Start by marking “Pioneer Dream (The O'Rourke Family Montana Saga Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Pioneer Dream (The O'Rourke Family Montana Saga Book 1)

Pioneer Dream

(The O'Rourke Family Montana Saga #1)

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  18 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Immerse Yourself In 1860s Frontier Montana with the ORourke Family!

Sensible Kevin ORourke does not believe in ghosts, in love at first sight, or in the happily-ever-after type of love. Instead, he is convinced only hard work, dedication to family, and self-sacrifice will bring contentment. When he meets Aileen OKeefe on the steamboat trip from Saint Louis to Fort Benton,
Kindle Edition
Published March 3rd 2020 by Grizzly Damsel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Pioneer Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pioneer Dream

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Pioneer Dream (The O'Rourke Family Montana Saga Book 1)
Margaret Watkins
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Escaping the potato famine in Ireland and travelling to the New World may have been an adventure, but it was one fraught with danger, sickness, and extreme circumstances. Seamus O'Rourke's family have nevertheless stuck together despite their terrible loss and have finally settled in the Montana territory. Wanting to meet his son's need for a wife, Seamus sends away for a mail order bride and that's when the trouble begins. Kevin O'Rourke meets Aileen on the steamboat, not realising that his ...more
Kaye
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AN ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL RIDE!!!
Magnificent! Ramona has absolutely outdone herself with this little mind-blowing treasure. I was totally floored from the start and in awe of the talent and vivid imagination. How touching and sincere with all the passion, finesse and immense intellect and skill. A raging tempest of fervent events and baffling circumstances, blow this bad boy wide open. Sparks fly as drama, intrigue, misgivings, turmoil, secrets, mounting suspense and disastrous situations along
Sandra
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pioneer Dream by Ramona Flightner is the first book in the new series The O'Rourke Family Montana Saga. It introduces us to the O'Rourke family from Ireland. The family, as with millions of other Irish in Ireland, were caught up in the potato famine. The family travels to America for a new start.

With well-developed characters, we follow the family members' struggles and joys. With her superb writing skills, the author transports us back in time to the 1860s and the goldfields of Montana. There
Michelle
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kevin ORourke thought he had seen a ghost, his mother was dead and the woman disappeared into the crowd. His older brother Ardan clasped him on the shoulder, and also looked into the crowd. But their mother had been dead 18 yrs with a sister. On the steamboat Kevin caught a young women who was falling and kept her from falling overboard. They introduced themselves as someone shouted for her to come along. Kevin just happened to sit next to her at dinner found out she was on her was to be ...more
Judy Esposito
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pioneer Dream (The O'Rourke Family Montana Saga Book 1

This book is a beautiful beginning to what will become one of my favorite series. So many well developed and likeable characters in this book and more to come in the following ones. I've been reading the Bear Grass Spring Series by this author, which has a wonderful storyline and characters, figured I would love this one as well. And I do! Already preordered Book 2.
I love the closeness of this large Irish family, the caring and the love they
Norma Wiegert
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Seamus O'Rourke and his family left Ireland after the potato famine in search of a better life in America. In 1847 the family was separated by a miscommunication and Seamus and his children went on to Fort Benton in the Montana territory to set up a trading post for miners in the area. On a trip from to St Louis to pick up supplies Kevin, Seamus' 2nd oldest son meets Aileen and falls in love with her during the journey back to Fort Benton. The plot thickens when we learn that Seamus has ...more
Bonnie Klein
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First: Please read Pioneer Adventure before this book. Its the series prequel and is FREE. It will greatly enhance the story and this will be a much more satisfying read.

I love the ORourkes. Theyre a delightful blend of strong personalities that have settled in the Montana Territory in the 1800s. Hardship and tragedy havent dulled their spirit nor taken away their joy for life. Im already emotionally attached to the characters, which is a testament to Ramonas wonderful writing.

If you enjoy good
SKM
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ramona has started her new series out with perfection. I LOVE her Bear Grass Springs series and have fallen equally in LOVE with the O'Rourke family.

This family had suffered such a tremendous loss yet they stay together, fighting for each other, and loving each other. When that loss is miraculously given back to them I wept. It was so BEAUTIFUL and HONEST it truly touched my very soul.

Kevin is a man with honor and deep love of family. Aileen is a woman who has been betrayed, yet is strong
Charlene
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Escaping Ireland to enter the new world, this is a fabulous story. Lots of circumstances that seem impossible to overcome. Wonderful , complex, interesting characters fill this story. Lots of twists and turns, suffering and heartbreak. Their determination is to be admired. I loved this book. A must read! I received a copy of this book as a gift and this is my honest and voluntary review.
Diane
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc and the opinions and views are my own. This was a wonderful read. The family dynamics were so real, here is a family that care for each other, even when there is a disagreement they still work it out. There are surprises and reunions. Loved the story and now cannot wait for the next one. I would recommend this book.
Linda
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Very well written story about a family that came from Ireland to make a better life in America. This book had great characters and lots of things happening to them. Would highly recommend this coming series to all readers.
NanaShauna Joesten
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read that kept me enthralled from the first page to the last. I love how the story flows. How well the characters are developed. And the twists and turns. This is definitely a read I recommend.
Shauna Joesten
Lorin
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020

I absolutely loved reading this really wonderful book! I really loved the characters and the plot! I had a hard time putting this really wonderful book down! I am really looking forward to reading the next book in this wonderful series!
STELLA SUTTON
Judith A
Mar 08, 2020
Rose
Mar 08, 2020

• Riches of the Heart (Second Chances Time Travel Romance Series Book 4)
  • Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
  • The MacKinnon's Bride (The Highland Brides #1)
  • The Amish Christmas Angel
  • Thunder & Roses (Fallen Angels #1)
  • Sleepless in Scotland (The Pennington Family, #3)
  • Murdered by Words (Midwest Mystery #1)
  • Murder at the Manor: A Northwest Cozy Mystery (Northwest Cozy Mystery Series #12)
  • Watching Over Cindy
  • The Christmas Orphans
  • Murder in the Forest: A Liz Lucas Cozy Mystery (Liz Lucas Cozy Mystery Series #12)
  • Murder at Jade Cove (Cedar Bay Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Desperado (Hutton & Co. #5; Long, Tall Texans #21)
  • Miranda (Mail-Order Brides of Sapphire Springs, #1; Brides of Beckham)
  • The New Rulebook Christian Suspense series: Books 1-3 Collection (The New Rulebook & Pete Zendel Collection 1)
  • Katie (The Cattleman's Daughters #1)
  • Murder in Calico Gold (Cedar Bay Mystery #6)
  • Echo and Ember (The NightShade Forensic Files #4)
Ramona is a historical romance author who loves to immerse herself in research as much as she loves writing. A native of Montana, every day she marvels that she gets to live in such a beautiful place. When shes not writing, her favorite pastimes are fly fishing the cool clear streams of a Montana river, hiking in the mountains, and spending time with family and friends.

Ramonas heroines are strong,