Start by marking “I Hate You, Fuller James” as Want to Read:

I Hate You, Fuller James

I hate you, Fuller James.

I hate your floppy hair and your lopsided grin and those laughing blue eyes that always seem to be laughing at me.

I hate that youre the most popular guy in school and Im still the girl who sneezed and spit out her retainer on someone at a middle school dance. Its just such a cliché.

I hate that Im being forced to tutor you in English and keep it a
Published March 2nd 2020 by Entangled: Crush

To ask other readers questions about I Hate You, Fuller James, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Hate You, Fuller James

Start your review of I Hate You, Fuller James
D.M.
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I hate you, Fuller James is a classic tale. Boy meets girl. Girl has a difference of opinion with friend. One becomes popular and the others smart.

Wrens future is already looking promising. All she has to do is survive the wicked tournaments of high school. When shes asked to tutor the one person she hates more than anything she realises high school isnt over yet. She isnt really given a choice when it comes to Fuller.

Fuller James likes sports but isnt academic. He needs to raise his grades if
Susan's Reviews
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
My thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for a free ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this clean YA novel. It follows the usual "nerdy high schooler tutors playboy jock" trope, so there wasn't much new here. The thoughtless jock (Fuller James) redeems himself by falling in love with sweet nerd, Wren Carter.

There were a few cute scenes, but not much action. Lots of repetitive introspection, but I suspect that younger readers, wanting to have some clean fun, will
Stephanie
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this title via NetGalley. It does not impact my review.

I was hoping something fun and cute would break me out of my reading rut, but unfortunately I Hate You, Fuller James didnt end up being that fun or that cute.

The whole tutoring premise started out a little rough for me. The principal of the school straight up blackmails Wren into tutoring the star basketball player. He threatens her with not only multiple days of detention, but suspension because she was caught on video
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

This was an adorable and fun story that I enjoyed very much. This is a story that will undoubtedly put a smile on your face.

The characters were very relatable. The author did a great job of showing their personalities through the writing. Both Wren and Fuller had a lot of depth. There was a lot more underneath the surface for each of them. They both also had great character
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher, via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

Ever since Wren was in middle school, she has been ostracised by most of her year, especially her ex best friend, Marissa, who dropped her as soon as the most popular boy in school, Fuller James, starts to go out with her. To make matters worse, Fuller also landed her with a hideous nickname, and now the only people at school to call her by her proper name are the teachers, and her two best
Emily
Wren Carter has been tormented by highschool basketball star Fuller James for years. In fact he was the reason she had a nickname that she hated and when his latest antics has her retaliating for a brief moment she finds herself having to tutor Fuller in their AP Literature class. Wren would rather do anything else then help the school Lothario but her options are limited and she can't refuse. Wren makes it clear to Fuller she wants nothing to do with him, add in the fact that they are supposed ...more
TSN ☮
Mar 17, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF 50%

I also hated Fuller James.

I have kind of a pet peeve, I can't stand stupid people! And Fuller James is not just a moron, he is STUPID.

Wren was supposed to hate/dislike Fuller James, but she must have been absent when backbone was delivered, since it appears that she have none whatsoever. I mean she was practically swooning after a single conversation, and I was getting whiplash from her alternately liking and disliking him.

The slut shaming of the ex-girlfriend(s) wasn't something I
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
While this was a cute hate to love romance, I found that it was also about family and friendship. The side characters were easy to love. Well, most of them. Not everyone.

Wren had been picked on since 7th grade when her retainer flew out of her mouth at a dance. Her best friend, Marissa, turned on her and started dating the most popular guy at school, Fuller James. Wren had two best friends in high school, Dae and Brandon. I seriously wanted them as best friends, too. They were so caring and
Elaine
This is a high school romance featuring Wren, who is quiet, caring, kind, clever and has been subject to teasing and bullying for years at school. The main perpetrator of it all is Fuller James, the star basketball player who seems to get away with anything, including leading many of the pranks and verbal assaults. It is after being hit in a food fight that Wren retaliates, though her aim isnt great and hits his sidekick instead of Fuller. This, however, is used against her by the principal and ...more
Samantha (WLABB)
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wren has hated Fuller James since he came between her and her best friend, AND bestowed that awful nickname on her - Wrentainer. She managed to hate him from afar for the past five years, but as a punishment for launching a handful of mashed potatoes at her nemesis, she was forced to tutor him. After spending time with the real Fuller James, she realized, that maybe, she didn't hate him at all.

Pro: This book was exactly what I needed after being sick for a week. It was fun and cute, and I
Lenore Kosinski

I received a free copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

4 stars I love these Crush line of books, I always gravitate towards them when Im looking for something fairly light and easy to read. Which is not to say they never dip a toe into tough topics, just that its not usually the central theme. And thats exactly what I was looking for, and exactly what I got.

I will admit, I kind of forgot about the blurb to this
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)

Dear Fuller James,

As you know, you are one of the lead characters in Kelly Anne Blounts I Hate You, Fuller James. I read the blurb for your story and I thought, Yeah. This is something I can really get into. I then saw the cover for the book. My first reaction was, I like it. I might even love it. I just dont understand it. But more on that later.

You, Fuller James, are why some people dont like high school. You torment them for your own sick pleasure. Well, I guess the joke is now on
Shirley Cuypers
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, arc-beta, 2020
Original review

This book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Entangled: Crush!

I Hate You, Fuller James
is a standalone Contemporary Romance about Wren and Fuller.

I Hate You, Fuller James is the first book Ive read by Kelly Anne Blount and wont be the last one! I really liked this book, and it was hard to put this one down. I just wanted to know what was going to happen to the characters. This book was just so cute!

I really like that Wren isnt just a smart
Becky
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it

Ok first off, how perfect is this cover?! It is a beauty! Second, if that synopsis doesnt give you 10 Things I Hate About You vibes (and you KNOW that is my FAVOURITE movie!!) then I dont know what will!

This is your typical jock-gets-tutored-by-the-nerd-but-then-they-see-there-is-so-much-more-to-one-another-and-fall-in-love, but it is oh so sweet. Of course there is drama and heart break and make outs and so on and so forth, no spoilers here. I thought this story was so cute. Its
Suz Jay
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
He was the reason Id given up on being friends with girls after Marissa, Courtney, and practically every other girl in my class started making fun of me. I couldnt trust that my own gender wouldnt throw me under the bus the next time a guy like Fuller James gave them the opportunity.*

Wren cant stand Fuller. Because of him, she got stuck with a stupid nickname. Because of him, lost her best friend. Because of him, she ended up in the principles office. Now, shes forced to tutor him or shell be
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

This is a new author to me and I have to say I absolutely loved this read. I don't read a ton of YA but this one pulled me in from the first page.

We've all seen the this premise before the nerdy girl forced to tutor the popular jock.

Wren is the over achiever of high school, assignments turned in early, going above and beyond for each class, and acing all her tests. She battles a lot of bullying from an incident in
Katherine Paschal
Mar 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemp-romance, teen
**3.5 Stars**

I would best describe this story as the enemy to lovers theme meets the movie She's All That (I seriously kept having the quote from the movie "Am I a bet?" play through my mind the entire time I was reading) meets Gossip Girl with the anonymous gossip blog following their every move. We have the typical mean girl making the main character's life hell and the reformed bad boy who has a heart of gold under his cocky exterior. There was a lot of tropes smooshed into the book, making
Rachel
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 ⭐

Wrentainer. A stupid nickname that stuck since middle school. Given by none other than Fuller James. When Wren has to secretly tutor the most popular guy in school (yup, you guessed it- Fuller) in order for him to play the seasons opening game, shes pleasantly surprised to see a different side to him. She actually likes him. But, what she later found out, he just made a bet with his friends... though, Fuller has real feelings for Wren, too.

After my CoHo read, I felt the need to squeeze in
Meghan
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Entangled Publishing, LLC - Entangled: Crush in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

This was a treat to read. As I kept reading it, I could not help but be reminded of 10 Things I Hate About You with Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger. Fuller James is described as your typical popular guy. Captain of the basketball team and struggling at school and then there is Wren, the smart nerdy girl in school
Ana ☾
Mar 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-english, 2020
Okay, I'm a little bit disappointed. The book was very cliché and a little bit corny. The relationship was rushed (the hate-to-love from Wren to Fuller also happened rather quickly; the whole thing happens in a few weeks but they loved each other already?). Also, the ending was c r i n g y. I know some people are into public declarations, but I don't so it gave me second-hand embarrassment.

I still liked it and had fun reading it, but overall it felt more like a fanfic or a book from 2013 than a
Alexis (The Book Democracy)
I did not enjoy this book. While I thought the premise sounded right up my alley but it fell extremely flat. I did not like the administrators in the school, it felt very unrealistic. I will admit I did enjoy the family aspects, the families felt legitimate and genuine. I didn't like the fact that we had a mean girl just to move the plot along. I also was not a fan of the romance. It just felt like people were too easily forgiven for being a bully in the past. It just fell very flat and very ...more
Karen
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good high school story
Madia M
DNF @21%

I thought Id pick up something light and cute to get me out of my current slump but this was so one dimensional I couldnt bare it.
Colleen's Conclusions
One Tree Hill meets Ten Things I Hate about you....

I hate you, Fuller James was a mixture of Ten Things I hate about you and One Tree Hill. It was a cute, fluffy sports romance and I do like the nerd and a jock trope.

I really loved Wrens best friends, they were both so protective and loyal to her and that was really nice to see. I also liked how Wrens grandpa warmed up to Fuller so easily. Its always nice when a story has good side characters. I did like the end of the story.

This book was a
diana
Feb 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
DNF @ 26%

I hate DNF-ing books. But this was getting ridiculous and I. can't. continue. reading.

I expected a lot of fun and swoon and it was neither of those things.
Lindy
My Thoughts:

When I read the synopsis and saw the cute cover for I Hate You, Fuller James, I expected a fun, and cute story. However, I got so much more! I must admit that at the beginning of the story I didn't know if I would enjoy it, because James came across as immature for being a senior in high school, and it seemed like everything about him irritated Wren, even things that I thought weren't a big deal. However, we quickly learn it's because these two have quite the history!

I'm happy to
Tara Peters
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was an adorable and fun story that I thoroughly enjoyed. This is a story that will undoubtedly put a smile on your face. The pages just flew by.

The characters were very relatable. The author did a great job of showing their personalities through the writing. Both Wren and Fuller had a lot of depth and they both had a lot more underneath the surface. They both also had great character development in the story.
The secondary characters were likable and I honestly would have loved to see
Lauren
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kelly Anne Blounts I Hate You, Fuller James is the perfect blend of witty and sweet. Its fast-paced, surprisingly empathetic, and is begging to be made into a movie.

Wren Carter hates Fuller James. Shes hated him ever since he embarrassed her at the seventh grade dance and dubbed her Wrentainer. Wren also finds it kind of annoying that Fuller just so happens to be devastatingly handsome and an amazing basketball player. On the other hand, Fuller James needs help. Badly. Hes failing out of AP
Char (1RadReader59)
What a delightful read. The characters were rich and full of life. Each showed depth and emotion. There was a nice balance of sadness and joy as well as humor.

I thought the friendship presented between Wren with both Brandon a longtime friend and Dae a more resent friend was a great refreshing mix. I loved how protective they were of her but when she said she wanted to handle her disagreement with Fuller, Brandon backed off and said, Okay.

But he did have a talk with Fuller to make it. Right.
Colleen
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
The description is a play on the poem from 10 Things I Hate About You? SIGN. ME. UP.
I'll start with my complaints: the names. Wren and Fuller? Dae? 10 years from now YA fiction is going to look back and think WTF when it comes to names of characters and these are two we'll be thinking of. I get it. We needed a name to make a nasty nickname out of (Wrentainer). But are you trying to tell me a kid with the first name of Fuller was never made fun of?! He's a jock. The jokes just write themselves.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Upside of Falling
  • Meet Me at Midnight
  • How to Speak Boy
  • The Two-Date Rule (Smokejumper, #1)
  • Perfect Distraction
  • Throw Like a Girl
  • Fool Me Twice
  • The Best Man Problem (Mile High Happiness #2)
  • Queen of Lies (Empire of Lies #2)
  • Chasing Lucky
  • Four Days of You and Me
  • Tweet Cute
  • All I Ask
  • Mismatched in Mayhem (Whiskey Sisters, #4)
  • Demon Bound
  • The Love Playbook
  • Admission
  • Keystone
USA Today Bestselling author and Wattpad Star Kelly Anne Blount has more than seventy-three-thousand followers on social media. Her Wattpad stories have been read more than twenty-million times. Shes contributed to Tap, Wattpads new app for chat-style stories, where her work has been tapped more than fifty-million times. She is a writer and reviewer for SpoilerTV, which has allowed her to develop ...more