romance novels.

This is another story of the Buchanan curse and the effects it had on Grace.

Grace is trying to find a place to fit in Green Valley. She’s having some difficulties trying to adapt to small town life. She’s strong and sassy and just dances to beat of her own drum.

Tucker is a charming and handsome southern gentleman with issues of his own. He had no idea while picking up a stranger of
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
I just adored this story!! It is fun and sweet, but still deep and emotional. There is a family love curse (or is it hate curse?)

“He kissed me until I couldn’t breathe, so he gave me his breath. He kissed me until my head spun, and he was my anchor. He kissed me until my heart almost thrashed angrily from my chest, and he kept it safely in place.”

The romance is sweet, HOT, and Swoony with a capital S! Sign me up for more stories in this series and by this author!! Keep them coming!!
-5++ Stars!!
M.E. Carter
I can't wait for the next one! ...more
Amanda
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
[I received a digital copy for an honest review]

Batter of Wits
by Karla Sorenson is the newest addition to the Donner Bakery books and the Green Valley series. I read Karla Sorensen's other release in this series and loved it, so I was excited for this book and it was as great as I expected it to be.

When Grace moves back to Green Valley the first person she meets is Tucker Haywood and if you can believe it, it's hate at first sight. She can't explain it but the mere sight of him gets her blood b
jordane
Apr 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
“I could tell him about this crazy family curse, and if nothing else, that one secret wouldn't be hanging over us. Because the one thing I knew was that my heart was safe with Tucker Haywood.”

SO CUTE
maggieandteddy
Very original story set in Green Valley in the Smartypants series.
This is said a lot, but I do think that this could be a standalone. This could be a great starting out book if you're one of the few that haven't read Penny Reid's books-or Karla Sorensen's or any of the SP books.
Grace is new to town. Tucker has lived in Green Valley his entire life.
I loved their enemies to lovers story. Grace had to deal with the Buchanan love curse.
I really enjoyed the supporting characters, especia
Lisa Mandina
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was really good! As usual, almost every single book I’ve read in the SmartyPants Romance series has blown me away. I also was so excited to get to see another member of the Buchanan family deal with the family curse of having a soulmate. Only the way Grace got it was weird, it was hate at first sight! Soon realizing she was truly only one of two females ever born to the family after the curse, it was interesting to see how it affected her and her life.

At first, I was a little worried a
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The Buchanan curse strikes again. Hate at first sight? Sign me up. Grace and Tucker were adorable. I didn't love the fact that he was with someone else at the beginning, but it worked out well for the story lines. Grace meets Tucker and instantly can't stand him. His voice is like needles in her ears and Tucker is fascinated with this Angry girl. He hasn't met anyone that gets this big of a reaction out of him, even his longtime girlfriend Magnolia. He knows he wants to be around Grace and he ne ...more
Michelle
Batter of Wits is the fifth book in the contemporary romance, Donner Bakery series by author Karla Sorensen. It is also the 22nd book in the Green Valley Universe from Smarty Pants romance. If you are new to Smartypants romance, it is a publishing line with books by several different authors, writing stories set in one of Penny Reid's universes. Many of the  stories feature characters in and around the town of Green Valley. (The Winston Brothers series) I am such a big fan of this series, and if ...more
Paula  Phillips
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grace and Grady Buchanan are moving back to their dad's hometown of Green Valley, home of the Winstons and some awesome characters. As those will recall with Levi's story we learned about the Buchanan family curse where it is love at first sight if the romance begins in Green Valley. If it is elsewhere, then the love won't be right as Levi's older brother is experiencing. Grace doesn't believe in the curse, but she is about to be in for one wild ride as she soon discovers the curse is reversed ...more
Mari
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I'm thoroughly enjoying this second release of Smartypants romances. Like the others this one is written in the same world as Karla Sorensen's Baking Me Crazy. This is Grace's story we heard of the Buchanan love at first sight curse. She moved to Green Valley to start over she doesn't think that curse will happen to her though. But it does but more like hate at first sight.

Grace and Tucker's first meeting doesn't go well at all, the littlest things about him get on her nerves. It goes o
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hoopla
Ooooooooo....that ending!!!! Ok, I really liked this one. I loved how Sorensen switched it up with the Buchanan curse being Hate at first sight for the woman. That made this one a lot of fun. But that ending!?! Oh yeah. I can't wait to see how the next one plays out. ...more
Kathryn Andrews
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Five incredible stars for Karla Sorensen, as she has once again awed me with her words. This hate to love, small town romance, will leave you longing for more Green Valley and I can’t wait to get my hands on the next installment of the Buchanan curse.
Catherine Cowles
Heartfelt, hilarious, with a dash of angst. Batter of Wits had me laughing so hard tears streamed down my face and swooning for this couple who were fated to be. A story of finding your path and fighting for what you want. Karla Sorensen shines with the perfect feel-good read!
☾ Nikki. ✿ SUGARVOGUE.
I haven’t read the other books in this series🤫 but I finished this recently and I’m not sure why I started this book first but I think you can read it as a stand-alone.

I really liked the beginning of this book. I liked how the two main characters met. I thought they were really cute together. I was hoping to enjoy this story a lot more but I didn’t LOVE it. 😟 I lost interest in it.

I did finish the whole book though 😊

A three stars.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Beef Cake (Fighting for Love #2)
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Upsy Daisy
  • Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Stud Muffin (Fighting for Love #1)
  • Eye Candy (Fighting for Love #3)
  • Dewey Belong Together (Green Valley Library, #7)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • The One That I Want (Scorned Women's Society #3)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
See top shelves…

Love at First Sight (3 books)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Love at First Sight, #1)
  • Steal My Magnolia (Love at First Sight, #3)