Start by marking “Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)

Cutie and the Beast

(Cipher Office #3)

Living with her mother seemed like a good idea at the time. But Elliott Donovan’s living arrangements are not working for her anymore. Desperate to get back on her financial feet after a divorce and out from under her mother’s thumb, Elliott takes a job in the child care center at Weight Expectations, a local gym.

It has everything she needs – family friendly hours, more pa
Published April 14th 2020 by Smartypants Romance

To ask other readers questions about Cutie and the Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cutie and the Beast

Start your review of Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
lazybookconqueror
Elliot and Abel have a few things in common, both have gone through divorces and are now responsible for taking care of their respective daughters. Mabel is Abel's energetic little girl and Ainsley is Elliot's bubbly child. Also, they are both working at Weight Expectations - Abel as a personal trainer and Elliot as the daycare's (afternoon) manager.

When Abel finds himself looking for a roommate and Elliot is really struggling to be back at her mom's house - they figure out that it's the perfec
DJ Sakata
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-comedy
Favorite Quotes:

“I’m making a hard rule — no glitter. I don’t care what projects the kids have, do not bring glitter in this room.” I laugh at her insistence, mostly because I get where she’s coming from. “Agreed. I am not vacuuming satan’s decorations off this floor.”

I could have probably bounced a quarter off the abs on her. I, on the other hand, have lost actual quarters in my fat roll.

“Cougar guidelines?” “Half your age plus seven is how young you can date without it looking weird… When you’
Penny Reid
Apr 14, 2020 marked it as to-read

** NOW IN KINDLE UNLIMITED **
What the WHAT?!? You can now grab ‘Cutie and the Beast’ by M.E. Carter for FREE in Kindle Unlimited! What the heckerino are you waiting for?

** LINKS **
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2RnGgqQ
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2tt0Az5
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/38oFcda
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2NI0xqc

** BLURB **
Smartypants Romance
Feb 11, 2020 marked it as to-read

You can now grab ‘Cutie and the Beast’ by M.E. Carter in #KindleUnlimited! WooHoo! We’re so happy we can make our new Spring Launch releases available to the KU audience while also giving readers on other platforms a chance to grab them, too! If you missed grabbing your copy of Cutie and the Beast on other platforms, check back when it reemerges…in about 3 months.

** LINKS **
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2RnGgqQ
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2tt0Az5
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/38oFcda
Amazon AU: https://a
Jessica Alcazar

Grab your copy TODAY! Available in Kindle Unlimited!
Amazon US | Amazon UK
Amazon CA | Amazon AU

Single parent romance books are one of my go-to tropes in this genre. Throw in double single parents and you have nowhere to go but up. Right? …. YES, RIGHT, AND UP WE WENT!! You guys, I just finished this read last night and it was the best evening read I’ve had in a while. It made me happy from beginning to end and I slept like a baby after I finished :)

These two were ridiculously perfect togethe
Caitlin Reads
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cutie and the Beast was such a cute and fun book. I was intrigued by Abel in Weight Expectations and was excited to read his story. I always love single dad stories and Abel was no exception. He had been through a rough time as an ex WE fighter,recently divorced father with a gym that just burned down. It was fun to see his comeback and growth in this novel. I also really enjoyed reading about Elliot. She was honest and refreshing as well as an amazing mother. Her and Abel had so much chemistry ...more
Kahea
Check out an Excerpt HERE

*** 4 Stars***

I’m a sucker for single parent romances and having TWO single parents had me making all kinds of grabby hands at Cutie and the Beast, also the fact that I really liked Abel in Weight Expectations definitely upped the ante for me and I ended up thoroughly enjoying this slow burn romance. It had me pulling out my hair at times, but it was a fun, cute read filled with real, everyday issues that parents ~ regardless if they are single or not have to deal wi
Sheila'S Book Corner
Cutie and the Beast is a fun, sweet and entertaining romance with plenty of banter.
Trainer and single dad Abel (aka The Beast) is doing his best to make ends meet and raise his eight year old daughter.
Cute single mom Elliott and new manager of the gym’s daycare needs to move out of her mom’s house if she hopes to preserve their good relationship and not get on each other’s last nerve.

Abel and Elliott decide to combine resources. On paper it seems a perfect arrangement but real life can throw
Izzie d
Apr 23, 2020 rated it liked it
I really struggled with this one.
I'm sorry to say the start was just sooooo boring.
I def won't reread.
I like this author so I was very disappointed.
It took me ages to work out the Hero's child's age. Felt to me like contradictory things, some made her seem really young, carrying her in a blanket in the early mornings then being expected to clean up dishes and the mess she made.
Ex drama on both sides.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
HEA.
Michele Allen
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! It’s nice to get back to Weight Expectations and learn more about Abel and what a good guy he is. I always enjoy ME’s books...I love her writing style and her characters always feel so real and relatable.
Kelly
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Abel, who had a RUN of bad luck in WE, gets his chance to shine this time around. Just to recap: his wife left him, the gym burning down hit him in a very financial manner, and...uhh, wait. Maybe that was everything. Regardless, he's now a single dad struggling to do this parenting thing without messing up his kid too badly and he's looking to bring in a roommate to help ease the financial burden a bit.

Lucky for him, Elliott needs exactly what he's offering. I'm not just talking about the roomma
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Cutie and the Beast By ME Carter

#Review

#Smartypants

#ContemporaryRomance

‘“Thirty-five, huh?”

She drops her spoon and wipes her mouth with a napkin. “I don’t feel as old as my birthdate says I am.”

“You lied to your daughter?” I say with a snicker.

“I let her do the math. Who am I to say she’s wrong? It would break her heart to know she subtracted wrong.”’

Cutie and the Beast was peppered with some truly funny and witty repartee between our hero and heroine, however it also seemed to cement them tog
Mia
May 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute story about two divorced single parents, looking forward next book in the series.
Azraa
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2020
Thank you to the publisher for providing me with an arc in exchange of a honest review.
Review to come
Heather andrews
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Abel must be the logical one, “it’s not a far stretch. You’re hot. I’m hot. We came here with our kids. Who wouldn’t think we’re together?” Elliot has no filter, “what do you think of oral?” I choke on my bite of ice cream, completely caught off guard by Elliot’s candor." I liked this book, I liked Abel.
Lady Heather

Publication Date: April 14, 2020

"5- It takes a Village to Raise a Child, Stars!

This was a wonderfully written contemporary romance about two single parents who are from totally different backgrounds. They would not have met under normal circumstances but as "fate" would have it, they are introduced to one another by a co-worker and come to a decision that they might be able to help one another out.

These characters Able (Beast) and Elliott (Cutie) are doing their best to raise their daughters
Paula  Phillips
Apr 15, 2020 rated it liked it
As those who have read the earlier books in the series will remember that the OG gym burned down. Cutie and the Beast by M.E Carter are set in the new gym and feature Abel who is one of the trainers at the gym. We learn that Abel's wife has just left them and run off to live her dream of being a model and social influencer. That has left Abel to try and figure out how to juggle between his job as a personal trainer and a single dad of Mabel who is used to being the center of attention and I have ...more
Becca
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun, sweet story! I'm totally in love with Abel and Elliott.

Abel is a single dad just trying to make it through each day with this 8-year-old daughter Mabel. His wife left the two of them to pursue a life as a supermodel - living emotional scars on his daughter and leaving him tight finances. So when he decides to rent a room in his home, the last person he even thought about was renting to another single parent. Especially one who was cute and slowing started to mean more to him
Melena Torretta
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, arcs

The set up for this book was really cute!

Abel, the personal trainer at Weight Expectations, appeared in M.E. Carter's previous book in the Smartypantsromance Cipher Office series. I really liked him and was excited to see he would be in Cutie and The Beast. He is a single father to Mabel who needs a roommate to help cover the cost of his house.

The story introduces Elliott, a single mom who gets a job in the childcare center at the gym. She needs to move out of her mother's house, and so
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via Smartypants Romance and the Author in exchange for an honest review. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

A light hearted emotional romance between two divorced single parents with a foundation laid on friendship and a family they make of their own.

Elliot and Abel cross paths when they are both struggling and juggling with a whole lot of responsibilities of not just their jobs; but also of bringing up their dau
Messy Bun Book Blog
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow...just wow! M.E. has always impressed me with how she’s able to bring realistic situations into her books without making them dreary or frustrating (I mean I’m reading to escape), and Cutie & the Beast was no exception!
Abel was a character that I’ve been SUPER curious about since Weight Expectations. He seemed too good to be true, so I loved seeing that he was flawed like the rest of us. His love for his daughter & guilt over his ex made him almost blind to his daughter’s behavior.
Elliott w
Vanessa (nessreads)
Apr 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Cutie and the Beast is another addition to the Smartypants Romance novels, and the third book in the Cipher Office series. It’s a roommates to friends to lovers story with two single parents and their eight year old daughters.

Abel is a trainer and works at the Weight Expectations gym. He’s struggling with being a single dad and also trying to pay his mortgage. He decides to rent a room in his house, and lucky for him there’s someone who’s going to need a place to live.

Elliott has got to find a j
Cali Jewel
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this fun, sexy, laugh out loud and heartwarming romance filled with engaging charters, witty and memorable dialog, heart racing twists and emotionally thrilling turns. Was a great read from beginning to end. Exciting and sweetly thrilling journey!
Erica Testa
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cutie and the Beast

“Because no matter where this relationship goes, no matter if or how it ends, this is love right here. It’s not the kind that bowls you over so nothing else matters. It’s not the kind that fizzles when the lust is gone. It’s the kind that starts with two people being best friends and grows until they become “your person”.
That’s the best kind of love there is.”

Abel and Elliot are both single parents who need the other’s help. Elliot is looking to move out of her mother’s house
Ashley
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I don't spend a lot of time at the gym. In fact, you could say I've spent more time at Weight Expectations over the last year than I have any real-life gym. (And since I've spent zero hours inside the walls of a real gym, that statement would be absolutely factual.) However, I'd like to think that if I lived in Chicago I would visit Weight Expectations if for no other reason than to meet this cast of characters.

'Cutie and the Beast' is a roommates to friends to lovers story featuring two single
Amy Dickinson
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Overall Grade: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2

“Because no matter where this relationship goes, no matter if or how it ends, this is love right here. It’s not the kind that bowls you over so nothing else matters. It’s not the kind that fizzles when the lust is gone. It’s the kind that starts with two people being best friends and grows until they become ‘your person.’ That’s the best kind of love there is.”

There is so much offered up in the romance world. I’ve said this before in other reviews, but it’s always amazi
Julie
Apr 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
No one plans to ‘start over’ in their life. Sometimes it just can’t be avoided. For Abel – the reality of being a single dad is constantly weighing on his shoulders. After his wife walked out of their marriage, Abel found himself trying to balance being a father, holding down a full-time job, and paying the bills. With trying to balance so much, Abel finds himself overlooking many of his daughter’s discipline problems. The main thing Abel concentrates on is being present in his daughter’s daily ...more
Michelle
Cutie and the Beast is the third book in the Cipher Office series by M.E. Carter. Cutie and the Beast is a standalone adult contemporary romantic comedy series, published by Smartypants Romance. If you are new to Smartypants Romance, here is the quick breakdown of how this publishing company works. Smartypants Romance is the publishing company started by Penny Reid, which as most of you know, is one of my all time favorite romance authors. Smartypants romance brings on new authors to write their ...more
Jen
Apr 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Note: An ARC was provided by the publisher.

I've enjoyed reading M.E. Carter's previous books, particularly her Hart and Texas Mutiny series, so I know her writing clicks with me. I honestly don't know why either of her contributions to the Cipher Office series aren't faring as well. While I had issues with one of the main characters in Weight Expectations, I quite liked the main characters in Cutie and the Beast, and I loved Carter touching upon blended families and trying to balance the romance
Farah
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heart warming read

I’m really happy Abel got his own book, he’s a single dad to his extremely sassy second grader Mabel after his wife May (yes they did put their names together to name their daughter) walks out for a ‘better life’. Money has become tight and Abel is worried about his financial stability going forward.

Elliot divorced her narcissistic husband 3 years ago and finds herself trapped as a guest in her mother’s home along with her rambunctious daughter, Ainsley. Landing a manager job
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Batter of Wits (Donner Bakery, #5)
  • Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library, #6)
  • Beef Cake (Donner Bakery, #4)
  • Upsy Daisy
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger #2)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • A Beardy Bonus: Bonus and deleted scenes from the Winston Brothers Series
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)

Cipher Office (3 books)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)