Start by marking “The Self-Evolved Leader: Elevate Your Focus and Develop Your People In a World That Refuses to Slow Down” as Want to Read:

Bad habits die hard, even in fast-growth industries. In The Self-Evolved Leader, leadership expert Dave McKeown unpacks the most prevalent myths about running a business in fast-growth industries, carefully debunking the usefulness of longstanding tactics such as stepping in to save the day for your teamevery day.

Self-driven leadership evolution. Instead of offering the
Kindle Edition
Published January 28th 20 by Greenleaf Book Group

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Self-Evolved Leader by Dave McKeown
    Release date: Jan 28, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win one of 100 First Edition copies of The Self Evolved Leader: Elevate Your Focus and Develop Your People In a World That ...more

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 49 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Mar 28 - Apr 11, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Self-Evolved Leader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Self-Evolved Leader

Start your review of The Self-Evolved Leader: Elevate Your Focus and Develop Your People In a World That Refuses to Slow Down
    Victoria Bennion
    Csimplot Simplot
    Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Excellent book!!!
    Deepak Bassi
    I got this book via NetGalley for an honest review. I had a tough time getting through it. I typically can read these types of books in a couple sittings. This one kept getting buried below others that perked my interest. Dave makes some great points. A good book for those managing multiple teams and priorities!
    Katy Vendetti
    Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I was given this book to review by the publisher. To be completely honest, I don't think I'm the target audience for this book since I am not presently in a leadership position. However, I still got some great takeaways from the book, and I think it would really be beneficial for my friends and family who are in leadership roles. This will definitely be a book that I recommend!

One of the great points that McKeown makes in this book is about how leadership is not an inherent skill, a "soft"
    Rache
    Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This is a timely book for all leadership levels. It's realistic, insightful, and practical, a great guide for leaders.
    Karen Briscoe
    Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Transform your leadership style by implementing these techniques and strategies. Practical steps and a road map to be the best leader to develop people in a fast paced world. Karen Briscoe, author and podcast host 5 Minute Success
    Darya
    Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    The book is a story and the story represents the theoretical framework in how to become a leader that is confi, while and respectable. I think it is a nice guide for young leaders to enjoy management position in a stresses environment. The book may be found useful by newly born leaders of their own companies.
    Laura Zielke
    Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Brené Brown. Stephen Covey. Jim Loehr. Cal Newport. Carol Dweck. Simon Sinek. Michael Hyatt. Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. Henry Cloud. Whether they have opened your eyes to view vulnerability as courage, motivated you to find your why, or advocated for you to set clear boundaries with others, each of these best-selling authors and speakers has shifted the way leaders think about and approach leadership.

Imagine if there were ONE book where themes of vulnerability, authenticity, mindset, purpose,
    Amanda Mitchell
    Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Dave McKeown does a great job of promoting practical action by explaining how our ideas of leadership have evolved and making a case for what resonates now and where we may need to adjustor perhaps even start over in how we lead.

McKeown takes a stepwise approach--laying out the principles of leadership which would be helpful to staffers with high potential as well as experienced leaders who want to hone their skills. He doesnt sugar coat the challenges that exist in our current environment.
    Monique Song
    Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Recommends it for: leaders and those who wish to improve interpersonal skills
    Without spoiling too much of the content, I can tell you that the book gives practical steps to train your leadership skills. McKeown presents storys from his clients and using these examples to explain his principles. You simply cannot read the book without seeing yourself or people you know making the same mistake Cycle of Mediocrity.

All too often, we give respond to others questions with a self-proclaimed good answer. You may be able to solve the problem faster but ultimately you are
    Delores
    Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I received a free copy of this leadership book. It is an easy, quick read and tries to share ideas that can be done quickly and painlessly. I am in education, so may not be the best judge of the usefulness of this plan in businesses, but it is very focused and doable in my opinion. I would recommend it for reading by business leaders who want to stay "ahead of the curve." Thanks Goodreads for the opportunity to read/review this book.
    Susan
    Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
    The Self Evolved Leader: Elevate Your Focus and Develop Your People In a World That Refuses to Slow Down by Dave McKeown is a great resource for building relationships and channeling urgency while accomplishing goals. McKeown is inspiring using a clean, focused approach ending each chapter with What to Remember and What to Try as an action plan for the preceding text. #GoodreadsGiveaway ...more
    Kristina Aziz
    Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Recommended

This was a short, enjoyable read in the style of "The One Minute Manager". Bonus: A workbook at the end (I love workbooks!)

Even if you read it and decide there are better books, it costs hardly any time at all to skim all three parts and get some decent nuggets of information.

I got this book from a Goodreads giveaway.
    Melissa
    Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Wonderful. Insightful. Well written. Helpful and motivating.
    Jamie Grecco
    What were your biggest takeaways? 1 1 Jan 24, 2020 03:59PM

• Yoga at the Zoo: Little Mouse Adventures
    • Gutsy Women Win: How to Get Gutsy and Get Going
    • The Brown Cow Knows How: Volume 1: The Art of Listening
    • From Individual to Empire: A Guide to Building an Authentic and Powerful Brand
    • The Manager’s Communication Toolkit: Tools and Techniques for Leading Difficult Personalities
    • American Dirt
    • Spiritual Intercourse
    • Flip-Flops and Microwaved Fish: Navigating the Dos and Don'ts of Workplace Culture
    • A Nose for Trouble: Sotheby’s, Lehman Brothers, and My Life of Redefining Adversity
    • Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable
    • The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right
    • One Minute Out (Gray Man, #9)
    • City of Endless Night (Pendergast, #17)
    • The Naked CEO: The Truth You Need to Build a Big Life
    • Words That Change Minds: The 14 Patterns for Mastering the Language of Influence
    • How Women Lead: The 8 Essential Strategies Successful Women Know