Start by marking “Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)” as Want to Read:
Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)

Been There Done That

(Leffersbee #1)

Theirs was a forever kind of love, until it was stolen.

ZORA LEFFERSBEES once perfect life is no longer perfect. Her tenure at the University is in question, funding for her employees uncertain, and her faux-fiancé, Jackson Jamess unpredictability is wearing on her last nerve. Just when Zora is convinced things cant get more complicated, life proves her wrong.

What the heck
Kindle Edition
Published March 31st 2020 by Smartypants Romance

Win a Copy of This Book

• Been There Done That by Hope Ellis
    Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
    Release date: Mar 31, 2020
    AUTOGRAPHED COPY
    Release date: March 31st, 2020

-What: Win a print, autographed copy of Been There Done That', book #1 in the Leffersbee Series by Hope

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 1 copy available, 4215 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Mar 07 - Apr 06, 2020

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Been There Done That, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Been There Done That

Start your review of Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
    lazybookconqueror
    Be still my heart ❤

description

This is the story of Zora Leffersbee and Nick Rossi - the one that got away. Literally. After secretly proposing to his childhood sweetheart at age 17, Nick finds himself in a difficult situation and decides to skip town, leaving Zora only with a small note.

Zora is heartbroken, but life must go on. 12 years later she bumps straight into him. She's working nonstop to guarantee tenure at her University, but it so happens that Nick needs help with the project she's working with.
    zaira
    Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Zora, thats us. It always has been. No matter what space, problems, or people were between us. We belong together. Fate wouldnt have it any other way.

Right off the bat, I was so excited about this book when it was announced. Im a sucker for the second chance romance trope. The fact that this is set in a small town and also serving the childhood best friends to lovers trope just enticed me even more.

Nick and Zora are childhood friends turned lovers who got separated. They meet again 12 yrs
    Hope Ellis
    Mar 02, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

We're only ONE DAY away from the release of 'Been There, Done That'! GAH!
    Smartypants Romance
    Feb 09, 2020 marked it as to-read

Hold on to your hat! Are you holding it?!?! Check out this amazing cover for 'Been There Done That' by debut author, Hope Ellis! We are thrilled to have Hope join us for our Spring 2020 Launch!

'Been There Done That' is a full-length contemporary romance, can be read as a standalone, and is book #1 in the Leffersbee series, Green Valley World, Penny Reid Book Universe.

RELEASE DATE: March 31st, 2020

** PRE-ORDER LINKS **
    Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2sEcF4a
    Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2uafgmG
    Amazon CA:
    Curlyhairlass19
    Shelves: arcs
    4.25 stars for Hope Ellis debut novel!

When I left here, I left a part of me with her. Its always been her for me. Shes all Ive ever wanted. Shes all Ill ever want.

I absolutely love second chance romances, especially when they loved each other as kids, and on in their teenage years. I also love interracial romances so this was a win win situation for me from page 1.

What I loved about this book was Zora, and her strength of not only being a Doctor, but how smart she was, and incredibly sexy. She
    bruna
    Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
    All I want is you. I want to live with you, laugh with you, make love with you. Have kids with your hair and heart. And then make up with you over all the stupid things Im sure Ill do.

Been There Done That is a second chance romance that follows the story of Zora Leffersbee and Nick Armstrong. They were friends since their childhood, but during their last year of high school, Nick left without explanation. After 12 years apart, he goes back to Green Valley determined to apologize and get
    Yvonne V (Naughty Professora)
    How do I love thee? Let me count the MULTIPLE ways!

First, hello?! WOC on the cover! Character is smart. Educated. Professional. Successful. My goodness, I forget how much I need to see this in characters until I actually SEE it! And its not just the main character / daughter thats successful its the. Entire. Family. This is real.

Zora is a medical researcher, trying to gain tenure by earning a major grant, which will institutionalize her patient advocacy program, provide security for her staff,
    Lady Heather

PUBLICATION DATE: MARCH 31, 2020

"I'm voluntarily reading an ARC of this book which has been provided by SmartyPantsRomance in exchange for an honest review."
    LianaReads blog
    Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
    A very well written second chance love story with great characters and interesting ways to find their happily ever after.
    Its a slow burn romance about two lives that even after many years apart cant get over their love for each other.
    Im always looking forward to going back in the Green Valley and to have read about that Easter egg that Im so intrigued its a big bonus in this book.
    Cant wait to read more books by the author because she goes straight into my favourite list.
    Amy Dickinson
    Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Overall Grade: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

As I jumped into Hope Elliss Been There Done That, a SmartyPants Romance, I went in curious. I mean, in looking at her GoodReads profile, this is the only book attached to her page. Without any background, you hope for the best obviously. Given the other authors in the SmartyPants Romance universe, I expected insightful, nuanced storytelling, grounded by the Green Valley community surrounding the beloved Winston Family. After reading Elliss book, I realized very quickly that
    Leslie at SheReadsRomanceBooks.com
    Nick and Zora forever! Where has Hope Ellis been hiding? She wrote such a fantastic book that kept giving and giving. One of the best Smartypants series for sure. I need the next one stat! And oh Jackson James how I loved you in this book.

There is so much to love about this book.where to start?

The Writing

If this is Hope Ellis first novel then I am SO, SO very impressed with this woman because she can write. This did not read like someones first foray into putting pen to paper. The writing flowed
    Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
    Been There Done That: The Leffersbee series book #1 by Hope Ellis

#Review

#SmartypantsRomance

#ComingSoon

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I dont wanna go back, Zora. It wasnt me saying it. The words took on a life of their own, slid past my mouth, crawled, arrowed to her. Not without you. I want you back. I want us back.

Im trying to be an adult. Im trying to be a professional, a colleague, your friend, as much as it hurts. Isnt that enough? Her voice cracked and she closed her eyes as she sighed out, Havent you taken enough?

Lenore Kosinski
    Mar 30, 2020 rated it liked it
    Shelves: arc
    I received a free copy through Smartypants Romance in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

3.5 stars This one started off as a solid 4 star, and I was really intrigued about what went down that caused Nick to leave, and how their reunion was going to go. Both characters seemed solid and likeable. I loved the ownvoices aspect to Zora. And Im always down for a book with smart/nerdy characters. It wasnt more than 4 stars because something about the writing just wasnt capturing meit
    Charlotte
    Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arc
    This book starts with a quote from Zora Neale Hurston, the namesake of our main character Zora. Between the quote and the first few sentences, I could tell right off the bat that this was going to have more depth and weight than the rom coms I have been reading lately. I worried it would be too heavy but it was exactly what I needed. I laughed out loud, I swooned, and I still felt connected to the real world with our flawed health care realities. This book gave me hope and a pure HEA.
    Nick and
    Patricia Wonderland
    Mar 30, 2020 rated it liked it
    BEEN THERE DONE THAT is the debut novel of a promising author : Hope Ellis.
    She finds her place in our Pennyverse, adding a new touching family in our dear Green Valley.

Been There Done That is a second chance romance between Zora and Nick.
    At 17 there were engaged and happy together even if life was not easy for Nick. Some months later Nick disappeared, abandonning his fiancée without an explanation. 12 years later Nick comes back, still in love and obsessed by his only love : Zora Leffersbee.

Erica Testa
    Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Been There Done That
    Been there done that is a beautiful, heart warming second chance romance.

Nick and Zora were childhood sweethearts who life separated. Their story is character driven. As the story goes on, you are given insights into pieces of their past and the misunderstandings that accompany any love young story, especially one cut short. That being said- This story was absolutely unique and I never felt like our characters, past or present, were immature. They became mature far before
    Kahea
    ***4 #TeamZora Stars***

This was a fun read, a little slow at times, but overall a fun read chock full of the things I love about Green Valley while getting to know a whole new set of characters that Im looking forward to getting to know a whole lot better.

Zora and Nick. Zora I really liked. She may be on the more introspective, quieter side of the scales, she isnt without spine and I really liked watching as that spine got stronger as the story progressed. Nick. It was hard not to like Nick.
    Kelly
    Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Oh my goodness, I like these Leffersbees. (Maybe not Zora's sister all that much, but I figure she might have a few redeeming qualities under her drive, pushiness, and ambition, so I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.) I might not agree with everything Zora's parents did in keeping the truth from her, but I also understand where they're coming from. The situation with Nick was sticky and they all did what they thought was best at the time.

That said, Zora is what I would term a
    Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I was so excited to get an ARC and read this early. Green Valley is just my favorite.

Woah nelly, this was on hell of a slow burner second chance romance! I love the way the story between Nick and Zora unfolded. One of the things I love the most about all things Green Valley and both @reidromance and @smartypantsromance is that the stories dont shy away from tricky subjects whether it be domestic abuse, addiction, or mental health issues. But those issues are seamlessly woven into the storyline,
    Cassandra Martin
    Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I definitely feel like I walked away from this book having learned something, cementing itself as a Smart Romance. In this book's case, we learn a lot about the communication or lack of it between healthcare workers and patients. I love that Zora's mission to provide an easier open channel of communication.

This was a second chance romance, and while I felt a lot of angst and drama between Nick and Zora was because of their unwillingness to communicate and be honest with each other, we still get
    Bibliophile  Chloe
    Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    What a fantastic debut novel by Ms. Ellis! I will surely be stalking her (in a healthy fangirl way)!

This is the story of Zora and Nick and what a heartfelt, swoony and rich story this is.

Zora is a woman on a mission, a true wonder woman! She wants to make her world a better place but at what cost?  She has packed her bruised and broken heart away for years, and her job is her reason for surviving.

Nick, oh my me, this man is everything a swoony alpha hero should be! It's taken him a lot of
    Lara
    Mar 28, 2020 rated it liked it
    Shelves: read-2020
    What started off as a very strong read got bogged down in the middle, so much so that I set it down a few hours after starting and then went and read a whole other book. When I picked this book up the next day, I slogged through to the end, getting more and more frustrated by the double standards and lack of resolution of key issues. And that ending was way too rushed.

That's not to say that the writing itself was bad. No, quite the opposite. I think the author wrote characters and dialogue very
    Jess Reads2Much
    Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Hope Ellis is the best debut author of the year! Whether you have read any Penny Reid or Green Valley universe books or not, Been There Done That shouldn't be missed. It is a romance novel that doesn't rely on kooky acts of fate or much beloved tropes. Just an honest to goodness smart, mature and heartfelt drama. There was a sense of authenticity in the field of medical academia and in the dialogue which was the real drive of the novel.

For Reiders I think what is especially wonderful is getting
    Messy Bun Book Blog
    Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    WOW! Is this seriously Hope's first book?! She created some amazing characters in one of my favorite fictional places! I loved the Leffersbee family so much! Ezra & Ellie sound like no nonsense parents who love their family fiercely, even if they're not blood. I absolutely loved Zora & Nick. Reading the history between these two drew me in from the first page and watching these two work to find their way back to each other was wonderful. I loved that Nick finally came back and proved ...more
    Bibliomedico
    For More Reviews , Interviews and Recommendations , Check Out My Blog : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/
    ********************
    Thanks To the Author and the Publisher For Providing me With an Advance Reader Copy.
    ********************
    The Authors of Smarty Pants Romance Continue  to provide us with amazing romance novels with great characters and interesting plot .

Been there done that , is an incredible second chance romance , with the most awesome characters I've read about this year .

Ga Books LoverX
    Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
    A new Smartypants Romance series, heck yes I am down for that! We are still in the awesome Green Valley world, but a slew of new characters are introduced and the two front and center in this book are Zora and Nick. I can get behind both of these characters and love how real they feel. Nothing is over the top or unbelievable.

This was an extremely interesting Second Chance romance that has us questioning what is happening from the very first sentence. I was hooked right away and enjoyed reading
    Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
    3.5 Stars. I love a good second chance romance and bonus points for a guy who comes back and stops at nothing to get the girl he knows owns his heart. That is what happens here. Nick is back after SO MANY years and will stop at nothing to win Zora back. He left her without an explanation when they were 18 and she was shattered. Now he is back and wants to atone for his sins and prove to her that they really are meant to be.
    This was a great debut novel and I loved Nick and how his love for Zora
    Andrea (Hammock and Read)
    Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Zora and Nick find themselves in a second chance romance...

Zora and Nick feel in love as kids but Nick just left one day with just a note. Years, later he comes back into her life with money and power. Loved these two characters as they are both new to GV stories. Zora is just wonderful, caring, kind, smart, and doesn't put up with anything lady!

Jackson James is so perfect in this one you can't wait to see if he gets a book for himself. He is a regular in GV as the sheriff but this will melt a
    Melena Torretta
    Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: arcs, 2020

It is hard to believe that Been There Done That is Hope Ellis's debut novel. The characters and story were so well developed and engaging!

I absolutely loved Zora and her perspective. She was intelligent, hardworking, and also caring and thoughtful. She cracked me up on a number of occasions.

Nick loved Zora and though his actions were slightly misguided at times, he truly just wanted the best for her. When he returns after a number of years away the chemistry between then is still so
    Kyre
    Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Another fantastic Smartypants romance novel!
    This is a brand new Green Valley chronicles series, and Hope is also a new to me/new to Smartypants Romance, author as well! Let me tell you, Hope Ellis is incredible! 👌
    This was such an original story and I already cant wait to read more from the LeffersBee series and from Hope Ellis herself!
    I love second chance romance and Zora and Nick were so great together! I wont give any spoilers, because you absolutely need to read this book, but I will say

• Beef Cake (Donner Bakery, #4)
    • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
    • When the Handyman Comes (Pure Pleasure #2)
    • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
    • No Strings Attached
    • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
    • Wonderland
    • Dark Skies (Dark Shores, #2)
    • Maybe You Will Survive: A Holocaust Memoir
    • Dark Promise (Darkhaven Saga, #3)
    • Imaginary Friend
    • When Shadows Follow
    • Die Next
    • Liberation
    • The Henna Wars
    • Trouble the Saints
    • Swallowed by a Secret
    • The Secret of You and Me
    Hope Ellis believes romance novels can bring us all closer to world peace. She will never admit that she read her first romance in grade school, but accepts that she's completely addicted now.

Hope is a behavioral outcomes researcher by day and writes sexy romances featuring hot nerds and strong heroines by night. She hopes to one day conquer her habit of compulsively binge-watching "The Office."