Start by marking “A Forbidden Night with the Housekeeper” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
A Forbidden Night with...

Heidi Rice

A Forbidden Night with the Housekeeper

USA TODAY bestselling author Heidi Rice is heating things up in this contemporary Cinderella romance tale of innocence and forbidden desire!

A taste of the forbidden… That has him craving more!

Playboy extraordinaire Maxim Duran is the name on everyone’s lips. But the only name on Maxim’s lips is Cara Evans! He can’t believe that housekeeper Cara has inherited his vineyard.
Published July 1st 2020 by Harlequin Presents

To ask other readers questions about A Forbidden Night with the Housekeeper, please sign up.
Heidi Rice Yes, Cara Evans my heroine in A Forbidden Night with the Housekeeper is a virgin when she meets forceful... And overwhelming billionaire vintner Maxim…moreYes, Cara Evans my heroine in A Forbidden Night with the Housekeeper is a virgin when she meets forceful... And overwhelming billionaire vintner Maxim Durand.(less)

Start your review of A Forbidden Night with the Housekeeper
Jenny
Our hero Maxim Durant can't wait to get his hands on his father's vineyard. He is shocked when he discovers that his father's housekeeper has inherited his vineyard. Cara does not want to hand over her home to Maxim but he seduces her and she ends up pregnant. Maxim proposes a marriage of convenience and Cara accepts but she falls in love with her husband. Maxim however can not return her love.

Wow! So all my favorite tropes are here: marriage of convenience, virginal heroine, unplanned pregnanc
Vintage
I'm at the 29% mark and am I reading the same book as my GR friends?

So far I’ve read more about her nipples than I care to. Honestly, there were three main characters at play: the H, the h and her outer regions.

Anyhoo, the H doesn’t waste any time seducing the young widow and her nipples. It’s all a done deal less than an hour after the funeral so not loving it yet.

Just once when the H is confronted with a scenario with the h married to an older man I would like that one, he NOT jump to conclu
Aou
One of the best modern HPs, it made me shed a few tears.
lily waheed
Jun 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
PERFECT👍
This book has it all , the alpha H , the sweet kind h , the revenge plot , the unplanned pregnancy and the perfect ending with the heart warming epilogue ❤
Great job HR
Loved it
Mtve41
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: almost-5-stars
A very sweet, refreshing read. Made me realize that I should pick up more HR books.

Cara is a housekeeper and last-minute platonic wife to an old man who leaves her his dilapidated house/ mini vineyard when he passes away. This is as payment for all the wages the man owed her. Except reality comes rudely knocking when Cara finds out that there is a strict condition of blocking the sale of this estate to its only buyer- the old man’s son.

Enters Maxim, the hottest, most toe-curling, deeply attent
Melody Cox
3.50 - 3.75 Stars

Our hero, Maxim, was quite the man-whore until three months prior to meeting the heroine, Cara. He was faithful to her from the day he met her...even while they were apart for five months. He gets points for that but then loses them for doing something that was significantly ignorant, hurtful and insulting that smashes her heart to smithereens. I felt what he did was close to being unforgivable. They only had the one night together and he was so out of his mind that he didn't pr
Ishara Dasruth
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do love a vengeful alpha hero and Max was a perfect fit. The story is sexy and well written. This book ticked a lot of boxes for me, and goes to my list of great reads for 2020.
Bibi
Jun 08, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
RomLibrary
A taste of the forbidden

That has him craving more!

Playboy extraordinaire Maxim Durand is the name on everyone’s lips. But the only name on Maxim’s lips is Cara Evans’s! He can’t believe that housekeeper Cara has inherited his vineyard. But bartering with the English beauty isn’t going to be simple…

Innocent Cara has no doubt that Maxim is trouble—and totally off-limits! She definitely isn’t going to hand over her new home to him. But as their desire explodes into passionate life, Cara has to ask
Nancy
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This had an action by the H that I have *never* seen in an HP, and even though it was despicable, I gave it an extra star for originality by the author!

But... I don’t think the h ever even called him on it. I gotta tell you, I sure would have had an issue!

I didn’t like the incongruent remark that ‘if they were wed, he wouldn’t let her out of bed the first week’ when he was seducing her compared with his actions when they DID wed and he not only didn’t stay with her the first night, he left her c
JillyB
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow that was a wonderfully delicious angst fest without evil ow’s or jealousy vehicle om’s.

My first Heidi Rice book and now I’m afraid to read another because this was so good!

Our hero and heroine have an instant attraction to each other. Of course our hero believes it’s just sex and our heroine is too innocent to know what the heck it is and just goes with it.

However as a reader we know that this is not just sex. These two are destined for each other. We sense that these two would find each o
Cynthia
I won a copy of this book from the author, I was not required to give a favorable review. This was a great love story about two people who found each other through the death of another. Cara was working as a housekeeper for a gentleman who owned a small vineyard that he had run into financial problems, he asked her to marry him just days before he died because he told her that would mean she would get the salary she was owed from his pension. Maxim started his life as the bastard son of the man ...more
Myra Wardhana
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a sexy read! Was not expecting the instant chemistry brewing so fast from the beginning of the book between Maxim and Cara.
Rebecca Stump
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it
Dawn Livingston
Liked the premise of the inheritance, the whys, the relationships/connections. The characters were fine, nothing to particularly dislike.

Bored? Worse ways to pass a day.
Stefanie
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I super love it 😍
iamGamz
It took two days to drag myself through this book. Nuff said.
Renae
Rocky in the first half, but smoothed out by the end. While "alpha" heroes are par for the course in a Presents novel, the dude in this one was just a bit too much. The way the revenge scenario in the first half plays out sees the hero basically ruin the heroine's life and publicly humiliate her, all so he can prove a point to a dead man. But when, five months later, he realizes she's pregnant (natch), we see a different side of him, and then the book becomes typical fairytale fare: a glamorous ...more
anisa fitri zakirah
It's an okqy read. Kind of fast forward i guess. They had sex the first time they met, need more angst before that. She got pregnant, and he insisted on married. The hero was very sweet actually, though he was so scared of his own feelings. And the heroine was too naive, and too trusting, it frustrated me. ...more
Claire
Oct 30, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Italian in Need of an Heir
  • A Baby to Bind His Innocent
  • The Maid's Best Kept Secret (The Marchetti Dynasty, #1)
  • Cinderella's Royal Secret (Once Upon a Temptation #1)
  • The Sicilian's Banished Bride (Harlequin Presents)
  • Beauty and Her One-Night Baby (Once Upon a Temptation #2)
  • Italy's Most Scandalous Virgin (Those Notorious Romanos Book 1)
  • Hired by the Impossible Greek (Harlequin Presents)
  • Promoted To His Princess (The Royal House of Axios #1)
  • Penniless and Secretly Pregnant (Harlequin Presents)
  • Shy Queen in the Royal Spotlight (Once Upon a Temptation #3)
  • The Innocent's Forgotten Wedding
  • Claiming His Unknown Son (Spanish Secret Heirs Book 2)
  • The Greek's Surprise Christmas Bride
  • Christmas Babies for the Italian (Innocent Christmas Brides #2)
  • The Terms of the Sicilian's Marriage (The Sicilian Marriage Pact Book 2)
  • Taming the Big Bad Billionaire (Once Upon a Temptation #6)
  • A Baby on the Greek's Doorstep (Innocent Christmas Brides #1)
My name's Heidi Rice, I'm a USA Today Bestselling author. I'm married with two sons (which gives me rather too much of an insight into the male psyche!).

I love my job because it involves sitting down at my computer and getting swept up in a world of high emotions, sensual excitement, funny feisty women, sexy tortured men and glamourous locations where laundry doesn't exist ... Not bad, eh.

Then I