Start by marking “Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)” as Want to Read:
Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)

Been There Done That

(Leffersbee #1)

Theirs was a forever kind of love, until it was stolen.

ZORA LEFFERSBEE’S once perfect life is no longer perfect. Her tenure at the University is in question, funding for her employees uncertain, and her faux-fiancé, Jackson James’s unpredictability is wearing on her last nerve. Just when Zora is convinced things can’t get more complicated, life proves her wrong.

What the he
Published March 31st 2020 by Smartypants Romance

To ask other readers questions about Been There Done That, please sign up.
Rhonda Pierson No cliffhanger, but it does make you yearn to know what happens to the next couple!

Start your review of Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
lazybookconqueror
Be still my heart ❤️

description

This is the story of Zora Leffersbee and Nick Rossi - the one that got away. Literally. After secretly proposing to his childhood sweetheart at age 17, Nick finds himself in a difficult situation and decides to skip town, leaving Zora only with a small note.

Zora is heartbroken, but life must go on. 12 years later she bumps straight into him. She's working nonstop to guarantee tenure at her University, but it so happens that Nick needs help with the project she's working with.
Penny Reid
Apr 01, 2020 marked it as to-read

** NOW AVAILABLE IN KINDLE UNLIMITED **
GAH! You can finally grab 'Been There Done That' by Hope Ellis FREE in Kindle Unlimited! Go forth and do the thing!

** LINKS **
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2sEcF4a
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2uafgmG
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/37eZEge
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/30DJvi9

** BLURB **

DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“You remind me of that stripper in the movie. The really big one? Dark hair?” I coughed. “Uh, stripper?” One corner of her mouth went up in a sly smile. “Don’t sound so shocked. I might look like an old lady to you, but this girl’s still got a little oil left in her can.”

By all rights, this guy should be a stooped-over accountant with the eyesight of a mole. Justice demands it.

I don’t want one of your conquests to brain me with a can of peas in the middle of the Piggly Wiggly and
Z - literaryeffect
“Zora, that’s us. It always has been. No matter what space, problems, or people were between us. We belong together. Fate wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Right off the bat, I was so excited about this book when it was announced. I’m a sucker for the second chance romance trope. The fact that this is set in a small town and also serving the childhood best friends to lovers trope just enticed me even more.

Nick and Zora are childhood friends turned lovers who got separated. They meet again 12
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
This was a solid second chance romance! The main characters here were childhood best friends to lovers, but something happened with the hero that he had to leave town unexpectedly and leave the heroine. She was left devastated and they don’t see each other again until over a decade later, and he’s got a lot of making up to do.

I really enjoyed this romance! It’s heartfelt and emotional, and the whole cast of characters is great. I am always going to be a sucker for a hero who tries to do everythi
Smartypants Romance
Feb 09, 2020 marked it as to-read

** NOW AVAILABLE IN KU **
This fabulous second-chance romance from Hope Ellis takes place in Green Valley of the Penny Reid Universe. We’re excited to learn more about the Leffersbee Family!! You can check them out FREE in Kindle Unlimited!

** LINKS **
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2sEcF4a
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2uafgmG
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/37eZEge
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/30DJvi9

** BLURB **

Theirs was a forever kind of love, until it was stolen.

ZORA LEFFERSBEE’S once perfect life is no longer
Hope Ellis
Mar 02, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

'Been There, Done That' is now free to borrow on Kindle Unlimited!!!!!
Lana  (Bibliomedico)
For More Reviews , Interviews and Recommendations , Check Out My Blog : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/
********************
Thanks To the Author and the Publisher For Providing me With an Advance Reader Copy.
********************
The Authors of Smarty Pants Romance Continue  to provide us with amazing romance novels with great characters and interesting plot .

Been there done that , is an incredible second chance romance , with the most awesome characters I've read about this year .

I r
Antonella
for second chance romance to work I need some significant reason for the separation & grovel but both things were just really meh here... everything felt flat... and even though the side characters were cute & funny, I am not even sure I want to read more about them...
as romance book this was disappointing
but as a debut novel, this is a promising work

2,5 stars

Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Been There Done That: The Leffersbee series book #1 by Hope Ellis

#Review

#SmartypantsRomance

#ComingSoon

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘“I don’t wanna go back, Zora.” It wasn’t me saying it. The words took on a life of their own, slid past my mouth, crawled, arrowed to her. “Not without you. I want you back. I want us back.”

“I’m trying to be an adult. I’m trying to be a professional, a colleague, your friend, as much as it hurts. Isn’t that enough?” Her voice cracked and she closed her eyes as she sighed out, “Haven’t you
Korrie’s Korner
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
3.75-4 stars for Hope Ellis’ debut novel!

“When I left here, I left a part of me with her. It’s always been her for me. She’s all I’ve ever wanted. She’s all I’ll ever want.”

I absolutely love second chance romances, especially when they loved each other as kids, and on in their teenage years. I also love interracial romances so this was a win win situation for me from page 1.

What I loved about this book was Zora, and her strength of not only being a Doctor, but how smart she was, and incredibly
E-Reader Addict
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
I love a good second-chance romance! Is Been There Done That a good one? Well...not quite.

Zora and Nick were the best of friends growing up, which then turned into young love when they were in high school. But shortly after making plans to get married and leave Green Valley after graduating, Nick gets himself into some trouble and leaves Zora behind with only a short five sentence note. Devastated, Zora goes on with her life.

Twelve years later, Nick shows up back in Green Valley as a successful
Nerdread
Am i the only one who got Lauren and Cameron from Love is Blind Netflix show vibe from the couple in the book!?!? They’re totally similar and it made me appreciate the book even more!!

I surprisingly enjoyed it more than I thought I would to be honest! Second chance romance is one of my least favorite trope in books so when I started reading this book my expectations were moderately low. But the book handled certain situations that are often found in second chance romance very well and I wasn't
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
3.5 Stars.
I am on the fence about this story. I sorta liked it but had issues with a couple of things mainly the character and plot development.

This was a basic second chance romance. Zora Leffersbee and Nick Rossi were childhood friends and they eventually fell in love. They planned to start their life together after high school but for no reason she understood, Nick left town one night with no explanation. Zora was heartbroken, but eventually moved on.

Twelve years later, when Zora's department
mia (semi-hiatus)
Because forever does last always. It does when it's us

Nick and Zora were childhood friends until Nick abruptly left one day. He returned after a 12-year absence, determined to make amends and reclaim Zora.

This book had many tropes such as childhood friends to lovers, second chance, one bed, inter-racial relationship.

I have to say that the main feature of this book was the longing and tension between them. They were like two magnets that's going to get attracted to one another anytime soon. T
bruna
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-2020
"All I want is you. I want to live with you, laugh with you, make love with you. Have kids with your hair and heart. And then make up with you over all the stupid things I'm sure I'll do."

“Been There Done That” is a second chance romance that follows the story of Zora Leffersbee and Nick Armstrong. They were friends since their childhood, but during their last year of high school, Nick left without explanation. After 12 years apart, he goes back to Green Valley determined to apologize and
Tina
Thus was a nice little read.

I thought the author did a good job of creating a deep background for the main characters of Zora and Nick. The chemistry between them was great. And I believed in their second chance romance.

I especially enjoyed Zora's work and the author's depiction of it in the course of the story. I work in Higher ed so I always enjoy when higher ed gets represented fairly accurately in romance novels, which is rarer that you might think.

And finally, the supporting characters were
maggieandteddy
Re-reading- actually it's the audio again!! So good- better than I remember.
I love Zora & Nick.......Good ol' Jackson James is a great supporting character. <3 OMG !!
AND...I just noticed a (sneaky mention of a character in another book :O !!) -it's near the end of the book. Hold on... for the AH HA moments. *more reads to follow!
++++++++++++++++++

I've been meaning to read this since this book came out. I love so many of the smartypants books.
This takes place in Green Valley, TN, the home town
Come_read_with_me_
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5++++ Stars

I can't even begin to explain how much I loved this book!! Fake relationships, childhood sweethearts, second chance romance oh this book had it all!! It genuinely had me gripped from the very first page!

Zora and Nick were childhood sweethearts. They challenged each other, grown up together and they knew from a very young age they had something special. They were soulmates, until one tragic night that changed everything.

Twelve years later, Nick reappears. Where has he been all this ti
Saby Westcliff Bedwyn
A great second chance romance with a pining hero! I love second chances that start out in the MCs teens, and this one had Nick return as a billionaire (yay!)
Docked one star because of the incessant discussion about feelings, why they broke up the first time around etc etc. Would def read more from this author.
Amy Dickinson
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overall Grade: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

As I jumped into Hope Ellis’s Been There Done That, a SmartyPants Romance, I went in curious. I mean, in looking at her GoodReads profile, this is the only book attached to her page. Without any background, you hope for the best obviously. Given the other authors in the SmartyPants Romance universe, I expected insightful, nuanced storytelling, grounded by the Green Valley community surrounding the beloved Winston Family. After reading Ellis’s book, I realized very quickl
Brandy
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun debut novel by an author I will look for in the future. And, of course, I adore anything set in the Pennyverse of Penny Reid.
Erica Testa
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Been There Done That
“Been there done that” is a beautiful, heart warming second chance romance.

Nick and Zora were childhood sweethearts who life separated. Their story is character driven. As the story goes on, you are given insights into pieces of their past and the misunderstandings that accompany any love young story, especially one cut short. That being said- This story was absolutely unique and I never felt like our characters, past or present, were immature. They became mature far before
M.E. Carter
Now I want to marry into the Lefferbee family!
LianaReads blog
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Blog tour https://lianareads.home.blog/2020/04/...

A very well written second chance love story with great characters and interesting ways to find their happily ever after.
It’s a slow burn romance about two lives that even after many years apart can’t get over their love for each other.
I’m always looking forward to going back in the Green Valley and to have read about that Easter egg that I’m so intrigued it’s a big bonus in this book.
Can’t wait to read more books by the author becau
Paula  Phillips
Apr 01, 2020 rated it liked it
The second round of Smartypants Romance novels includes the start of a new series called "The Leffersbee Series' and the introduction to a new author Hope Ellis. The Leffersbee Series first book starts with the introduction of Nick Armstrong and Zora Leffersbee. The book starts with Nick getting into trouble after attacking the Iron Wraiths motorbikes and he is in hospital, it sounded like his mother was too. During his hospital visit, we have the Senior Sheriff Jackson James and the Mum and Dad ...more
Lenore Kosinski
Mar 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

I received a free copy through Smartypants Romance in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

3.5 stars — This one started off as a solid 4 star, and I was really intrigued about what went down that caused Nick to leave, and how their reunion was going to go. Both characters seemed solid and likeable. I loved the ownvoices aspect to Zora. And I’m always down for a book with smart/nerdy characters. It wasn’t more than 4 stars because something ab
Kahea

Check out an Excerpt HERE

***4 ‘#TeamZora’ Stars***

This was a fun read, a little slow at times, but overall a fun read chock full of the things I love about Green Valley while getting to know a whole new set of characters that I’m looking forward to getting to know a whole lot better.

Zora and Nick. Zora I really liked. She may be on the more introspective, quieter side of the scales, she isn’t without spine and I really liked watching as that spine got stronger as the story progressed. Nick.
Cyndi
Apr 05, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For me, this one skipped back in time. But that's because I didn't read them in order. I already read a bit about this heroine in Totally Folked. But it was cute watching Jackson James before Raquel came back into his life. They even mention him going to one of her movies.
But back to this story; Our heroine has been burned by the hero before. He left her after making plans for a future with her. We learn what happened at the beginning of the book. Basically, everyone knows why he left, but our
Shanna Matheo
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very strong start! I will be keeping up with the Lefferbees.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
I'm looking for a book that I read many years ago. 1 3 Jul 08, 2020 06:25PM

• Upsy Daisy
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • Hotshot and Hospitality (Green Valley Library, #8)
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • Batter of Wits (Love at First Sight, #2)
  • Beef Cake (Fighting for Love #2)
  • Love in a Pickle (The Winters Sisters, #3; Green Valley Library, #9)
  • Checking You Out (Green Valley Library, #10)
  • Key Change (Common Threads #3)
  • Forrest for the Trees (Green Valley Heroes, #1)
  • The One That I Want (Scorned Women's Society #3)
  • Dewey Belong Together (Green Valley Library, #7)
  • Street Smart (Work For It #1)
  • Give Love a Chai (Common Threads #2)
Sign up for Hope's newsletter, The Honeypot, for bonus content:

Hope Ellis believes romance novels can bring us all closer to world peace. She will never admit that she read her first romance in grade school, but accepts that she's completely addicted now.

Hope is a behavioral outcomes researcher by day and writes sexy romances featuring hot nerds and strong heroine

Leffersbee (2 books)
  • Before and After You (Leffersbee #2)