Start by marking “Taming Julia (Burrton Springs Brides, #1)” as Want to Read:
Taming Julia (Burrton Springs Brides, #1)

Taming Julia (Burrton Springs Brides, #1)

In 1875, Kansas bachelor Drew Montgomery's sole desire is to serve God, but his congregation's ultimatum that he marry or leave, forces him to advertise for a wife by proxy.

Published February 14th 2020 by White Rose Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Taming Julia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming Julia

Start your review of Taming Julia (Burrton Springs Brides, #1)
Saundra Callender
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I like Jodie Wolfe's writing. I've read several of her books and was looking forward to getting into this one. I wasn't disappointed. It read so smoothly, I didn't want to put it down. I think this is Jodie's best book yet! Right from the start, Jules reminded me of Doris Day in Calamity Jane, one of my favorite movies. She was raised mostly on the trail by her brother, Josh. She was never taught the feminine social graces women were expected to have back in the 1800s. She'd always cooked on a ...more
Barbara M. Britton
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
Jodie Wolfe creates an engaging read with a cowgirl who gives a pastor a run for his heart. Drew Montgomery doesn't know what to make of Jules (Julia) when she arrives in his hometown. His mail order bride was supposed to be meek and demure. Jules Walker is bold, brash, and a great shot.
Wolfe shows us that what we want most isn't always the best for us. Drew has to realize that Jules is fine just the way God made her. And Jules need to find God and His forgiveness.
It takes plenty of adventure
Gail Johnson
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jodie Wolfe's Taming Julia is a rip-roaring, leg-slapping tale set in 1875 Kansas. I loved Julia's child-like innocence and her ability to live out loud. The way she reacted to everyday things allowed the reader to see ordinary objects in a whole new light. I laughed at Drew's reaction to his gun-toting, britches-wearing bride. Watching these two characters navigate the road to HEA was a hoot.

One of my favorite quotes came from Drew.
"Drew prayed the Lord would see fit to nail her mouth shut and
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
I didn't think I could laugh so hard at a mail order bride story with a minister as the main character, but somehow Jodie Wolfe managed to have me to just that! This story was nothing at all like I was expecting, it was so much more! Jules is by far my favorite character in this story. All of the things she did to make me giggle weren't her fault, but I couldn't help myself from giggling and gasping every now and then. She is not your run of the mill heroine, and honestly I think that's why I ...more
Julia
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Taming Julia by Jodie Wolfe is a charming historical novel set in 1875.
Jodie Wolfe has created a marvellous set of characters. I loved the rough and ready leading lady who had a heart of gold but needed educating in the ways of the world. There were many highly amusing incidents.
Knowing God is vital. Once you get acquainted with God youll fall in love with Him and desire to serve Him. God wants a relationship with each and every one of us. He will keep knocking on the door of our heart until we
Julia
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Jude 💜s books.

5.0 out of 5 stars

Taming Julia, loving Drew..

Time to find yourself a good lady, wife. The pressure was on.
Drew, just knew the towns folk, meant it, choose or be gone.
Called to serve God, Drew had not put much effort into finding a wife.

Jules (Julia) arrived in town, acting more like a man than a lady, secrets, guns and saddles where an important part of her life.

I have laughed and cried through this book, it was delightful in the innocence it showed Julia to have, the situations
Pat
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Julia Walker is not your typical mail-order bride. More familiar with handling guns and horses than demonstrating skill with homemaking and social graces, her background and experiences give her a different view of life. When she becomes a part of the normal world, it throws her for a loop. Still, hiding a dark secret, she longs for the same dreams as many women of the era, a home and family.

She is the last thing Pastor Drew Montgomery expects in a wife when she steps off the stagecoach in 1875
Clare Revell
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of an ARC and I loved it. Jules, as she prefers to be known, isn't the demure Julia who'd be an ideal pastor's wife that Drew was expecting. She's as far from it as as you could possibly get. With vivid descriptions and fantastic characters, who had me alternately rooting for them and wanting to thump some sense into them, Ms Wolfe has penned a story I really didn't want to end. With plenty of twists and turns, this book keeps you riveted to the last page.
Elaine Manders
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Funny and Poignant
This beautifully written historical romance will have you laughing and crying. A must read for the mail-order bride fan. I received an ARC copy from the author and this is my honest opinion.
Sandy Slawson
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Taming Julia by Jodie Wolfe, is a story about two people whose past's threaten the shaky foundation of the relationship they are working to build. Preconceived notions, half truths and outside interference may cause the very destruction they fear of the home they both secretly long for. Taming Julia brings a combination of humor, drama, twists and turns that left me with held breath as I turned the page. This Historical/Romance is written with a Christian perspective that I appreciate and is a ...more
Janet Grunst
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gun-toting Julia Walker and Bible-toting Drew Montgomery couldnt be a more unlikely match. How on earth did a minister seeking a homemaker end up with a woman in a Stetson, and britches as his mail-order bride? Taming Julia is the sweet, sportive, suspenseful, and spiritual tale of how these two disparate characters endure, adjust, and grow in this unusual union. ...more
Lucette Nel
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
An engaging tale with two unlikely hearts finding each other. Ms. Wolfe does a wonderful job with creating characters a reader will fall in love with. This read is sure to delight old and new fans alike.
Catherine Castle
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Five Stars for Taming Julia by Jodie Wolfe

Jules Walker strides into Drew's life wearing breeches and toting a gun and saddle--more cowboy than bride. After years on the trail, she's not exactly wife material, but she longs for home and family, and will do anything to ensure Drew never discovers what she really is.

This sweet,
Jeanette Fallon
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Taming Julia...really?  Julia or Jules as she likes to be called has lived a life that you wouldn't call ordinary.  She has never had a placed to call home.  Drew had a home but felt that he didn't belong.  What happens when their two worlds collide?

I enjoyed the interactions between Julia and Drew. He had expectations of what a female should look and act but Jules was not typical.  She tried to conform to his expectations. He also attempted to conform to what a minister should be.

"I praise you
Vicky Sluiter
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness. Author Jodie Wolfe has written a delightful story!

You will love Jules. With a heart as big as all outdoors, which is where shes comfortable living, she tries so hard to be a proper pastors wife. And Drew tries to help her but my goodness. The situations they get into trying to be what God didnt design them to be. Youll laugh, sigh, and probably shed a tear. I even wanted to shake Drew. But I enjoyed every word of this story and highly recommend it if you enjoy tales from the Old
Pamela
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
When a book opens with a hook as strong as Taming Julia, you just have to read the story!
Jules is not your typical mail order bride but she stole my heart from the beginning. Drew proves that even preachers have their hang-ups. I love the way all loose ends tied up nicely into a heart-warming story.
Mindy Obenhaus
is currently reading it
Mar 05, 2020
Holly
Mar 07, 2020

• Out of the Embers (Mesquite Springs, #1)
  • An Amish Picnic: Four Stories
  • The Runaway Bride (The Bride Ships, #2)
  • His Unexpected Amish Twins (Unexpected Amish Blessings #1)
  • Heavenly Lights: Noah's Journey (Daughters of Zelophehad #2)
  • The Blizzard Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #11)
  • Yellowstone Yondering
  • Hannah's Courage (Amish Charm Bakery #3)
  • Christmas on Breakers Point (Independence Islands Book 1)
  • An Uncommon Woman
  • The Gray Chamber
  • Waltz in the Wilderness (Chaparral Hearts Book 1)
  • Three Little Things
  • The Ironwood Plantation Family Saga: The Complete Series
  • Freedom in the Mountain Wind (Call of the Rockies, #1)
  • Finding the Road Home (Hearts of Oklahoma Book 1)
  • Last Words: Seven Sayings from the Heart of Christ on the Cross
  • The Way Home: New and Lengthened (Amish Christian Romance) (The Amish Millers Get Married Book 1)

News & Interviews