Start by marking “The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)

The Treble With Men

(Scorned Women's Society #2)

As far as Green Valley is concerned, Kim Dae disappeared into the Wraiths a decade ago. They were sort of right. Kim has spent her life since Jethro fighting her curious nature and trying to blend into the background. Unfortunately for her, a mysterious Maestro comes to town and takes quick notice of her for reasons unknown to anybody.

The masked conductor, known simply as
Published April 7th 2020 by Smartypants Romance

To ask other readers questions about The Treble With Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Treble With Men

Start your review of The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
lazybookconqueror
What a masterpiece. This book is going straight to my best of 2020 list.

description

"Music was the feeling of universal understanding."

The Treble with Men is a beautiful Phantom of the Opera retelling that is simply unputdownable.

Kim Dae, who now goes by the stage name Christine Day, is the quiet fourth chair cellist in the SOOK. The orchestra recently hired a new maestro, the mysterious and masked Devlin is vicious in his teachings and was dubbed by his peers the Devil of the Symphony.

When Devlin approac
Penny Reid
Apr 07, 2020 marked it as to-read

** NOW IN KINDLE UNLIMITED **
PEOPLE! You can grab ‘The Treble With Men’ by Piper Sheldon in Kindle Unlimited! WOOT WOOT! I'm so excited GO FORTH AND READ THE THING!

** LINKS **

** BLURB **
DJ Sakata
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

Richard Firmin and Andrew Gill were the co-presidents of the SOOK… Nobody else called them Andy-Dick, but as they were a package deal, it was just easier.

He pulled his baton from his coat jacket like it was Harry Potter’s wand…

“I hate guys like that. Don’t worry. If you want, I'll kick his ass.” He flexed and kissed his biceps. “These guns haven’t lost their bullets.”

If you ever tell anybody I screamed like that, they’ll never find your body.

I’ll never agree to anything without
Kat
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
OMG, Phantom of the Opera retelling with a moody motorcycle club conductor, a shy cellist and a best friend clarinet player? Silent scream!!!! This was so, so good. My inner music nerd wanted to fly within the pages and live inside Green Valley for this one, or maybe start singing along to each of my favorite Phantom songs, because oh the references. This is a great book for anyone who loves Phantom and also loves the SmartyPants Romance universe.

Christine/Kim is a cellist who was on course to
Smartypants Romance
Feb 10, 2020 marked it as to-read

You can now grab ‘The Treble With Men’ by Piper Sheldon in #KindleUnlimited! WooHoo! We’re so happy we can make our new Spring Launch releases available to the KU audience while also giving readers on other platforms a chance to grab them, too! Fear not, if you missed TTWM before the KU switcheroo, check back when it comes back out…in about 3 months.

** LINKS **
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/38j9pKK
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2u7p4Om
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2RAgRKv
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2NIubeK

Piper Sheldon
Feb 11, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The SWS is back! Kim and Devlin are ready to rock your world!
M.E. Carter
I mean, it's Piper Sheldon. Of course it's good. ...more
Caitlin Reads
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was blown away by this novel!! The Treble With Men is easily one of my top reads of 2020 and probably my favorite SmartyPants romance novel yet. I really liked Piper’s writing in her for book but it really escalated in this one. I fell hard for Devlin and Kim/Christine. Both of these characters were trying to move on from difficult things in their past and had a passion for music that brought them together. Their chemistry was undeniable and you could feel their attraction.

Phantom of the Oper
Korrie’s Korner
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.75 stars!!

If you are looking for a Phantom of the Opera retelling with a unique spin, then Piper’s The Treble with Men is right up your alley. It took me a minute to get into it just due to my scrambled brain at the moment, but I read My Bare Lady last year, and I knew I could trust Piper to take me there. I love seeing her growth as a writer, and she did an amazing job weaving all the mystery, intrigue, sexual tension, and a vulnerability between the characters in a real way. I love how both
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Emerald Book Reviews

The Treble With Men by Piper Sheldon

‘“All you need to do is watch me.” When he spoke his mask hardly moved; nobody would know he spoke at all. My gaze locked on his as it smoldered with intensity. “It’s you and me.”’

When I’m not losing myself in a good book, I can generally be found belting out musical show tunes in my kitchen, because the acoustics in it are amazing and offer me up the illusion that I’m obviously wasted talent, not treading the boards. So when I discovered a
zaira
Apr 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
"Everything that led us to this moment was worth it. If I had to stay away a hundred years just for five minutes of your time, I'd take whatever I could get."

Love this Phantom of the Opera retelling from Piper Sheldon!

Devlin - the masked conductor - wears a mask to hide himself and to avoid making connections with people. He has this great composition he's working on but he needs the help of Kim to make it happen.

Kim Dae - who now goes by Christine Day in an attempt to put distance from her
Sheila'S Book Corner
The Treble With Men is SO GOOD! I completely fell in love with the smart, funny and just slightly quirky heroine.
The story pays homage to The Phantom Of The Opera with it’s own Devil Of The Symphony, the mysterious mask-wearing, Maestro Devlin.

“Devlin had a brother? Why did this information come as such a shock to me? It conflicted with the image I had of him as a solitary grump that sprung from the earth and dwelled in the cold basements of buildings.”

As a gifted cellist, Kim Dae was heading
Antonella
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars
I still adore that all of Jethro's ex-girlfriends have a club...
This is my favorite spin-off idea for a series!!

Jessica Alcazar
WOW

Look, I don’t know how it happened, but these two totally sucked me in! I know the story behind the Phantom of the Opera. I mean who doesn’t, right? But this was fresh and new and even more exciting. There were times throughout this book that I questioned my knowledge LOL That’s the spin the author put on the story. It was glorious! I loved it! WELL DONE!
Cassandra Martin
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a retelling of the Phantom of the Opera, and Piper pulled it off flawlessly. The love for music in this book, it spoke to my soul.

I can say with certainty, this book will be a top book of 2020 for me. This story was THAT well written, these characters are THAT amazing.

I love how Kim talks about how exes shouldn't be grouped together to compare to the new relationship. That's unfair to both the exes, and the new relationship. I was full on cheering, YES!

There is so much chemistry b
Ashley (Kindled Souls Book Blog)
It takes a great deal of bravery to take on the world's most popular musical and retell it as contemporary romance. Author Piper Sheldon rises to that challenge and delivers her own, beautiful work of art in 'The Treble with Men,' which is easily one of the best books of 2020.

I could feel, and almost hear, the music coming out of the pages, an amazing testament to Sheldon's skill with the written word. I couldn't set this book down and simultaneously never wanted the story to be over. It flowed
Amanda (Romance Reviewed)
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
(ARC REVIEW) This is the story of two people (Maestro and hidden-virtuoso) who have to learn to take of their masks (literal and figurative) in order to truly understand how to love and be loved in returned.

The book is laid out much like one of Devlin's compositions, with soaring highs and devestating lows, all held together with love, family, bits of humor, and pent up emotions. You do have to suspend belief just a little over the masked "devil of the symphony" situation but once you get over
Erica Testa
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Treble with Men
I do not even know where to begin with this romance. I also do not feel like it’s out of line to state that this is one of the best novels I’ve read in the last year, if not, many years.

I must preface this review- I’ve never actually seen the “Phantom of the Opera” (blasphemy, I know!), but I know the general gist. This story is a lose re-telling with a twist, but it is absolutely unique and the characters are incredible.

Our heroine is Kim Dae (stage name Christine Day), the
Izzie d
Apr 08, 2020 rated it liked it
This is part of the Smartypants romance series which is connected to the Winston brothers series by Penny Reid.
This series is based on the ex girlfriends of Jethro Winston.
Good story.
Well written.
Grumpy Hero.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
Small other man drama and small history revealed between Jethro and the heroine.
HEA.
Michelle
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In a time when I couldn’t concentrate on anything, this book had me riveted.

Kim and Devlin both started off as great mysteries, and as we slowly learned their backstories and their connections, I loved them even more. As two characters that were hiding so much from themselves and others that they couldn’t even use their real names, it was wonderful to experience their growth as individuals and a couple in the book. Stripping off the masks, both figuratively and literally, they love each other i
Nikki
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My first thought after finishing this book was “Oh my heart!!!” The second thought was “I MUST READ THIS BOOK AGAIN!” Admittedly, I’m a huge fan of this author, the other two books she has out right now were great reads and i loved them. So my expectations were already high for this book. Piper Sheldon took those expectations and blew them out of the water! This book.....this book is everything!! The love, the music, the emotion, the life lessons...all so beautifully written and wrapped up in a ...more
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)

“ The realization that this was in fact a bathroom sunk in as I belatedly registered that a person stood hunched over the sink, gripping the basin, head hanging. Not just any person. A painfully sexy, naked, male person. Let me repeat that for those in t
Angie Reed
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kim was trying to piece her life back together one day at a time but lived in constant fear. Devlin had his own fears as well. Add in their connected pasts as well. What a great book about letting go, trusting yourself and living! Loved these two found each other!!
Emily Neilsen
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just have no words. I was having a hard time concentrating but this book pulled me into it immediately and I adored it. Kim and Devlin are brought to life brilliantly by Piper Sheldon. I just loved this book so very much. I cannot wait for more in this series and I just recommend everyone read this as soon as you can.
Elaine
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Piper Sheldon a I've have never laughed and cried so hard in my life!! This book has to go in my top 10 books of the year!! ...more
Viviana Varona
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest opinion.
It was a beautiful story and it had some wonderful life lessons within it.
I definitely recommend this book, this series, and this author.
Diana Tucker
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just Keep Playing!

Oh my - so many feels in this book. At first I’m like why the mask - this is kinda weird. In full disclosure, and at risk of outing myself, I’ve never scene the Phantom of the Opera. Yes I’ve been living under a rock! Or something. But Piper Sheldon did such an amazing job bringing the emotion and passion of this book’s characters to life that I can see why so many people do embrace the magic of musicals.

Piper also did an amazing job playing homage to role that Jethro played
Sarah Keffer book.and.beagle
4.5 stars! I loved this book! I went into it blind, knowing nothing of the story, only that I knew I had to read it because I loved this author's first book in this series My Bare Lady. Devlin is a mystery from the start, as he wears a mask/bandana to conceal his identity and he seems angry, cold and distant. Kim is just trying to do her job...play her cello, keep to herself and not garner any special attention. But she is drawn to the mysterious Devlin and when he asks her for help with a speci ...more
Amy Dickinson
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

“‘I think the past is tricky. It shapes so much of who we are. Mistakes, especially. But they’re necessary, you know? It’s a fine line between learning from them and being indebted to them […] But you can’t let it hold you prisoner. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.'”

You know when you read a book that you love to your toes, and you become so effusive about it that it overwhelms the words for your review? Well, this reader/blogger is there. To say that I’m incre
Azraa
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, arcs, romance
Thank you to the publisher for kindly providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Another cute small town rom com from the Green Valley Universe that will show you a new side of their small town yet remind you of the warm and tender parts that you know of it and love!

1. Our protagonist Kim Dae who now goes by Christine Day is a sweet, shy, strong, emotional and beautiful fourth chair cellist in the symphony of Knoxwille. She loves her job as it allows her to do the one thing she
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6)
  • Batter of Wits (Love at First Sight, #2)
  • Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
  • Beef Cake (Fighting for Love #2)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Upsy Daisy
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Dewey Belong Together (Green Valley Library, #7)
  • Steal My Magnolia (Love at First Sight, #3)
  • Eye Candy (Fighting for Love #3)
  • Street Smart (Work For It #1)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Give Love a Chai (Common Threads #2)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Weights of Wrath (Cipher Office, #4)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
Visit me at pipersheldon.com and sign up for my newsletter here!
Piper Sheldon writes Contemporary Romance and Paranormal Romance. Her books are a little funny, a lotta romantic, and with just a little twist of something more. She lives with her husband, toddler, and two needy dogs at home in the desert Southwest. She finds writing bios in the third person an extreme sport of awkwardness.

Scorned Women's Society (3 books)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • The One That I Want (Scorned Women's Society #3)