Start by marking “Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)” as Want to Read:
Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)

Need for Speed

(The Elite #2)

Need for Speed is the continuation of Solo and Panther’s story and should only be read after book one, Danger Zone.

They train to serve their country.
They strive to be the best.
But only a select few can be...
The Elite

* * *

MATEO MORGAN
CALL SIGN: SOLO

Reckless, arrogant, and bold, Solo is as known in the U.S. Navy for his bad-boy reputation as he is for his skills as a fighter
Published March 27th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Need for Speed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Need for Speed

Start your review of Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]

Need for Speed is book two in The Elite series by Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine. This series, this couple, is just everything. These two books were my first with either of these two authors and I am ready to proclaim my undying love. While in the first book, we were getting to know the two main characters, this book we dig deeper. While the first book was filled with testosterone, this book had the feels. And oh my gosh, I swooned.

locked on target gif - Google Search

Mateo Morgan and Grant Hughes were both chosen to spend ten weeks
Wendys Wycked Words

I have been a fan of Solo and Panther since I started the first book and fell in love with their flirtiness. What I didn't love about the first book was that huge cliffy I was left with. Thankfully though, the wait wasn't too long and this one picked up right where the first book left us.

I need to know what happens next gif - Google Zoeken

One thing is for sure though... Panther and Solo were as shocked by that cliffhanger as I was and they are both coming to terms that maybe there is more to life than just being a fighter pilot

Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Need for Speed is the second installment of Brooke Blaine and Ella Frank's Elite series. The book starts off after the events that ended the previous one and puts us right back with Panther and Solo. These two were still really fun to read about and as their relationship continued in this book we got a lot more sweetness from them. Their connection really sparked and I loved that about them.

We get to see how both Panther and Solo have changed as they grow together
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Book #2!

You NEED to have read book #1 to read this second one!

We start right where we left Solo & Panther in the first book.

Panther just had to eject out of his jet....

He survived relatively uninjured. Just a few very bad bruises.

And now the poor guy needs to be supervised for the next three days. And that's a job for Solo.

He moves into Panther's room to keep an eye on him. Lol!

And again Panther can't resist Solo's constant über-flirting and the guys become even closer than before...

But they sti
Vanna
Onto the next... (why are there 3 books??!!! Why??!!)🙄
Eva ☆
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A well-deserved continuation ...

Do you know when you read a good book and the author spoils everything in the sequel? I am happy to say that it did not happen here.
The second book remains true to the characters' personality, we see how the relationship begins to change, lust has an important role but love too.

This book starts where the other ended, the story develops fast and I love everything that Ella Frank writes.

In this book, we have Solo opening up about his past, Panther recovering and ove
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was alright. It had the 2nd book in a trilogy syndrome of feeling like just a bunch of filler for me. While I appreciated that they connected more emotionally, I don’t feel like all that much happened. On to the next!

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Grant and Mateo’s story. This takes up where the cliffhanger left us. Mateo steps in in a big way for Grant and they get closer because of it. There are some sexy times and some feelings developed...and this ends
Cadiva
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've decided to treat this series as if it was a play in three acts.

Book one set the scene and left the reader with a cliffhanger to draw us back.

Book two gives the payoff from that, and then goes into more depth as its relationship and plot lines develop.

Book three will bring the conclusion and, if it follows true to form with this pair, a satisfying ending with lots of feels and an explosion of sexual chemistry.

I love all the characters in this homage to Top Gun, the fighter pilot elite of
Anna lost in stories *A*
*little disclaimer
I have been in the biggest reading slump of my life since the end of august… it lasted for about two months and was absolutely awful… fortunately around the end of october I finally got out of it and got back to reading more like I am used to :) unfortunately I still don’t want to sit down and write *proper* reviews… you know, detailed and with full and coherent sentences… ;) usually when I get like this I can wait it out and then catch up on everything once that mood passes, b
Elsbeth

Feels rushed but that's inevitable cause it's only under the 180 pages. I really don't like when imo these 3 books should be one full novel. Now I'll have to wait another month for the conclusion.

For me all other couples Ella Frank writes don't feel like the connection Logan & Tate have. She ruined me by them...

Oh well. I'll read the next.
*nottooexcited
Rebeka
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love
haletostilinski
Yes, I absolutely loved this second installment. I actually enjoyed it more than the first one, a big reason being because of the deepening of Mateo (Solo) and Grant's (Panther's) relationship, and their relationship development.

After the last book's cliffhanger, this one opens up right after it, and as Panther has been injured - not too severely, but he does need some time to heal - Solo not only grows a little more serious as the event not only shakes him because it's Panther and he's becoming
Denise
3 Stars

A good continuation, just a bit too heavy on the sex and innuendos for me. I appreciated that things are moving in a more emotional/personal direction and am looking forward to the last book.

Series:
Book 1: Danger Zone → 3 Stars
Book 2: Need for Speed → 3 Stars
Book 3: Classified → did not read
True Loveislovereview
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, 2020
Mateo and Grant aka Solo and Panther

It took a few weeks but finally, they can go back up in the air.
Panther’s strong body recovered fast, Solo was like a shadow right beside him to help.
He’s even the wise guy who helps Panther through his fear.
The crash did bring them closer.

When there is another competition in the air Panther has to fly against the one big man who always pushed him hard, harder, hardest.

There’s a ball coming and date is needed, a date with Solo would be everything, still impos
Nicole Dykes
May 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So gooood!

Okay this series is amazing! Like I can't stop reading it! I don't want to! Solo and Panther are everything! I'm on to the next one!
Sanaa
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Need for Speed is definitely better then the first book. It started off where the first left off with that brutal cliffy. It was a really enjoyable book. There was much more emotion, getting to know the characters, the angst, the chemistry was hotter then ever. I liked the progression of the book and I cannot wait for the third. Thank God it's only a month wait.
Cassie
Panther and Solo are back in this installment and it is all about the feels. First, Ella had left us completely hanging at the end of the book 1, so I had to see what happened even prior to fully reading this story. Edge of your seat reading for sure. So this book picks up immediately where book 1 left off. This book follows Panther and Solo through the murky waters of feelings, and what their feelings for each other are evolving into. I really loved this book. More than book 1. I liked reading ...more
Kelly
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Go big...

These cliffhangers are killin me. Omg, I love these two, especially Grant.
High octane romance, two navy elites, one smoldering love story. Ella Frank brings her signature heat, with just the right amount of angst.

Heat 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Liber_Lady
Mar 27, 2020 rated it liked it
ARC copy review.

2.5 Stars

This book was a bit of a let down.

Absolutely nothing seemed to have happened.

I wish there was more romance. I wish the characters thought of, and talked abt their partners by using their real name and not Solo and Panther.

The love thing seemed to have sprung up suddenly.

The dude fell from the sky.. And now in a week, he is hitting the gym? We do see a litttttttttle tlc but not as good as it was in Logan and Tate's book.

The feelings and depth of character seems very two d
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

Yesssss! I have been impatiently awaiting Need For Speed to turn up on my reaader, and it was everything and more than I needed.

After the cliffhanger we were left with after book one, I was waiting on tenterhooks for the second installment. What happened to Panther? How does Solo deal? What is going to happen with their relationship?

Oh, how I adored this installment. The Goose/Maverick vibes are strong in this one (can anyone say volleyball game?!?) an I loved th
Shannon
3.5*

After that cliffhanger in book 1 I'm glad we didn't have to wait very long to find out what happened after Panther's accident. Of course you knew things would be fine, but still!
Granted I don't know anything about ejecting from a fighter plane, but I felt like Panther's recuperation might have been a bit quick, from the sounds of his injuries. I think I would have liked it if we had seen Solo taking care of him more than just a day or 2. And I do wish they'd call each other by the real names
Jessica Alcazar
Now we’ve got ourselves a story! LOL If you read my review for Danger Zone you’ll see I was kinda unimpressed with the progression on the story or better put, the substance in the book, thus far. Well the story has taken flight kids (no pun intended lol)!

I loved this segment/portion/installment (whatever you want to call it) on Panther and Solo’s journey! There’s emotion and feelings and we truly begin to feel their connection. They’ve both been career oriented in the past but they’re starting
Tia
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series is so good and the books are too short! Solo takes care of Panther after the accident and their relationship progresses to the point where they realize things have gone way beyond just hot sex. You can feel the chemistry between them, but their dynamic shifts to something more tender, and Panther begins questioning things about his life.

The only negative is that these books seem rushed - if there was more story and character development they could have been amazing.
My Own Bookshelves
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Check out book 3 for my overall series review.
Beneath The Covers Blog
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2020-reads, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://beneaththecoversblog.com/2020...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Brandi
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I knew this book was coming out today, but given the state of the world it totally slipped my mind. I had two other books to read today. But did I do that? Nope.
Because I needed to read about Solo and Panther.

I am so in love with this duo. I don't know if it's the push and pull, the love and lust, the feelings while also wanting to keep the feelings out of it, but omg I love these two.

And the side characters are equally awesome.

I am so ready for the next book in this.
Because yes, this ended
The Book Bee
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4.5 Fabulous Stars
"He was simply too beautiful and too good."

OMGosh!! Again, way too damn short! I got wrapped up in this world and I read through so quickly that by the time I got to the end, I was left scrambling for more!! A blessing in disguise, for sure, but now I miss them!! Gimme more Solo and Panther!! Ella and Brooke have given me yet another couple and series to get lost in. I am absolutely, hands down, in love with them. Undeniably!!!

You know those kinds of books that reaf
Caroline
5 stars

After the ending of the first book in this series, I was so impatient to get this book, to know what happened next! But it was so worth it.

We pick up where we left off, but it is so different than what I imagined the authors would have done. You really get to know both Solo and Panter in a whole other way and if I didn't love them before I for sure do now. They really had me with them and I could feel every emotion they felt.

“I didn’t want to.” “Care?” Panther nodded. “So what happened?
Kim
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars
I was dying to read this one after the cliffhanger in the first one, and just to get more Panther and Solo! That event will have a profound effect for both of them.

This is the section of their trilogy where things begin to change course. They start to spend more time together, become more vulnerable and communicative, and begin to feel more than they were prepared for.

And these two really are wonderful together. I enjoyed seeing different sides to them. Solo is not always the reckless

• The Hunt
  • The Trade (The Brentwood Boys, #4)
  • Semper Fi
  • Your French Kisses (Boyfriend Material, #5)
  • Licked (L.A. Liaisons, #1)
  • A Little Bit Like Heaven and Hell (South Haven, #3)
  • Hooker (L.A. Liaisons, #2)
  • P.I.T.A. (L.A. Liaisons #3)
  • The Sleeping Beauty Killer (Under Suspicion, #4)
  • Blood Game (Eve Duncan, #9)
  • Take the Risk: Learning to Identify, Choose, and Live with Acceptable Risk
  • Quicksand (Eve Duncan, #8)
  • On the Run
  • Eight Days To Live (Eve Duncan, #10)
  • Stalemate (Eve Duncan, #7)
  • Countdown (Eve Duncan, #6)
  • Forever My Saint (All The Pretty Things #3)
  • Dead Aim (Eve Duncan, #4.5)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
Ella Frank is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Temptation series, including Try, Take, and Trust and is the co-author of the fan-favorite erotic serial, Sex Addict.

A life-long fan of the romance genre, Ella writes contemporary and erotic fiction.

The Elite (3 books)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Classified (The Elite, #3)

News & Interviews

“I hate cardio anyway. Let’s go work on your dick.” When Panther’s eyes rounded, I put my hand over my lips. “Did I say your dick? I meant your strength. Easy mistake.”
“Or you’re just easy in general.”
“Something I’m pretty sure you won’t be complaining about as soon as you get your”—I lowered my eyes below the waistband of his shorts—“strength back.”
“Quit it,” Panther muttered, but when I raised my eyes back to his, he licked at his lower lip.
“Or?”
“Or you and everyone else in this gym is going to see which part of my body needs zero help in the rehabilitation department.”
I chuckled but let it go for now, because if I kept up with this line of conversation, Panther wouldn’t be the only one announcing what kind of workout he was interested in doing—and news flash, it had nothing to do with the equipment in this gym.”
0 likes