Start by marking “Wickedly Ever After: An Anthology of Retold Tales” as Want to Read:
Wickedly Ever After: An Anthology of Retold Tales

Wickedly Ever After: An Anthology of Retold Tales

Something wicked this way comes–and this time, wicked is going to win.

Villains are the heroines and heroes of their stories and in this anthology they are going to be the leading players–and finally find love. In these 10 stories you will find villains from fairy tale, folklore and myth. From the familiar to the fantastic. From Hades to Grendel.

You’ll meet:
A man who gets m
Published January 7th 2020 by Riverdale Avenue Books

To ask other readers questions about Wickedly Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wickedly Ever After

Start your review of Wickedly Ever After: An Anthology of Retold Tales
Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
SOME THINGS I LIKED - SOME THINGS I DIDN'T

Actual rating: 2.5⭐

Not a bad book by any means, just not one, that is going to leave a lasting impression on me in any way. It's always strange to review anthologies, because some stories work for you and others might not. In this anthology there were more stories that didn't than there were stories that did work, sadly. Also, this was branded as an anthology where the villains finally got their happy ending - however, there were some stories were I did
W.
2.5 Stars for The Good, The Bad And The Ugly/il Buono, il Brutto, il Cattivo

If I take a creative licence and a tongue in cheek approach on the title of the 1966 Italian epic Spaghetti Western, to describe my thoughts on Wickedly Ever After , it would be ; The Quirky, The Smutty and The Absurd.

I liked couple of these stories but the others no so much. In concept is a fun idea , but the delivery fell short.

I just reviewed Wickedly Ever After by Rachel Kenley. #WickedlyEverAfter #NetGalley
Megan Rivera
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was a great rendition of Fairytales but with a twist. I really enjoyed reading this book and would highly recommend reading it. It does a great job showing the villains of these great tales.
Christine
Jan 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This one is a DNF for me.
BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
A lover's tale, this started out the anthology on a disturbing note. I didn't like the ending at all nor did I like the horrible human female. This is rape in the most non-consensual manner. The dween should have shut the door in face of the greedy selfish woman. Fortunately, from there on out, the fairy tales re-interpreted become better and better. It is a delightful reimagination of some of the well-loved fairy tales. For those who picked up this book thinking it was going to be erotic retell ...more
Annette Jordan
3.5 Stars
Behind the beautiful cover, this is a collection of tales, spun from the "villain's" perspectives that allows the reader to see that not everything is as it first appears, and that sometimes the bad guy is the hero of their own story. Inspired by mythology, folk and fairy tales, a gifted group of writers have come together to create a collection that will have something to suit most tastes, though a word of caution, this book is definitely not aimed at a younger audience.
Each of the st
Fernanda Granzotto
Feb 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
As the rating shows us is not a good book, I couldn’t read most of the stories. They try too hard, the written is no good and neither is the storytelling of the authors.

A Lover’s Tale By Divya Sood
Part of Her World By Rachel Kenley
🧜🏾‍♀️ 1.5 stars
Lily Michaels
Aug 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I tend to see things in a fairly balanced light in both my readerly life and my real life and can almost always see all points of view. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love to hate on some villains and have wished for bad things to happen to them more often than not. But when it comes to more classic tales? I… kinda want to know what makes the Wicked Witch wicked and what, if anything, can undo the evil ties that bind.

So when I came across Wickedly Ever After, I immediately wanted to know more. I hes
wonderfullyweird88
With anthologies, there are always stories that are good and some that aren't. In this anthology, there were more stories that disappointed than there were stories I enjoyed. I loved the idea of seeing villains in a new light, but this book didn't deliver on its promise. The short stories were written in such a simple way that a child could read it. Not that I would recommend this to children, some stories are heavy on the smut.

Only one story actually stood out to me "Sea and Hearth." a widower
Kasey
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, did-not-finish
**Disclaimer: I received an advance review copy from NetGalley for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.**

"Wickedly Ever After" is an anthology of various fairy tales, myth, and folklore stories. The twist is that the villains are the centerpiece of each story with their own "happy ending."

The concept of this anthology is what piqued my interest, but the stories themselves are simply-written and read like middle-grade fanfiction. For example, "Sea and Hearth" was my favorite story of t
Maria
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What I love – EVERYTHING!!!!

What I didn’t – I wanted more because all the stories were so good!

This book is a collection of short stories that takes a new twisty look at ten (10) fairy tale villains and is a MUST READ. These retellings are for adult because they are quite steamy, delicious, sensual, and hot hot hot! All the stories were quick, easy, and enjoyable reads and I read all of them in one sitting because I did not want to stop and was sad when I finished the last short story because I
Destiny Bridwell
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review. I love books with a lot of shorter stories. I got sweeped away in the romance and sweetness of these stories. I mean there is not all happiness and all, but most story that have Wickedly in the title are just a little strange. I am going to look into more by all of these authors and see what I can find.
Jenna
Apr 24, 2020 rated it did not like it
This was a real disappointment. The writing is uniformly heavy handed and there was so much saccharin and sex that the stories completely lost any tension between ‘hero’ and ‘villain’ or ‘good’ and ‘wicked’. In the end they fail not only as reimagined fairy tales, but also as love stories.

Mi-ch-elle
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Wickedly Ever After” by Rachel Kenly is a combination of short fairytales and/myths with unlikely twist (in a good way). Many are unexpected endings.

My favorite is “Sea and Hearth”!

[** I received “Wickedly Ever After” by Rachel Kenly via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ]
Chloe
Mar 18, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was meh it wasn’t amazing but it also wasn’t terrible it’s not going to be something that I think about every couple of months. My favourite story was the beauty and the beast retelling I just found it to be a really fun read
Beth
May 20, 2020 rated it did not like it
ARC provided by Netgalley.

I should probably give up reading anthologies...I hardly ever enjoy them.

Most of the stories were too short to be engaging. The best one was probably Sea and Hearth. As with many romance anthologies, the relationships happen too fast for believability or enjoyment.

A sidenote: nowhere in the description of the book or publisher is there any indication that this is LGBT+. This could be a key selling point, so why not mention it?
Karen Machamer
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Just loved this book and recommend it to everyone.
Kristina
Jan 20, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 38%. I attempted to read 5 of the 10 short stories featured in this collection and will not continue. Of the stories I read, there were abundant grammar errors for what is to be a published collection and the stories were frankly boring. I enjoy the concept of retelling fairy tales from the perspective of the villains, but there was little to hold my attention throughout this collection. I was enjoying one tale until it awkwardly turned into a sexual romance, hinting at the characters bei ...more
Valerie LeComte
Mar 30, 2020
WolfieKoala
Apr 29, 2020

• The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper
  • The Museum of Desire (Alex Delaware, #35)
  • Dark Descent into Desire
  • False Value (Rivers of London, #8)
  • A Dangerous Collaboration (Veronica Speedwell, #4)
  • The Deep
  • One Perfect Summer
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children, #3)
  • Redwall (Redwall, #1)
  • The Anti-Honeymoon
  • Kings & Queens of the Medieval World
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • The Companion
  • First Frost (Waverley Family, #2)
  • His Only Wife
  • Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2)
A Jersey Girl trapped without good diners or boardwalks in New England, Rachel Kenley is a novelist, workshop leader, and co-founder of the Writers Business School (www.writersbusinessschool.com). She speaks nationally on writing, business, and how to connect with your heart’s desire.
Rachel’s first romance novel was published in 2007 when the e-book world was new. Since then she has had seven nove