Start by marking “Hidden in Plain Sight” as Want to Read:
Hidden in Plain Sight

Hidden in Plain Sight

By day, Roberta Lake is a computer software and hardware specialist with an uncanny knack for understanding the inner workings of the technology she works on. By night, she is a CIA Brain Trust operative, putting her abilities in mind communication, infiltration, and control to use on people instead of gadgets.

In other words, Roberta Lake is a psychic assassin.

Under the
Published February 13th 2020 by BHC Press

To ask other readers questions about Hidden in Plain Sight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden in Plain Sight

Start your review of Hidden in Plain Sight
Xavier Hugonet
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Hidden in Plain Sight is the first full fledged novel from poet and essayist T.S Teller. And for a debut novel, it is quite impressive.

Roberta Lake is an assassin for the CIA, although not in the conventional sense. She has psychic abilities, and use them to perform the tasks assigned to her by a black project (one could imagine is an offshoot of the old MK-ULTRA program). She’s not the only operative in this program, as we get to meet several others, each with specific skills, but none being
Linda Strong
Meet Roberta Lake ... or her 'other' side .... Bobbi Waters. Roberta does not what anyone would a normal job. She's actually a highly valued psychic assassin for the CIA. Her mental capacity is not to be challenged. Mind control comes second nature to her. Her assigned assassinations are helped by her alter ego.

Until the Brain Trust turns on her, and she must fight to not only survive, but protect the coveted secrets to unlocking her abilities. If she fails, a force of psychic killers could be
Bonnie DeMoss
Feb 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
I was not able to finish this book. I saw no warnings about graphic sexual content. When one of the sex scenes involved children who were being abused, I could not continue. This book needs a warning that it contains graphic descriptions of child sexual abuse.
Karen
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off, the book cover and the blurb are what sucked me in – the eye really captured my attention. And I like the title, though after reading the book, I think “Hidden in Sight” would have been a more appropriate title because for me, this story was anything BUT plain.

It’s an intriguing premise and though I personally don’t believe in psychics and the paranormal, I do believe it’s possible on some level, if not probable. So I’m coming at this read from that opinion.

I was confused right off
Brigit (dark.psyche.reads)
This is unfortunately my first DNF. I read 50% and just couldn't force myself through the rest as I simply did not enjoy it, and struggled to understand what was going on. What possibly could have had potential as a concept, needed better context descriptors and character development to help readers understand where the setting is and how the characters are feeling through body language. For this reason, I couldn't connect with characters and found their dialogue/behaviour strange or confusing. ...more
Elisa
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A debut novel by TS Teller, Hidden in Plain Sight tells the story of Roberta Lake, someone with psychic abilities that allows her to wear two hats: computer genius and professional assassin hired by the CIA.

Though the idea of assassins having psychic abilities isn't new, the abilities that Roberta possesses along with the psyche of her character are ingenious, which makes for an intriguing read. She has all the hallmarks of a classic heroine: kind and giving, strong, smart, empathetic and
Sam
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
The blurb and the title got me hooked on this book. But right off the bat I got confused. It took me several chapters to get a feel for the story and the characters. Roberta works for the CIA, but also holds a day job, when she does her mind tricks she is Bobbi. For a couple of chapters I had no idea they were the same person and Roberta was actually in control and protecting herself.
The story starts seemingly in the middle, and I guess that is what the whole book is all about, confuse you a
Doris Vandruff
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Roberta works on computers at the Brain Trust. Actually the company's real initiative is to be able to access people's brains and make them do what the trust commanded them to do.
Roberta and others at the Brain Trust have special abilities. The ability to control minds.
I enjoyed this book immensely. It has a lot of plot twists. It has strong main characters, and the sub characters all have interesting back stories.
I would recommend this book to readers. It has everything a novel needs to be
Leah Hines
Feb 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
The premise for this story is intriguing. Unfortunately, the execution is lacking. The writing is very disjointed and makes it difficult to track what is happening. The conversations between characters come across juvenile. While the characters are interesting, the story is too all over the place to allow the reader to become invested in them. This one had a lot of potential. For me it missed the mark. I was unable to read the whole book. I skipped many sections hoping it would get better. It ...more
Doug Yonce
Once I got through the story it made sense, quite often I felt confused. Suspending belief, the story works, and I can see so many other ways things could have been handled or plots developed. I received an advanced digital copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Sue
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was captivated right from the start for Hidden in Plain Sight. I loved the blurb about this book and couldn’t wait to dive in, and I was not disappointed. I really loved this book.
Al West
Jan 20, 2020

• Line of Sight
  • Relative Silence
  • All We Buried: A Sheriff Bet Rivers Mystery
  • The Finders (Mace Reid K-9 Mystery, #1)
  • Tell Me Lies (Detective Max Carter #1)
  • The Unexpected Spy: From the CIA to the FBI, My Secret Life Taking Down Some of the World's Most Notorious Terrorists
  • Secrets Never Die (Morgan Dane, #5)
  • The Best Thing
  • Wanderers
  • Past Deeds (Brandon Fisher FBI #8)
  • The Road to Delano
  • The Salvation Project
  • Dune Messiah (Dune Chronicles, #2)
  • The Dilemma
  • An Unequal Defense
  • Burning Justice (Innocent Prisoners Project, #6)
  • Mindhunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit