Start by marking “Faked (Ward Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Faked (Ward Sisters, #2)

Faked

(Ward Sisters #2)

Every action has a consequence, and Claire Ward knows it. And yet, even knowing that her decision to swap places with her identical twin sister, Lia, for a night could be disastrous, she still does it.

Why?

Because it will give her an evening with the man she’s been crushing on for years, Lia’s best friend, Finn.

Miss Straight A Student has thought through all the angles,
Published June 16th 2020 by Dutch Girl Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Faked, please sign up.
mujercita yes! It´s the first book I read about this author and even though characters that obviously develop in other books are mentioned, they are well presen…moreyes! It´s the first book I read about this author and even though characters that obviously develop in other books are mentioned, they are well presented and do not miss anything. although it made me want to continue knowing them in their own books.(less)

Start your review of Faked (Ward Sisters, #2)
Phuong ✯
3 stars

Faked was a cute story. If you liked Focused, you will like this one too, if not even more.

I think this is a "it's me, it's not the book" thing. For once I have a thing with names. If I don't like the names of the characters the book is already to a medium start. Guys don't name your children after numbers *X Æ A-12 is leaving the chat* or Bauer. You're asking what my problem with Bauer is? Well, Bauer means "farmer" or "peasant" in German and honestly that's just not an attractive nam
zaira
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“There’s you. That’ll always be the best part of my day.”

Claire Ward is the quiet one among her siblings. Growing up she was constantly facing comparisons with her twin sister Lia and she often felt overshadowed. She wants people to think of her as her own separate person from Lia — for people not to compare them nor group them together. This book finally puts her in the spotlight and I loved getting to know her even more! She’s very empathetic and cares a lot about helping others, I can’t h
Apoorva
First- I liked this one more than Focused.
In this one the characters had more depth and chemistry as compared to that, in my opinion. Although this had a little bit of insta element for Bauer, I still liked the way it developed between them.

Claire was a smart and intelligent character, which I felt was emphasized a little too much at some points but overall she was good. She was sweet, understanding and I felt that she actually connected with Bauer. Bauer was an amazing character. He was the bla
Melanie (mells_view)
"You Ward women, you should come with a warning label, princess."

Claire and Bauer were not the pairing I was expecting, but I don’t think any other couple would have worked. Finn boy seems great, but Bauer ohhhh Bauer is Claire’s perfect other half for sure. In this one we are served a little twin swap, a little fake date, and a little forced proximity. All delicious tropes. These two fall pretty quickly, but it’s sweet. They both have past and parental issues, and I love how they sort of open u
Bhavya Marya
Jul 01, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was pretty sweet and I was enjoying reading it but it was one of those books that didn't affect me in any way. I just think this book was a little forgettable for me.

Bauer was supposed to be the "bad boy" of sports but I didn't get that vibe from him. Honestly, I thought he was nice and passionate about his work which is always a good thing. He was a great book boyfriend. ;)
Claire was definitely a good girl like its said in the blurb. She was passionate about her studies and I liked th
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
4 STARS

Another fantastic read from Karla, if you haven't read yet her books do it now!!The chemistry between Bauer and Claire was smoking hot, I couldn't get enough of them!

"His wide grin held the slightest secret edge to it that was meant only for me. It made my heart race."

Claire and Bauer had such a nice dynamic, I loved their momments together!I adored them!Faked is a standalone, it's sweet, sexy and refreshing!

bruna
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-2020, 2020
"His smile was small and sweet, and the way he was watching me made me blush in a different way. It wasn't sexual. Bauer looked… fascinated. Enamored. Like a man who was falling in love."

>> 4.5 stars

Faked is the kind of romance you read when you just wanna relax and witness two people falling in love with each other very quickly and without any major drama to keep them apart. Even though Claire Ward and Bauer Davis' relationship can be considered insta-love, I wasn't bothered by that because
Mickeysreads
Aug 14, 2020 marked it as dnf
DNF 24%

No chemistry. At all.
The characters were also so plain and boring.

description

JadeC
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it

Faked is yet another spin off from The Marriage Effect, following Logan & Paige. i enjoyed this! it's fun, light, and just as flirty.

Claire is the total opposite of her twin, Lia - shy and soft spoken. she's been harbouring a crush on her Lia's best friend for years. Lia is set to attend an event with Finn. something caught up and that's when she wanted a 'twin swap' with Claire. Claire agreed eventually but is shocked to see Bauer, Finn's half brother, at her door instead.

I guess wh
Jen (jensdreamylittlereads)
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Faked is the second story in a spin-off series that takes us into the lives of the 4 Ward sisters who we met as young teenagers in ‘The Marriage Effect’. I have loved the Ward sisters ever since reading Logan’s book and the fact that they are now getting their own stories makes me ecstatic. And let me tell you, Karla has delivered big time! I loved Molly’s book but this book for Claire... ahh, I absolutely adored it!

I absolutely devoured this story! Faked is such a fun flirty, and light read tha
Jules
Let me start by saying, I loved the Washington Wolves series. Then it was announced that the Ward sisters would also get books. I am not always a fan of "spin-off" stories, or the kids of the previous generation. This time, of course, it was more younger siblings, but still, I was unsure. Then came Focused, probably my all-time favourite American football romance to date. And I knew I should have just trusted Karla Sorensen to deliver great stories.

Because Faked is no different. Is it a fun sto
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jun 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
The moment I read the blurb for Faked I knew I NEEDED to get my hands on this book. I mean, talk about a BLURB JOLT MOMENT! I love a good twin switch! Add in the heroine ending up with the other brother, the bad-boy brother she’s never even met!

GAH! YES YES YES, just all the freaking YESES.

I was so here for that. And let me tell you, this book was all sorts of intoxicating. I was hooked right from the start. I LOVE the good girl/bad boy trope. That opposites attract thing is soooooo sexy! Add in
abire
“This woman could ask for a knife to flay me alive, and I just might have handed it to her with a dopey ass grin on my face. It was the scariest shit I'd ever experienced in my life, which didn't explain why all I wanted to do was hold her hand, see her smile back at me, and know that she was in it with me.

4.5 stars.

THIS WAS EVERYTHING AND IT JUST MADE ME MISS AND FALL IN LOVE WITH THE WARDS EVEN MORE!!!!

ALSO, BAUER FUCKING DAVIS!!! That's it. That's all you need to know for now!

I wa
michayla
Oct 27, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5
this was a very cute uncomplicated lil' romance
°˖ ✧ mer ✧˖ °
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
claire and baeur just became my favorite couple sorry noah & molly 😭😭😭

thank you karla sorensen for giving me another 2020 favorite. if you havent started reading the ward family series i highly suggest you start it, every book is amazing.

i remember thinking we were gonna get finn and claire but i was soooo wrong, however my expectations were exceeded.

this book just gave me everything i wanted and more. we get fake dating, a hot snowboarder, great family dynamics and a wonderful heroine.

claire
Michelle Claypot_Reads
I can’t even begin to tell you how much I loved this story! Karla just keeps surprising me with every book & pushing herself towards the top of my Favourite Authors List.

This book is smart, it’s sexy and it’s just the kind of romance I love. Packed with honest, flawed characters who make you fall for them - even when you want to throttle them!

Claire’s character is like an unexpected treasure. We obviously know her from other books in the series, but it’s here she blossoms. Quietly strong, witt
mila
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 | It makes me sad that the Ward sisters are only four because that means that rather sooner than later the series will end and I don't want that. I just love this family SO MUCH, MY LOVE GROWS WITH EACH BOOK 😭💖

"What Claire Ward was doing to me, I wasn't entirely sure, but I was on unsteady footing. She had me balancing on a beam, thin and wobbly, over a wide-open expanse and no net."

Claire Ward just wants someone to see her for who she is, and that's not an easy task when she has an iden
Dora Koutsoukou
Jun 25, 2020 rated it liked it
3 ❤️🤔❤️⭐️s

The concept of the wrong sister with the wrong brother piqued my interest, yet up to 34% I couldn’t be invested in the story.
It was well written, however such a level of inner thoughts and analysing psychological behaviours became uninspiring.

Claire was a typical good girl and Bauer was just a not so much badass character as he was portrayed to be. Their connection and chemistry were not very convincing while their relationship developed so fast!
It didn’t excite me that much...
Izzie d
Jun 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead, 2.5* rounded up only because I really like this family

I actually expected Isabel's book to be second but onward

For years Claire has had a crush on her twin sister's best friend Finn but they've never spent any time together for her to say something. Finally an opportunity presents itself when Lia needs someone to take her place in accompanying Finn to an important benefit dinner. Claire agrees to pretend to be her twin sister for a good cause and also score a little time with the
gilda
*4.5*
No matter what it was, she had me. And she always would.

AHHH this book!! It was so cute, seriously the cutest book I’ve read in a while.
Let me start saying that yes, this is kinda insta-love and usually I don’t like that but this was so cute, Bauer truly was, in Claire's words, a sweetheart I LOVE him.

So Claire was supposed to cover her twin sister Lia and go to a dinner with Finn, Lia’s best friend and Claire crush since forever. But instead she ends up going with Bauer, Finn’s half brot
mlovestoread
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I was so excited to read this book and Karla didn’t disappoint! Faked was a sweet and beautiful story that I entirely enjoyed and loved!
Bauer and Claire were everything! Both as individuals and together. I can't even find the right words that would explain how much I loved these characters and how incredible they were! They were so cute together, so adorable, and so perfect for each other.
I’m not a big fan of insta-love but with Claire and Bauer it worked. There was so much chemistry between th
eliana
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
*4,5*
description

THIS WAS EVERYTHING
Jeeves Reads Romance
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-favorites
This was SO GOOD! It’s my first time reading something by Sorensen, and I might just need to go a little one-click crazy on her books, because it was FLAWLESS from start to finish. Twin swaps are a guilty pleasure trope of mine because they can play out in a variety of ways and there’s a level of tension that just works for me. This is the kind that’s executed just right, so it won’t hit on any of the things that might bug some readers - it's definitely not a love triangle, there’s no question t ...more
iasmin
Shelves: sports-romance, arc
"This woman could ask for a knife to flay me alive, and I just might have handed it to her with a dopey ass grin on my face. It was the scariest shit I'd ever experienced in my life, which didn't explain why all I wanted to do was hold her hand, see her smile back at me, and know that she was in it with me.”

Karla started surprising me when she said that the hero wouldn’t be Finn as everyone thought but I was already all in when she reveal us who claire’s love interest was and she wasn't wron
Manoela
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.8 Stars

Faked is the first book I read from this author and it was a thank you, it was the reading style I needed to forget a little bit of trouble and embark in a light, romantic and fun book together with these characters.

The story here has the instant love thing, which I have to admit, I'm not a fan but in this story it didn't bother me, because I think the author did a good development between the characters that sometimes even forgot about it.

Claire and Bauer, they're practically the oppo
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, 2020-reads, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://beneaththecoversblog.com/2020...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
zaraa
Jun 18, 2020 rated it liked it
claire and bauer were SOO cute and soft, i loved them. also, all the ward family moments, ugh they’re just bunch of comedians.
p.s. the sneak peak at the end, lia’s love interest though— i’m looking the same way i’m looking at isabel and that mma fighter.
Mia
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
"𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅, 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒆."

Claire and Bauer story is fluffy insta-love I liked the most Ward family scene these were scene stealer.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
ARRRRGH! Claire and Bauer were just so completely adorable – I can barely even handle it!

This series! This series is turning out to be everything I didn’t even know I needed. Ms. Sorensen delivers on all the things I love the best: the chemistry, the banter, the sweet steady burn that holds my heart in thrall and keeps my greedy little reader brain hungry for more. Faked delivered on all those things – and more! I loved it so much!

This is a sexy sweet fake romance / opposites attract story. It w

• Wait With Me (Wait With Me, #1)
  • Slade (Walk of Shame, #1)
  • The Naughty Princess (Naughty Royals #0.5)
  • Football Dick (Big Girls, Bad Boys, and Babies, #1)
  • The Learning Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #3)
  • Brooklynaire (Brooklyn, #1)
  • Otterly Scorched (Hometown Love, #3)
  • Outmatched
  • UnTouch Me (Savage Beast MC Book 5)
  • I Made a Mistake
  • Last Kiss (First and Last, #2)
  • Joke's on You (SWAT Generation 2.0, #6)
  • Freedom (Blackstone, #3)
  • First Touch (First and Last, #1)
  • One Click Love (Hot in the City #2)
  • The Studying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #1)
  • Bachelor Boss (The Bachelors Club, #2)

Ward Sisters (3 books)
  • Focused (Ward Sisters, #1)
  • Floored (Ward Sisters, #3)