Start by marking “Like Fire and Powder (The Immortal World, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Like Fire and Powder (The Immortal World, #5.5)

Like Fire and Powder

(The Immortal World #5.5)

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  6 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Shes Risqueen.

Celeste was never meant to be a vampire. She never wanted to die, or be undead, or drink blood. And the vampire who turned her, Angela Estrada, certainly didnt want her either. Celeste has never been a fan of Angelas cynical overly religious ways and shes spent two whole centuries asking the same question: Why her?

Hes Fraccas.

Tanner is in a bind. Even as
Kindle Edition
Published March 20th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Like Fire and Powder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Like Fire and Powder

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Like Fire and Powder (The Immortal World, #5.5)
Brenda Moser
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great story to the series! The author once again brings strong characters and weaves an intriguing story with a forbidden romance between Celeste and Tanner. She gives answers to some questions and brings her story to life with her detailed and descriptive writing. The story moves quickly and fairly smoothly and I enjoyed reading. I'm looking forward to the next book.

Krystle Kwiatkowski
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this novella through Booksprout

This book was amazing and, honestly, I didn't expect anything less. I have enjoyed the Immortal World Series so much since I first started reading it last year, and with each book I read within the series the more I love it. The characters and the world are always so unique, not once straying into overdone territory.

The story within this one follows Celeste and Tanner, two vampires from opposing clans that find themselves within a forbidden
Aizlynne
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story is 18+ for some mildly explicit sex scenes.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this series thus far. Reading Tanner and Celeste's tale helped fill in some holes and answered some questions. Having read this out of order I know what happens next and it breaks my heart. This is a great retelling of Romeo and Juliet without it being too tropey. There are a few mild grammatical and formatting errors, however not enough to take one out of the story.
Haley
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of Like Fire and Powder.
LFaP is a wonderful installment to the Immortal World Series. Giving us a taste of what would happen if two vampires from opposing clans fell in love. Again, Hiner does not disappoint, instantly captivating you within this whirlwind love. And handles their romance with a tender hand and a dash of steam! I will rate our two love bats sex scene as mature and for 18+, but absolutely beautiful.
Kathryn
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This novella is a great read! There are likable characters who have amazing chemistry and passion with each other. This is a unique vampire star crossed lovers romance. This is well written and can be read as a standalone.

I am voluntarily leaving an unbiased, honest review.
Pat
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The storyline was well written, the plot flowed smoothly from page to page and the characters were created with such great detail and depth that I was totally glued to my kindle until the very end!
Mel Carter
Jan 18, 2020
Shannon Hiner
Jan 31, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Mary
Debra Guyette
Mar 28, 2020
Bev Taylor
Mar 28, 2020
Shannon A Hiner lives in the mountains of Northern California where, she claims, there is a vampire city, a pack of werewolves, and plenty of faeries. She occupies a small parcel of land with her trusty cat, Pangur Ban and a computer fondly known as Raphael. She does not travel without pen and journal.

She has an Associates Degree in Language Arts from Butte College, in Oroville CA.

Upon publishing

The Immortal World (6 books)
  • Only The Stars Know (The Immortal World, #1)
  • Shadows On The Wall (The Immortal World, #2)
  • Die For Me Again (The Immortal World #3)
  • Tears You Apart (The Immortal World, #4)
  • Theory of Resonance (The Immortal World, #5)
  • Weaken the Knees (The Immortal World, #6)

News & Interviews