Start by marking “A Crown of Talons (A Throne of Swans, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Crown of Talons (A Throne of Swans, #2)

A Crown of Talons

(A Throne of Swans #2)

Fight or flight . . . or both?

Three months after Aderyn's coronation the court is celebrating the Solstice, but Aderyn is preoccupied by Lucien's continuing hostility. The celebrations are interrupted by the arrival of nobles who have escaped from the neighbouring country of Celonia - the flightless have risen up and overthrown their rulers. The world is changing.

As people
Published January 14th 2021 by Hot Key Books

To ask other readers questions about A Crown of Talons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Crown of Talons

Start your review of A Crown of Talons (A Throne of Swans, #2)
Bookphenomena (Micky)
How did I not realise this was a duology and not a series? I’m pretty pleased I got the culmination in book two and this was a pleasant realisation towards the end. I didn’t have chance to re-read the first book before diving into A Crown of Talons but I needn’t have worried, these authors caught you back into the tale with ease and without repeating lots of info. I knew where I was within a few pages and I was totally wrapped up in the story in those first few pages too.

The world of A Throne of
Karen
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading the previous book, A Throne of Swans, and so I was delighted when I was given the opportunity to read and review this final book in the duology. The world is fascinating and easy to grasp and I loved the drama at court and the historical setting. There are some fabulous descriptions of the scenery, costumes and weaponry and the duo-authors manage to create a wonderful atmosphere in every scene, drawing the reader into the story. There is an obvious hierarchal system wher ...more
Becca (Horners_book_corner)
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
I absolutely adore the premise of a fantastical world with people who can transform into birds. A Throne of Swans was such a great read, I was keen to read the sequel, A Crown of Talons' as soon a possible.
The deception and betrayals are running rife in Solanum. Aderyn and Aron need to fight together in order to save it from the treacherous Tallis and get the ancient Crown of Talons back. But a marriage where you love each other as cousins has its pitfalls. With underlying currents of equality,
ThatBookGal
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Full review available on my blog.

Quick Review

A really satisfying end to the duology. This is certainly not a happy read, with lots of pain and suffering throughout the various twists and turns that the story takes. Lots of politics and scheming, and the second half in particular is crammed with action.

Joyfulbooklover
5 stars

This book did something I didn't believe was possible. It has pushed Supernova by Marrisa Meyer off the spot of favourite book.

Sister Katharine Elizabeth Corr never disappoint. This book was mind blowing and amazing.

It was such a good, interesting, fun book. There were moments(like the last few chapters)Where I couldn't stop yelling at the characters.

The ending was really thought out and I enjoyed it a lot. This will be a series I go back and read many more times.

And it's safe to say, the
Shannon (ridiculusreads)
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It’s always a little bit scary and a little bit daunting picking up the finale in a duology when you adored the first book and rated it so highly.
Firstly, there’s the fear that you won’t like it. That it will disappoint you and that disappointment will taint the first book for you. There’s a fear that your favourite characters won’t get the revenge they deserve, that their story will end on an unhappy note, that the world in which you loved in book one will feel different or unbalanced in the fi
Jennifer Ayre
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the sequel to Throne of Swans, which I read as an ARC at the start of 2020, so it seems fitting to read Crown of Talons as an ARC at the end of the year.
A lot happens in this book, and honestly we got to about 80 pages from the end and I couldn't see how this would wrap up. I feel that it could have benefited from being a trilogy, as there is so much build up in this book that the actual battle for the Throne is very quick and takes place over just a couple chapters, I'd have loved to h
Hâf
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
One year ago I read Throne of Swans by Katharine and Elizabeth Corr. It's the story of a young woman desperate to discover who murdered her mother. After the death of her father at just seventeen she travels to the Citadel to uncover secret plots and brutal betrayals. I loved this unique and fascinating story about a world of shapeshifters who could become birds at will and I couldn't wait to read the sequel.
After the explosive ending of the first novel I wasn't sure what to expect from the sequ
Nikki
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the publisher as part of a bookstagram tour. As always, my opinions are honest.

I found this a welcome return to the world of A Throne of Swans, which I also really enjoyed! I didn't reread it and luckily picked up what was going on very fast, which is always excellent.

I think this had a little bit more on the romance BS than I really wanted, but I loved Aderyn and Aron's relationship. Well more her relationship with him. I really didn't understand why he was sometimes
Marie
Jan 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! I adore Aderyn so much, she has now become one of my favourite characters.

I love this magical world, I adore the magic of turning into Swans, it’s so beautiful. It was a great read, full of emotions, love, betrayal and devastation. That’s why it was bitter sweet, I loved it but one part was so shocking and sad, oh my heart. The ending was perfect and the story was finished nicely.

I am so pleased o found this duology, a new favourite of mine and will recommend to ever
Rachael Mills
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-owned
A Throne of Swans is a book I’m constantly recommending to fantasy fans. It’s full of political intrigue and deadly games and I’m pleased to say book two ups the ante even more. There’s a lot of suspicion in Aderyn’s court and she often seems not to know who she can trust. Betrayal is a main theme and one Aderyn soon finds herself confronting.

I still absolutely adore the shape-shifting element of the story and loved seeing it more regularly in this book. With Aderyn now ruling the kingdom alongs
The Bookish Faerie
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
I loved the cover in a wing beat, the design represents the duology as a whole. So brutal, dark and cruel with a feather of pure white just as the sunlight hits it as though it was representing peace even in savage times.

"A Crown of Talons" is the sequel of "A Throne of Swans" written by the Corr Sisters. We are brought back straight into the festivities of the Celonia Court celebrating their new monarchs.

If you're looking for an easy series to read, this ain't it. It is filled with intricate
Sifa Poulton
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A CROWN OF TALONS was one of my most anticipated reads this year, and now I have to try and write a coherent review, rather than just screaming about how I loved it (and also, how dare the Corr sisters do that?!) I also have to try and do this without spoilers, which is the other very tricky bit.

The long and short is that I loved this book. This series is easily one of my favourite fantasy duologies. While I am sad that it is now finished and there's no more time to be spent with Aderyn and Aron
Amy
Jan 03, 2021 rated it liked it
Thank you so much to Kaleidoscope Tours & Hot Key Books YA for sending me a copy of A Crown of Talons! A Throne of Swans was one of my favourite reads of 2020 so I had high expectations for A Crown of Talons and sadly I think that my expectations were perhaps too high...

Let me start by saying I love the cover of this book and I love the fact that it's a duology because there really aren't enough duology books in the fantasy world. This book starts off exactly where the first book left off and
Miss Sabine
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
My thoughts on it...well I started reading it almost directly after I'd finished A Throne of Swans so I had no difficulties with the world (or the telling of the story in the present tense). Actually it was kind of easier to read. For the first 30 or so pages I was a bit bored cause nothing really happened. Ofc I made a wish like: Duh I hope something is happening soon or... Well sometimes wishes obviously get granted. At 3/4 of the story I had killing urge for almost everyone (except Valentin p ...more
Steven Willmott
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
As in the first book, the characters are really well crafted and likable. The story moves along quickly and there are plenty of twists and turns along the way. The authors do a great job of keeping the premise of the strange world alive and making this support the story.

Having a strong set of female protagonists who are both complex and nuanced is also great to see!
Lifeinbookland
Jan 12, 2021 rated it liked it
I LOVED THE MIDDLE OF THE BOOK and was going towards 4 stars but the ending was... safe?

This book is full of court drama and politics which I really enjoyed.

If you are looking for a twisty read this one is definitely it and I would recommend it
Natalie
Jan 14, 2021 rated it liked it
The concluding book in a duology. A great read, easy to get lost in, so it's a perfect mental escape from everything that is currently going on. I would definitely recommend this and the first book in this series. ...more
Rachel Louise
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Rated: 4.5/5 Stars (rounded up to 5)
Gary Collins
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A perfect end to an incredible series
I absolutely loved this book it made me cry and smile
Can’t wait to read more from Katharine and Elizabeth
❤️💙💚💛🧡
Beth Knight
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A stunning rollercoaster, heart-shredding finale that had my heart in my mouth and almost made me cry, which given I don't cry at fiction is IMPRESSIVE.

I adore Katherine and Liz.
Yasmin
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book!
Aleksandra
Jan 14, 2021 rated it liked it
Lepsze niż pierwsza część, ale wątek romantyczny to jedna wielka komedia.
Bethany Coates
Mar 05, 2020
Lauren
Jan 14, 2021
Goodreads Librari...: link information incorrect 2 20 Jun 01, 2020 01:11PM

• Raybearer (Raybearer, #1)
  • A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • The Lives of Saints (Grishaverse)
  • The Ever Cruel Kingdom  (The Never Tilting World, #2)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • Amari and the Night Brothers (Supernatural Investigations, #1)
  • House of Hollow
  • The House with Chicken Legs
  • Thorn (Dauntless Path, #1)
  • A Clock Of Stars
  • The Archived (The Archived, #1)
  • These Violent Delights (These Violent Delights, #1)
  • Secrets of the Starcrossed (The Once and Future Queen, #1)
  • The House at the Edge of Magic
  • The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)
  • The Dark Archive (The Invisible Library, #7)
  • Verify (Verify, #1)
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)

A Throne of Swans (2 books)
  • A Throne of Swans (A Throne of Swans, #1)