Start by marking “Murder at High Tide” as Want to Read:
Murder at High Tide

Murder at High Tide

(A Rosa Reed Mystery #1)

Brand New 1950s Cozy Mystery series by USA TODAY bestselling author Lee Strauss!

Murder's all wet! It's 1956 and WCP (Woman Police Constable) Rosa Reed has left her groom at the altar in London. Time spent with her American cousins in Santa Bonita California is exactly what she needs to get back on her feet, though the last thing she expected was to get entangled in
Published March 31st 2020 by La Plume Press

To ask other readers questions about Murder at High Tide, please sign up.
Kate Cavell Not Lee Strauss's books. I find them delightful.This is the first time I have read a multigenerational book of hers, just annoyed that she has chosen…moreNot Lee Strauss's books. I find them delightful.This is the first time I have read a multigenerational book of hers, just annoyed that she has chosen to skip entirely Rosa's birth, childhood and teenage years.But the mystery is good, the writing is as usual excellent and I still think she wears the Agatha Christie mantle well(less)

Start your review of Murder at High Tide
JoAn
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, cozy-mystery
Murder at High Tide by Lee Strauss is a new cozy mystery series set in the 1950's and was as enjoyable as her Ginger Gold cozy series. I was drawn into the story from the first chapter and didn't put it down until it was finished.

Rosa Reed is the daughter of Ginger and Basil Reed and a WPC with Scotland Yard. She has taken leave from Scotland to visit her mother's family in America. I liked Rosa and found her to be a likable character that I could relate to throughout the book. The plot is
Helen Drake
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a brand new series for Lee Strauss set in the 1950s but it involves some characters from the Ginger Gold Mystery Series, set in the 1920s. The main character Rosa Reed is the daughter of Ginger and Basil Reed and is a Woman Police Constable with Scotland Yard. She is currently in California living with her Aunt Louisa who is Gingers stepsister. Louisas mother, Sally, who is Gingers stepmother is also staying there.

During WWII when Rosa was a teenager, she had spent a few months living
Bonnie Clevenger
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A new series from Lee, set in the 1950's.
Rosa Reed is the daughter of Ginger and Basil Reed, both are in the detective world of London.
Growing up in that climate, Rosa also becomes part of police department.
When she was younger, she stayed with the Foresters. her American cousins, during the war.
She graduated from school in America,
During that time she fell in love with a soldier named Miguel Belmonte, but because he was Mexican, he was considered unfavorably.
She went back to London, and on
Miss W Book Reviews
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Murder at High Tide is a new historical cozy from Lee Strauss.
The story is set in 1950s and there are characters from the fantastic Gingery Gold Series, yay!

The main character is Rosa Reed and she is written so well. She is actually the is daughter of Ginger and Basil Reed . She is a WPC (Woman Police Constable) with Scotland Yard.

Rosa is in California visiting her aunt and cousins. While there, a murder occurs and Rosa stays to investigate.

The characters are well developed and the mystery is
Bev
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-read
Rosa Reed is taking what she learned from her mother Lady Gold/Reed and her father Basil Reed. She is a policewoman in Scotland Yard, but now she is in California living with her Aunt Louisa who is Ginger's stepsister. Of course, there is fashion, big charities, and murder. This is where Rosa excels. Someone from a big charity is murdered. She helps the lead detective, someone whom she fell in love with when she was younger. Now, remember this is set in California during the 1950s so fashion and ...more
Anne G. Kasaba
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the start of a brand new series. Set in the 1950s it is a spin off from the authors Lady Gold series featuring her daughter with Inspector Reed as the main protagonist. As expected from the author, Lee Strauss, this book is well plotted with an interesting storyline and dialogue true to the time period.

When a murder occurs at a charity function hosted by her aunt, WPC Reed is asked to consult with the local police. The only drawback or possibly silver lining, is that she must work with
Shirley
Murder at High Tide takes place in the 1950s, Elvis, the bel air automobile and sunny California beaches. Rosa Reed on a visit from London falls into a murder investigation lead by a handsome detective that just happened to be an ex boyfriend.

She assists in the investigation with the help of her new kitty friend Diego and her cousin Gloria.

It was another great cozy mystery from Lee Strauss. The clothing, the scenery, and even the furnishings in the houses are superbly described.

A lovely evening
Kandy
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun book. I love that it is set in the 1950s. So cool to see that Rosa is following in her parent's footsteps. I am looking forward to seeing what Rosa gets up to next.
Kelly Young
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun new series from the world of Ginger Gold!
Once again, Strauss begins a series that catches your attention right from the get go! Her grasp of historic time periods is bang on, even as she changes her setting to a different part of the world.
The mystery is well crafted, the new characters are compelling, and this promises to be yet another must buy series from this author!
Merry Chapman
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Strauss' have written a new series which is a spin-off of the Ginger Gold series and is wonderfully set in the 1950s. This series is a winner for sure (all of the author's series are). We are introduced to Rosa Reed, Ginger and Basil's daughter as she is a grown up and works as a Woman's Police Constable for Scotland Yard. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Rosa is in California visiting her mother's family basically because she has run away from a bad decision and a wedding that was ...more
Pat Plummer
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book! Lee Strauss is introducing us to the newest branch of the Gold/Reed family tree!

This is my first experience of reading the "next generation" of a family in her own series, and it is such a joy! I caught myself on numerous occasions thinking "Your Mom did exactly the same thing." But--to the main point. Rosa Reed is the daughter of Ginger and Basil Reed, who impending arrival ended the latest of the Ginger and Basil mysteries.

Time Warp dance to right after the end of WWII.
Susan Stokell
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A new series by Lee Strauss set in 1950's California. I have to say that my favourite character is Officer Diego. ( so cute and cuddly)
Rosa Reed (daughter of GInger and Basil Reed) escapes to California after her botched marriage plans. She hopes to rest and recuperate and to decide what she wants to do. A death occurs at her aunts charity event. Rosa is asked to help out by her aunt. (Rosa is WPC Rosa Reid from Scotland Yard)
Rosa is able to help her aunt and find the murderer.
The story is
Jean Curran
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It has been such a pleasure to finally 'meet' Ginger and Basil's daughter Rosa in this, the first book, of a new series featuring her exploits. This apple definitely hasn't fallen far from the tree, she has all the robust character traits which one would expect of Ginger's daughter, together with a sprinkling of uniqueness which makes her a strong and endearing character in her own right.
This book, set in the 1950's, brings a fresh perspective to the Ginger Gold mysteries and will, no doubt,
Cher
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a continuation of the Ginger & Basil Reed series and my head felt like it had been zapped in a time machine. Ginger and Basil had a little girl named Rosa that grew up and also entered the field of police work. However she now lives in sunny California with her aunt. And then there's Miguel, who's engaged and what is Rosa going to do? Lee Strauss writes great books and I expect this series to get better as it proceeds. Can be a stand alone without the previous series but makes it ...more
Nancy Sewing
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the Ginger Gold series and greatly anticipated the new Rosa Reed series. I was not disappointed. Lee is a fantastic author. She keeps you interested and you also want to keep reading. I had a special connection with this book because one of the characters had polio and was in a wheelchair. I have had polio and have been dealing with paralysis for over 40 years. While I am now content there was a time when I was disappointed in my situation. The feelings of the character in the book were ...more
Polina Posner
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rosa Reed, daughter of Ginger and Basil, is the main character of this spinoff series. The 50's California is the setting for this fabulous new cozy, with some new and some very familiar characters from Ginger Gold mysteries of the 20's. As always, fashion is the strong suit, with such authenticity in descriptions, the reader can see and feel the surroundings.
Looking forward to more of these wonderful mysteries, as well as surprise visits, perhaps, from beloved characters of the original
Leanne Pazik
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it but....

I love, love, love Ginger Reed, so for her to be pregnant in the last book and now have a grown daughter in America who walked out on her fiancé on her wedding day is a hard thing to deal with!!! The good news is that the Rosa Reed Murder mystery is adorable and really fun!!
Janice Drake
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
New spin off from the Ginger Gold mysteries and a good little mystery. I like Strauss' writing and her details of the history in the 50's story. Rosa, Ginger's daughter, is caught up in murder in sunny California with the complications of an old beau and an overbearing aunt. The story moves along at a good pace and keeps one guessing. I liked it!
Margaret
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lee Strauss has done it again! Rosa, Ginger and Basil Reeds WPC daughter is a delightful constable on holiday in California. The plot is well thought out and I would highly recommend Murder at High Tide. I look forward to reading the next great mystery Murder on the Boardwalk. ...more
Elizabeth
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A quick, enjoyable read, but it didn't quite possess the charm and fun of the Ginger Gold series.
Karin
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It took months and cost over a thousand dollars, but in the end, it worked. I enjoyed the trip back to the 50s and I recommend the book. ...more
KEVIN YOUNG
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant book, hooked from beginning to end. Once again she has excelled herself, great characters and story line, keeps you guessing throughout.
John Hill Jr
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rosa

I have enjoyed all of the Ginger Gold series and now I think this series with Rosa will be just as good. I look forward to reading the next book.
Heidi
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful new cozy mystery series by Lee Strauss. Read the short story The Romance of Rosa and Miguel before reading this book.
Barbara Bertaux
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It was so light and fun. Rosa is definitely the best of Ginger and Basil. I like how Scout was mentioned too. Can't wait for the next book!!
Lynn Allison
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun reading!

Lee Strauss has a great way of writing good, clean, interesting mysteries with most enough romance to keep my interest. Easy to read when one wants a relaxing day.
Darlene
Mar 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozies, arcs
A new leading , a new time period- the same attention to detail, the same fun to solve mystery. Rosa Reed, Ginger and Basil's daughter, is a chip off the old block(s) finding herself involved in a murder investigation purely by happenstance. Another brilliant spin-off of the Ginger Gold series.
Rose Ann Tellez
Mar 27, 2020
Glenda Mallam
Mar 26, 2020
Stanley W. Welles
Mar 29, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Cozy Conspiracy: A Murderous MINI Mystery
  • NO OTHER WAY (Harry Hunter Mystery Book 3)
  • Dead to the Last Drop (Killer Coffee #8)
  • Run Girl Run
  • Summer Teeth
  • The Producer's Unlikely Bride: A Clean Christian Opposites Attract Romance (Blushing Brides Book 6)
  • Shadow of the Storm (Out From Egypt, #2)
  • Counted with the Stars (Out From Egypt, #1)
  • In Darkness, Look for Stars
  • Witch, Don't be Hexed Mad (Witch's Guide to Haunted Properties: Los Angeles: Mystery Book 4)
  • House of Glass: The Story and Secrets of a Twentieth-Century Jewish Family
  • Dry Souls (Dry Souls, #1)
  • Tinted Windows (Chloe Fine Mystery #6)
  • The Vampire Knitting Club (Vampire Knitting Club #1)
  • Happily Hereafter: A Paranormal Cozy Mystery (Eastwind Witches Cozy Mysteries #13)
  • The Lessons of Labradors (Love & Pets, #4)
  • Shatter the Earth (Cassandra Palmer, #10)
  • A Scot's Pledge (The MacLomain: End of an Era #1)
For fans of Golden Age who-dun-its ~ from a USA TODAY Bestselling author!

You'll adore Lady Gold from the acclaimed Ginger Gold Mysteries series, and the spin of series, Higgins & Hawke.

Look for the connected 1950s era ROSA REED MYSTERIES!

Sign up for Lee's newsletter and get EXCLUSIVE access to Ginger Gold's Journal AND a Rosa Reed prequel short story!

A Rosa Reed Mystery (4 books)
  • Murder on the Boardwalk (A Rosa Reed Mystery #2)
  • Murder at the Bomb Shelter (A Rosa Reed Mystery #3)
  • Murder on Location (A Rosa Reed Mystery #4)

News & Interviews